Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8-quu7Mz7IU
youtube.com/watch?v=7_FgTx5AyCE
youtube.com/watch?v=Gj6CIveQGLs
cbc.ca/news/canada/prince-edward-island/pei-paula-biggar-french-1.4898875
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because us is big

t. Californian

This is probably one of the less annoying things they do desu.

There is more difference between Iowa and Minnesota than between Germany and France

Based

Attached: No-Sir-Im-from-Kentucky-Bill-Paxton.jpg (1435x597, 90K)

Why does that make you mad?

This but unironically.

I've never heard a Chinese saying he's from Xizang or an Indian saying he's from Delhi.

You should know your master's individual states.

Because you don’t know what those are

Well maybe they should start. A city or state is a more informative answer.

I rate this bait, tbqh. It's one of few muttisms that genuinely, unironically makes me seethe.

9.5/10

it's based

But bongs can tell I'm American based on my accent, so why would I still say I'm American?

>"Where are you guys from?"
>Minnesota
>Alberta
>Irkutsk
>Lapland
>Birmingham
>Gjirokastër
>Szabolcs-Szatmár-Beregmegye

Attached: 1542938301135.jpg (540x540, 49K)

The majority of Europeans have never heard of any states besides California, Florida and Texas though. If you told my mom you're from North-Dakota she would probably wonder if that's somewhere in England.

Nobody asks Americans where we're from
They can tell by our accent

Canadians sound pretty much the same though.

because I live in a good state and dont want to be associated with shit states like in the s*uth, c*lifornia, and r*st belt

Attached: 1538422644706.jpg (249x249, 16K)

And conversely, why would a bong say he's from Britain? We already know that, too.

The average European grew up watching American media based in America. Not Chinese media

I played EU4 and CK2 for 200 hours, so if you said what region in Germany you’re from, I would probbaly be able to point it on a map

You’ve got a lifetime of hearing our states names. It should be easy for you

And everybody assumes they're American, which is why Canadian 'culture' consists solely of telling people you're Canadian

You might be Canadian. You both pretty much sound the same to us, except Canadians pronounce a few words differently (e.g. about as aboot). To be clear, I'm talking about "general" American and Canadian accents, not regional ones.

DESU, once people go "Oh your Austarlian" I usually follow it up with "Yeah, From Queensland" if they are a brit/kiwi.

>If you told my mom you're from North-Dakota she would probably wonder if that's somewhere in England.
Really?

Because everytime someone asks me where I'm from and I say "America" they look at me weird and say they meant what part of America I'm from

>What country are you from
>"Scotland", which is absolutely a country, no we aren't sovereign, no we don't have UN recognition, but we are a country. Just look, we have an international football team

I say California because my state is actually relevant

I don't say state, I just say the "Southern part of the United States"

fuck off with your "aboot" meme.

no one has ever said it like that ever

This is a lie.

Chinese people won't just tell you the province they are from, they'll tell you the fucking TOWN

they will say "I'm from Hong Kong" or "I'm from Shanghai" or "I'm from Taiwan"

That's far worse than saying the state imo

I've heard people from all different countries do this, this isn't specific to America.
>Where are you from
>Russia
>Ukraine
>Wales
>Queensland
>California
>Mexico
>Alberta
>Bavaria

Most Europeans watch burger media dubbed and even subtitles omit such details sometimes. Localization is a thing.

>american education

Well 95% of our states are more important globally than any of those countries.

He's right

>that post
>that flag
You're the only country that insists your regions are actually countries in their own right, and then get buttblasted when someone points out that Scotland is actually just a region

it's a-boat not a-boot, unless you're from Assfuck, Northern Ontario where you barely have a DSL connection

your country don't even have an history prior the XVth century

Taiwan is its own country

Yes we do, American culture is simply an extension of British culture.
Our history prior to XVth century is simply British history

I think technically they are different countries but realistically everyone outside the UK views them as regions.

>I think technically they are different countries
Not if when you say "country" you are referring to sovereign states, which is what we mean 95% of the time when we use the word country.
British people insist they are on the same status as France, Germany, Poland which is wrong.

>implying Chief Running Wolf btfoing """Chief""" Standing Tree in the Great Badlands Lakota succession dispute of 1464 isn't a rich history
No racism on 4channel

bitch

because they know you're going to be ignorant.

People here do that too, I think because their culture is more homogeneous, so they need to differentiate on a smaller scale.
>Move to a city 150 km away
>New neighbour asks where I'm from
>'that must be a culture shock' 100% serious

There is more of a difference between North and South Dakota than there is between North and South Korea

Canadians sound like Irish people trying to mimic our accent.

Argentina, Brazil, Russia and China are also big. To be honest, I don't know where Aiowa or however it's called is.

IOWA
O
W
A

>mfw Euros get angry at me when i start talking about states
nigger my state is more important than half of the EU, there is literally no difference in power between US states and EU member countries.

Attached: states gdp.jpg (1021x586, 134K)

Iowa and Kansas girls are hot. it's actually useful to know.

t. PLEBIAN

>Oklahoma
ugh...

I only know the states because of an education program we had on the school computers.
I still forget some states even exist like Oklahoma and Indiana.

