Resume

How fucked am I?

Attached: resume.png (2480x3508, 515K)

You are waaaayyy too confident. How about write an additional page where you concentrate on your weaknesses.

Just delete the trader thing, it doesnt look serious.
Apart from that, its good

I just sent this resume to 2 companies and I am scared shitless they are going to laugh at me and throw it in the bin.

What can I improve?

Attached: watamote-03-large-04.jpg (1280x720, 84K)

I don't like the description of your trading "job". mentioning cryptocurrency probably isn't too good. they'll think that you're a redditor that likes crypto memes.

Trader / self-employed = NEET that lost all his dads money and is now looking for a job

Possible the worst resume ive ever seen

Delete trader and make up something.

if you've been trading crypto since i really dont hope you need to apply for a job now

they must be fucking laughing that you aren't a multi millionaire now

Are you kidding me?

Fuck my life... What should I replace it with?

>Romanian
fucked as fuck

Btw if u got into crypto in 2012 and now ur looking for a job u must be the worst trader ever

sept 2012*

Just put a low tier job like waiter or stuff like that. Its unlikely that they will call for recommendations there.
Also, add that you did some courses or so during the meantime so you wont look like you´ve lost your time.

romania can be nice

if you're an expat from somewhere rich, sure

Dont lead with the NEET experience. Start with those coding skills. They're going to see that objective and see trader and laugh at you. Maybe don't even bother saying trader just come up with a good lie.

Fuck... and I thought putting the trader thing in is such a good idea. Why the fuck didn't I ask for 2nd opinions before sending it.

Okay, so you have a lot of very valuable skills that will pay well if you market them in a good way.
Mathematics + CS skills will give you tons of opportunities

Your CV is trash tier though. Put more effort in it and choose a standard format. Creative changes may seem appealing but nobody gives a fuck really.

Write good code and put it on GitHub. Showing your skills will get you way farther than just claiming to be able to program.

Rephrase everything, your descriptions are shit.

If you have a new version I'll share my 2 cents. Good luck user

bro at least ur sending resumes and trying to get a job and be productive, ur already ahead of 99% of people on this board

delete trader, or put trader in forex, options, stocks, dont say u trade crypto since 2012, u should be rich by now by just holding 100 dollars on BTC since 2012

>Maybe don't even bother saying trader just come up with a good lie.
I am open to suggestions.

Attached: Girls_With_Guns_03_by_r4di0fly3r.jpg (900x613, 233K)

don't worry, you can always improve something. it's never perfect.

>speculate in cryptos since 2012 and needs a job now

what the fuck did you do with your below 15$ BTC?

and don't write that you speculated, if you want to mention it then write something like investing, researching w/e

Alright dude...first off you have to delete the trader piece. I would throw your resume in the trash immediately after seeing that. It's not serious work experience for a programming job, don't pretend that it is. I'm actually going to recommend you get rid of all your past employment information. You don't have relevant work experience. No reason to say that you were a temp worker for a month, nor that you've been an Insurance sales agent in the past. It doesn't matter.
Replace work experience with a new section where you can talk about something relevant to the job you're seeking. Talks about the programming related side/learning projects you have worked on.
You're a noob, so it's already assumed that you don't know anything. Find some way to talk up your ability to learn fast and figure out how to do things on your own. Good luck.

This. How the fuck do you even need a job still if you've been in crypto since 2012? I would definitely never put that shit in my CV.

I don't think the trader thing is that bad, but if you're going to put it in don't mention cryptocurrency. Just be very general and use phrases like:
'analyzed financial market trends'
'speculated on emerging financial markets'
'interpreted financial data to identify investment opportunities'

Make it sound like a real job, even if you are self employed. If you were profitable - mention that.
'realized gains of over 200%'
'averaged gains of 25% year over year'

But DON"T mention crypto

Save that for the interview, and then watch their faces as they ask you to leave :-)

I only bought 20 BTC on a whim.

Omg this. Write a resume like you would want to read one. If you are extremely technical, write about some technical feat you achieved. Definitely link to git repos.
Appeal to those you would want to work with. Ask to get paid in crypto to further filter potential employers (and become more attractive to employers who value crypto)

lol. Only crypto startups pay in crypto dude, and they aren't going to hire OP at this stage in his career.

