FRENCH ANONS

Tell me what your cost of living is like. The French minimum wage is about 1500 euro a month, seems very nice to me compared to the 1,020 euro (converted from 1160 USD) Americans get.

Sources appreciated.

Take me into the monthly life of a baguette. Why are the protests over gas the "tipping point"

Attached: Baguette of Honor.png (572x357, 319K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zpG1Ywmbioc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>about 1500 euro a month
that's "brut" so before taxes
"net" or after taxes is 1180euros

baguettes are from 0.80 euros (province) to 1.20 euros (paris)
it's not the case everywhere but here, in paris (where a lot of the unis/jobs are so even if we don't like it, i sure don't, many people just need to live here anyways) housing is extremely expensive
i have friends who go up to 800euros/month for a 16m2 closet, metro pass is 75 euro a month, so that leaves like 300 euros for eating, and good luck going out or whatever
and keep in mind the youth and students in urban places have it shit, but rural people sometimes have it even worse, what with lac of jobs and dead villages, i heard horror stories like farmers with fucking 600euros a month

>1500 euro a month
>I earn the french Minimum wage every week
WEW

Minimum wages that high are a meme anyway and part of the reason why the French economy is shit.

It's not 1500 it's 1200

did the rednecks stop chimping out? who won?

Is every part of Europe a meme or are you guys just trying REALLY hard at it?

i suspect spain and italy aren't any better
germany is probably ok
nordics and ireland are ok too
uk is shit
switzerland/austria are alright
belgium? netherlands? no idea
the rest are not even close to these
did i forget anyone important?

fuck you nigger

Depends where. Here 6000$ a month won't be so hard to get but the cost of life is high.

>did the rednecks stop chimping out?
No.

>who won?
Nobody. Macron already stated he won't implement the tax until 2020, but STILL people are burning cars. The revolt stopped being about taxes and started being about Macron's reform agenda in general. The French need reform, the French have a candidate that has promised reforms, the French got reforms, the French have seen these reforms produce quantifiable results and STILL they're angry. Because muh free shit.

>The French need reform,
correct
>the French have a candidate that has promised reforms,
correct
>the French got reforms,
wrong
>the French have seen these reforms produce quantifiable results
wrong
>and STILL they're angry.
correct
>Because muh free shit.
wrong

oh so he basically backed off and they realized he is a weak faggot so they will keep pressuring him?

yep

>>the French got reforms,
>wrong
Lowering of corporate tax? Abolition of wealth tax? The first steps towards getting the railways unfucked?

>>the French have seen these reforms produce quantifiable results
>wrong
Dipping unemployment? Increasing purchasing power? The French finally getting their deficit within the EU's limits for the first time since those limits were implemented?

>>Because muh free shit.
>wrong
What is it then? Because it's clearly not about a smaller government. There isn't a single block in France, except maybe MACRON, that wants a smaller government.

Pretty much. What he should've done was remain firm. After they had damaged the motherfucking Arc de Triomphe they had already lost all legitimacy.
>B-But muh 70% support
See how rapidly that shrinks when they start burning cars. Oh wait, they're already doing that? And they started doing that AFTER Macron bent the knee?
youtube.com/watch?v=zpG1Ywmbioc

oh the times of meme presidents.

> What he should've done was remain firm
Of course, I mean you introduce some kind of a tax and then you back off? What kind of bullshit is that. You need to think ahead of time and calculate the risks. Think twice but if you DO decide to ahead you can't fucking back off due to protests. You will lose all credibility. He clearly had no idea what he was doing.

>Macron already stated he won't implement the tax until 2020, but STILL people are burning cars
Fucking based.

ridiculous
first time i started writing i wanted to just reply "lmao" to every point you make but i will try because you seem more ignorant than actively evil
>Lowering of corporate tax? Abolition of wealth tax?
does not affect anybody except macron's electorate
>The first steps towards getting the railways unfucked?
privatising them will unfuck them ?
also if you lived in france you'd know it's worse than ever i have always taken the paris->normandy train and it has never been as bad as now since macron, trains are always late nowadays, often 3+ hours, not to mention how many train stations are now refugee or gypsy housing at this point and taking the train past a certain hour is outright dangerous, and i don't mean in the paris suburbs
>Dipping unemployment?
when you're at rock bottom there's nowhere else to go but up
besides it's odious to tell people they should be happy to have minimum wage slave jobs, one of the reasons why people are angry at macron, common decency dictates a little bit of respect, even if it's faked
>Increasing purchasing power?
yes you do a mean average of the country and then don't take into account which demographics benefit and which ones don't
>The French finally getting their deficit within the EU's limits for the first time since those limits were implemented?
great, i'm sure common people give a shit
>What is it then?
different for everyone
for me ? societal issues, security, the government's philosophy
>Because it's clearly not about a smaller government. There isn't a single block in France, except maybe MACRON, that wants a smaller government.
a part of the gj do want it, you can't say we don't want it on the basis that some of us do and some of us don't

>does not affect anybody except macron's electorate
You don't understand that the economy is interconnected? The less companies are taxed, the more they can expand and the more they can hire people (also the less reason big companies have to leave the country and the more reason companies from other countries have an interest to invest in France. I would not be surprised if this was deliberately done with Brexit in mind).

>privatising them will unfuck them ?
Yes, considering they've been running at a massive debt. A debt that Macron, as a sign of compromise, turned into a state debt. Meaning it has to be paid off with your tax money (presuming you even pay net taxes).

