It's a poorly kept secret that American houses are very low quality

But I didn't know it was THIS bad.

Attached: oh wow.png (644x1144, 501K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Q1ZeXnmDZMQ
youtube.com/watch?v=mcCr0cwEcQk
zillow.com/sheboygan-wi/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

wood frame houses are alright. the materials are cheap, easy to work with, and in huge supply. modifying and refurbishing a wood framed house is relatively straight forward and easy.

if Europeans like to make their houses out of stone and cinder block, more power to you. but it's cheap to build with wood here in north american due to the abundance of material. different strokes for different folks mate. houses are for people to live in and the vast majority of them built are fulfilling their purpose. don't hate.

The quality of American infrastructure and architecture in general is beyond irredeemable. Just another reason this joke of a country has no integrity whatsoever and another reason to hate Americans.
youtube.com/watch?v=Q1ZeXnmDZMQ
youtube.com/watch?v=mcCr0cwEcQk

Attached: vinyl+sidding[1].jpg (800x533, 73K)

You're just mad my house is 5 times larger than your house and half the cost. As long as a fucking tornado doesn't come through I'll be fine.

The entire west coast of the United States is on an active fault.

A cinder block or brick house will kill everyone inside in a magnitude 6.5 earthquake. A wood frame house should survive magnitude 8+.

Why are you okay with living in a society where all buildings are disposable and devoid of quality craftsmanship?

>the materials are cheap
Then why are American houses so expensive?
>easy to work with
Because they have super lax building standards

highly educational post

That's a decent argument I guess.

>Then why are American houses so expensive?
Compared to Europe, they're extremely cheap

Commieblocks were designed to fold in case of atomic bombing

When are we going to get a social democratic government to make massive infrastructure investments and promote new urbanism?

>why are they so expensive

They're not outside of growing cities and suburbs.

Doesn’t really explain the rest of the cuntry tho

>frantisek
some slav expert. ok.

do you hate yourself, fag?

>A cinder block or brick house will kill everyone inside in a magnitude 6.5 earthquake.
This is complete bullshit.
t. Chilean

>a chilean vs an army of engineers with decades of experience
>but i am a chilean!
typical Jow Forums

Why would I not? Americans have absolutely nothing to be proud of. We have no culture and no integrity, and we live the most destructive lifestyles out of anyone on the planet. It's not healthy to love yourself under those conditions.

This is an eye opener

The overwhelming majority of our houses here are brick. You only get weatherboard walls on cheap holiday homes along the coast (beach shacks), or at least you used to. Some of the 40's / 50's housing used it on stilts and I've noticed up North where cyclones are a hazard a lot of houses are made out of it too.

But PLYWOOD?!

Proofs?

Attached: bIZNaUs.png (331x331, 9K)

zillow.com/sheboygan-wi/

Only slums uses plywood for walls here.
Real houses build in post 2000 is made of cement.

>tfw lived most of my life in a crappy thin wall apartment where you could hear every step of the neighbors upstairs
>heard the neighbors right on top of my room having sex in more than one occassion

Attached: aprubs.png (720x644, 46K)

why do you care
why do you make threads about something that will never affect you

cement doesn't insulate at all though and unlike you much of america needs that

t.McMansion resident

Look at this shit quality house, built probably during commie times, and how it's still standing after a massive tree fell on it.

Can you imagine what an American house would look after the same?

Attached: 22527154_d2687f384f45444e0cc25a21afee7e37_wm.jpg (727x545, 254K)

Pancake tier

Attached: BuckeyeTree_022217A.jpg (1024x576, 130K)

It's cheaper to just rebuild every so often than to build a sturdier structure.

Remember, the chances of one family holding on to any given house for generations is low. People usually move across the country tens of times in their lives.

It really triggers me when people write "off of"

>Wisconsin
That's as if I'd compare the US with Albania.

I thought we were the Finland of America, how are we Albania status?

