Daytrading addiction

I lose hundreds or thousands of dollars on terrible scalping daytrades, which ALWAYS move against me and I panic and close the trade, then redo it when it moves again.

I can sit all evening and piss away $2000 of solid hodl coins, then go to bed exhausted from the stress.

How can I kill myself?

Attached: cable guy 5.png (408x500, 346K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s1Le8jFCGsJF
marketwatch.com/story/a-9010-rule-that-protects-all-us-two-brain-investors-2014-04-12
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

STOP LOSS : NEVER

>STOP LOSS : NEVER

I do stop out of the trades, but then I jump back into themand do the same thing again.

I wipe out a week of gains in one evening. If I had just sat on my alts all this year I'd have 5x what I do now, and would be retiring.

rest in peace my dude

Choose one week now. Force yourself to open no positions for that week, not even papertrading just to see if you can do it. Change your desktop background, block whatever sites you decide are convinient for that week. Whenever you visit a blocked site, drop to the ground and do 10 push ups. During that week, spend some time writing about how many trades a day you want to open and under what circumstances you would stop trading and consider what are your personal needs.

Attached: 624564671.png (640x360, 286K)

I desperately want to but I'm balls deep in a low-volume shitcoin with a huge spread, that I can't get out of even if I tried
and my main hold (BNB) is coming to the end of its run.

I lost all the gains on it yesterday by trying to scalp. I bought high, sold low -EIGHT times in a few hours. at 1-2% loss each time

this sounds good.
Have some fucking restraint user.
Are you a slave to your addictions or will you rise above them!

When you have had your brake and feel like you can start trading again you will trade with a really small amount.

Maybe 1000 bucks or less. Now trade with that but only focus on the percentages not the actual money.
Write down every trade with all the details and the plan.
If you can trade that up to say 50% gain (without ever adding to the original money!).
Then perhaps you can try more money.

If you cant do the things above and you keep trading too much and losing too much money. You will have to face reality and quit trading because it is not for you.

Trading is a meme anyway, I've known it for years. You make money by identifying medium term winners and sitting in them until they work out. As was my brilliant plan this year, sadly ruined due to my problems.

Zoom out. Look at longer time scales so you can pick your entry points better, and be patient about when you enter. I use daily and hourly candles usually, and only go to shorter time scales when I am looking to exit. Also, don't buy pumps, they are pretty much designed to fuck you.

Why would you be trying to play around with 1-10% gains?
what is the point?
I’d understand if it went up 30 - 40% in a day any you want to cash out your gains but seriously.

I know all this, and I have planned excellent trades weeks or months in advance, but my execution is terrible since I found IDEX. I have been fixated upon total shitcoins like SNTR, PCL, etc and obsessed over them, huge fomo.
Distracting me from my solid gainers that just go up 10%/week reliably

I had a big stack and slow gainers were sufficient for me to Make It, but not any more. I've gambled away almost all of it.

Same here... Fuck it is annoying

I literally got bogged every single time I tried rrading the bart. I would put two orders so I could catch the bart in both directions, yet every single time this trade moved against me. Either it wicked to the other side before barting or it only half barted, or barted and then immediately reverse barted.

Better luck next time!
Learn some self control
You making retards like me money

Also if you feeling stress trading probably not 4u

Attached: 6b6cc161ca1e3a41f7bd8c03a5f072e9.png (1044x1400, 1.18M)

>I literally got bogged every single time I tried rrading the bart. I would put two orders so I could catch the bart in both directions, yet every single time this trade moved against me. Either it wicked to the other side before barting or it only half barted, or barted and then immediately reverse barted.

We can't beat Them, mate.

listen to this: vocaroo.com/i/s1Le8jFCGsJF

Then stop trading.
And go find something more useful to do.

Attached: 232323.jpg (225x225, 7K)

So what is your strategy then?

Yeah I found out the hard way. Lost almost 1000 to those trades

>Lost almost 1000 to those trades

I am down abot $200,000

$30,000 in one week.

each move against you increases the chances of getting a correction in favor of your position. just make sure you ladder your buys so you can take a few moves before you're all in. and adjust your take profit target.

take your $2000 and only use $1000 to open a position. if it goes your way, great, take your profit. if it goes against you, add the other $1000 to your position at the extreme of the move against you. then take profit on the correction. maybe you'd wait for a 1% profit on your initial $1000 position, but you'll take %0.5 on your $2000 position, 0.25% if you get to a $4000 one, etc.

use stop losses to trail your profitable positions and let them run as far as they'll go. dont use them to get stopped out of improving your position at the first move against you.

