/dixie/ Southern US & Friends

GARLIC edition

Attached: 04_space_teriyaki.jpg (600x850, 243K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nationalreview.com/news/catholic-church-sex-abuse-scandal-continues-cardinal-george-pell-convicted/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Attached: harlandfeedingGod.gif (500x375, 569K)

Praise Garlic

Attached: Confrérie de l'ail.jpg (640x853, 151K)

give me ideas please

Attached: dixq.png (661x716, 39K)

suicide

change that flag in the third row to the dixie flag though

give me good ideas please*

>changing the flag to a dixie flag isn't a good idea

good morning yall

Attached: coffee2.gif (320x240, 500K)

Attached: dixkey.png (661x716, 50K)

>catch a cold
>come home from work half hour ago
>thinking about eating a clove of garlic
>open Jow Forums
>see garlic in catalog
>click
thanks for reading my blog

whenever you feel like you might get sick just straight up 2 two pieces of garlic (it will taste really bitter) and drink some honey herb tea
fixes you right up

hope you get better soon

well it's too late now, gonna eat coldrex for a couple of days I think
might buy a lemon for tea
thank you

get some mint too for the tea
really helps you breathe correctly and freshens you right up

So you gonna eat some garlic ?
Here's French garlic sausage

Attached: Saucisson à l'ail.jpg (1280x853, 240K)

I will definitely keep that in mind, as I usually just buy normal black tea. Haven't thought to stock on herbal teas.
Yeah, probably, after I eat my pelmeni with smetana.
>garlic sausage
Never heard of that before

Howdie

this looks like some kind of summer sausage. like you would put it on a snack tray.

we just got in figs at the store and I'm kind of pissed it took this late in the season to get them. Mission Figs. Why doesn't the south grow them?? fuckin yanks controlling the shipping distributions I bet.

Attached: sausages.jpg (948x711, 74K)

>Yeah, probably, after I eat my pelmeni with smetana.

Are you ethnic Russian or is it just common for everybody in your country to eat this
Looks pretty good too

Garlic sausage is axactly what it looks and sounds like
Pork seasonned with a mix of egg white, salt, pepper, various spices, and fresh garlic
You don't need to cook it, it's eaten plain with bread like a ham or something

I reckon you'd like it if you like garlic. We're not the only country to produce it I think

Yes it fits snack trays, but to be fair all charcuterie do
Maybe not foie gras, it deserves all the attention when in its presence

I don't eat much fig, except in jams and chutney
It's alright in some stews too
Ever put bits of apple in a stew ? Goes damn well with guineafowl meat. Grapes too

>I reckon you'd like it if you like garlic. We're not the only country to produce it I think
Yeah, I like garlic sauce and garlic bread
>Are you ethnic Russian or is it just common for everybody in your country to eat this
Nah I'm Lithuanian (there is Russian blood though), it's pretty normal food here although I like it quite more than everybody else. We just called it koldūnai

I like this. Wish I could give you some ideas for those empty bubbles tho.

Attached: 1521153515629.jpg (657x527, 38K)

>foie gras,
never had that.

>I don't eat much fig
They grow easily in MS. One always end up knowing someone in the family with fruit trees, then your mom & dad conscripts you to go pick fruit for them cause they wanna make jam or some shit... all you get is to eat the fruit as you picked it. I've picked my share of figs and if I recall correct their sap is very acidic and will eat through your fingers after a few hours of picking if you don't wear gloves.

I've spent the day picking:
>blackberries
>blueberries
>figs
>pears

pears are the worst cause they also attract hornets and bees

got one for the second pane
>all gays are adulterers

Attached: 3 (31).png (514x359, 175K)

already suggested an argument between leet ancap jeffersonians and fascists but he's playing skullgirls now

>never had that.

Probably expensive as fuck and hard to choose the right product in the USA, I guess you'd have to come in France or review your findings with someone who knows his stuff before buying one in the USA

But I see no reason you wouldn't like it

I've spent the day picking nothing because it's 19°F outside and forecasted 6°F during the night so idk if any fruits are gonna survive
There are probably plenty berries to be found in warmer times though, the woods around look rather healthy

Used to collect raspberries at my grandma's during winter but it never was this cold

ate half bulb of garlic so far (about 4-5 cloves)
AMA

Did ya eat it raw ?

is Oklahoma a part of the South?

you eat it raw for peak health performance
it tastes nasty though

Yeah I don't know if I could, probably but shan't
I eat raw onions sometimes though
Also during camping time, wrapped in tin foil over the fire is noice

Of course
It's old and sprouted too, burning sensation

You gf won't like it

>Probably expensive as fuck and hard to choose the right product in the USA
I've been to a few french restaurants here that were staffed by your brothers.. it was pricey.

Eh I haven't moved to her country yet so it's fine

Uh right I always forget about French restaurants
Would actually like to go to French restaurants abroad a few times to see what it's like

I recall I went one time and the woman at the front desk asked me if I had a reservation. I said no and she about 'clutched her pearls' in shock and disgust. They sat us at an outdoor table. All the food was good though. very high service.

What did you have

I think I stared with lobster bisque and main course was grilled duck breast. fresh bread was there. probably espresso or coffee at the end.

