Metro 2033 movie adaptation has been cancelled because americans wanted to move the plot from Russia to America and...

Metro 2033 movie adaptation has been cancelled because americans wanted to move the plot from Russia to America and change the Dark Ones into some random non-humanoid monsters because they were afraid that black humanoids might be racist
Glukhovsky said that this is cringe and bluepilled and refused

Attached: 1518305570366.png (420x420, 127K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vg247.com/2018/12/10/metro-2033-film-cancelled/
youtube.com/watch?v=VUznviXV-U8
gamesindustry.biz/articles/2012-08-13-what-european-developers-need-to-know-about-american-online-gamers
nydailynews.com/new-york/n-man-pcp-busted-masturbating-van-lincoln-tunnel-article-1.3159660
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>movie adaptation of game
Hope this never appears

>Metro 2033
>game
Valodia, blyad...

What did you poles do when netflix decided to start fucking up the witcher tv series ?

They started shitposting /tv/

It was originally a book.

>blacks
>non-humanoid monsters
user, you are repeating yourself

>2033
>in America
What the fuck were they smoking?

Nobody cares about books anyway. For most people, this will be an adaptation of the game.

Blacks are humanoid in shape.

Fucking BASED

source or fake

Fuck off.

They have a nigger and an indian alredy in the cast ....

Attached: the-witcher-cast-netflix.png (1000x455, 161K)

vg247.com/2018/12/10/metro-2033-film-cancelled/

Isn't that cultural appropriation? lmao

>they were afraid that black humanoids might be racist
There's actually a bit in the second book where Hunter gets hard PTSD from looking at a negro and murders him because he reminded him of Dark Ones.

>Isn't that cultural appropriation? lmao
Is it cult appropriation? It's just a recent book, not a tradition. Do people call cult appropriation for recent stuff too?

Based americans. Russians are cancer

B+R

Wait a minute... are you telling me that Hollywood executives are fucking retarded and wanted to make a cool thing mediocre? That's amazing.

What a bunch of fucking retards. Metro is interesting BECAUSE its set in russia. We have seen american apocalypse a million times dont people ask themselves “what about the rest of the world“. And the dark ones arent actually evil, why the fuck would you make them non humanoid.

nice

so, are you mad because glukhovsky refused, or because the wanted to make those changes?

>And the dark ones arent actually evil, why the fuck would you make them non humanoid.

things have to be simple and manichean for American people, and the bad guy must not be American either (except if the good guys are Americans too)

glukhovsky is based and cares about his franchise
americans are retards

>move the plot from Russia to America

Good. Fuck the USA.

Attached: download_3.jpg (600x563, 41K)

How did they want to portray the hypnotizing stars of the Kremlin?

Pretty sure you retards are missing the point. It's supposed to be tragic, not neo-nazi propaganda.

>because americans wanted to move the plot to America
Why do they keep doing this? The Ring, Oldboy, The Visitors.
Are burgers incapable of identifying with anyone else than themselves?

Blacks are humanoid monsters but humanoid nonetheless.

Visually it would have sucked as well, American subway systems already look like shit. At least the Moscow metro gives some contrast when it's all dilapidated.

This

Haha epic! You wouldn't say that in public, freedom of speech is so fun online! :^)

They should have changed Black Ones to the Fat Ones.

fuck this soy metro shit, I'm still waiting for good STALKER movie

There already is one.

You'll just have to settle for STALKER 2.

if true that's a good thing, not bad, setting it in america would be fucking retarded

Tarkovsky one is shit though, he went too far with his muh human nature thing. I just want some action tv-series based on games

What would they name the main character? Artie?

1. Tarkovsky is very good.
2. I agree that a series or a movie based on the game would nuke ass.

isnt the second book shit? I only read the first one

Tbqh all action movies suck even when they're not based on games, games are just a better medium for action-based entertainment.

Artillery

To be honest, NYC Subway look like apocalypse already happened, so they could save some money on decorations.

Hello WoT player.

