How white is the average African American? I've just realised that Beyonce and Barack Obama have European ancestry...

How white is the average African American? I've just realised that Beyonce and Barack Obama have European ancestry. Is this common?

Attached: 1520996419904.png (950x534, 1018K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4289685/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

20-25
obama is half and beyonce probably has more (see her mom=

The estimate depends a lot on your data set of course. The figure I hear most often is ~20% population mean.

>Is this common?
Are you asking if mutts are common in the US? Are you asking if race mixing is a thing there?

All African Americans have some European ancestry. There's a reason African Americans don't look like Africans.

20-25, but Obama's mom is exactly half because his dad is kenyan and his mom is full white

There is virtually now 'pure' African American. Every Black American is a Mulatto to a certain degree with at least one white grandparent/two white great grandparents etc.

You just realized Obama was half white?

Anyway, as I recall it's somewhere between 20-30% on average, and Beyonce is a Creole.

The race mixing that caused Blacks to be a quarter white happened in the 18th and 19th century.
And American Whites are still >99% European

The white ancestry is much further back than that unless you’re talking about weird groups from like rural Virginia

some do
that's not true. there's a minority that's pretty close to pure

That's why I said etc. because it's one quarter, the equivalent of 1 white grandparent or 2 greatgrandparents etc. I didn't make this clear enough, sorry.

>weird groups like rural virginia
what
her mom is really light skinned. her dad apparently married her cause he thought it was a white woman and wanted to get revenge on white people by having a white wife. not even kidding.

The only pure black Americans are recent African immigrants like those from Ghana.

you think slave owners never had sex with their slaves? most black Americans are direct decedents of white slave owners; and their money and property should be confiscated to pay down the national debt, as reparations for the crimes of their slave owning ancestors.

Obama is not an African American in the historical sense. His mom was an Anglo-American student and his dad was a Kenyan. Black people in the US are from a West African substrate and their European admixture is mostly male mediated.

Some African Americans wouldn't even be considered black in Africa

There’s groups in some backwaters like High Yeller or Jackson Whites that mixed with whites quite regularly because they weren’t seen as properly black
They were also really inbred

There was a black/German mixed guy on KC who posted a thread about visiting family in Kenya. He mentioned that the locals often remarked about how he wasn't really black.

there's a small proportion of them that are pure or almost pure

it's from this study (supplemental materials)

Attached: 4_u.png (559x582, 61K)

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4289685/

It makes sense as there were a lot of areas like in the Carolinas where it was just massive plantations without white overseers
Usually rice and indigo and stuff
Also Gullah were very isolated

if there were no white overseers how did the slave system worked?

black overseers

blacks could, and did, own slaves in America. there were even a pair of Chinese brothers (very famous "siamese" twins), who immigrated to America and bought some slaves.

There were Slave-owning Free Negros and Free Colored people at one point.

They just had a monthly or weekly quota to fill
More of sharecroppers really

>you now remember both of his parents are supposed to be african american

Attached: 0422-prince-getty-01-200x250.jpg (200x250, 11K)

roughly a quarter

Obama is not exactly half. His mother has some negro blood in her.

wow
obama is like 50.0001% black

really makes a difference

I'm 14% Irish 11% Swedish, the rest African.

Attached: WP_20180116_20_17_53_Pro.jpg (720x1280, 366K)

where did you buy those glasses

Dios mío...Espíritu del Señor. Espíritu de Dios, Padre, Hijo y Espíritu Santo, Santísima Trinidad, Virgen Inmaculada, ángeles, arcángeles y santos del paraíso, descended sobre mí. Fúndeme, Señor, lléname de ti. Expulsa de mi todas las fuerzas del mal, aniquílas, destrúyelas. Expulsa de mí los maleficos, la magia negra, el ogro de las tinieblas, el luz extinguido, el americano... Por favor, destruye la infestación diabólica; todo lo que es mal, pecado, envidia, celos y perfidia; la enfermedad física, psíquica, moral, espiritual y diabólica... destruye al monstruo, a la creatura... Quema a este mal en el infierno, para que nunca más me toquen a mí ni a ningun ser. Ordeno y mando con la fuerza de Dios omnipotente, en nombre de Jesucristo Salvador, por intermedio de la Virgen Inmaculada, a todos los espíritus inmundos, a inmediatamente, que me abandonen definitivamente y que se vayan al infierno eterno. El chupa-chupacabras no puede triunfar, el monstruo, el abominación... debe morir... Encadenado por San Miguel arcángel, por San Gabriel, por San Rafael, aplastado bajo el talón de la Virgen Santísima Inmaculada, aleja el aberración genetíca, al ogro de las Americas... Amén.

Attached: dios mio.jpg (1290x1600, 440K)

Obama is half-white.

>him and his grandfather

Attached: download (1).jpg (294x172, 7K)

Visionworks

Whoah what's that? I think I feel a BASED train rolling by

>American Whites are still >99% European

Attached: download (1).png (195x258, 7K)

They average about 20% European. Barrack is 50% and beyonce also has native ancestry.

it is true though, average is maybe 1% native and 1% black, rest is euro. That is average though and most white people outside of the south will be 100% euromutt