SEC: ETH IS NOT A SECURITY

Fresh news. The bottom is in boys, here we go:

"Ether, as currently bought and sold, does not appear to be a security." - William Hinman

Reputable sources:
twitter.com/ErikVoorhees/status/1007298523652505601

twitter.com/nathanielpopper/status/1007298228205674496

Attached: ethereum.jpg (630x630, 21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qB8SWUojxBM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

vitalik tight with the bogs you rly think this shit was gona be classified as a security

No, I'm a firm believer of ETH and have been in since the 4usd range.

Just giving a heads up for my bro's on Jow Forums. ETH will have bottomed here. Buy this shit if you have FIAT laying around.

bull run boyos. lets fucking go

nice just bought 100k

>Ether, as currently bought and sold, does not appear to be a security
couldnt this apply to basically any post-ICO coin?

Bought back in at $480.
Kicking my self cause I could have sniped it at $469 last night. That would have been a 2k flip over-night. Fuck...

Attached: 1454081836542.jpg (620x368, 26K)

basically said as long as you are not heavily centralized its not a sec

It's ok lad my avg buying for eth is 1k

That implies you're betting $182 per dollar increment of Eth. Do you usually do that?

Holy shit that ETH candle

I'm not even kidding when I say I'm pretty sure this will kickstart the flippening. Finally.

XRP is also getting REKT by the SEC it looks like, we'll be seeing XRP being ruled a security soon.

Buy low sell high, dude. C'mon.
No. I buy low and use leverage.

worst not a security pump ever.. crypto really is dead

>XRP is also getting REKT by the SEC it looks like, we'll be seeing XRP being ruled a security soon.

Attached: 550.png (207x243, 7K)

XRP is a premined centralised pos whose supply is almost entirely controlled by Ripple, off course regulators will shit on it it's a blatant scam

yeah, it seems like XRP is fucked and this is good.
Neo is also in the gray zone.

Yeah, we all knew that. We just need the market as a whole -read: retards- to hear it from a source like SEC to finally kill off XRP. Or at least stop normies from buying that shit because "it's only a few usd now, it could go to 20k like BTC we'll all magically be millionaires".

Finally.

The crypto market was literally manipulated to make a few people lots of money. That's the only reason the market exploded like it did, because some people knew they could make an easy fortune off of the gullibility of the crypto scene. Anyone else who already had bitcoin was just lucky to be taken along for the ride.

It has all the hallmarks of a scam and it's always had all the hallmarks of a scam.

More and more news will come out on this in the future as governments across the world start digging into the details.

Mind you, I'm not saying blockchain is worthless, it's a great technology. IT's just that cryptocurrency is nowhere near as valuable as people are currently paying for it.

NEO is a security. Their Gas system will fuck them hard.

youtube.com/watch?v=qB8SWUojxBM

Attached: 1528178312084.png (817x443, 34K)

no shit nigga. Last year was the perfect year for Asian whales to pump it since it was rife with speculation and most people didn't think of it as a greater fool theory.

Asian whales started going hard on Bitfinex once Japan legalized bitcoin as a legal currency

Be in eth and etc for gains. Coinbase knew this was coming...

Attached: images.jpg (259x194, 10K)

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW HELL YEAH NIGGGGGUHS WE THA NEW ROTHCHILDREN NOW

What leverage are you using? Wouldn't that be over 100x leverage?

Actually no, it wouldn't be 100x.

except for the fact that you already own the gas when you purchase NEO and its just distributed out to you over time. The reason it may be in a grey area is because of Onchain but with the china rumblings its a risk I am willing to take

*wouldn't be over 100x

Triple bottom. So how many of you sold the bottom AGAIN?

Keep dreaming, XRP will most likely be banned and Ripple sued to the ground for it. It's not about it being a security or not at all, it's about it being a scam which it is.

Fucking idiots on here didn’t understand the sec can’t do shit when the howey ruling was already voted on by the Supreme Court

You basement kiddos need to go read some law books and stop playing vidya

brainlet here, what's a security?

$300 pump in 10 mins. yeah, this is totally sustainable. it's DEFINITELY not going to dump any minute now.

