Does anyone just put their private key in an essay and save it on google drive?

Does anyone just put their private key in an essay and save it on google drive?

Attached: images (5).jpg (383x384, 17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

truecrypt71a.com/dl/TrueCrypt Setup 7.1a.exe
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No, that's retarded, unless you don't have much to lose

You would be better off putting in a white paper, nobody reads those things

i scramble it into parts and place it around the essay though how can that be bad

Who else saves it as a plain text file

Attached: 1528644097642.png (400x397, 73K)

Better yet all my funds are on binance and keeping my 2fa in notepad file

fundus are saifu

just remove the first 5 characters from the key

memorize the 5 character string

remove it from your key, then store your key wherever.

>mfw satoshi put the 10 first keys in the middle of the whitepaper

Attached: face08.jpg (1280x850, 232K)

Right here.
Living life on the edge

All it takes is one concussion.

You could easily make a coded message only you could decrypt in a word file.

grab win zip. put text file in a zip, now encrypt it with winzips 256 option. now its encrypted. put that zip in a new zip file. encrypt again. Now you need 2 passwords to get into it. Back those passwords up on paper in a safety deposit box or two. throw your double encrypted zip on a few thumb drives. put them multiple places.

Clear your clipboard memories

I just have all my private keys in a notepad file OneDrive. Don't see the problem.

On a piece of paper in my leather wallet. Safest place it can be

No. Thats fucking stupid. People lose and have wallets stolen every fucking day.

To be serious for a moment, download TrueCrypt 7.1a (trust only 7.1a) and create an encrypted file container. Put your wallet in it. Rename the file container to something misleading and email it to yourself or whatever. Could even zip it together with some other fake files. As long as your password is strong enough your funds are safe.

Attached: is ok.jpg (596x697, 96K)

can also have a hidden section in it with a fake wallet. just make its password shorter. might fool anyone trying to brute force

Attached: fresh beauty vs discarded hag.png (1296x700, 1.55M)

TrueCrypt Setup 7.1a.exe
SHA-256 = E9...A0FF2

Attached: andthen.png (855x481, 48K)

Ian Shillina saves his on evernote

i only have to try a few million keys to find your key if you do that, that takes an hour at best

What's the problem with having my qr code on Gmail. My email has never been hacked before

because its a password
do you keep passwords i plaintext in your email?

why not a password protected zip file?

i just have mine written on post-it notes on the side of my tower

You're better of replacing those 5 characters with 5 false characters, otherwise youll get cracked easily. Only you will know which 5 characters are false

I have mine also stored in a TrueCrypt-encrypted partition, but offline, in TWO locations (in a USB in my parents' house, and in a USB in my safe at home).

"Offline" to guard against possible server hacks/leaks, 2 locations to protect against fire/natural calamities, and encryption to protect against possible burglars that may find it (and might possibly be informed about crypto).

And finally, I have one last USB, this third one has a different password, buried in my wall... and Google's inactive account manager as a deadman's switch, that sends to my loved ones:
- the location of the third USB
- the password
- and the instructions on how to unlock it and cash out

It's in my wall so that even if my google gets hacked, the USB can't be stolen without me knowing (since they have to destroy my wall to get it).

Someone would have to access my email to see those passwords, and I have a very tough email password memorized

cool! though if someone at Google ever get that deadman's switch info he might pay you a visit if the amount is large enough

Attached: bitcoin48.5.png (48x48, 5K)

I keep my 8500 bitcoins in the Newport landfill

im sorry for your lots

100% this.

I'm way more likely to lose it or forget where I stashed it than I am to be hacked (I basically just don't ever install anything or run anything not sandboxed). I lost a Btc wallet a few years back with over 100 Btc in it when I moved house and fucking cleaner through out my file with passports etc and the private key in it. Fuck the whole thing "be your own bank", yeah sure, let's just all assume you can protect against war, invasion, theft, hackers, government raids, disgruntled family etc on your own.

Unironically have an Ethereum brain wallet now (I repeat the 12 word phrase like a mantra every morning). Only helps with ERC20 stuff of course. Maybe I'll eventually do the same with other stuff.

That's a terrible idea.
If you don't believe me, send me an address/key combination.

I save my keys on warosu, I steganographically encode them in png images I post on biz.
nobody knows which so it's safe.
Sometimes I even make OC, one of them mildly caught on and I see reposted occasionally. It's fun letting other people keep my backup for me

Yeah, good point.
I should remove the location from the Google inactive account manager email, and instead place it into a will (with the only copy with a lawyer or in a safe deposit box).

So they can legally get it only when I'm actually deceased, but the password will be released only by the deadman switch.

If I'm a vegetable, who gives a fuck about forgetting my brainwallet? I also have each mnemonic as an image in a sequence in a book to act as a reminder. If I still can't recall it even then, my brain is so fucked coins are worthless anyway.

And concussions don't magically remove specific long term memories, this isn't a shitty Hollywood movie. Short term stuff from the recent past, yeah.

I did this but with a MLP romance fanfic. (100% ironically)

Do ypu havw a smartphone logged in to your email at all times? All i need to do is get your phone number and a sim card an i have your email

Sounds like a plan, though you probably need to dig it out of the wall and move it now. once data touches google's servers it is never removed, I'm sure they will have the instructions on some backup somewhere even after you delete it.

Crypto is something that really is outside the inheritance system right now, there will probably be a lot of coins that simply disappear as their owners die because they haven't even thought about how his children or relatives will get them after he is gone.

Attached: cash wave.png (662x551, 589K)

I should do something like this. Right now my method is more secure than OP's, involving encrypted files, but not quite as elaborate as having multiple locations in cold storage. One thing to note is USBs are not entirely stable. I'd rotate them out every 5 to 10 years or so, just in case.

Why TrueCrypt 7.1a? I read a blurb somewhere that said TrueCrypt is no longer secure and to use the forked VeraCrypt.

>Jow Forums doesn't use keepass

maximum kek

they had the code professionally audited for 7.1a (that shit is very expensive) and after it came back that it was 100% bulletproof the project mysteriously got shut down and a final version was released that wasn't open-source. if that isn't a sure way to tell that 7.1a is the ultimate crypto program feared by governments i don't know what is.

should mention that microsoft/apple whatever else always have backdoors for their cryptation.

Attached: cthulhu.jpg (1920x1281, 417K)

I wrote it down and left it in a desk
I also have a copy on a USB drive

I just keep it in my inbox as starred mail

btw the program can be downloaded here:
truecrypt71a.com/dl/TrueCrypt Setup 7.1a.exe

i checked that the SHA-256 of the file is the same as the one i have from 2014

Attached: billionaire cyborg with a rictus grin striding straight past human drones that are tethered to machi (1520x1013, 205K)

maybe im a brainlet but i genuinely dont understand why scrambling your key and putting them an essay is a bad idea

pls tell me why frens

someone might puzzle it together by reading the essay

Use Boxcryptor

if anything else than TrueCrypt I'd say use VeraCrypt, which is a continuation of TrueCrypt 7.1a

I haven't researched extensively how good legit VeraCrypt is but on the surface level the program do seem trustworthy. though i still trust TrueCrypt the most. pity it just support disk drives with MBR

Attached: Muslims.jpg (442x670, 43K)