Why does Jow Forums hate westerns?

Why does Jow Forums hate westerns?

Attached: goodthebadandtheugly.webm (480x270, 191K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0ZbwtHi-KSE
youtube.com/watch?v=qwb3P0fuM1c
youtube.com/watch?v=wn_7FY82uP0
youtube.com/watch?v=nOr0na6mKJQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

wut

I like westerns. James Stewart is in some good ones

My favs are Shane, high noon, 3:10 (the original), the searchers

Clint Eastwood

Attached: western_starters.jpg (2208x2586, 1.92M)

Do they?

I don't

Attached: 1527372251246.png (1080x608, 341K)

they are boring
the only people watching them are old people

what makes them boring?

a plot you could set your pocket watch to

I don't. Its actually my favorite genre.

Predictable. Especially the Italian ones, but the American ones are also an easy formula. If you have seen one, you've seen them all.

They are the only non weeb media I enjoy.

speaking of predictability
if you think new movies have groundbreaking narratives you're dumber than you think

I like horror westerns

youtube.com/watch?v=0ZbwtHi-KSE

americans on Jow Forums seem to love them but i don't think europe really relates to them. I know old men like them (70+)

'insolence!'

Attached: Charles Bronson.jpg (390x260, 131K)

Mutt trash

Outside of Medieval/High Fantasy and Steampunk, Wild West is one of my all time favs!

>high fantasy
>steampunk

Attached: 1523054097868.png (273x352, 52K)

Lithuanians made the westerns

Attached: Bronson.jpg (1024x719, 67K)

youtube.com/watch?v=qwb3P0fuM1c

because they are not drawn in anime style.

Attached: tL1QLr683wI.jpg (2560x1387, 406K)

God damn I love Westerns. As a communist, I think no other genre of film has the potential to explain how our country came to be.

Because history is politics, the Western is necessarily political. Most of these movies are pretty Marxist, even if made by right-wingers, because they depict the process by which the American Empire deputized everyday citizens to cleanse the land of its first inhabitants and turn the desert west of the Rockies into a place where wealth could be made through which the young nation could prosper.

The classic western actors were war heroes, patriotic nationalists. Stalin loved John Wayne.

Until big John said fuck commies and uncle Joe sent assassins after him

They're racist against PoC

westerns are anti-communist because they're about being fucking crazy and having massive testosterone amounts and not being able to live in normal society following a multitude of laws or peacefully getting along with other people.
It's about masculinity and freedom, uncompromisingly, progress, equality, order, law, be damned.

Communism is about putting estrogen in the water source because it's 2018 and "progress" dictates that people should be more tame and unproblematic than they were 5 years ago.

uhh.. I dont? saw this one 5 times already.

Did we made it right in this video clip: youtube.com/watch?v=wn_7FY82uP0 ?

is that you john wayne? is this me?

>did we make

western movies are pretty cool

people who pretend to be cowboys are faggots tho

youtube.com/watch?v=nOr0na6mKJQ

Movie where Indians trap and kill those anglos is simply far better than your delusional analogy that
defends something about yourself. Still hope an Indian rampage game like that is released. Will never happen though

The eternal fight between good and and evil, white hat vs black hat, Mexican vs Gringo

Dredd was based on Dirty Harry. Harry Callahan was Eastwood doing a contemporary Blondie.
So good.

It's the best one.
It's perfect.

The Gringo probably had some Mexican DNA. Bronson was a Slav.
Funny old world

She was such a qt in that Twilight Zone episode

Attached: elizabeth-montgomery.png (1000x504, 797K)

Why is west west? I mean west is a relative concept and the earth is round.

Never said i did

Attached: r02.png (675x675, 372K)

You can't really know who is Westerner or Eastern by mere looking or geographical location. Globalization is a thing.

Attached: 1523322466431.gif (400x225, 1.72M)

buno

I love John Marston.

I like the one with all the black men and mandingo warriors

western isn't about some geographical position

it is mostly about violence and how non-criminals use it in various ways

generally criminality is some hook and background noise but westerns deals with the moral ambiguity of why and how violence becomes inevitable

the modern western unforgiven deals with the meta-violence of the western genre, namely in the end when eastwood shoots hackman, because he felt like it