Why not? There is plenty of money in crypto companies.

lol romanian gypsy

>and then watch their faces as they ask you to leave :-)
>as they ask you to leave :-)
I want to jump out a window right now

Attached: ssy.jpg (800x450, 66K)

its not going to be that bad. it really depends on who interviews you, but you can tell a story around it, you can make this gap in your CV interesting.

its important though that they think from your story that you did more than just shitposting on Jow Forums

Seriously though, get rid of "Past Employment" and replace it with "Relevant Experience". Under relevant experience you can list bullet points describing things you've done that they give a shit about.... -Built this to do that....or whatever the fuck.
If you aren't able to put together a list of things you've done yet, then you need to work on that first.

This guy is junior level programmer. Startups aren't in a position to bring on junior programmers.

I'm fucking with you, really have no idea how that might be received - probably depends on the interviewer. If they're into crypto it could even help - it's a crapshoot.

You're a math guy - you could use that when talking about investing, too:
'used advanced mathematics to model volatile markets and identify profitable investment opportunities'
Or some such bullshit. Just make sure it makes at least a bit of sense and that you can explain it if asked.

I would think that your math background would be a big help in getting noticed for some programming jobs.

>you can make this gap in your CV interesting.
I travelled and had fun. Oh wait, putting it like this is going to bite me in the ass hard isn't it?

Startups need all the help they can get. I know crypto enthusiasts with decent size companies that could also take on a mentorship role if he was good.
Most senior wagecucks aren't really willing to work with startups unless they have ownership. Most startups don't provide ownership (less than shit illiquid handcuffs).

>its important though that they think from your story that you did more than just shitposting on Jow Forums

THIS. It's all about that narrative - you get to set it with your resume and what you talk about. If you create the right narrative it will be a big help in landing a job.

shitposting and crypto prob isnt' the best narrative.

Investment utilizing advanced mathematics and wanting to pursue the stimulating cutting edge technologies of XYZ is much better

>Or some such bullshit.
Trouble is, I really didn't do anything like that. I bought some bitcoin on a whim and got lucky. That's all. I figured people would read that as "he won the lottery and lazed about for a few years, hence the gap of non-activity and the unfinished MSc", but I'm not good at reading people at all.

Yeah, your non-activity gap is a big strike against you. That's why I'm suggesting you remove it all together. Without your current employment history, your resume just shows that you've been a student focused on learning math and programming. They don't care what else you've been doing, do don't bother with it.

not necessary.

obviously don't just write: "I travelled the world and had fun" especially because you dropped out of your masters program.

in today's world of fake signalling you have to bullshit on your resume. if you write something like: managing own investments, research on blockchain technology, applying my mathematical knowledge through programming, all while travelling and experiencing new cultures" it makes a much better picture. if you then in the interview can tell a nice story and show them that you travelled for the sake of learning or getting to know new cultures, then this gap is perfectly fine in my opinion (have gap of 2 years myself and just went through like 20 interviews)

CV is simply a marketing device. You can craft it however you want.

It doesn't matter what you did, it matters what you can believably say that you did.

Saying that you got lucky, made some money, and fucked around being lazy for a few years because you had no motivation doesn't exactly make people want to hire you.

Resumes are full of bullshit, the whole point is to make yourself sound like a good candidate

Corporate bullshit doublespeak is a skill, you just need to utilize some of that to put some lipstick on this pig

Literally completely fucked, sorry buddy.

Ok, I checked and it seems no one actually read any of my applications yet. I'm looking into how to cancel them.

Attached: nagi_no_asukara-10-manaka-crybaby-tears-fear-death-scared.jpg (1280x720, 71K)

solid advice

this.

you have a graduate degree in mathematics, obviously you are smart and a good student. thats all that matters

>you have a graduate degree in mathematics,
I don't. I dropped out. I only have an undergrad.

Is there a book or something that teaches you how to come up with stuff like >managing own investments, research on blockchain technology, applying my mathematical knowledge through programming, all while travelling and experiencing new cultures

what was your coursework or research in?

And dont put dropped out, put left to pursue work in industry

>what was your coursework or research in?
It was a broad/general course. It's part of why I quit the programme. I had already studied part of the coursework on my own before enrolling.
I mainly enrolled because I had no idea what I wanted to do at the time and going back to college seemed like a good way to pass the time.

Plus, college is free in Romania, so it's not like I had much to lose.

Instead of trader, put self-employed.

That, in the end, is what you were.

