What happened, Jow Forums?

What happened, Jow Forums?

Attached: 1543793088173.png (2200x874, 1.58M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XO_Y5lzSLZI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Attached: 1543733640958.jpg (720x960, 71K)

chan culture is cringe as fuck holy shit

You can blame Krautchan Jow Forums for the spread of That feel when and Smug Frog.
As someone who was there when Wojak birthed the meme on Krautchan by copying that face from Vichan, I am surprised how much it have mutated.

>WHERE DID ALL MY FUNNY MAYMAYS GO??????

Attached: 1515465526888.png (1159x665, 183K)

based 4channel

Wojak and its derivatives grew on me

Also yes this face originally came from the OG Vichan, it was called "Warm Face" (Ciepła Twarz), as opposed to the "Cold Face" (Chłodna Twarz, our translation of Coolface).
So you can blame both Poles and Krautchan for it.

no meme will ever beat o rly DESU

>adult men caring about the quality of inside jokes on a infamously terrible website
>durr the jokes on this piece of shit website I wasted all my formative years on were funnier ten years ago
fucking grow up and go outside, christ.

>conveniently leaving out rage faces
still cant believe /b/ of all places made that shit and that it went so mainstream

Seoul happens

Attached: 2000pxFlag_of_South_Korea.svg.png (2000x1333, 67K)

These new memes are unironically much funnier. I never laughed as much with those cingey boomer memes.

The wojak memes are pretty refined desu
It's supposed to be a representation of real life, like a way to express daily struggles and thoughts in a eccentric manner wich i believe it does fully
Earlier Jow Forums memes were just ''haha funny man did funny thing is funny'', wojak is more refined, with each iteration of wojak it adds more levels of irony and social commentary wich everyone can associate with

phoneposters

so shitty blogging instead of actually funny things

2007 memes were never funny

the future is now old man

Attached: boomer gets btfo by based zoomer.webm (640x360, 2.87M)

so everything that is unfunny about popular humour now

this is sparta was really funny tbqh i was like 10 and remember dying of laughter back then when i was watching those remixes and compilations
you really just needed little things back then on the internet to be satisfied

>he actually did a fortnite dance

BASED

someone, claw my eyes off

holy fuck cringe

Honestly this. In many ways it's perfect since everyday life is just as "soulless".

Attached: 1542040806238s.jpg (125x65, 2K)

honestly I'll take fortnite memes over wojaks, at least they're not just
>this is me and I'm le sad/this is you and you're le dumb
over and over

I remember how I just searched the word "nigger" and found Encyclopædia Dramatica.
Then I started to read it for hours and I laughed so much from the memes of Jow Forums, so I went here.

Oh no!

Attached: smug.png (798x448, 291K)

everyday life is boring and soulless, so don't post about it, you normalfags do this with every site, you turn it into a facebook page where all you do is blog about your life then after a while you run out of things to blog about and realise that you don't actually give a shit about other people's shitty boring lives so you move on to the next fun site to destroy with your mundane worthless lives

I remember that happening to me the first time I visited Jow Forums (it was the /b/ board but I didn't know shit back then).

I watched these two guys greentext some shit and this pic and another version of it with a mustachioed Hank wearing a beret like he was a French guy

Attached: Hankgasm.jpg (364x366, 21K)

Write about your life in another place.

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASEEEEEEEEEEEED GAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNGGGGGGG

That assumes you are a normie who posts everywhere. If this is your only place for interaction, then it becomes necessary to express feels.

youtube.com/watch?v=XO_Y5lzSLZI

it really isn't necessary, but you have nothing else to talk about because you're a boring shitty person who can't even put effort into a hobby, the only thing that you think is "unique" is your personal life but guess what, it isn't, you're the same as millions of other people on this planet, and when you realise that you'll just fuck off like the "normies" always do, you can already see it happening with the activity on boards like this constantly falling

>remember when Jow Forums was good?
Jow Forums was never good

Attached: 1543668627930.jpg (1600x900, 637K)

You're assuming it isn't just occassional outbursts of emotion. Everyone doing this occassionally adds up to it being present constantly, creating the illusion that everyone is doing it at all times. This is just how it is. I firmly believe it's necessary because living is a pain. That's probably how most feel as well.
>you're the same as millions of other people on this planet
Yes, this is what I mean. We're just human in the end and will always seek social interaction somehow. Most of this memes are likely screams for help and that's why they are popular.

