/smg/ - Stock Market General

We all live in Texas edition

Popular brokers for stock trading:

Robinhood
>commission free and no minimum to open
robinhood.com

> How is it free?
Robinhood earns revenue by collecting interest on cash/securities and fees from their Robinhood Gold service

> It's been X days, why isn't my account verified yet?
Not being approved in 3 days seems to be the new norm. Nevertheless, call/email their support if you've been waiting more than that.

> When is it coming to my country?
The only "plans" are on an Australian and Chinese beta. Neither of which has gained much traction.

Interactive Brokers
>$1 commission per 100 shares. $10k minimum to open, $3k if 25 or under. Lowest margin interest. Free API access
interactivebrokers.com

TD Ameritade
>$6.95 commission per trade. No minimum to open. Fantastic data/charting through their free ThinkorSwim service
tdameritrade.com

Degiro (Cheap broker for Europeans)
degiro.eu

Educational sites:
investopedia.com/

Free in depth charts:
tradingview.com

Premarket Data:
nasdaq.com/extended-trading/premarket-mostactive.aspx
money.cnn.com/data/premarket/
cnbc.com/pre-markets/

Earnings Report Calendars:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html
earningswhispers.com/calendar

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

S&P 500 VIX Futures (For SVXY/UVXY, higher is better for UVXY, lower is better for SVXY)
investing.com/indices/us-spx-vix-futures

CNBC Live:
livenewson.com/american/cnbc-america.html
Fox Business Live:
livenewson.com/business/fox-business-network-fbn.html
Bloomberg Live:
livenewson.com/american/bloomberg-television-business.html

Basic rundown on options:
youtube.com/watch?v=TBAQtjyqNHw [Open]
youtube.com/watch?v=SuTTzfa4ePE [Open]

Attached: 6BB50D5C-2058-4C65-BD0E-B31671C26EAF.jpg (1200x532, 74K)

Other urls found in this thread:

khanacademy.org/economics-finance-domain
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

hello I am new friend
Can someone give me a list of stocks to watch?

Attached: 1527644956720.png (612x491, 106K)

Previous thread was to shitty to mention.

this is my first post!

Attached: 1507033085682.jpg (400x477, 29K)

>comfy literally too retarded to use a mic

can't say i'm surprised

TOPS
AMRS
DRYS
TEVA
UVXY
SKYY

This is what peak preformance looks like.

No one knows who I am in this thread. Still waiting on feet pics btw

You won't be getting them fren

Forgot
TVIX
CARV
DEAN
NWL

and by the way
haha

If you didnt buy PEP
just looooooooool
lolololol

Attached: hc5793c3c.png (493x595, 111K)

>I have to hunt down normies to work with because everyone thinks I'm a serial killer on the inter-webs.

Attached: 26k52v.jpg (1920x1080, 102K)

AMRS is fucked in the short term, no way you are seeing it above $6 for a long time.
In a few years time it will maybe get to mid-teens though.
t. AMRS bag holder

Is tastyworks a good broker?

You should hire kneepads, pay her monthly, and if you're lucky she'll croak in hospice before you have to.

I've never heard of it, what does it do TD doesn't?

If customers start asking me to find them hookers I'm in way too deep.

okay I added those onto my watchlist
but what is the point of watch TVIX and UVXY
aren't they extremely swingy and unstable? Like I sort of understand they measure volatility but why watch that daily?

Texas = New Jerusalem
We even have same environmental as Afghanistan!

Uhhh if me were say town, it too easy for find me on Tinder / other dating apps
Not that someone who cared couldn't already doxx me in 5 mins

Attached: 813c72b1f2f57d2cb4d20f98f8503950.jpg (3000x2500, 1.93M)

>Accidentally bought a put for cisco
>couldn't sell it before the market closed because I was at work
how do you voluntarily sterilize yourself?

Attached: me.jpg (540x416, 22K)

Attached: 1525088625435.png (214x236, 6K)

Hi stock friends.

