Why is Eastern Europe, save for Russia and maybe Poland, so largely irrelevant?

Why is Eastern Europe, save for Russia and maybe Poland, so largely irrelevant?

Attached: EasternEuropeMap-56a39f195f9b58b7d0d2ced2.jpg (500x500, 47K)

Other urls found in this thread:

de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solidaritätszuschlag
youtube.com/watch?v=--i3pwGGabE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What's wrong with being irrelevant?

Moldova alone is more relevant than the whole Latin America. But even being irrelevant is better than being relevant by organizing genocides and killing children in gas chambers. That's why I respect Sentinelese more than Germans.

Communism. What might have been 1st world and on par with Western Europe by now is instead a backwater thanks to the iron curtain.

Who said there was something wrong?

>killing children in gas chambers

yeah, gas chambers with wooden doors

These nations were subject to empires, they wanted out.

geography maybe?
it's generally very flat which made it easy for foreign powers to invade.
in the modern age probably soviet occupation and fall of the silk road/byzantine empire, and rise of the trans atlantic empires

Yeah Poland or Ukraine were so developed before the revolution, on par with France for sure

Ukraine is very relevant, have you missed the Crimean crisis?

Poland was.

I guess that's why they were overwhelmingly agricultural just like the rest of EE, because, you know, political power is measured in amount of potatoes

historically low populations, and huge, open, sparsely populated areas, therefore less industrialized later on, and the government structure lagged behind the west, also lack of access to the atlantic trade routes

Poland was richer than Norway, Norway handn't found oil.

more than you, dima

Attached: 1517012131672.jpg (678x626, 86K)

lmao

Attached: M0M9a5x.png (1360x769, 347K)

1 Not being on the shore of the Atlantic.
2 Anglos fucking up the Habsburg Empire.

oh no no no

Attached: 2323232.png (671x766, 200K)

Relevant means having an influence on world politics, not being currently on tv news because some disaster happened. It's like saying Haiti was relevant because of Earthquake.

This might surprise you but Scandinavia generally wasn't considered very rich before they had found oil

Lads, GDP means nothing especially when 90% of it goes to Mr. Shekelsberg

>communism doesn't wor-
oh wait

Geee, I wonder why remote small nations untouched by the Great War are rich as fuck. I also wonder why nation runing on unsustainable borrowing based economy because they expect to win a rematch for the Great War is seemingly rich as fuck.

ahh the glory days of our Congo

Attached: tintin-au-congo.jpg (620x671, 82K)

You're basing things off of Russia which has always been backwards. Lenin/Stalin said "let's electrify the land", are these not electric posts in 1919 Narva?

Attached: 1919.jpg (1280x1013, 171K)

Low population.

As a matter of fact we rather enjoy being irrelevant, especially with the sight of some western countries committing ethno-cultural suicide in public.

Geography. Most EE countries had no access to the sea compared western countries had, furthermore of west Europe relevant are Germany,UK and France. Nordic countries were never relevant.

It's simple, Slavs are inferior. Russians aren't Slavs btw, but Finno-Ugrians larpers. That's why it's not so completely pathetic.

2bh Poland was the most relevant in the 14th - 15th centuries when it had access to the Black Sea and it was able to trade with Byzantium
Then Byzantium fell to the Turks, the sea trade routes got shut down and Poland got eclipsed by countries that had access to the Atlantic sea traded coming from America

Attached: 1520676583545.jpg (1280x1907, 220K)

Cringe and bluepilled, WE WUZ RUSE and there's nothing you can do about it, Mykola

Last place in Russia that had a Finno-Ugric identity was Novgorod Republic, they had a democratic Veche and were casually allied with us. The rest got run over by the Mongol-Tatars.

>comparing small pure polish land to whole Empire, which included Caucasus, Central Asia and other shithole colonies
>only marginally higher
WOW

I don't think the iron curtain had anything to do with it.
Mexico wasn't communist and it's still a shit hole.

You're forgetting that countries such as France, GB and German also had a tremendous amount of colonies, which they were sucking dry,

Western Germany still pays subsidies to Eastern Germany, to pay for roads, better jobs and railways, almost 30 years after the reunification.

Rus' were not Slavs, moron.
Doesn't change the fact, that genetically it's more Finno-Ugric than Slavic. Especially in the North, where you know the capital was located for couple of centuries.
And mongol-tatars didn't replace the people, just collected the tribute.

say that to my face fucker not online and see what happens

t. eastern german

Poland is relevant? They're not even in G20

and Eastern Germany repays that with women.

Attached: SEMIGRA_High-Quality.png (2249x2490, 1011K)

de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solidaritätszuschlag

With my sixth sense of slavness I can tell you that RUSENIANS definitely WUZ, IZ AND WILL BE SLAVIC BVLLS, why did you lie to me? I thought we were friends...

> have a deep knowledge of Russia's history
> be part of the Russian Empire and then the USSR for almost three centuries (since 1710)
> "us", "they"
Here you go, you dirty nationalist scum. I'm certain you speak Russian as well.

i know that, but we don't need it. eastern germany is the most powerful region on earth. wessis are just jealous

I'm not arguing, Putin is a Vepsian. If you're gonna call them something, call them Mongol-Tatars out of which Muscovy comes.
youtube.com/watch?v=--i3pwGGabE

>Russian
>Empire

Yes, like I said west Europe had access to sea, while east was buss fighting Mongols and Ottoman.

Attached: post colonialism.png (1492x1578, 1.69M)