>Metro 2033 movie adaptation has been cancelled
thank fuck
don't need another horrible movie adaptation from stupid burgers

Are the books good?

probably is but lets face it all of us here just played and liked the videogame, and maybe 2 autists found an audiobook on youtube but that's it

I read it in the original. This is written for Muscovites who ride this metro every day and see the details described in the book.
Names of stations, transitions, areas, location of these stations

Yeah, no, not really. You might enjoy the first book though, but the rest of them are boring and/or trash IMO. You can add to this for you possible cultural gap needed to be interested in this universe. But don't let my advice to discourage you, user.

why do americans do this

Attached: 1544544113036.png (739x1748, 275K)

I never played the game though.

Read "Roadside Picnic".

lol no
the books are well known sci-fi here

they are very good and game is much different
in the game you massacre mutants everywhere, while in the book Artyom killed only like 2 mutants in total, and when he briefly went to the surface he nearly got hunted

Oh no.
>Resident evil
>Many shitty movies loosely based on GTA.

Man, fuck action movie garbage.
These things legit make me feel bad in my soul.
Even the violence doesn't make sense and is unreal.

The first book is good.

That's a very cruel joke, am sad now

To fully understand Metro books, at least first two of them, you need come to Moscow and actually ride the Metro yourself.

Attached: IMG_20180308_124038.jpg (3120x4160, 3.3M)

>“A lot of things didn’t work out in Washington DC,” Glukhovsky explains. “In Washington DC, Nazis don’t work, Communists don’t work at all, and the Dark Ones don’t work. Washington DC is a black city basically. That’s not at all the allusion I want to have, it’s a metaphor of general xenophobia but it’s not a comment on African Americans at all. So it didn’t work.

>“They had to replace the Dark Ones with some kind of random beasts and as long as the beasts don’t look human, the entire story of xenophobia doesn’t work which was very important to me as a convinced internationalist. They turned it into a very generic thing.

>“They’re kind of afraid of setting it in Moscow because Americans have a reputation for liking stories about America. Again, with Metro Last Light and Metro 2033 – the books and the games – selling millions and millions of copies worldwide, it’s probably not as improbable now that people would accept a story happening in Moscow because that’s going to be the unique selling point. We’ve seen the American version of apocalypse a lot of times and the audience that like the genre are educated and saturated and not really wishing to get anymore of that.”

God I hate america

Attached: 1473915974060.jpg (1280x825, 191K)

Is that the station near a space museum? I think my pen-pal mentioned it and (in my mind) was fanboying about VDNKh.

Presumably something they got in Japan

Attached: all these characters are german.jpg (1200x600, 82K)

Americans only seemed to find apocalypse settings believable when an American landmark gets destroyed. Independence Day did it with the White House, Cloverfield did the Statue of Liberty and I'm pretty sure a film blew up Mt Rushmore.

Seeing people struggling to live in a Russian setting would probably be considered "so what?" by American audiences. Even if they did destroy the Kremlin just for cinematics, too many would be like wtf is that?

youtube.com/watch?v=VUznviXV-U8
This movie was set in Moscow even if it got Americ*nated. It earned $70 million on $40 million budget.
Idk what the concern is. Russia is a hot property right now. A lot of Americans are interested in it since the president totally isn't in league with them.

He is right.

>"They had to replace the Dark Ones with some kind of random beasts and as long as the beasts don’t look human, the entire story of xenophobia doesn’t work which was very important to me as a convinced internationalist. They turned it into a very generic thing."

What kind of movie would take 15 years to be made haha.

>Americans travel to Moscow
Yeah Americans love seeing an all-American hero going around saving other countries.

It's not that American's hate seeing movies that aren't set in America, they just don't give a shit when America isn't involved in it at all.

Fuck burgers desu

gamesindustry.biz/articles/2012-08-13-what-european-developers-need-to-know-about-american-online-gamers

as long as the girls are cute i don't see an issue

So why not just add some American character who was an expat in Russia and got stuck in the metro? It's obvious Americans want it in America so they don't have to mention Russia or portray Russians as heroes.
It's Americans being classical xenophobic idiots, thank God it's cancelled.