We're full anyway

Let's face it, commieblocks were designed to quickly house hundreds of thousands of villagers who would be moved to the cities. The fact that they were shoddily built and bend a lot was a surprising benefit of their shit design

American housing undergoes cycles of urbanization and suburbanization. Building thousands of reinforced concrete structures that may or may not be filled, depending on the market's whims, is bad business and would wreck our environment even more than wooden suburbs.

lot more forests here, land is cheaper, wood is easier to insulate

but there is a lot of planned obsolescence, building code restrictions means you cant diy and will have to pay twice as much for a house that will last twice as long

>dude rebuilding a house 5 times without isolation is better than building it once

>dude having a jungle of deserted concrete houses is better than building temporary

You make it sound like it's impossible to demolish concrete houses

>spend hundreds of thousands building a quality home
>house next door sells to section 8 landlord
>family of blacks move in
>house next door on other side sells to section 8 landlord
>family of blacks move in
>multiple houses on street sell to section 8 landlord
>multiple black families move in
congratulations you now have an underwater mortgage
you cant understand america until you've been there and realize a lot of their odd customs and policies are to isolate themselves from blacks

Of cpurse nobody would buy your plywood McMansion when it's guaranteed to disassemble within 10 years. You act like Americans are locusts which collectively swarm to another city as soon as the current one turns to shit.

kek this is true. My family was on section 8 growing up and we'd always get denied residency over the phone. You'd have to go in person and let the landlord know you're white before they accept section 8

It's certainly more difficult. I might understand building with concrete in a city or smaller country, where the area is expected to be populated in 50 years, but that just isn't how it works here.

It is like that except we move from the city to suburbs and back again.

Houses built after ww2 are utter shit.

I live in an older (for the US) house built in 1905, so it was made back when housing construction actually valued quality.
I grew up in a generic suburban tract house built in 1980, quality was terrible.

compare price and size to western euro equivalent

Attached: Screenshot_20181014-092459_Firefox.jpg (1080x1139, 572K)

I can understand these builds in mild weather states. But why would you build this kind of stuff in snowy states or where there are earthquakes and hurricanes? It just seems like asking for trouble. I often think when you see the carnage of entire towns, even cities ripped apart by natural disasters there, all of the debris is timber. In a country where you're quite heavily reliant on private insurance, and private insurance doesn't cover national disasters, it seems logical to build things to last

As others have said in the west coast there are lots of earthquakes and wood's ability to flex helps it withstand those much better than brick or stone houses. I think a good quality built wood house can withstand a tornado, but not sure. In the midwest region there are tornadoes which will tear down brick, stone, or wood so using the cheapest material is advised for most people. You could maybe tornado proof a house by making it out of concrete which would be costly.

Some people have brick houses in hurricane and tornado prove areas, they get fucked up too.
>and private insurance doesn't cover national disasters
Some do

>german houses

Attached: Screenshot_20181210-005718_Firefox.jpg (1080x1377, 459K)

>posts modern art Landshaus in the most expensive region of Bavaria, the most expensive region in Germany

So that cops can shoot at the evil doers hiding behind walls, no cover for the wicked.

Pic related

Attached: mcmansion design.png (934x565, 1.05M)

chile isnt less of an earthquake country than west coast, stick your retarded plywood up your ass

Rent of a comparable house in Vienna would be at least 4000 Europebux per Month.
As for buying prices it's hard to tell because it is mostly driven by gamblers at this point (rental returns are in no sane proportion to property prices).

>A cinder block or brick house will kill everyone inside in a magnitude 6.5 earthquake.
Then look at how the japanese are doing it. They don't have paper card houses too. No one does except for you.

>soul patch
kek

the WTC collapsed because it was cheapshit amerimutt technology, the empire state building couldnt collapse that way, because it was built properly
new age americans blown the fuck out

Yes and ?

Attached: annonay.png (619x645, 684K)

Well that's a bit more comparable, 45 minutes away from downtown Lyon

Attached: régny-lyon.png (630x602, 602K)

>american houses are chea-

Attached: l'argentière.png (615x600, 583K)

>"""Brick"""

Now that's an experiment worth trying

Jet Fuel Can't Melt Steel Beams.

the wtc was designed by a japanese guy

based and redpilled
cringe and bluepilled

I doubt you can actually have stone houses in the US. I'm not sure they even have masons who know how to build them.

I bet there are hundreds of thousands of Mexicans in the US who could build a brick/stone houses

tons and tons in the east coast
massachusetts more speifically

>Implying they have the amount of commodity and are as large and recently built as
Plus this one is RIGHT WITHIN Houston. Uncomparable.

>HoustonAreas to Avoid. Generally, if you keep to yourself and use common sense,Houstonissafeto tour during the day and for events at night. That said, NorthHoustonand EastHoustonare best avoided, especially Acres Home and White Oak Terrace in the north.
Literally a no-go zone. And Americlaps keep fucking talking how european capitals are shitholes, like 90% of all american cities are shitholes

They are actually larger than the house he posted. Also, they are one or two centuries old.