When was the worst time period to live in your country?

When was the worst time period to live in your country?

If you were white it was probably during westward expansion, constantly being raided by natives and living in a lawless land.

Attached: 55EC3868-2803-46BD-A353-31A34159E467.jpg (1800x1200, 191K)

You could just stay in the city like the dude you are.

Civil War gets my vote but I feel like I could be overlooking something.

hoo boy

Absolute worst, probably during the Livonian War in the 1560s, when repeated Russian invasions killed like 50% of the population and left 2/3 of the country literally depopulated. They deliberately burned and killed everything they could get their hands on. The war lasted for about 25 years.

I’d argue the Great Depression, the people on the frontier at least had the hope of striking some riches or starting a new life and maybe a homestead, the Depression had none of that.
If you were a Southerner maybe.

>Russian invasions killed like 50% of the population and left 2/3 of the country literally depopulated
based

the reason for the repeated invasions was that you kept getting thrown out though.

hell, there are records of peasant gangs forming and burning Russian border towns to the ground in retaliation. your leaders were as grossly incompetent as ever.

Canada has been consistently pretty bearable throughout our entire history imo. Worst thing probably would've been being a lone trapper up in the northeast or an Injun dying of disease back in the 1600s.

being black in the Reconstruction era South

Probably during the 30 years war when. My state lost 75%of its population during the conflict with an average hovering around 30%for all German-speaking lands.

>If you were a Southerner maybe.
And I am, so good point desu but having your brothers and sons and friends (or yourself) killed in a war against other Americans would be pretty shitty.

1435-1445, 10 years of freak weather result in widespread hunger and full out war between nearly everyone.

All the time, forever.

Attached: 1494112217515.jpg (1024x934, 78K)

I live in Chicago and I am half black

Probably slavery, but I feel like I would be an educated house negro which was an easy albeit restrictive life all things considered.

>white american
Right fucking now.

PRAISE KEK AND RISE UP

as a normal person, probably by the ends of XIX century, capitalism was consolidated, tons of people migrating from rural areas to cities were they ended up living in miserable conditions, non-existent laws to protect workers, etc.

Attached: CONVENTILLO 7.jpg (1291x791, 319K)

surely you have a non-white ancestor, right?
Italian? Jewish? A Cherokee great (x100) grandmother?

You could just not go west
no one was forcing anyone to go homestead and get scalped by Comanche
Honestly as long as you were white and not dirt poor there's hardly been a period in US history where it's been unbearably awful, with the possible exception of the south during the civil war

>the possible exception of the south during the civil war
Pretty sure that's a definite exception, but I basically agree.

>italians aren't white
Go back to Jow Forums

Right now if you're white

>When was the worst time period to live in your country?
WW2

>When was the worst time period to live in your country?
2017-2018

Right now.

If you were native it was probably during westward expansion, constantly being raided by whites and living in a law enforced land

Attached: 92131928-5887-45AD-898A-5A8CD44A84E2.jpg (400x529, 108K)