Anti-Theists fundamentally misunderstand religion

Reddit btfo by based Phoenician

Attached: taleb.png (891x645, 78K)

Why does this retard think he's smart

All of his claims are more idiotic than what the average Jow Forumstard comes up with.

Actually based

I support Christianity for the masses even though I'm a Nietzschean atheist. Instead of God and the afterlife, people make politics their religion now and they're less tolerant than puritans were in the 1600s (mostly true of liberals, most conservatives are pretty tolerant)

why are you libcucks so scared of hacing skin in the game?

black swan + skin in the game are literally some of the best nonfiction of the past decade

Sorry sweety can you refute any of it?

No? Didn't think so.

*DEADLIFTS*

Writing a book on philosophy does not qualify a person to be an expert in theology

He's equating religion with nothing more than risk-survival. Which is fundamentally wrong.

And, for your information, i've actually studied theology, to an extent. Which is precisely why I find this "argument" as down-right retarded.
I'm also a devout christian, so i'm not some reddit fag either.

Is this the same guy who said Lebanese are white or was that someone else?

>I'm also a devout christian

Attached: 1539559505067.jpg (334x506, 42K)

Cool. I'm the department head of philosophy at the University of Minnesota, and I say hes right

he larps as a Sicilian-American though

Yes, he thinks the fact that he is a succesful scholar in philosophy qualifies him to be an expert on all subjects.

He's just another retard that thinks they know more than do.

>a philosopher agrees with a philosopher
What a fucking shock.
Go find a theologian and see what they have to say then, if you seek to use an appeal to authority

I have no idea what he is talking about lol

haha I'm not actually, I was mocking you for saying "i've actually studied theology" as an argument

heuristic methods still need testing and a scientific conclusion to justify itself. Christianity has no conclusion yet

Christianity does not have a built-in separation of church/state. That is a pure lie. I don't even know where he gets that idea.

Render unto ceasar what is his

>I support Christianity for the masses even though I'm a Nietzschean atheist
*starts retching*
>Instead of God and the afterlife, people make politics their religion now and they're less tolerant than puritans were in the 1600s
*retching continues*
>(mostly true of liberals, most conservatives are pretty tolerant)
*vomits*

Mmh yeah but Jesus was a Jew so of course he would say that.

So is superstition. In fact animals have superstition because it is evolutionarily useful. The alternative for their simple brains is trial and error so it’s worthwhile to try irrational actions and see if they deliver any benefit.

What about that famous Jesus quote regarding rome?

Antifragile is the real book