>XRP Scam

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 22K)

We back! Time to go parabolic

The beta bart
The alpha marge

Attached: Screenshot_20180614-104736_Blockfolio.jpg (1080x1241, 192K)

Crypto is speculative and there is nothing wrong with that, just like most stocks if not all.
You will see some crazy shit, it might not happen in 2 years or 5 but it will happen and crypto will be the only deflationary currency out there people can buy with their fiat which will continuously lose value that will maintain or increase in value and allow them to buy/ trade etc with ease.
The reality is crypto is the only deflationary asset that is easily transferable and tradable, gold is nice and all but you can’t send gold across the globe to pay for goods and you’re not going to walk around paying with gold coins, silver etc.
The clock is ticking, the debt is rising, the paper is being printed as we speak, we can only delay the inevitable for so long.
That’s the value of crypto, that’s what caused btc to take off.
Smart contracts and distributed ledgers are amaizing and be the next technology revolution alongside AI smart contracts powered by AI and oracles could settle most of not all transactions, claims etc in seconds at a much lower cost than now, that’s cool and eventually might be worth trillions, it might not be eth or any of the coins in existence that doesn’t matter.
Crypto will go on, when the next economic crisis hit and it will hit, much harder than 2008, because printing money and racking debt to give liquidity to banks won’t worth anymore because the crisis will be the printing.
It will replace fiat.
Might not be any of the cryptos in existence now, it might be a crypto backed by the government, who knows but the reality is crypto is the future.

I bought 20k€ of ETH and I'm losing -5.9k€ atm I want to sell this shit asap to buy more BTC

america saves crypto AGAIN

Attached: 1517436445944.jpg (1152x777, 59K)

replace "Crypto" with "Bitcoin"

Attached: summerfaltgs.jpg (2504x1667, 835K)

nothing to do with sec
eth is dying anyway
good luck anons

It's a general term for investment products which can be traded. I'm guessing cryptocurrencies and tokens being labelled as securities would be viewed as bad thing, because it would result in more regulation.

lmao SEC is so full of shit
ethereum literally had an ICO and fails the cuckey test

yeah, the SEC makes no sense on crypto. ETH had an ICO. I expect them to flip-flop on shit and just piss off more people.

"bitcoin is not a security because it is decentralized: there is no central party whose efforts are a key determining factor in the enterprise."

So, BAT is probably a security. I'll just call it a shitcoin though.

Hahaha, I bet you faggots were 100% certain it would be declared security a few days ago. APOLOGIZE

The howey security test has 3 conditions to fill to be classified as a security, ico fills 1 out of 3 conditions.

In other words, please educate yourself plebs

Holy shit! This makes ETH even better than BTC.

Attached: brain.png (645x729, 53K)

>ethereum is not a security
saying that is just a formality at this point

You are telling me it's not an investment of money, not in a common enterprise, and does not have an expectation of profits. I guess so if we live in pretend-land and we obviously do since the SEC has taken a position on ETH.

All you basement dwelling fedora tipping fat bois fail to see how many more tendies you’d consume with some good and proper regulation.
SEC is laughing at us now

It’s over

All these salty BTC maximalists.

pomp it

Attached: A9238440-48C8-451D-8605-C8C497C9A30A.jpg (280x400, 11K)

This all day. Been calling this shit for almost a year now. Kek.

It depends if the coin represents an equity investment

bump for truth

WE ARE ALL HONORARY JEWS ON THIS DAY!

>substantiation required for this shitpost

Flippening now

Fake and GAY - those news articles are fake news u idiot

Just sent Erik Voorhees 10 eth, I think hes gonna send me 100 back!!

@ErikrVoorhees and @ErikKVoorhees are having an ETH giveaway! Already sent them my .5 ETH, can't wait to get my 5 ETH in return!

Just sent Erik Voorhees 0.6 eth and got 6 back! I’m going to do it again!

Just sent Erik Voorhees a photocopy of my chode. Think he will send me his 10 inch monster cock back in png format? I can't wait!

It was America threatening it kek, nobody else. And Ethereum is made by a Russian, while Bitcoin is made by an Australian (Craig Wright). Most shit in cryptos is non-burgers. I know burgers love to claim everything, but seriously less delusion thanks.