I dunno, maybe even just having an American character who isn't the protagonist still wouldn't be enough.

If I was being really cynical, I'd say the American media have no interest in depicting Russians sympathetically or even as just humans without there being an over-arching story about how America is inevitably saving them out of the goodness of their hearts.

Why do we have to make everything? Make something for once slav shits.

Attached: 1280px-09.16_「第四屆國家文化資產保存獎」頒獎典禮,由「排灣原音」表演節 (1280x853, 171K)

Where else do you think would be nuked?

Literally any other nuclear state.

>The Ring
That was just a remake of another movie. What's the point of making the same movie over and having it be the same?

We have Russians. Infact NYC has a lot of Jewish ones, non-Jewish ones and Ukranians (mostly catholic).

Agreed. MTA couldn't maintain anything of their life depended on it. Some of the newer stations are nice like the transit hub but they'll fuck it up. We also have mole people in the tunnels.
t.NYC

It's not like Russia couldn't produce it, no need for the burgers to be involved

>They had to replace the Dark Ones with some kind of random beasts and as long as the beasts don’t look human, the entire story of xenophobia doesn’t work which was very important to me as a convinced internationalist. They turned it into a very generic thing.
It definitely would. Watch the TV series wayward pines its basically the same shit including us killing the post apocolyptic humanoids at first and creating a problem. Actually I probably just spoiled the show.

>mole people in the tunnels
I watched a documentary about this, it's amazing that you have an entire tribe of underground hobos
also missed quints by one

>They’re kind of afraid of setting it in Moscow because Americans have a reputation for liking stories about America
Or you could just try making the best possible Metro movie and see how it works out. Fucking soulless, risk-averse corporate drones.

If it couldn't be set in russia then why not set it in the UK and not the US? American metro systems are boring and uninteresting and the only one that isn't (NYC) looks like shit and is only interesting because of the kinds of people that use it.

Well your average person didnt but the train operators and people who work in the tunnels knew about them. Apparently they steal power for light and other appliances.

>Dark Ones into some random non-humanoid monsters

you mean they casted americans for their roles

i don't know, let's try a remake of black panther with only white people and we will see
i already have the story, we make it happen somewhere in scandinavia and we call it "aryan wolf"

Really? I thought that was a well-known thing in NYC, like some cool and scary urban legend that people tell each other, but I guess being such a big city there's a lot more fucked up and more immediate shit that happens around there.

>giving anything to americans

Why? Wasn’t death note, ghost in the shell and Witcher enough? Mutts are too retarded to handle complex characters and stories.. give them some crappy boom boom action movie or a retarded “comedy” with a bunch of sjw women and niggers and they’d be happy

This is why we can't have things like this, idiots will think it's some racist shit, and either like it or dislike it because of that. Everything has to be very obvious nowadays, because every single idiot on the planet has access to the internet where they can voice their stupid opinions.

Well maybe Russians should make the movie. The world needs to stop relying on the hollyjews for entertainment and art.

It's more known now but I dont think everyone is aware of them. We actually for the population don't have much fucked up shit but you see weirdos every day and shit like this happens.

nydailynews.com/new-york/n-man-pcp-busted-masturbating-van-lincoln-tunnel-article-1.3159660

They did the same with I Am Legend.
Book: Los Angeles, white character, vampires can pass by normal people and their vampirism resembles a psychological condition.
Film: New York, black character, vampires are literally vampires.

Based. The last thing we need are more garbage flicks based on toy franchises

Metro 2033 was good but this is the best book by Glukhovsky

Attached: 619098-352x500.jpg (352x500, 70K)

>that feel when third world
found the news elsewhere, glad he was just jerking off in the middle of a tunnel and not macheting some random dude on the street

Attached: daily_news.png (1361x698, 58K)

is the book good and worth reading?

needs to be processed and filled with industrial grade shit
like anything that enters usa
prepare your anus for a cheap copy, bet it'll be called subway 2043, screencap this