I'm not much of an investor. Work for Uncle Sam in securing imaginary lines on maps.

I hear tell of an effort between Maersk shipping and IBM to invest heavily in block chain for global trade. My agency is pretty much in the bag for it, think it will be yuge down the road. I'd rather invest in crypto, but it's more of a platform than a branded coin.

Thinking about just investing in IBM and Maersk. Any suggestions/thoughts, experts?

Yes that’s the point, you swing trade them not hodl. You buy them, hope something bad happens to the market, and then hopefully sell them for a profit the next day. Pretty sure you can use them to hedge on volatility, but I’m a brainlet so I don’t do that.

I know that feel too

But I am a bit more optimistic (delusional ?)

AMRS may well be on the path to commercialize the next gen sweetener in Q318
That may be the near term catalyst

Also, market is still ignoring AMRS's guidance and is pricing it like before. If Melo continues to deliver on his promises, the market may give it a higher ratio (remember, P/Sales is only 1.5 the guidance)

Right now, I am worried about the trucker strikes in Brazil. I wonder how that impacted AMRS's supply in sugarcane.

Attached: wojaks_making_it.png (528x321, 99K)

cheap commissions

Add ROAD too
Price target: $16

And an user here works for them

dow and sp unchanged, eur did not bounce, commodities took yesterdays rally back. a good week overall for most stock holders

Attached: Chloe_Grace_Moretz_Cannes_2014.jpg (567x800, 62K)

CRYPTOKEK
Buffet sold IBM for a reason

Attached: TOSTWaJ.jpg (1920x1080, 86K)

if oil trades under $60 with a downfall there will be a panic all around again cause they will think it will hit 25 again. middle east, russia and canada all too dependant on wti price

Attached: Clouds+Sils+Maria+Press+Conference+67th+Annual+AdSqnCY9bTRl.jpg (411x594, 65K)

Apart from BTC, everything else is a scam
Even BTC is risky: it is either a new asset class, or it is totally worthless

How will the blockchain technology create value in the shitting business ?

Up another thousand from yesterday

in the current NASH drug hype

Attached: making it.png (1080x1920, 118K)

MRO is undervalued by about a buck fifty, if thats enough to consider it for you.

meh, very rarely do i buy individual stocks. they r completely trading vehicles, not for hodl

Attached: 1480462872017_IMG_20161126_172909.jpg (1920x1920, 267K)

Well yeah, why wouldn't they?
But you'll never see it coming.

thanks for the tip and for your service. Please quit and stop living off the gov't teet

Attached: yeti_rope_hat_1419410_3.jpg (738x640, 71K)

Shill me some good options

Attached: 1515606183831.jpg (480x639, 32K)

>Trump kickstarts a literal trade war
>markets still almost finish green

The golden bull rides on.

Hello everyone

Attached: 58AC6C20-A4EB-4E41-9778-0CD2E18EEA34.jpg (539x778, 99K)

Your image reminds me of every time I have ever been to walmart. Fat scooters ruined America.

>3d pig

*priced in*

Sorry about the livestream, tech is hard :'(

I found out some of my coworkers are living off the governments teet. They literally work full time and make good money for where I live, go on vaccations to china and all over, buy new cars, and they're on welfare! MY TAXES ARE SUPPORTING PEOPLE WHO HAVE MORE THAN I DO

K. What’s the nearest large city then.

Someone has to keep cocaine expensive m8

Based trumpy gives us these dips strategically to buy
Smart money knows whats going on

Attached: 1525189880805.jpg (1280x720, 118K)

>I found out some of my coworkers are living off the governments teet. They literally work full time and make good money for where I live, go on vaccations to china and all over, buy new cars, and they're on welfare! MY TAXES ARE SUPPORTING PEOPLE WHO HAVE MORE THAN I DO
Do they work for the government?

VZ working on 5G pro tip

Buy SVRA.

