Eugenics is bad but we should use biotechnologies to edit people's DNA to get rid of diseases

>Eugenics is bad but we should use biotechnologies to edit people's DNA to get rid of diseases

Attached: IMG_4178.gif (413x243, 51K)

still seething?

Attached: 1475593721530.png (861x914, 88K)

well they are different things

>Editing a gene for a desired trait is different than editing a gene for a desired trait

one is a pinpoint hit to an area that when damaged gives you an illness
the other is a generic way to stop a certain breed from existing
but i understand the point you are trying to make and agree on the substantial incoerence of it

It's not incoherent at all. Modifying genomes to avoid disease prevents suffering, whereas doing it for vanity traits does not.
>inb4 the 15 cm Magyar who "suffers"

just look at all little shits here saying they suffer because they are white/black/short/ugly whatever, can't really use "suffering" as a border

Eugenics is very literally good though. It's in the name.

I wrote a paper on this last month

But this is a type of eugenics

Actually, eugenics is very good and biotech is going to make it more effective.

Why do people act like our species hasn't been shaped by sexual selection?
May as well turn the light on instead of continuing to fumble around in the dark.

the eugenics boogieman was started by far far far left scum that wanted to keep the equality fallacy going
sexual selection, genetic lottery, the luck not to get killed/disfigured in an accident etc all these things have been at play for millions of years

Why do people still pretend that Australians are people
May as well turn the light on instead of continuing to fumble around in the dingo's ass

Australia is a better country than the USA and Australians are better people than Americans. Why are you so triggered by this?

At the turn of the century eugenics was considered a radically progressive idea. Only after eugenics and hereditarianism became associated with the grotesque programs of the third reich did these ideas become completely taboo, although they had fallen out of favor for some time beforehand. Of course, euthanizing the disabled as the Nazis did is absolutely not prescribed by eugenics. Eugenics concerns who is going to breed, not who is going to live.

>butthurt Whitoids

Topkek each time

Attached: 1482864291004.png (895x909, 65K)

Actually I applaud the efforts of the Chinese and hope they continue their research.

You can bet your non-existing wealth on it, that they will continue the research at full force.

They just want to keep a low-key profile.

Οr see better in the dark muhahahahaha!

Of course, I supposed as much from the beginning. The CCP will condemn Dr. He with one hand and write him a blank cheque with the other.

>Of course, euthanizing the disabled as the Nazis did is absolutely not prescribed by eugenics.
Killing is a cheap way to prevent the undesirable from breeding