Fuck off with your deceitful "fun", you're like a druggie chasing artificial enjoyment.
The melancholy of life is so much more attractive solely because it is so genuine.

my ass, you idiots post on /v/ and /tv/ all the time how you're tired of playing games and watching movies so you just want to blog about your stupid lives, but when mods see that they kick you out so you come to Jow Forums to blog because there's basically no rules here
if you don't like people having fun then fuck off to some blog site and blog there boring idiot

Fun is old fashioned get over it gramps.
Time for reality, internet isn't your safe haven anymore.

so to answer op's question, because of normalfags like this guy

Attached: 1528579728461.png (1399x813, 479K)

This is now an epic fail guy thread

Attached: EFG.gif (400x400, 3K)

>its not that i can't reach the apple, i don't even want it
lmao, if they could you can bet your fucking ass people on 4chins, even in the golden early days, would have enforced their social norms over others if given the chance, just like you're doing right now in fact.

Not everyone who doesn't agree with your unspoken rules you set for the site is a normalfag.

nah if you cared about social norms you got ostracised from the site, that's what kept the site fun and unique, what you're doing is the same thing you did to myspace, then facebook, then reddit and once you're bored with this site you'll move on to the next
that's the thing with you normalfags, you're very fickle and get bored easily so you'll never stick to a place for too long
you care about social norms, you are a normalfag

>nah if you cared about social norms you got ostracised from the site
You misunderstand, the correct sentence would "if you held social norms differing from the website's social norms you would be ostracised from the site".

>nah if you cared about social norms you got ostracised from the site
That's pretty ironic.

Memes reached a more distilled format through natural selection. OC tries to maximize the attention/effort ratio.

this site never had social norms, whether you were a right wing fat weeaboo or a leftist ceo with 3 kids made no difference, the only thing that mattered is that you didn't smear it everywhere
but you're incapable of that because you're a normalfag and you have nothing else
the whole point of using socially unacceptable words and pictures was to keep normalfags away, but after the mods forbid self moderation that disappeared

Feelsguy and pepe are the ragecomics of this decade. Let them die

>this site never had social norms
You're fucking delusional. Or rather you were too young to understand what social norms were back then so you didn't recognize them.

this is correct

>not having social norms is a social norm :^) so blogging about my shitty life is fine
yeah, nah, fuck off

No, they were the true end point of memery. We finally have something universal.

>hurr I'm le sad
>wow best meme ever so universal!
this is why people hate you normalfags

Attached: 1526969403975.png (1057x3301, 169K)

Here you go again trying to enforce your own opinion of what are the correct social norms over others. Too bad you don't have power over me.

Denmark got connected to the Internet.

Attached: 1164699033165.jpg (1417x1417, 594K)

Attached: 0089w3522.png (255x255, 159K)

Attached: 1439494414948.jpg (1462x1462, 189K)

Gamergate dragged in r*dditors and now they outnumber oldfags

The newer memes are way more modular and versatile which makes them way better.

What the fuck happened to Brian Peppers?

Great, great, GREAT image. Here's another one to match it.

Attached: 1516046915897.jpg (500x492, 155K)

Shitty /b/ tard memes are not representative of what Jow Forums was, newfag.

I don't get it, desu. Was the guy who got knocked the fuck down favourited to win by /sp/ or something?

People moved on to better sites

You know, you motherfuckers think we're a bunch of dum-dums. I swear, this is the worst message board in the world, you guys ought to make yourself look like feels gore for manufacturing this piece of self-deceptive bullshit.

