Is Europe still being Americanised or has the process stopped?

Is Europe still being Americanised or has the process stopped?

Honestly definitely noticed a slow-down here.

Attached: american suicide.png (1021x914, 366K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dw.com/en/germans-and-americans-worlds-apart-in-view-of-relations/a-46461585
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khalid_El-Masri
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Dislike for America has increased a lot since the start of the War on Terror with Trump just making it worse but American cultural dominance is still fact.

Could you imagine being the guy who's job it was to lead them up the flight of stairs of a huge building at get them to jump off? Can you imagine the impact? I know how terrible it is but it's the first thing that came to mind.

Trump just killed off the admiration most Europeans had for the USA, before all you heard was big houses, big cars, hot chicks and the American way of life. Now European view Americans as far racist retarded religious Mormon rednecks with guns who hate Mexicans have guns and hang a confederate flag on their lawn.

I can't help but notice the antiamerican bullshit of this board

Germany, France, Scandinavia and some smaller nations are pretty anti-American. The UK worships the ground you walk on and eastern Europe is pretty thankful for NATO and US influence. You shouldn't form any kind of image via this website though since the people here are not normal.

Among European right wingers and conservatives there used to be a very strong current of Transatlanticism enduring from the legacy of the cold war that used to admire certain American principles and supported strong ties to the US but since the Iraq invasion and the NSA scandals this is has cooled down a lot and Trump basically gave destroyed what was left of it with prominent Transatlanticists having lost total credibility and more and more voices openly questioning our alignment and alliance with the US. You can observe this by just looking at what kind of language is used. Thirty years ago it was 'friends' which turned into 'allies' and now it's just 'partners'.

I don't know of any antiamerican prevalence among the people in Germany

Wow, a sensible post

It's just banter

Nevermind dropping bombs when you invade the next country, just drop americans.

Oh boy we are probably among the most anti-American people in all of the European Union.

ah yes, that's what it is

That's not true at all
We love America here, except for the hipters

trust me its there.

really? I'd never know it, maybe it's just your edgy zoomers I don't speak with

>edgy zoomers
and boomers. They really dislike the US for a multitude of reasons and all these feelings surfaced when news came out that the USA actively spied on the German government.

>The UK worships the ground you walk on
not true at all

if anything we're probably the most anti-yank

I would say especially in the UK it has only sped up. They even had a fucking NFL match in Wembley this year and /brit/ posters literally boast about going to American chain restaurants such as Burger King or Shake Shack.

Attached: nfl-london-future[1].jpg (1300x724, 211K)

You are the personification of this image.

>maybe it's just your edgy zoomers I don't speak with

I can assure you that large parts of the German establishment, from parts of the center right to all the way to the radical left are very distrustful of the US.

Attached: FT_18.11.26_USGermany_AmericansandGermans.png (310x291, 6K)

well then you change your mind more than a woman I guess

It has been like this since the day the USSR dissolved.

>/brit/ posters literally boast about going to American chain restaurants such as Burger King
quite literally never happened
>or Shake Shack
that's a meme, and the meme is posted because we hate yanks/yank culture

dw.com/en/germans-and-americans-worlds-apart-in-view-of-relations/a-46461585
Your view is pretty common
Might have generalized a bit too much in the direction of Sweden since they're pretty anti-US
True, I was thinking more of your government

Attached: 1537226905337.png (1920x1486, 42K)

You should go to the /cum/ general sometime and watch the American cocksucking going on by your countrymen.

not really. it has been trending downwards slowly for years. remember germany is pretty anti war since ww2. with the collapse of the soviet union and american interventions around the world what makes you think your popularity wouldnt slowly tank?

If you are really interested and willing to set your fragile egos aside for a minute.
In most of the world the US government including Europe is considered outright evil and the American people are seen as a divided group of people where 50% are normal good hearted people and 50% are complete and utter nutjobs that hate other human beings for no real reason.

>well then you change your mind more than a woman I guess

This is not new or recent development, sorry. It's the US that just did a 180° turn and went from the global champion of free trade and international multilateralism to the world's protectionist fortress.

>I was thinking more of your government
fair point, tories love the whole yank mentality; i.e. healthcare
>You should go to the /cum/ general
no ta

Quite cringe to see brits and canadians on Jow Forums try so hard to distance themselves from yanks on this board because America gets made fun of a lot here. Yet IRL I've never met a British person or Canadian who held some vehemently anti-American beliefs.

