Can someone tell me why people consider Brazil Latin America?

They don’t speak spanish
Their culture is completely distinct from Spanish speaking America
They don’t listen to reggaeton
Less than 10% of Brazil has ever studied Spanish as a second language
Their population is isolated relative to their neighbors
There’s no liveleak tier violence like Mexico, Colombia or Venezuela

Attached: E5C293BB-6C34-464D-B3A9-F9DEEA5565A5.jpg (640x400, 53K)

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/gif/
youtu.be/PngECGTQWOM
youtu.be/wlS6Ix7mA0w
youtu.be/GmHrjFIWl6U
youtube.com/watch?v=L98nlrGDYF0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I wish I was the only American poster here so I could improve our reputation.

>Latin America is a group of countries and dependencies in the Western Hemisphere where Romance languages such as Spanish, French and Portuguese are predominantly spoken; it is broader than the terms Ibero-America or Hispanic America

tp
tf

Yeah no one in real life considers Quebec to be Latin American

>There’s no liveleak tier violence like Mexico, Colombia or Venezuela

Latin America doesn't means they speak Spanish.
I don't think thats true. They have a lot of homicides IIRC

As I was going to tell you yesterday before mods deleted your thread. Yes, I could understand most of the Portuguese in the video you posted. I don't remember it word by word, but yesterday I was translating it, but the first 15 seconds was something about Bolsonaro giving answers to multiple catholic journalists, or something, I don't remember exactly.

Spoken Portuguese is also easy to understand. Specially if you ask people to talk a bit slower. I've been to Brazil myself.

Nobody considers them Latin America except for Latin Americans. Nobody cares about that classification including Brazil itself.

Most of those homicides are shootings, which is tame by US standards

We have had multiple threads of extreme gore shit from Brazil in the past. Don't deny it because this thread will turn into a gorefest and nobody wants that.

Yeah it excludes louisiana and quebec because THEY ARE NOT COUNTRIES

Yeah but US standards aren't to be considered t bh

Please, stop forcing this stupid meme.
We're not latin america, we're worse than them.

Dumbass

So when you hear Portuguese, do you automatically translate it into Spanish or do you hear it as Spanish spoken in a weird way?

Like when you listen to English, you translate it in your head for some words right? Does the same thing happen with Portuguese?

>when you listen to English, you translate it in your head for some words right?
I doubt the user "translates", since he's able to write decently.

90% of it sounds like Spanish with an extremely weird accent. About 10% is not understandable to me even if spoken slowly, tho. Written is much easier and closer to 95%, maybe even more. You just need to have patience.

Latin America is the area where every 1 in 50 people (the rate of employment of church-related or law-related fields) is fluent in Latin.

this has to be a troll, nobody can be this stupid, I'll still answer just in case:

>They don’t speak spanish
they speak a hispanic language, but in any case, latin doesn't mean "spanish", you can't be this retarded, really.
>Their culture is completely distinct from Spanish speaking America
no it isn't, the south is culturally very close to Uruguay and Argentina
>They don’t listen to reggaeton
I don't either, does that mean I'm not latin american?
>Less than 10% of Brazil has ever studied Spanish as a second language
again with the language thing, jesus
>Their population is isolated relative to their neighbors
what does this even mean?
no, this is correct, they're 1 tier above.

>he rate of employment of church-related or law-related fields
Also Philosophy professors

/thread

Trust me, they are not. He is just lucky desuarchive isn't working, as usual. There's no way I would save that shit on my PC.

desuarchive.org/gif/

Before Jow Forums I thought Brazil was a gigantic Rio with everyone chillin in the beach
Now, I think of sopa de macaco

you described Rio twice

We listen to funk which is 10x worse.

Really?

Is that what’s on Canal KondZilla?

Every Brazilian I’ve tslked to has a hatred of Argentina which reminds me of the hatred most Americans have on Mexico

I thought it was the same kind of relationship

that's a retarded meme, we get along perfectly.
there's football bantz and thats it.
by the way this that I'm explaining should be an argument in your favor since hating Argentina is quintessentially latin american.

Also let’s not forget that Brazilian-Hispanic (mostly Brazilian-Colombian) crossover music is getting REALLY popular
youtu.be/PngECGTQWOM
youtu.be/wlS6Ix7mA0w
youtu.be/GmHrjFIWl6U
So the music part is not an argument

You can't study Philosophy properly if you don't know at least Latin and Greek

I disagree
As a chicano, I don't understand a single word in Portuguese but I do know some Spanish words and can hear them.

Because Brazil speaks a latin based language

Really?

Yeah I’m chicano and I speak perfect Spanish but don’t understand a lick of Portuguese

As a chicano nobody asked for your opinion. Since you don't even speak Spanish you are less Latin American than them. Not trying to be rude.

Which has nothing to do with Latino culture which is hispanic, like despacito for example.

> nobody asked for your opinion
> Not trying to be rude
kek, love you

Do chicanos really think they speak perfect Spanish? I thought you guys speak Spanglish

Is Spanish what makes a country Latin America?

You would be right if the word was Hispanic (however Hispania = Iberia), but it's Latino. So nod rly, it still hints at their Romance origin.

It's the truth.
>I disagree even though I don't even speak Spanish
They think they do, but they speak Spanglish at best.

Hablamos Espanol perfecto

source?

Tendrías que haber escrito "español" en minúscula.

no lo escribo mucho. hablo con mi abuelita a veces

"Hola! Abuelita, cómo van tus hemorroides? Viste el partido de los Esquivadores? HAHA"

Ay, los chicanos.

Dudo que lo hables perfectamente, la verdad. Esta chica gringa que creció en México y habla el español perfectamente tuvo un choque cultural cuando regresó a Arizona y se encontró con unos chicanos hablando un "español" muy extraño.

youtube.com/watch?v=L98nlrGDYF0

Tienes Internet?!

if quebec was independent nobody would consider it latin american lmao

tenés internet?