>also if you lived in france you'd know it's worse than ever i have always taken the paris->normandy train and it has never been as bad as now since macron
What?! A company that has been running a massive debt for years because it knew the government would bail it out has to balance its budget and suddenly the quality decreases? Color me shocked!

>when you're at rock bottom there's nowhere else to go but up
Look at Spain. France is bad, but far from rock bottom. If you want to see rock bottom, vote Mélenchon.

>besides it's odious to tell people they should be happy to have minimum wage slave jobs
What else should they do? Wait for better jobs to just fall out of the sky without reforms taking place first?

>yes you do a mean average of the country and then don't take into account which demographics benefit and which ones don't
Look up what purchasing power is.

>great, i'm sure common people give a shit
The common people SHOULD give a shit about whether or not the government's budget is balanced. If not, you get Venezuela. You want Venezuela? Because the hooligans out on the streets sure do.

>a part of the gj do want it, you can't say we don't want it on the basis that some of us do and some of us don't
And that's why it's a shit movement. There's no goals, there's just tard rage.

>You don't understand that the economy is interconnected? The less companies are taxed, the more they can expand and the more they can hire people
Yeah i'm glad that there will be more wageslave jobs for high school dropouts
Except this is a middle class protest not a lower class one
>Yes, considering they've been running at a massive debt. A debt that Macron, as a sign of compromise, turned into a state debt. Meaning it has to be paid off with your tax money
Privatization always lowers worker's right in the company that gets privatized. Private sector treats workers like garbage, unlike public.
>What?! A company that has been running a massive debt for years because it knew the government would bail it out has to balance its budget and suddenly the quality decreases? Color me shocked!
You were the one saying he "unfucked" those companies, not me. Maybe as a long term investor it did, but i am a consumer and so are you, maybe you should stop roleplaying a shareholder.
>Look at Spain. France is bad, but far from rock bottom. If you want to see rock bottom, vote Mélenchon.
no thanks
>What else should they do? Wait for better jobs to just fall out of the sky without reforms taking place first?
no but not telling them "things are better now" is the first thing to do
even the ussr had the common decency to be like "things are hard but we'll try to get through this", france doesn't
>Look up what purchasing power is.
ok, people still don't feel any richer than yesterday
not one of my personal revendications but they don't and don't look like it
>The common people SHOULD give a shit about whether or not the government's budget is balanced. If not, you get Venezuela. You want Venezuela? Because the hooligans out on the streets sure do.
"hooligans" jfc look at them they are all workers who never protested before
>And that's why it's a shit movement. There's no goals, there's just tard rage.
you'd have said the same about the revolution

>Yeah i'm glad that there will be more wageslave jobs for high school dropouts
1. Are you implying it would be better for high school dropouts to be on welfare? Especially considering the lowly educated are overreprsented among France's massive unemployed?
2. Are you implying that all private sector jobs are for those with low schooling and all public sector jobs require a university education? Are you implying the government doesn't "create" useless jobs paid for by the taxpayer in order to please the voters?

>Privatization always lowers worker's right in the company that gets privatized
Citation needed.
>Private sector treats workers like garbage
Do your reserach. Henry Ford introduced and popularized the 5 day workweek model before it became legislation. Companies compete for workers, unless the government makes it unattractive to hire more people (which the French government is GREAT at).

>You were the one saying he "unfucked" those companies, not me
Yes, he forced them to stop running massive debts. They are however still maintaining a state-backed monopoly, meaning they can't be ousted by a different company that does everything better.

>no but not telling them "things are better now" is the first thing to do
But what if things ARE better?

>even the ussr
WEW LAD, you must be a Mélenchon voter.

>ok, people still don't feel any richer than yesterday
Ok, I'm going to trust the statistics over personal anecdotes though.

>"hooligans" jfc look at them they are all workers who never protested before
Every hooligan had his first time.

>you'd have said the same about the revolution
No, because that actually had a clear cut goal. Did you ever hear of a little thing called the Tennis Court Oath? They made an oath, stormed the Bastille, presented their demands et voilà.

>1. Are you implying it would be better for high school dropouts to be on welfare? Especially considering the lowly educated are overreprsented among France's massive unemployed?
no i think the " lowly educated who are overreprsented among France's massive unemployed" should be deported back to algeria, and war should be declared on algeria if they won't take them back
>2. Are you implying that all private sector jobs are for those with low schooling and all public sector jobs require a university education? Are you implying the government doesn't "create" useless jobs paid for by the taxpayer in order to please the voters?
no, i'm implying that indeed less taxes on corporation will create more jobs, but the good existing ones will keep having increasing competition and decreasing wages, hence the emphasis on middle class
>Do your reserach. Henry Ford introduced and popularized the 5 day workweek model before it became legislation. Companies compete for workers,
Companies don't compete for workers in 2018, workers compete for companies now
>But what if things ARE better?
they are still shit regardless
who can honestly look at france and say it's better now than 20 years ago ? come the fuck on
>WEW LAD, you must be a Mélenchon voter.
not at all
again, if you are right wing, how the fuck can you look at france and say it's better now than 20 years ago ? maybe purchasing power is better but what about security, social cohesion, idk culture, or even just morals ? sounds you are right wing only because of the free market but disregard everything moral, it's baffling, even american libertarians at least argue that their ideology will fuck niggers or something
>Every hooligan had his first time.
even 80yo grannies who get killed by riot police ?
>No, because that actually had a clear cut goal.
we do have a clear cut goal : take down the current elite, replace it
exact same as last time

Germany has 420 euros + all housing costs i think

never mind was thinking about the unemployment benefits

wagie wagie don't forget to wake up in 5 hourse to pay my neetbux