You love us lad. Search your feelings

ego has nothing to do with regarding your belief that my government is evil as something a crazy person might say

just don't say anything about it

Most people here regard the US as some kind of imperialist rogue state since the NSA and the El-Masri scandal.

i just don't like your culture or lack thereof
nothing against yanks as people, even have yank family me, but it's your country as a whole

nah not for me (which is a shame because you probs have the best landscapes of any country in the world)

okay then

>muh your lack of culture
oh that's rich

Well, this is what happens when a foreign government goes around, kidnaps and tortures your citizens without any form of criminal warrant or judicial procedure.

so the US is kidnapping and murdering germans without trail or reason?

amazing news really

>so the US is kidnapping and murdering germans without trail or reason?

Yes, exactly.

I don't know why more Americans don't hate Germans. I hate your government and national attitude way more than any other European country. Conservatives here definitely hate Germany. Mostly stemming from how much of our resources and money the German government is happy to eat up but give nothing in return. After sending Americans to defend west germany, literally rebuild the entire nation and make it what it is today with the marshal plan (which costs billions) the Germans are now the richest nation in Europe and can't contribute anything to NATO. Trump is right to shit in your government. Until you get Merkel out of power the German government (and the EU which supports he retard antics) really is the enemy of the American tax payer. I'm tired of spending money defending your nation when you guys don't even take your own national defence seriously.

obviously that's something your government should tell everyone about, and not wherever you are supposedly hearing that

no one here has any reason to hate germany, the only ones that hate other countries are europeans

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khalid_El-Masri

sorry to tell you this but america has nothing to do with FREEDOM nowadays.
you are pretty much the bad guys now. even pro america people just see you as a better alternative to russia and china.

he says in my language

>The UK worships the ground you walk on

R ye refferin to the fockin mental yanks?
The fokin plague?

it's my language, I understand they don't teach brits anything about history, but you are uniquely stupid

you speak out of your ass timo, except in France everywhere i walked was a replica of american culture

I don't hate Germans I hate the German government. And if you realized how much we could save on taxes by reducing our ridiculous defence budget you would too. One way to majorly reduce the budget without sacrificing regional security is to have Europeans (namely Germany) who have the resources to organize a meaningful European deterrant against Putin actually do so... Meanwhile they pay for rapefugees to have 34 year maternity leave.

See, this is one of the issues. Germans know well that all of these things didn't happen as gestures of charity or mercy but to secure America's own national interests on the European continent and Americans going around claiming that this wasn't the case will just get laughed at by us.

pointing to the fraction of our defenSe budget is a red herring, our budgetary woes stem from the fat that lies around legion government programs encompassing the lionshare of the damned thing

our security is none of your concerns. and its not the reason for your huge defense budget. when the soviets union still existed our military was way larger than it is now. the threat is gone so we disarmed. its not our fault that america didnt downsize aswell.
the reason for your huge military at this point are purely internal due to the political power of your military industrial complex.

>it's my language
hm and why might that be you fat twat

What a load of trash - anyone who thinks rationally knows that mutually beneficial partnerships based on similar respects for democracy and a free way of life are in everyones interest. You realize that we have a nuclear deterrent? If Putin starts anexing little pieces of Europe it's no matter to us, you aren't like some super buffer wall keeping us alive.

Just because they're fairly anti-American doesn't mean they haven't been subsubed into the American global culture. It's a common contradiction.

because I'm an american you scum sucking plonking son of a bitch

The American troops stationed in Germany don't serve Germany's national defense. This is a laughable suggestion. Germany is entirely surrounded by friends and allies, it is not militarily threatened by anybody. The Cold War is over, Tom Clancy. The reason why there are still American troops stationed in Germany is because their bases and their infrastructure are used as transport, supply, medical and surveillance hubs for America's middle eastern adventures

If it's none of our concern why does Merkel come begging to Trump about NATO and make statements like "oh no we can no longer count on Americans we have to count on ourselves". Successive German governments are so used to leeching off of Americans they don't even realize it.

people in the 17th century spoke like neither Americans or British today

are you retarded? this wasnt about now. it was about the cold war. where do you think a lot of your nukes were stationed? germany. wich nation was divided into two puppet states of two opposing nuclear powers? germany.
in case of ww3 germany would have been razed to the ground more than any other country.
nobody gives a shit about russia now except for tiny baltic states.

>yank logic

Norway is not anti-american, in fact we have a pretty good relationship with USA.

