I'm going to Istanbul by myself in a few months

I'm going to Istanbul by myself in a few months.

What am I in for?

Attached: 20170128_BKP004_0.jpg (595x335, 71K)

swordfights

Ya know, Jow Forums(nel) does has a /trv/ board for these types of questions.

i doubt any turks lurk in there

Okay but people who have been there can still tell you what it's like. It's not like you're gonna live there.

Go to Ortaköy and take the 2 hour bosphorus tour there, user. I hope you'll like it.

Attached: IMG_20181117_135949.jpg (5120x3840, 2.92M)

I'm actually a Turk but I haven't been there since I was a little kid. (Over 30 now)

I've been there. Booked a hotel online, but when I arrived they said it was full and drove me to another location which looked far cheaper but had the same price. A few nights later somebody came into my room while I was asleep and took money and camera. The hotel was obviously involved in this crime, but police of course did nothing.
tldr book a good hotel and watch your shit

Also don't think it's warm just because it's Turkey. It can be fucking cold there.

What are your thoughts on airbnbs? Do you think if they are a superhost it should be all good?

I'm not staying at a hotel. Airbnb. Hosts have ratings so they're pretty much guaranteed to be decent. Also I won't look like a tourist so that won't be a problem.

I don't know too much about that stuff.

All airbnb's I've stayed at have been good. Doesn't have to be a superhost.

Can you speak Turkish fluently

If you want to stay safe go to Holiday Inn or hotels where they hold meetings. Usually nothing strange happens there

Actually Airbnb is not legal here. booking.com is banned also. An hotel would be better. However there are plenty of tourists using airbnb nowadays.

Yeah, but my vocabulary is not very large. Just the Turkish that was spoken at home etc.

Why did your family go to Australia?

Kangaroo Kebab

When is your trip? How long are you staying? Visiting family or by yourself?

i just had a look, it's legal but the hosts have to register a business and pay taxes or someshit.

I don't know. But I'm glad that they did because Australia is the best country on earth.

soon, I don't know maybe a month or 2, just by myself. I have family there but I'm not going to tell them I'm going, because I want to be alone. but I might show up at their door randomly if I feel like it.

Istanbul can be either heaven or hell regarding where you are. The weather is pretty cold, so prepare for that. When exchanging money look for Western Union places because they can be trusted.

Expect a lot of street artists as well as horrible traffic. Best and cheapest way for a foreigner to get around is the metro. You might also want to watch out when visiting bazaars, because when the people realize that you're a foreigner some people might try to scam you

lube your ass just in case
should be cheap and will save you a world of pain

Avoid Fatih aka Constantinople after visiting Hagia Sophia and Blue Mosque, it is infectious as it gets. Stick to Beşiktaş and Şişli. If you don't like crowded places, cancel your plans and tickets if you already bought them.

I'd go to Valletta instead

>Beşiktaş/Şişli
You misspelled Kadıköy my kardeş.

Right, taking a ferry to Kadıköy visiting it also. And leaving the city in 3 days max would be the most logical thing. Having a lung cancer is a preferable thing compared to spending a long time in İstanbul

Attached: Mestan suspicous.jpg (467x350, 14K)

Yeah, Besiktas looks pretty good. I'll probably stay there.

But, say I'm bored and just go wandering around minding my own business, what are the chances of people coming up to me and starting trouble?

Beşiktaş/Şişli/Kadıköy/Beyoğlu nobody would do that. Fatih would be different, tho.

Zero, this isn't Paris or Berlin and its literally not dangerous to visit Turkey (except the east)

If you can, visit Trabzon, Izmir or Antalya, those are the real gems of turkey

I want a Turkish shave and I want to eat a nice kebab

If you don't like crowded places, trying to walk without hitting people would be enough of a trouble for you. Also "buyrun" guys talking to you and trying to sell stuff would be a big headache. As long as you avoid ghettos nobody would fight you or sth though, just headache.

row upon row of crappy modern housing with a spectacular mosque every now and then (visit as many as you can, they have great ambience), a charming wooden old town in Fatih, and a 19th century European town in Beyoglu (be sure to visit Istiklal).

stay away from syrians

>visit as many as you can, they have great ambience

I'm afraid someone will talk to me about religion, I don't know shit about it. I guess I'll pretend to be a tourist around mosques. lol

>haha guys i'm not muslim pls like me pls i'll suck your dick
fucking diaspora cancer you're a disgrace

Nobody would ever talk about religion with you unless you want it, user.
Just fuck off you ar*b.

lol. You think I give a fuck about anyone liking me on an anonymous board you fucking arab cunt?

My family are old communists/alevi so we were never religious, even before we left Turkey.

we will give t*rkey to kurds when we're done invading it by syrians
you're cucks

What the fuck is Iraq anyway it's literally a non country. Americas cum rag. How many americans bent your sister over? did you keep count you fucking cuck

your alevi kind is already half extinct or converted to s*nnis and you're walking around saying you're not religious
atleast learn the basics and pass them over without practicing
please stop i'm about to puke

based
cringe

You can fuck off too, leeching k*Rd.

>people leave Islam to suck up to westerns

Muslims truly are delusional

alıcaz ülkenizi elinizden kalleş t*rk piçi

Attached: (1.png (436x317, 313K)

> alevi converting to sunni
thingsthatdonthappen.bmp

if i had a sister then having her gang raped by a pack of Jewish american niggers while i watch is less disgusting than your earlier post
i am in physical pain because of your cuckoldry

what about my earlier post? I just said that I wouldn't want to run into a cock sucker like yourself that'd get assblasted because I don't give a shit about religion/god. Is that why you're triggered?

>guys i don't give a shit about religion teehee
>if someone asked me to recite quran in the street i'll just pretend to be a tourist like you, you know i'm just like you, i fit right? pls like me ;_;

Attached: (you).jpg (540x720, 57K)

shut the fuck up and go pray to allah you stupid terrorist

>i'm just like you, i fit right? pls like me
that's all in your head m8. I literally couldn't give a shit what anyone on 4chin thinks of me. If you haven't noticed we're all fucking anonymous. so there isn't even a "me" here. BTW if you haven't noticed I'm trying to talk to other Turks here. I think this site isn't for you, you've obviously have a need to fit in here, that's not gona happen. go to reddit or something. fucking faggot

Just fuck off to your cave and take your all*h and muho with you.

I had a fantastic time staying in a hostel there making friends, i love this city

Attached: 6d17458173cc8d52776fd5ceca9ac346.jpg (2480x3507, 2.05M)

that's my pride you dumb jew
>g-go to reddit
classic diawhora
erdogan will forcefully uncuck you fag

he burned your ass good lol, u guys MAD :DDD

you sound like you belong on reddit with all this needing to fit in shit fucking feminine arab, bet you're a faggot too

you're the one with the need to fit in faggot
i'm 1 manning a horde of degenerates and cucks like my grandpa ali bin abu talib

@98670639
Here's your (you) that you were searching for, k*Rd.

haha looks like being spitroasted by Israel and america really fucked you up. you have some fucking mental issues.

fuck your faggot grandpa too, Iraq has always been somebodys bitch. Persia, Mongols, Turks and now Israel.

I think you should neck yourself asap