One of the most naturally beautiful and resource-heavy areas in the world

>one of the most naturally beautiful and resource-heavy areas in the world
>barely anyone lives there
Yep... that’s gonna be a based from me.

Attached: 90C0B354-79B2-447A-9D95-D64CB87CE9FB.gif (800x406, 20K)

unironically grew up right there

If more people lived there it would no longer be one of the most naturally beautiful places, you dumb pig.

>resource-heavy areas
There's almost no fish in the lake and the land around is rather poor.

I read something about finding tons of metal in the Great Lakes that prove people sailed there for trade from Europe/Africa in 1,000 B.C.

Is it true or a hoax?

surrounded by rich forests and mining

I remember this, it seems that it's just one historian claiming that.

Retarded post
kys

>ywn be a French voyageur exploring the Great Lakes area for beaver furs and impregnating native women along the way

Attached: FAH_Voyageurs.jpg (640x325, 51K)

looks like some weird evil wh*tegoy caricature
>blue is the skin
>nose is the furthermost left tip
>Top lip underneath that
>bottom lip way further in the centre under that
>eye is that island on the left side
>weird mole for the right island.
>hair / eyebrow above eye

can you see it Jow Forums ?

>rich forests
Rich in what, wood ? How cool... Forests are generally the sign of the lack of large mammals, they're poor areas.

Plenty of fish, the land is also farm land, dumbest post I've seen today

Attached: lake-trout.jpg (1136x640, 115K)

We have copper mines up here

The Upper Peninsula is gorgeous but economically dead. Michigan Tech, Northern Uni, and Finlandia are the only things keeping their respective hometowns from dying and turning into ghost towns. I also can't help but feel bad that our useless state gov is trying to turn the whole region into an amusement park for outsiders. I don't know if the Yoopers want to have their entire economy based on tourism, but I do know that they'll regret it in the next recession.

Holy shit, I honestly had no idea trout could grow that big.

Lake trout live a long time, that one is probably over 20 years old.
King salmon can get that big in 4 years.

Attached: jewtlantis.png (800x406, 154K)

there's a lot of iron and copper
these gems too
there isn't tons of metal, but there is a rock carving of a sailing ship that's out of place
the soil is shit and it's a plant zone of 0 because of brutal winters, farming is just grass growing for hay

Attached: amethyst.jpg (1000x1000, 685K)

Attached: kek.jpg (480x360, 9K)

>Forests are generally the sign of the lack of large mammals

So this is the power of French education

kek, well done

>every cave must be mined
>every forest must be logged
>every fish must be fished
>every large animal must be hunted

Attached: brian let.png (183x275, 6K)

No sir, it's famous for being one of the less fishy lake on earth due to low level of nutrients.
Also the climate is too harsh to make the land a good farming area.

I've lived here for 36 years, but go ahead and tell me more about what you think.
It's been pretty funny so far.

Attached: US public land.jpg (748x493, 268K)

I'll give ya the low population density (for the most part) but I'd rather live on the Baltic Sea than the Great Lakes simply because of the area it provides for sailing. Also more interesting than a bunch of tiny midwest towns.

Attached: 22_yachting-kiel.jpg (1920x1440, 404K)

What is the point of this post?

Ayy you're almost as old as me.

Attached: 1535582458818.jpg (250x229, 10K)

My property borders some BLM land
That should be easy to get

Attached: HPIM4713.jpg (801x960, 400K)

I don't get it

He said that Americans exploit all of their lands which simply isn't true. That map only covers federal land, states also protect a shitton from the private sector.

>Lake Superior has fewer dissolved nutrients relative to its water volume than the other Great Lakes and so is less productive in terms of fish populations and is an oligotrophic lake. This is a result of the underdeveloped soils found in its relatively small watershed.

Also we have plenty of fishing and hunting regs, these guys don't mess around.
They catch you poaching and you're fucked.

Attached: dnr.jpg (665x997, 183K)

Don't worry China will take care of that

That would be news to all the fisherman and farmers here.

Attached: HPIM3408 - Copy.jpg (1167x900, 574K)

No, he was insulting the Frenchman for suggesting that all land must be logged, fished, mined, and hunted.
That said, logging, fishing, hunting, and in some cases mining, are all allowed on most public land in the U.S.
Federal public land is great but don't trust states to protect public land, they have a terrible track record.

You have to take into account that very few people live on the lake itself and nowhere near enough to exhaust the fish in the lake.

Attached: france vs great lakes.png (1279x701, 161K)

>whoa they left the fucking desert alone!

Attached: 1543157869059.png (211x239, 9K)

At this point I automatically think a euro flag is shitting on the US. But yes, public lands are used for logging and hunting, you don't see mining as much as you used to. Even then, tags are required for hunting so it's not like you can go out and kill as much as you want, and logging is good for the forests if it's in select cuts.

There are cities bigger in population than entire baltic countries on the great lakes, the fuck you talking about

How can someone help?

it does get cucked by hudson's bay and gulf of mexico

Attached: lsw.jpg (2048x1582, 230K)

Michigan Tech Research Institute says that particularly Huron and Michigan "could become ecological deserts from a fishing standpoint. The food web could totally collapse because you don't have the various organisms you need to sustain it."

Of course the great lakes still have fisheries (around $7 billion worth of them) but they are mostly getting worse and are in danger of collapsing.