>paki arguments

The bombs that make up the arsenal of the nuclear sharing program are, without exception, tactical nukes. Tactical nukes don't serve as nuclear deterrence against any state with ballistic missile capabilities. This is ridiculous.

now you have to Sudoku

and so does Denmark btw

>whiter than you muhammad

>Masters, please accept me
Stop sucking up to Europeans. You are always going to be seen as an evil, retarded mutt to them so stop looking for their acceptance.

when did merkel come begging to trump exactly?
and we arent leeching of anyone.
your military does not protect us.
again the soviet union is gone.
we disarmed you didnt.
russia isnt a threat to us. neither is china.
if we start to pay more for our military do you think america will finally be able to disarm?
your politicians will fabricare the next bullshit crisis to justify shit.
there is too much money involved.

Rationalize it to yourself however you want, mainland Europe has a renewed need for a strong NATO presence. Seeing how the majority of the threat from Russia is in mainland Europe, large European nation's should be sharing a larger portion of the burden.

Isn't being fat suicide by itself?

We can only hope that america becomes isolated on the world stage and that the global neoliberal project fails but I'm afraid that at this point the damage is already done.

>oh no we can no longer count on Americans we have to count on ourselves

A hardcore Transatlanticist like Merkel that would've blindly followed Bush into Iraq now openly questioning the most central pillar of our post-war foreign policy, Germany's Western alignment is quite dramatic and signals a major paradigm shift.

>I have no way of coming back from that so I'll post meme reply #22930445

is this a meta post? you literally just did that

just about, at the least they're shaving a good 15% of their lifespan off

>Study: Many Americans Too Fat To Commit Suicide
That's one of the best headlines I've ever read.

Attached: 1433846343797.jpg (1462x1462, 297K)

everything about you is meta, you have not a soul on you

A gunshot, properly placed, will always do the trick

>remember germany is pretty anti war since ww2.
you arent fooling anyone wolfgang

Attached: 1539553295369.gif (286x258, 2.51M)

>foreign policy, Germany's Western alignment is quite dramatic and signals a major paradigm shift.
Not him but I agree. I expect a more federalized EU in the future will gradually remove US influence from Europe and the region.

what interest do we have in increased nato presence if we have almost no influence in nato?
now we actually have a viable alternative, that is doing our own thing.

what difference does it make? if american post war propaganda worked we would hate you by now due to anti war tendencies .
if it didnt work we would have hated to the entire time but have hidden it because the reds were worse.

And I didn't even mention how the US is widely regarded to be responsible for the refugee crisis due to their interventionist neo-conservative foreign policies that destabilized Iraq, created that power vacuum that gave rise to ISIS which spilled over to Syria and Turkey

If anything the rate of Americanization has increased. People may look down their nose at America and regard it as a force for evil but the influence of American culture and American politics is inescapable. Which is not a good thing btw, I hate the multiculti, neoliberal ideology that we represent, but its influence is not waning even if some resistance groups are gaining more prominence.

Ding Ding Ding!

Aren't most refugees African?

> I hate the multiculti, neoliberal ideology
Based and same. It's fucking killing the west.

This. American politics and policies are as strong as ever in Europe.

"The West" really doesn't exist. IMO since climate change will bring about the end of globalization as we know it I believe we should incrementally withdraw from the role of the world's policeman and focus on being self-sufficient and well protected for the lean times ahead.

raus

That's a joke. We either get criticized for being under-involved or over extended. When Asad used chemical weapons in Syria, headlines around the world were calling for the US to intervine from a humanitarian point of view to stop him from doing so. Like Cucks we did launch some missles from ships at his chemical arsenal. Think about this for a minute - there are closer, Powerful NATO european states that had the power to launch these attacks in their very region and yet everybody was crying out for the US to get involved. Europeans have a mentality of being completely dependent on us the way a teenager is.

>climate change
People are so paranoid about this to the point of stupidity, climate change does exist but the globalists, neoliberals or whatever you what to call them are overblowing this shit out of proportion to fit their agenda.
The last month alone the UN and the scientific community were talking non stop about this, either saying that we are doomed and there's nothing we can do or we are all going to die in 12, 20 or 50 years depending on what random number they feel like saying.
Are you guys really falling in this mass hysteria?

Attached: F0ykN5e.png (1920x1080, 1.43M)

I don't believe you or I will die since our nations are both fairly well-off, but I believe it will at the very least lead to a massive reduction in the quality of life for all of us. People in equatorial countries however are totally fucked and hundreds of millions will likely perish.

>Europeans have a mentality of being completely dependent on us the way a teenager is.
Most European nations have less than 10% of the population being in favor of any foreign military interventions while the US is around 50% or higher.

How is Europe being Americanised?

getting fatter and dumber, voting on muh feels and fake news

Grim

you really deserve everything you're getting

your own ignorance is finally expressing itself, enjoy 1920s italy 2.0 buddy

the last italogipsy scum is still superior to the best american, so it's not that bad