>vocaroo.com/i/s1Le8jFCGsJF
>Then stop trading.
>And go find something more useful to do.

Fuck that is all so true.

>what's your strategy then
Absolutely cuck question

It more about mental state. Me make sure impulse for but / sell not driven by memes !

Attached: 1da8e54b358416602e496eea2443e1da.jpg (991x1400, 123K)

NEVER DAYTRADE COINS WITH UNDER 4000ETH DAILY VOLUME! NO, NO IT HAD 7000ETH DAILY VOLUME 3 WEEKS AGO ON LISTING PUMP.

ONLY DAYTRADE COINS WITH STEADY 4K PLUS ETH VOLUME

WARNING:

----->>
--->>

ONLY DAYTRADE
>-------->>>>>

COINS
WITH

>>

ETH

DAILY VOLUME

Here's how you fix your problem. Never short anything, ever. Never trade with leverage. Only by fast, sharp dips. Basically the only guarantee in trading is that fast/panic dips produce a bounce. Don't be greedy and take profits quickly. You can find tons of 5 to 20% trades with very low chances of losing (almost impossible if you go in with panic and layer down). Also, don't take trades because you are bored.

>I can sit all evening and piss away $2000 of solid hodl coins

Why would you panic sell if you think they're solid hodl coins? Just don't sell at a loss.

>Why would you panic sell if you think they're solid hodl coins?

Why, indeed, buddy. Gambling addiction and panicked by small-timeframe moves. Buy high, sell low, repeat.

BNB is at end of run? Whaat?

>BNB is at end of run? Whaat?

Pretty much, it's gone for 4 weeks now, weakening. They'll dump it really early this time around.

3D chess, mate.

if you are bleeding money why do you even pretend to know what is going on

just stop trading, you clearly don't know what the fuck you are doing

h-how do you keep your mental state prime?

Try trading with 1/10 of the amounts you're currently trading with.

>Try trading with 1/10 of the amounts you're currently trading with.

Yea, that's my problem basically, I put 10% in reliable gainers and gamble with 90%. Then I make big losses and need to gamble harder and harder, always thinking "if this 2x's then I'll be back where I was" etc.

Meanwhile, my solid gainers quietly 2x without me ever checking them. The dream is to go back to just holding coins and checking price once a week or less. That's how I used to be, once. Very calm.

I'm down to 25k after a 250k high and 35 initial. I've lost 25k in just the past two weeks, all from shitcoin gambles. As recently as last night and this morning, I lost a lot BNB by trying to time short term noise, and also put 25 eth into a very risk idex play, which may never come good.

You should really head over to Bitmex and do some leverage trading.

stop over-trading and learn to walk away you fucking goof.

Yea I don't know what to say man. I don't know why you'd sell something like BNB at a loss when it's almost a guarantee that it will come back up if you just wait a little bit.

post pic of your last trades and you'll get legit advice

I fell for the HODL-meme and HODLed all the way from around 7k to 20k and then back to 7k. Realized HODLing is a retarded meme and started just trading solid HODL coins without a stop loss.

>Realized HODLing is a retarded meme and started just trading solid HODL coins without a stop loss.

medium term hodling is great, for example my plan was to all-in TRON before mainnet (that was a 2x) and similar things like that.

What kind of "trading" do you do with hodl coins? I just get wrecked, they move against me and maybe never come back down.

I don't want to trade anyway, I hate it, it destroys me emotionally and has melted my brain. I cannot sleep or think about anything else. I held btc from 2013 without thinking about it more than once a month and that was very peaceful.

Yea, I don't really "daytrade" either. More like every couple of days to a week. With something like BIX or BNB it's been really easy lately to just buy the dips and sell the pumps. If you just HODLed those you'd make way less money.

you still need a strategy or it is 100% gambling

>If you just HODLed those you'd make way less money.

Well, I have tried buying and selling BNB and I just end up losing out, sadly. I'm not cut out for it at all, I burn a week's profit on a single bad trade. I have to just hodl but things are looking dire for bitcoin currently so everything is dumping relative to tether.

