This man is the embodiment of Biz

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timothy_Dexter
A business man that reminds me you fags

Attached: Timothy_Dexter.jpg (335x400, 29K)

He made a fortune off of useless currencies

kek what a madman eh was
thanks user

lmfao this guy is literally us

An excerpt from his book:

"IME the first Lord in the younited States of A mericary Now of Newburyport it is the voise of the peopel and I cant Help it and so Let it goue Now as I must be Lord there will foller many more Lords pretty soune for it dont hurt A Cat Nor the mouse Nor the son Nor the water Nor the Eare then goue on all is Easey Now bons broaken all is well all in Love Now I be gin to Lay the corner ston and the kee ston with grat Remembrence of my father Jorge Washington the grate herow 17 sentreys past before we found so good a father to his shildren and Now gone to Rest"

sounds like one of us

he was barely literate

what a legend

Attached: 1520807857919.jpg (585x501, 41K)

>he was barely literate
what the fuck does that mean?

he was the luckiest man ever

kek thanks for the read OP

lmao, thanks for sharing this

Great find, OP. This man's pic needs to be stickied at the top of every page of Jow Forums.

>People jokingly told him to "ship coal to Newcastle". He did so during a miners' strike at the time, and his cargo was sold at a premium.

>In one notable episode, Dexter faked his own death to see how people would react. About 3,000 people attended Dexter's mock wake. Dexter did not see his wife cry, and after he revealed the hoax, he caned her for not grieving his death sufficiently.

Attached: 17n1kj.jpg (475x356, 29K)

50% citation needed and 50% one source called "The World's Greatest Cranks and Crackpots". Entertaining work of fiction, I guess.

kek

Most famously, in imitation of the King of England, Dexter hired his own poet laureate -- a hapless 20 year-old who he’d found in the market, selling halibut from a wheelbarrow. After learning that the great Italian poets were crowned with mistletoe, Dexter concocted his new lyricist a coronet of parsley (the only thing he had in his garden at the moment), and forced him to write and recite fawning poems that boosted his own self esteem

>faked his own death
This is us everytime the market crashes a few percent, Topkek.
He was /ourguy/, he must not be forgotten.

Attached: ScreenShot2015-01-08at11.56.55AM.png (527x387, 326K)

>In the second edition, Dexter added an extra page which consisted of 13 lines of punctuation marks with the instructions that readers could distribute them as they pleased.
Holy kek

This

Attached: rofl.gif (250x188, 1.01M)

Attached: 1508594553018.png (459x612, 533K)