Even conservative estimates have it at mid-20s, which considering it's 14 dollars that's over 100%. And you can rely on a obscenely bullish $40 dollar call from Evercore to push the stock up more and more.

IT might even see 40, too, if the news from their June 20 exhibition is that good.

No, they get food stamps which is the government teet.

i'm not buying these anymore. stacking my paychecks since the end of march until the next 10 or more correction. pumped a lot in feb-may

Be in before August frend.

How do I get food stamps while I work full time? I want some

i'm basically fully invested. what i mean is that my shit continues to pump and i have stopped buying in biweekly. i'm going to stack my checks until there's a better opportunity.

I dont think you quite understand the implications of the golden bull sir

There isnt going to be another 10% correction, you had your chance in february, and now its gone

Attached: nextyear.png (430x291, 90K)

Fair question. All along the supply chain are delays and inefficiencies based off historical practice not logic. From supplier to consumer, there are contracts, bonds, transport costs etc which could all be seamless, paperless, and painless with block chain. I agree with their thoughts on this.

All of my military buddys claimed disability and get 500-2k per month for the rest of their lives

>the absolute state of incel posters
Reflecting on past action what cucks do
Who cares if me lost today ! Me win 2x tomorrow!

Attached: 1522468601223.gif (500x281, 854K)

Not going to lie ive made like ten times the money following wallstreetbets memes than stuff here but I like you guys more :(

DI policies are more important than anything. You can literally get it due being "mentally unwell" IE you are "stressed and can't work".

holdings up 21% ytd. breaking out the upper bollinger band. rsi over 70. surely they will at least correct to the midline if not under it at some point in the next months. if not and they continue to moon, that is a good problem to have an i will have an actual emergency fund of cash for once

I have made a Grave Error

Attached: 2018-06-15-173508_1057x344_scrot.png (1057x344, 37K)

Help me out why he sell

you get nothing because tomorrow saturday

Attached: smallspecs.png (442x596, 169K)

apple will put them out of buisness

Oh no they still work, get job preferences, involved in full contact sports, drive nice cars, and REEEEEEE if their disability check isn't in the mail on the first

Ya, you can get something called occupational disability. If you can't perform your CURRENT job, you get disability to cover the difference between it and your current one. anything from 0 to the moon. With tax hijinks you can make way more money.

how come getting into stocks is so much harder than crypto? and whenever i ask this noone ever answers me. how am i supposed to see where i can see every stock easily much like coinmarketcap

stop being fucking retarded!

What? Stocks are much easier/have way more resources than crypto

Harder in what sense?

>how come getting into stocks is so much harder than crypto?
Crypto is only easy because it's all a ponzi scheme, a literal guessing game of when you can get in and get out before the coming exit scam. Use google and investopedia and stop being lazy. Expect to take some losses in the beginning because you actually have to use your brain, unlike crypto.

>Giving you's to a troll

Attached: 1521249541197.png (425x448, 250K)

as a proud 5% shareholder of UVXY inc, my suggestion may come with somewhat of a bias, but i can assure you that it is nonetheless, very sound.

you see a lot of "low IQ" or "hihg IQ" shitposting around here. and thats all well and good for when times are good. but when times are tough, high IQ will not save you.
only HIGH TEST can save you.

thats where UVXY comes in.
you see, UVXY inc is the major player in the fear commoditization business. we thrive while others are suffering.

and the reason?
our fearless leader, CEO mike tyson is back in charge.

take a look at that chart. you see way back when? that was UVXYs IPO. $1M per share. that peak? when mike had to step down. the most recent run? mikes return to the market.

dont you see? its the most undervalued company in the world. tensions are high, fear is in the air, and the worlds leader in the fear sector is sitting at 99.9% down over the last few years.

its the most obvious buy in all of wallstreet.
BUY it and NEVER sell

Attached: b4ddb2c73a19171c760774b4dd4927019bb8826bd2a4132cff1a372f841575d0.png (1782x1069, 575K)

how am i trolling retarded anime poster. i dont understand how someone could get into stocks when opposite to crypto which the only thing you need to do is have one exchange which has all the coins you need to make money and coinmarketcap is an entire archive of all the coins there are on the market

i simply dont undertstand where something similar exists in stocks

i cant tell in this state of mind
anyone could take advantage of me right now

what the fuck is wrong with you

chill teh fuck out nigga

Why did everyone forget about NAK?