My shout out goes to the Hungarian or whatever guy for being one of the very few here or anywhere involving Jow Forums who are still going to speak the truth no matter how bad it gets, especially considering .

Jow Forums

shut up retard the internet is not serious business

I guess the old carefree attitude of Jow Forums went away as that userbase grew up and abandoned or stopped making content.
I don't know why I still come here. I don't recognize most boards, they've changed so much.

Nothing wrong with reusing old ideas If you make them fresh

Better sites which have yet to be infested by redditors, to be exact, burger.

>I don't like nu-memes

Attached: saoi.png (232x217, 8K)

dumb nigger

I wasn't praising (or criticizing) wojaks. I am just saying that memes evolve. The memes that get the most reaction for the least effort and can be modified in endless permutations naturally spread much farther. The same phenomenon that accelerated the spread of the rage faces has been refined in wojaks and pepes.

Old memes were derived from the site experience, but had an outside source.
Something would get posted, anons would have fun with it.
A meme got born.
The difference is that currently the memes get made for the site, based on the site with the site in mind.
In a way this is an evolution that followed from the time when people got mad that reddit stole their memes.
When the meme is entirely internal and means nothing to outsiders it cannot be stolen.
New memes are the site turning inward rather then engaging with the wider normified internet.

At least wojak isn’t trollface, that unfunny shit used to be everywhere. Also I feel wojak is past its zenith and will sonn follow Pepe.

Besides, this is a result of thighter moderation, back in the day, stuff like "elf slave what to? "Flare.jpg" etc. posting that now woudl result in instaban.

Attached: TrollFace.jpg (3840x2160, 349K)

Wojak is a derivation of Trollface as said in this post , hence the common features like the same nose, forehead lines and eyes. Wojak posters have just been posting rage comics for the past 5/6 years

Yes. Precisely. Why do you think you're correcting me about that? The thing is there are no imagebiards who aren't, so they've only drifted.

I also understood what you meant too, and that you weren't outright praising it, but comparing rage comics and feels in that aspect is like comparing a blank canvas with splashes of paint buckets at best. So you're making excuses.

*sip*
Ah 2008, now THAT was Jow Forums

Attached: 1529173868820.png (380x349, 70K)

Attached: 1476906058102.gif (340x220, 3.64M)

Bump.

This is 4channel :)

1 - killed themselves
2 - became full normies
3 - simply died

Wrong. Anyone who was here knows there was an outright war going on every day for years between the millennial SJW newfag frogposting redditors and the Generation X edgy oldfag OCposting Anons until the end of GamerGate when the newfags won having both moot's whole staff and the general winds of Facebook-ish Web 2.0 social media change on their side.

So option 3 is half true.

here, muh friend
the leftist invasion because of Trump's election

Attached: oppurgethescourge.png (1000x1080, 161K)

some examples of why leftists are still trying to dominate this place

Attached: first example.jpg (1344x2112, 765K)

Attached: 1542503725224.gif (284x264, 69K)

this one was here, niggas

Attached: second example.jpg (943x1024, 371K)

i forgot to put the website in the image and now i don't remember where i got this poll

Attached: third example.jpg (719x613, 136K)

well, i think i've deleted some of them since then

Attached: final example.jpg (1120x934, 102K)

I find it hard to believe most western Europeans prefer Trump, considering they can't get based politicians elected in their own country.

We're at the post-modernist Jow Forums age

These show nothing but how the site has become infested during the election.

The poll was raided by Jow Forums, the entire map was blue before Jow Forums found it.

By trumptard redditors and newfags I mean.

it was like 20k max in most european countries
here , muh somalian refugee
>raid
sure, sure
it was her turn, right?

Russians

haha really based my friend, libtards are really ruining this place, have an upvote

you mad, poopboi?

You and you're entire country are welcome to leave anytime
Back to the containment area