Gud

>god: 5 fingers
>buddha: 4 fingers

what did Matt Groening mean by this

There are some surprisingly good restaurants in places you wouldn't suspect here. To my surprise so far, Oklahoma City has better steakhouses than Austin. not sure whats going on with this since Austin is supposed to have great steak. So far its just.. ok.

Attached: Hanger steak.jpg (600x400, 230K)

>since Austin is supposed to have great steak.
texas has great steakhouses but they're overshadowed by the shitty ones that spring up to take advantage of tourists who don't know any better

God listens to Five Finger Death Punch

>texas has great steakhouses
I'm sure I just need to do a steak tour. I think Austin is just shit tier in comparison to the rest of the state. I doubt I'd have the same issue in Dallas or Houston. The BBQ is on point everywhere in the state though. Lotta dive places with GREAT bbq.

you can still find good food in austin but it's full of yanks and californians and they just eat whatever they think is "authentic texican cuisine"

Attached: 1536427102638.jpg (499x390, 45K)

What are some of your recommended Austin Restaurants? I'll go check them out.

So far, the yank and CA are the worst because they are obsessed with shitty fusion. Everything is shitty fusion food. Mexican and Thia (not kidding), TexMex with vegan tapas. Tacos are just okey. I've prolly been to like 25-30 restaurants in the area and surrounding subs. Closer you get to the city the worse it gets. Maybe its just their beef distribution source? All the beef has an awful lot of sinews.

fuck, i don't know. i lived in dallas and left a decade ago. why are you in austin?

>all the beef has an awful lot of sinews
because they aren't getting real prime grade beef. the shitty ones just get choice i think

>i lived in dallas and left a decade ago
any Dallas restaurants you would recommend?
>why are you in Austin
Work.
>because they aren't getting real prime grade beef.
I don't even mind paying more for better cuts but thats not even an option apparently.

open a discord already

Attached: 1510926739418.png (568x548, 79K)

sorry, this is an IRC-only boomer general

Haha no

dumb hicks

Attached: 1543988626613.jpg (1200x900, 155K)

A member of the Nashville city council has proposed renaming Nashville International Airport "Oprah G. Winfrey International Airport"
thoughts?

we already have one

we were poor when i lived in texas so the fanciest place i ate at was texas roadhouse. you could try near the forth worth stockyards

>that's not an option
try looking for a non-franchise steakhouse with good reviews

give link

no

wtf

>we already have one
Wat

why? isn't she from chicago?
why don't they just name it after Alexander Looby

yep
it's so sooper sekrit that no one knows about it

>we already have one
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>try looking for a non-franchise steakhouse with good reviews
Thats usually what I do, too. I like quality food so I almost never go to a chain unless someone I know is dragging me there and I don't wanna be rude. I really don't like chains. I'll keep looking though. That's all I can do.
>try near the forth worth stockyards
I'll try and do that.

Bet it's just you Conwegians talking dirt on us commoners

Attached: 1538587215827.jpg (600x600, 124K)

boat what's your honest opinion on this

Attached: >.png (1200x2043, 2.57M)

it would just be me and plantman, i haven't talked to faulkner in months

hot

Attached: <.png (1200x2791, 3.83M)

Desist from this smut, Mack'n

Attached: papal posse.webm (640x360, 1.43M)

Attached: 1477033735090.jpg (1080x1920, 148K)

>shadman

Attached: shady.gif (512x384, 1.35M)

I really like this... this is how it is too. Look at her flee!

good morning family, lets get this bread

Gimme cajun gf

reminds me I need to read the orthodox doctrine. Keep dragging my ass on that.

Attached: StGeorge.jpg (799x478, 162K)

become catholic

Isn't there a very few catholics in south?

>finns

Attached: 09194817.png (278x434, 61K)

Attached: 1538024010563.png (860x986, 1.21M)

no

Ungood

I don't want to belong to a church that accepts homosexuality. I think the Orthodox Church still considered it unacceptable. A church should not change with the times to get more members.

Attached: pope.png (733x601, 76K)

>a church that accepts homosexuality
the catholic church doesn't accept homosexuality. it's always maintained that the act of homosexuality is a sin, which is the same position that the orthodox church takes

>one priest
wow, i guess the Church is #btfo now

wow a jesuit said some nonsense again that means it's str8 from the catechism huh
btw "indicated support" is meaningless

i fucking hate jesuits

Based Father Ted poster

the greeks invented gayness

hey did I miss anything

hinds falling for Jow Forums propaganda

Mislike the Romans

Attached: 1519262295206.jpg (240x202, 12K)

poor old boomer

nationalreview.com/news/catholic-church-sex-abuse-scandal-continues-cardinal-george-pell-convicted/

whiter than you ukr*inian

Nou

Attached: 1536268051470.jpg (276x305, 18K)

Attached: 1542224519128.webm (1280x720, 2.43M)

Attached: 1524098997757.gif (400x600, 256K)

There is just too much going on there for me to even CONSIDER joining. Pic related but also the climate global warming shit Francis has been on about and the sex abuse with kids. To be quite honest, I want to have kids one day and raise them someplace where decent people go to church. That's really important to me.

I have no clue what Jow Forums is doing. I haven't been there in a long time.

Attached: pope2.png (754x564, 70K)