Should have just tethered weeks ago, desu

>I don't want to trade anyway, I hate it, it destroys me emotionally and has melted my brain. I cannot sleep or think about anything else. I held btc from 2013 without thinking about it more than once a month and that was very peaceful.
this is true. 2017 really fucked with me and got me addicted when earlier it was just peaceful holding

>2017 really fucked with me and got me addicted when earlier it was just peaceful holding

So true. I was so calm and happy until November, then kind of anxious but then an absolute wreck since February. I've lost my job, gf, hobbies, spend all my time panicking over charts going wrong. Things pumping when I'm not in them, things dumping when I am.

I've traded away a full 60k in about four weeks, always having to cut losses after fomoing into a pump.

I still think you're just trading with too big positions. Just try something ridiculously small like 1-5 BNB. If you still end up panic selling you should stop completely.

>If you still end up panic selling you should stop completely.

Yes, ideally. I don't want to waste my life any more playing highly stressful computer games. What's the point in trading such small amounts, anyway, to make a few $, when one could just sit full stack and make 5k/week doing nothing on it?

Day trading is a fucking horror and destroys one's life.

This is how all great traders made. You are learning that you need to be absolutely precise in all things you do. Where is your spreadsheet recording every single trade you've made? Where are your risk/reward models? What timeframe are you operating at?

Right now you are literally just gambling and probably have a slight addiction from early wins. But now you're fucked unless you wake up.

Slight addiction? ABSOLUTELY COMPULSIVE

I just make random as fuck plays on binance all evening and spend $1000 in losses, then go to bed emotionally fucking exhausted. I hate it. Trading is a meme, a joke, one can't beat the market, I am convinced. Yet I try, over and over, instead of sitting in a reliable coin. Right now I have a tough decision to make - cut bags on a shitcoin, at 20% loss? Or hold on and pray it recovers?

Yes you can. Patience and a set of basic rules that you NEVER break.

>Yes you can. Patience and a set of basic rules that you NEVER break.

It still underperforms holding, desu. Who the fuck has got 40% stack in the last few weeks, from trading? No one. But if you just held BNB you could have got that.

Highly predictable gainer.

Or, holding Tron in April in the mainnet pump - obvious 2x there, for whole stack if you wanted.

But who is going to go ALL IN on their entire stack on 1 coin? That is one of the ten commandments you never break.

lmao wtf are you talking? "you try"
You aren't fucking trying you're just gambling. literally a monkey could do what you are doing, just pushing buttons.

Pretty safe bet on top coins with a big event coming up, in a bullish time. All in on Tron in early April was the most obvious play. I, sadly, talked about it a lot but didn't commit - only went in partially and kept selling bits out to fomo into other shite.

Could have just gone through with my plan, set a sell at 950 and walked away. That's how to live.

Look, I'm not the guy who posted he's getting killed in daytrading. You can absolutely daytrade successfully, but you need to buy only when the % chance is highly skewed in your favor. Breakout trading, shorting, and other TA just doesn't reliably give you that. And regardless of the situation, never go all in on a single trade. I don't care what the news is.

some surprisingly solid advice in this threat

go to a low volume high spread exchange, preferably with no API, it's literally printing money if you can tri arb by hand quickly

>All in
y tho'

Which do you think is solid?

half position every time, forcing you to trade with less money on each closing trade, while still enjoying the % rush

>spreadsheet
>recording every single trade
>risk reward models
hope you're fucking joking m8. this is crypto not stocks

hope you're joking mate

Sorry but you are not "trading", you are doing random buying and selling. If you totally dismiss strategy, risk management or so on that ALL TRADERS say is the rules to NEVER Break, you show no interest to learn or improve.

Read trading in the zone and the poker mindset to improve your mind skills.

>each move against you increases the chances of getting a correction in favor of your position.

>NEVER DAYTRADE COINS WITH UNDER 4000ETH DAILY VOLUME!

>Basically the only guarantee in trading is that fast/panic dips produce a bounce.

yeah holding worked SO good the last fucking 7 months. THat's a stupid fucking meme from 20 year old kids without skills

you have no patience man. Look at the all-time high for the day and then all time lows. Its going to move in between that in a days span. stop trying to make trade happen in a very short amount of time

You just did not get lucky enough.
You have a chance to make it to the great hodl of 2018 though.

Attached: 34567.png (1000x657, 222K)

>f
nice colors

>Sorry but you are not "trading", you are doing random buying and selling. If you totally dismiss strategy, risk management or so on that ALL TRADERS say is the rules to NEVER Break, you show no interest to learn or improve.