Wholly depends on context. Why would I tell a foreigner right off the bat that Im from chicago, instead if my country? However, if we both know that Im from the states or Im talking to a canadian or fellow countryman then of course Im going to bring up chicago because it tells you a lot more about me than "American". Nice bait

>what state are you from?
oh i'm actually from canada
>oh where from?
prince edward island
>never heard of it
;_;

youtube.com/watch?v=8-quu7Mz7IU

Don't forget the War Against Aniwye, the Giant Skunk Monster. Remember, he's skunk Hitler!

if you're from a good white state, why not specify

>hi there fella, where are you from?
>''umm what do you mean 'where are you from' I was born in California!''

Attached: La créature de l'abysse.jpe.jpg (612x428, 97K)

>Canada

Not bad. That seems to be where HEB is sourcing all its packaged food anyway.

>oklahoma
It just never ends with Portugal, does it.

Attached: 0DFBF2B6-E014-44B3-B4DB-88357EB0C1F1.jpg (900x900, 82K)

hmmm

Attached: uk_usa_central_extract.png (1600x994, 647K)

tbf PEI only receives mention outside Canada for its mussels

have you ever heard Oklahoma accent?
go on youtube and search "Reba", it's a red head woman
youtube.com/watch?v=7_FgTx5AyCE
ass = ice
or just listen to Hank from King of the Hill, he's got it even though they live in Texas
youtube.com/watch?v=Gj6CIveQGLs

it's basically the worst accent in the US, as uneducated as it gets.

OH NO NO NO

Anne of Green Gables is popular in other countries.

1) I thought that was about Newfoundland
2) I only know what that is because I desperately searched for "Canadian culture" once

Why do amerimutts think their states are different than each other?

Because when I say the Cofederate States of America people get offended so it is easier to just say Virginia

You could have just asked a Canadian for Canadian culture. Anne Shirley is from Nova Scotia iirc but Green Gables is in PEI.

Unrelated but is there an Acadian minority population there?

To be fair I have never heard anybody do this. The muh heritage fags are very real here. I have a friend that has all of the flags of his huuuurrritage tattooed on his back like some kind of mutt identification stamp. These people are pretty rare though.

Most people in VA would be offended too

No, I couldn't have. On one end of the spectrum it's "dude we're americans with healthcare and poutine and weed lmao" and on the other end it's "god save her majesty we're the united kingdom of great britain, northern ireland and canada innit"

You didn't get it.

In Prince Edward Island? There certainly is, many Acadians have been anglicized over the years but ~5% of the population or so is Francophone, they live in the blue part of pic related called the Evangeline Region

Attached: 589237592735.png (674x301, 86K)

I do now. Sorry m8 i'm used to every single thread being about mutts

Thanks for the apology, sir.

Additionally, there was a bit of butthurt recently
cbc.ca/news/canada/prince-edward-island/pei-paula-biggar-french-1.4898875

Both can be true depending on where you live, what your background is, and how you define culture.
Day to day lifestyle and surface culture we are basically America with weed and healthcare, deeper culture we are just an extension of western Europe and the UK in particular, though there are some slight differences as a result of history and geography.

Because my state has a national identity.

Attached: dsc_6809.jpg (720x480, 65K)

California, Texas, Hawaii, Alaska, and Utah all have unique cultures separate from the normal American one
But if you're from an identityless shithole like Connecticut, Wyoming, Massachusetts, etc. then you should identity as American

>Massachusetts
>identityless
New England is the USA at its finest

Honestly I wish more people were specific like this.

>oh, I'm from England
Well no shit! The fact that an American will just tell you "oh I'm from Chicago haha, awfully warmer here!"...god its refreshing to have someone who's social and interested in talking about themselves just a little other than a parade of aspie Europeans backpackers.

Do MLAs in PEI need to speak French?
I wonder if Melanie Gallant is related to New Brunswick's former premier Brian Gallant.

Attached: brian-gallant-2.jpg (720x479, 31K)

something something each state has different laws something something

Oh no, most people in PEI can't speak French, although bilingualism has become more common. There isn't any need for MLAs to speak French. Gallant is an extremely common stereotypical Acadian last name, there's probably no relation.

>Travel to foreign countries
>Cross the crosswalk
>Accidentally tread on someone's feet
>"Oh sumimasen"

Attached: 7c39e1f369af1feb89addc6fee89d59f.jpg (453x392, 14K)

I say I am from Peru, Indiana
Should I just say Peru?

die gook

Some of my Canadian immigrant ancestors had that name. Perhaps they had roots on PEI

It's a very common last name across the Maritimes, one of the first Acadian families going back to the 1600s, but you might be right.

No, I would assume you were from Maine if you did that. Maine has lots of towns named after countries.

Attached: coolsign.jpg (452x720, 344K)

>haha yeah im american yay go america!
fuck off im not associating with most of you cunts.
dumb yuros will act like there is this outrageous difference between austria and germany but they think texas and alaska are identical

Why do they do this?

Attached: Screenshot_20181215-054012__01.jpg (1080x757, 118K)

I don't get how the rest of the EU doesn't hate germany to the point of attacking it from all sides

Swedes are krautboos