Imagine being this stupid

Now good luck getting any Brazilian to understand this post

Remember - the actor who played Pablo Escobar in Narcos had to take 2 years of Spanish for his role

hot

Yes, mi español is really bien and, umm I'm el mejor..and...

Attached: 1539480134495s.jpg (240x240, 6K)

>We listen to funk which is 10x BETTER
FTFY

>good luck getting any Brazilian to understand this post
Even elementary school children can understand either language, they're just too similar

I thought Brazil was in Africa until I was about 12 yr old

what??
yes, extreme gore happens
but most videos are from before 2016 and nearly all in the favelas
i would say 100 of the 60.000 are extreme gore

>Dudo que lo hables perfectamente, la verdad. Esta chica gringa que creció en México y habla el español perfectamente tuvo un choque cultural cuando regresó a Arizona y se encontró con unos chicanos hablando un "español" muy extraño.
>Eu duvido que você fala perfeitamente, realmente. Essa garota gringa que cresceu no México e fala espanhol perfeitamente teve um choque cultural quando voltou ao Arizona e encontrou alguns chicanos falando um "espanhol" muito estranho.

They look similar enough to me desu
Main differences are these, and can be replaced very easily

>Eu duvido
>Yo dudo

>realmente
>realmente

And "garota" is the single word that just doesn't fit.

Chicanos in the USA really think they are representative of Latin America lmao.

one thing is understanding it, the other is speaking it fluently

I notice that Portuguese doesn't use tildas like in Spanish but they replicate the sound with the "nh". Is that universally true?

Ñ is unique to Spanish

So according to her basically Mexico is superior, in education, people, intelligence, etc. Why do people do this? Is that because she went to good schools in Mexico but ended up in some shithole in Arizona? Or Mexican people are conditioned to believe in their superiority and she is basically Mexican? But she is a sad girl, she seems really confused about her identity. To Mexicans, she is a gringo.

>Their population is isolated relative to their neighbors

kek

>There’s no liveleak tier violence
lol

>>They don’t listen to reggaeton

You guys don't listen to reggaeton though.

>according to her basically Mexico is superior, in education, people, intelligence, etc
Not really
>To Mexicans, she is a gringo.
Only because she went back. If she had stayed she could just quote Chavela Vargas and say "we Mexicans are born wherever the fuck we want" and everyone would agree with her. She doesn't really stand out that much, some Mexicans (obviously not the majority, but some) look like her. Her phenotype is not something weird and her Spanish is perfect, so she could perfectly blend in if she wanted to.

I don't speak Spanish, but which parts were Portuguese and which part was Spanish?

>let me tell you about your country

You are isolated. You don't have any cultural ties with the rest of SA, let alone CA or Mexico. You are the US of SA.

My interpretation of Brazil is that it's basically a bunch of different countries united in one flag. There's no one "Brazillian" culture anymore that there is one "American" culture.

Brazil is literally 50% of South America, and overall 35% of all of Latin America. Imagine if Spanish South America was a country? Same thing.

do you even know what Reggaeton is?

Brazilians hate each other more than even americans do. And they have zero interest in the countries around them.

>no liveleak tier violence

What's whith mutts and getting so obsessed with other countries? Why do they feel the need to dictate what other countries are part fo what group and which should be united or divided?

Attached: 1521664512455.png (699x400, 367K)

yes

/Chi/s aren't latinos, latinos are a cultural group related to a group of languges that you don't understand and it isn't oficial in your cunt, he could like Ramstein and that doesn't make him germanic

it's a brazilian with proxy
he is probably the leftist trying to get people to hate brazil even more

Entitled diasporafags are cancer. Imagine an Italian-American telling you how Italians in Italy should do things. That's what this thread is about.

the creator of this thread is 100% brazilian with proxy

>Entitled diasporafags are cancer. Imagine an Italian-American telling you how Italians in Italy should do things. That's what this thread is about.
I don't think a diaspora would have made the mistake of saying they aren't latin because they don't speak spanish. But i guess diaspora in american soil does acquire crazy properties.

We're Black, the superior human being, we don't waste time with latino and muttmericans. We just want the company with our african brothers

>t. esquerdista de merda con a bunda em chamas
No I am white american.

Attached: 936.jpg (625x626, 27K)

CHI's aren't diaspora though. They literally are Mexican

>CHI's aren't diaspora though

Attached: 1522070838341.jpg (307x462, 16K)

>like despacito for example.
dude, literally put a bullet inside your brain

Attached: 1481104719628.png (399x322, 42K)

latin = romance-speaking
portuguese = romance language
latin america = romance speaking americas
are you stupid

>Brazilians hate each other more than even americans do.
On the ambient of pol? Maybe. In real life? not really, outside of political discussions brazilians are pretty much friends, we are all fucked since our childhood after all, no reason to be angry with each other.

All rook same

HERE, people
the objective of the brazilian literal nigger with proxy spamming shitted.com, gore and creating the same shit threads every day

not even close, and your country isn't a collection of countries either, faggot.

Based

but white germanic people in south brazil hate nordestinos. they don't have anything to do with each other. south brazil is german culture while north east and north are indio culture. remember how a ref was killed and quartered and beheaded and his head put on a stake at a football game in maranhão? while they celebrate oktoberfest in south brazil

Attached: 635[1].jpg (800x532, 83K)

Well Chicanos are mostly Spanish speaking and listen to mostly Spanish music and most of their media is Spanish.

I always felt that Brazil is as Latin American as the USA is.

Many Chis have very poor Spanish skills tbhdesu.

Kill yourself CHI