God dammit I can't find a way to cancel my applications. I bet these guys made the process as ambiguous as possible on purpose.

don't freak out, your resume is not horrible, they either invite you know or not, the next time you already know more.

i don't have a book to refer to, but what I used a lot was wallstreetoasis (is for finance, but we're the kings of bullshitting so that fits) or looked through linkedin and read people's profiles

dont even put recent work unless it was an internship if you just graduated with a masters

>fucked up fonts everywhere
>dates aren't even capitalised
>What the fuck is - look dumb
>those red blocks for no reason look awful
>openly telling people you have "very little familiarity" with something
>using the expression "dropped out", or in fact telling anyone you dropped out at all when you could just omit that

Sorry kid, just being brutally honest

Attached: 1528730787580.jpg (640x360, 53K)

Well, thank you for the discussion anons. Your hazing was helpful. I think I have a general idea of what I need to do hereon-out.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 64K)

Find some company that went under and say you worked there.

My great grandma was from Bucharest, we might be related OP.

>two page resume
great way to get your pieces of paper in the trash

Op are you in nyc? My company might hire you.

Good luck user, my "trading" resume gap goes back to 2013

Attached: 1511962895123.jpg (450x300, 15K)

>CV
>Jow Forums
pick one

>been in crypto since 2012
>still hasn't made it
>still browsing Jow Forums

that's just sad

Attached: 1506701933786.png (466x575, 323K)

Why so you want employment as programer when you obviously arent into it. You can juat basica of things, even if that. Just dont go there man. You know you hate it.

>crypto 2012
So user why are you applying for a job that pay you with litteral pennies

>he fell for the math 300k starting meme

romanian, KYS faggot

at some point one might come to conclusion that this isn't a place full of intelligent people and good ideas, but that's crazy talk

masters in advanced mathematics and this is how you describe yourself???

instead of "trader, used personal savings in cryptocurrency speculations", how about "developed trading algorithms and bot programs to successfully trade cryptocurrencies"

well definitely dress up Dropped Out in some flowery but technically true language til it doesn't read as Dropped Out anymore

>Gypsy
Just go beg for money like the rest of your shitty kind.

>ctrl + f chainlink
>0 results

You're fucked

cypto trader is a meme user dont put that in

why mention that you suck at C++ lmao

Don't say dropped out. They will ask you why so make sure you have a great reason for doing so and state how now you're so much better with examples

You don't "accumulate expertise". That sounds like a Romanian trying to speak English. Say something like "hone skills" or "high-level proficiency"

>objective
STOP PUTTING THIS ON FUCKING RESUMES THEY KNOW WHY YOU ARE APPLYING. You dont drop a resume for any other reason than to get a fucking job.

>math degree
>drop out in math
lmao.

What the fuck is this? Why is it so fancy, user? What is with these weird graphic design/template resumes and shit? Dude, if a company is going to laugh at you - it's because of shit like this - respond with your original ID and I'll give you a recommendation with a great resource to improve your resume, and, if you REALLY give an actual fuck, you'll watch and glean from it.

>what should i replace it with?

McDonalds

>torna torna fratere
You are going to have to skillfully presenta enhanced image (bullshit)
The resume, at least in the country as I have seen are used as a tool for the interviewer to get a conversation piece about you and if you give them diggs at you, then, well, they are going to use it , so in case you are a good candidate they can make you present yourself in a poorer light and as such get a lower salary.

I mean, its not impossible to, creatively edit the resume, but I would start ommiting the failures and find a good sounding bullshit story about the gap. Personal reasons. Sick relative you had to help as the only person who could. Or some other shit. Thread has covered most.

By the way, what salary are you thinking and what are the relative offers around. I suspect you talked to some in similar positions and got a relatively accurate range you can expect... and I would also like to know... Since I want to try and enter the field.

>objective on a resume
You are absolutely fucked user.

Don't listen to these idiots. If it comes up in the interview say you got bored looking at charts all day

>software architect with focus on unabbreviated/abbreviated
>he doesnt into lambda functions
just

the the fuck would you say you have very little experience in something on your resume? also templates have been around since the 90s for fucks sake. just leave that whole part off

Or "continue professional development"

r/resumes

You don't have enough skills and you are math major. My resume is better than yours as 2nd year Computer Engineer. Seriously, if they accept you, then you shouldn't even take the job. They would have to be retarded.