No shit, that's exactly what I said. I have SERIOUS gambling problem. I don't want to "keep trading but honestly try to do it better", I want to fucking stop. I would be up 15x from here if I had just held my original bitcoin and never fucking touched a scummy piece of alt shit. Fuck, I swore not to get into alts, after 2013 losses on them. But I was tempted in December and that was that.

Ok, read this marketwatch.com/story/a-9010-rule-that-protects-all-us-two-brain-investors-2014-04-12

Cash out 90% right now and trade with the rest and never touch the other part

first rule. always hold. b/c fundamentals don't change they just get stronger.

>Cash out 90% right now

Sadly I am well below my initial investment so can't bring myself to do so. Two weeks ago I may have done that.

this is your problem, you still hope for that "last push" so you can sell. Just do it NOW and make your brain relax

>you still hope for that "last push" so you can sell

True - well I have targets in mind but I never hit them. I don't think my brain would relax if I sold - crypto would continue without me and I would somehow hear about prices. If things went up without me, i would feel pretty bad. In fact, FOMO is biggest problem and is what gets me into pumps and such. I have turned my car around in a blind FOMO panic, rushed home to throw 20k at some random pumping shitcoin, which then dumps on me.

Absolutely no self control, the anxiety/FOMO overtakes me and I only get calm again by buying.

Tell me what situation you are in (your entry price, coin, etc.) and I will give you the best good faith advice I can.

What's keeping you from recouping your investment with a smaller yet safer amount? You already have one that's doing well.
>Absolutely no self control, the anxiety/FOMO overtakes me and I only get calm again by buying.
As someone with an addiction, I don't necessarily have the same feelings but I can relate to getting roped back in. I would suggest the cold turkey approach and doing something else for a few hours or sleeping, and then move on from there. Hasn’t always worked and I haven't permanently succeeded, but it’s the most effective for me so far.

>So true. I was so calm and happy until November, then kind of anxious but then an absolute wreck since February. I've lost my job, gf, hobbies, spend all my time panicking over charts going wrong. Things pumping when I'm not in them, things dumping when I am.
You are not alone user. I really can identify my own situation in your posts. I lost a lot tol, the 1000 i mentioned was only from bart trading. I quit my job and dropped out of my masters program, nearly lost my gf and all other fucked up things as well

>Fuck, I swore not to get into alts, after 2013 losses on them
I also did this. I literally fucking bought the top on both litecoint 50 and fucking quarkcoin or whatever that shitcoin was in 2013/14

prove it larping faggot

>literally buy high, sell low
You are a true bizlet. Consider this: when you want to buy, sell, and vice versa. 1M EOY

>I also did this. I literally fucking bought the top on both litecoint 50 and fucking quarkcoin or whatever that shitcoin was in 2013/14

kek, yea same with quark. I lost just about 20% of my stack then and swore "trading" was dumb as fuck, so I locked my btc away for four years. Came back, initially very happy and just watched th eprice, then I Started going on forums etc, where pajeets with $100 portfs shilled me this and that, and before I know it I'm neck deep in utter crap.

As a result, I now have half the btc but with over 10x as much fiat pumped in prop me up.

If I had just held my original bitcoin, eh?....

fuck.

>Came back, initially very happy and just watched th eprice, then I Started going on forums etc, where pajeets with $100 portfs shilled me this and that, and before I know it I'm neck deep in utter crap.
Why would you listen to them?

>Why would you listen to them?

Because they were making 10x gains, 100x gains... while I had a measly 5x

I was eventually convinced. My portfolio become 100% bitcoin, 95%,.... down to 0%, and 100% alts. Things got much worse in April/May when I discovered idex shitcoins, that's where I really lost the money. $20,000 dumped on there in two weeks while fucking BNB pumps neatly every day.

>Because they were making 10x gains, 100x gains... while I had a measly 5x
>I was eventually convinced.
What did it take to convince you? Simply showing how well were they doing? Did they show you how they did it, if it was reproducible, and if they even understood it?

Read Trading in the zone ~mark douglas

and l2TA

Stop trying to recoup losses. Everyone has losses. If you don't learn to how to deal with it, your ego will destroy you.

>tfw make a bot to farm bat by watching ads while i wagecuck

>What did it take to convince you? Simply showing how well were they doing? Did they show you how they did it, if it was reproducible, and if they even understood it?