>Idaho
>wyoming
>Colorado
>Washington
>sierra Nevadas and Northern California
>oregon

>desert

Attached: Selway-Crags-Bitterroot-Wilderness-Idaho.jpg (1368x912, 338K)

>American education

Dont (you) me again or I'll eat your ass for desert

stay on your side of the county e*stoid

big lel

>mfw live on the west coast but know how thin skinned you all are

Attached: 1.jpg (470x595, 201K)

It’s actually illegal to commercially fish in the Great Lakes, unless you live on a reservation.

Attached: 1539804788585.jpg (720x540, 25K)

I'm not angry user, it's just fun to correct people when they're wrong.

Lake Superior has very pure copper. The claim is that archeological findings of very pure copper must have come from Lake Superior, since the appropriate technology for refining copper to that level only dates to the industrial era.
There were supposedly very pure copper artifacts found in the Egyptian pyramids, as well as tobacco and coca. If true, that would suggest contact between mesoamerica and the old world. (Trading networks _inside_ America are well documented and uncontroversial - it's the overseas trade that is sketchy.)

Meh, it’s better that way. We already use a ton of land down here and the result is mass water pollution. Let the UP stay relatively untouched, it’s better for everyone (though I do think wind farming there might be worth considering).

No it isn't

Since 2000, basin-wide commercial harvests have hovered near 50 million round pounds.3

Lake Erie currently supports the largest commercial fishery in the Great Lakes. Walleye and yellow perch are the most harvested species, and the bulk of the Lake Erie catch is from Canadian waters.
Lake Ontario has the smallest commercial fishery. Harvested species include yellow perch, lake whitefish, bullhead, and Amercian eel.
Lakes Huron, Michigan, and Superior each maintain commercial fisheries for lake whitefish, lake trout, and chub. Other targeted species include:
Lake Superior: lake herring, smelt
Lake Huron: channel catfish, carp, Pacific salmon, yellow perch, and walleye,
Lake Michigan: smelt, yellow perch

You just made this up, why?

Maybe he got it mixed up with regular fishing rules.
If I go catch a trout today and sell it, that would be illegal with my regular license

Hopefully more efforts in conservation will be undertaken by the Whitmer administration. I had two guys fucking honking at me yesterday for stopping for a set of does.

Like most states Michigan is in trouble for conservation. The bulk of the DNR budget comes from hunters, fisherman, and Pittman-Robertson money.
Hunting numbers are declining fast across the country and that hurts conservation efforts a lot. Gun control is eventually coming to the U.S. and that will hurt Pittman-Robertson funding. Overall Michigan, and most other states, need to find additional revenue streams to fund conservation because the traditional extractive-user funded model is shrinkin.

>Gun control is eventually coming to the U.S. an-
SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

Politics aside, every decade more and more states enact more and more legislation that limits gun ownership, all of this has an impact on Pittman-Robertson funds.

>Politics aside, politics

Attached: 1523985729806.jpg (936x853, 115K)

Your guns will be ours soon

Attached: Illustrated_Guide_To_Gun_Control.png (750x3200, 204K)

I want Republicans like Reagan did to support gun control again :(

Nigga ain't nobody reading that also i don't have guns

Goes to show what view Americans have of their civic liberties and responsibilities if they're comparing gun rights to cake.

The constitution is a political document, the amendments (rights included) are ratified by politicians, and it's interpreted by politically appointed judges.

This is retarded.

Reagan didn’t support gun control, Brady (the guy who took a bullet for him) did.

Yeah, no shit
How fucking stupid are you?

Even nuclear weapons start with yellow cake

you dont need a gun unless its to protect yourself from wolves and bears

the fact your only justification is legal, and based on a flawed over 200 year old document, says it all

>native women
>muh goblinas
that's bestiality actually, indians are disgusting, revolting subhuman midgets, they stink, they have a disgusting leathery skin, I would rather fuck white men than go near those disgusting abominations with any other intention than to SLAUGHTER them

you could live next to the ocean and get infinite fish. Beat a living in the middle of landlocked no where, 10 hour drive to the nearest large city

Studies show that bear spray (pepper spray) is more effective than firearms. A US Fish & Wildlife Service study said that 50% of people who used a gun in a bear attack got injured. Bear spray by contrast results in far fewer injuries, less severe injuries, and shorter attacks.

>resource-heavy
i.e. future toxic wasteland

>this was a cake all along

Attached: 006F920A-E44D-4F77-93EB-372C887054C9.jpg (1000x1000, 91K)

Holy fuck you're dumb

Mid-Michiganfag here. Fucking hate this state, but I'll admit the north is very beautiful.

invite me to your wedding so I can slaughter your disgusting mongrel kind and vomit on your corpses
you people are DISGUSTING
YOU ARE UGLY AND YOU SHOULD BE DEAD!!!!!

Attached: native-american-woman-disgusting-revolting-subhuman-pigrat.jpg (600x821, 89K)

I'm not the Canadian that said he wants to marry an Indian but literally everything you said was wrong.

Are all Hungarians as autistic as you?

>barely anyone lives there
All those refugees from Latin America that we don't know what to do with? Settle them here.

No only the women. Maria is welcome but jose can stay in texas and california

no just hungarist kids

Attached: lolpronos.jpg (800x450, 38K)