>pic
Suddenly I feel like I've seen you somewhere before.

Be wary user of bait.
You're going to need to answer the other questions.

Educate yourself, read the sticky, lurk, read some books. People don't mind giving advice but you are asking for a shortcut.

the reason its confusing to you is that its completely different

crypto is like a hybrid between weird OTC stocks, and forex. dont be surprised when absolutely none of the things you "know" from crypto are dangerously inapplicable.

to learn, read books. read investopedia. take a small amount and try your hand at it. there are more things that affect stocks prices, more things that support them, more utilities to trade them with and a number of other things you dont have. its also far bigger than the crypto market. and theres a LOT more moving pieces.

just read books

lel

Pls don't reveal sekrit identity

blahhaha

Attached: 1507583374337.jpg (420x408, 37K)

You want to see a list of every single stock on the entire exchange? Why? Use market scanners or trade companies or industries that you know a lot about.

It's not like coins where you buy a couple and expect them to moon and take over the entire market which is the retarded game that crypto plays. In the stock market it doesnt matter If a stock goes up, down, or sideways, you can make money on any and all movement if you can predict it or guess correctly. You could just trade a single stock your whole life and get massive gains on it without that stock growing or falling much at all. That's the beauty of it.

You're asking and somewhat raging doe someone to explain the stock market to you in a post on Jow Forums. No one is gonna spoonfeed you and judging by your attitude your probably not bright enough to be a successful trader so maybe you wanna go back to crypto threads and fomo-ing all your neetbucks away

VIX180822C00028000
T180622C00034000

Oh come on, how accurate can I be?

?

youre saying UVXY incs ER is gonna be a smash? thats what im thinking too. ill see you at the lambo dealership on the moon

Attached: 2bbd05a22f66e6d8cace53ec636c4614f1c5a27d96ea7324af1654f6bdb7e2ca.png (500x500, 13K)

Friend of mine did this. Bought a 400k house, both drives bmws. All while jobless in college.

Never seen any Dean's products then my store is filled with them overnight

Confirmed, buying Dean's on open Monday

Attached: DSC_0315.jpg (3840x2160, 3.26M)

Puts are also cheap af right now if you want some milk money before the panic.

Holy shit somebody with an actual brain. Why are you still posting on this cesspit? I suppose I could ask myself the same thing...

>Muh (insert crypto here) is the future!
>Muh ponzi scheme is the future!

Pic related, your average den/biz/en

Attached: average biz poster.jpg (480x360, 15K)

That's the VA loan for you.

It's a ridiculously good deal and you don't even have to have a down payment.

Attached: ECCDD5CB-94A3-4264-B688-2D46121061ED.jpg (3264x2448, 1.2M)

I wouldn't be investing in any stocks right now. Whether you are well read investor or not. Buying into things at their all time high is just common sense. Crypto crashed very quickly from it's all time high. Stock market is due for a long and painful correction. It just takes longer to fall from the all time high since it is such a well developed market.

we should include
khanacademy.org/economics-finance-domain
in the OP

Literally no way to tell whether a crash will occur any week or month from now or whether it'll happen 2 years from now. Don't time the market, faggot.

thoughts on GE? They have a pretty good div/yield

COMFYYYYYYYY

Attached: 1514226084145.png (349x254, 90K)

unironically what i doing
short bonds too over the weekend
oh, and metals

anything i miss? gonna reshort EMs monday too probably

on second thought I might've actually blundered into a pretty penny if the market poops itself like everyone's saying on monday