It was all dumb luck last year, wasn't it. You just buy an alt, it goes up 10x. Simple as that. None of them were "doing" anything except buying and then maybe, if they were lucky, selling before the crash.

There's no strategy, IMO, that can beat the market reliably. You ride up bull runs and let them take you, and then lock down in bear and don't gamble like I do. But I am a fucking idiot, basically, and never wanted to tether even in jan when I KNEW shit was collapsing, and badly. I was preaching it everywhere - the sky is falling! - but I never did anything about it.

Here's how to earn a decent income daytrading, make it mind numbingly boring and pointless. And by decent I mean I hope you really like eating ramen.

Attached: 363246267.jpg (600x600, 48K)

I day trade while iwork 12 he shifts have sometimrs a few hours if i do my work fast. Trade low volume coins with big spreads on kucoin sometimes you can hit off a solid 10% trade ezpz. Right now swing trading jnt on bibox. That sitr has a systrm where it usrs bots to artificially make volume. I usuaply trade with 50% of my stack and try to swing for 1-2% each trade. I have around a 95% positive trade record so far. Sometimes take some liquid shit i have and put it for a low srll order and some coins put high sell order and adjust those over the day to catch spikes

Pretty lucky, you use stop losses or just hope it doesn't jump against you?

No stop losses jnt is pretty stable, relatively, there have been times where i would have bought bsck in for a loss but i get tied up testing stuff for a few hours by that time it maybe goes down a bit so i shake off the fomo buying. Im pretty decent at catching good sell prices but not so good at buying back in im kind of a pussy i buy back usually obly slightly lower than i sold for but sometimes i can get a few trades off a day and making 3-4% a day is pretty significant. I trade a lot better in bear markets though its almost guarenteed to go down so yoi can build up your stacl real nice for when the market turns around. Having said all thay though, if i had sold when i was peaking then bought back after it crashes id still make significantly more than just safe swinging

>Because they were making 10x gains, 100x gains... while I had a measly 5x
Yeah, they really got to me too all these faggots who 100x'd their money in 2 months, fucking lucky assholes.
Luckily I always kept 30-40% btc (down from 100%) so didn't get completely justed

just be yourself

>What did it take to convince you?
Do you know how fucking bad it feels when you have been holding literally for 4 years, genuinely interested in bitcoin and got through the emotional rollercoater shitshow that was 2014 crash and bear market

Only to have some fucking 80 iq "i dont care about crypto at all I just want money" pajeet come in and get extremely lucky a few shitcoins in a row and basically in 2 months make 5-10x more than you did all this time, and then come bragging about it on biz

>Do you know how fucking bad it feels when you have been holding literally for 4 years, genuinely interested in bitcoin and got through the emotional rollercoater shitshow that was 2014 crash and bear market
>Only to have some fucking 80 iq "i dont care about crypto at all I just want money" pajeet come in and get extremely lucky a few shitcoins in a row and basically in 2 months make 5-10x more than you did all this time, and then come bragging about it on biz

And then, to finally join in the shitshow and lose all of what you so carefully hodled for four fucking years?

Fucking hell.

tbf I have had every chance to recoup my losses this year, but my shitcoin gambling has ruined that for me.

feelsfuckingbadman

I only got on this january but ive had a lot more luck swinging compared to holding. I started with 150 then swung up to 1k in a week then lost it all in a pump and dump. I bought one of those bots that trades for you but i just never used it just didnt take time to set it up. Id recommend just take maybe $100 put it into something that doesnt have crazy volume but enough to give some hills and valleys then try building up your stack bit by bit. Different exchanges have different styles and algorithms for their trades to go through. Personally i never trade binance and just trade on kucoi and bibox i have an account on basically every exchange but never really use anything more unless i want to buy some rare shit. Once you trade that coin enough you get a sensr of its typical value then over a week you can get a feeling if its over valued. I also use stochrsi bollinger bands ema stuff like that. I also got into ta for fun and try to count elliot waves and shit but who knows when someonr can spend 1k and pump the price 20% right

1. Odds are they're lying. They bought high and then when their bags get heavy they start shilling. And the best way is to get people like you jealous.
2. If they're gambling like that, they got rekt just like you two did, perhaps even worse.

I guess you are right. Made me feel better, thanks

Partly this but also when people tell you about how much they made they almost never include how much they lost and all their mistakes not to mention that they are a small vocal mostly bullshit minority of people

I just thank god every day that im not John McAfee