Mcjob

How many of you guys actually work at McDonalds?

Attached: 2615E31D-AE76-4DA5-BF49-12ABB63E75E1.jpg (2475x1393, 658K)

I worked at Burger King for a while.

Even worse, I'm a graduate student

Before applying to fast food I will kms.

literally unemployable. so sorry for you, user

How was it user

Attached: C5C403A0-AF5C-4C12-9D7C-F972A89A24DC.png (531x362, 307K)

I'm undergraduate student and I work as a line cook in the local restaurant, thought don't have any student loans on me.

I have a high school education and I make 100k a year. No skills, no real talent to speak of. I don't think I would even qualify to flip burgers. I don't fucking know how to do that lel

how do you do it?

Back in my day, flipping burgers was a respectable job for young folks. Now like 16 year old boomers think min wage jobs are "beneath" them.

Even worse, gas attendant
Flunked out of engineering at one of the country’s top schools
No clue what my next move is

Trade school an option?

How does it feel knowing I barely passed highschool and I'm now a wearhouse manager at 25.

I found a way I could provide value to a business. Think logically user. How much value can you create for a business? Can they benefit from your good decision making skills? Find a company who can benefit from you.

not really. I am in physics research and work as a working student while finishing my bachelor thesis.
kek at everyone getting fucked by McD

well at least kids at mcdonalds are still young and hopeful
what good is a decent job if you're getting old

kudos to you, kek

>wearhouse

why the fuck did you think that flipping burger was respectable back in the time?

>No skills
>good decision making skills

>pick one

Because it was work m8. Useful work. It's better than most of you degenates do

he's trained in gorilla warfare too

I want to torture all boomers that tell people to get a job but then talk down to retail workers

It is respectable why do you have this elitist approach in life

Not a spelling manager that's for sure.

party store, retail

Attached: 1527928862660.png (924x985, 457K)

that isnt true, I live in silicon valley and plenty of white boys bag groceries or lifeguard during summer, one kid i am working with is 15 and just put in a 40 hour week

Guessing it sucked? Lol

What made it respectable were the working conditions, they have markedly deteriorated in the past 20 years.

A job isn't respectable because of what the person does, but how they get treated at work.

Whats the hierarchy?
Starbucks > Wendy's > Burger King > Mcdonalds > Tim Hortons > Wallmart?

Chikfila would probably be at the top
Starbucks has too much sjw bs

I did for a year. It was pretty chill.
I was a beta back then though so I never hit on the yummy mummy cashier that, thinking back now, clearly wanted to get COLONIZED
Don't make my mistake anons

I'd rather work at a big Walmart store than fast food

Cmon Charlie...stop posting here

Attached: 7EFDA59F-711D-41FE-85B9-8D99BA346515.jpg (1200x1200, 160K)

I used to work for them and was up for promotion when i left last year.

How much do you make annually?

If you're serious, that's nothing to be proud of.

worked at carls jr
it was pretty good desu liked my crew but yeah lunch rush was always hell

How was it?
Was it as bad as everyone makes it seem?
Did you do it while you went to college

no it sucks

Attached: 30572026_572990896420343_6203436752711974912_n.png (320x374, 126K)

As a former McDonald's worker, let me clear up some of the confusion you may have about McD workers:

1. We don't "flip" burgers. Literally everything is set on a timer. You put a burger on an electric metal grill, press the two buttons at the bottom, and a giant metal block with a cooking pad on it comes down and squishes the burger between it and the metal grill. When the timer hits zero, the metal block goes up, and the grill automatically turns off. This makes it virtually impossible to burn the burger unless you are a complete and total retard.
2. Premium meat items are expensive. McD's barely makes any money on Big Macs, Artisan Chicken Sandwiches, etc. All the money is made on the drinks and fries. McD's barely has to pay a cent per ounce of soda you get and barely 2 cents per ounce of fries. If you pay $2 for a small fry, McD's only had to pay about 8 cents for it (4 cents for the fries and 4 cents for the wrapper). Of course, the oil is expensive, so that adds another few cents for the oil the fries absorb and 1-2 cents for the energy used to cook them. So, all-in-all, a small fry costs about 14 cents for McD's to produce. A box for the medium and large fries costs a couple cents more.

The cost for a 16 ounce drink can vary depending on the drink, but it's usually costs McD's between 20 and 25 cents. Honestly, the drink price should come as no surprise since you can easily buy 96 oz. off-brand soda at dollar places very easily, but it's surprising that people don't know how much fries cost.

3. The easiest area of the store to work in during a rush is backdrive, aka the order-taking station for the drive-thru. Some small stores don't have these. The absolute worst place to work during a rush is expediting, which means getting the orders for drive-thru and occasionally the front counter. If it's really busy, this can be a nightmare as customers constantly want free gibs and will complain about everything possible. [CONTINUED]

Some customers will order items that take 7+ minutes to cook, and when you try to park them (ask them to pull off to the side until their item is finished and we'll bring it out to them), they refuse, completely holding up the line. There are thousands of bad drive-thru stories that could take up books worth of time.

4. The customers you deal with can make or break your experience. Some stores aren't too bad, and you can actually make a fun group of friends. Other stores have such a ridiculously high turnover rate that it's impossible. One store I worked at had a 100% basic worker turnover in 4 months. This means if you started in January, by April, every single worker you were with (excluding managers) had left, so you were with all-new people. This kind of work environment combined with bad customers can easily drive someone crazy.

5. Back in the 90s and before, the majority of McD's jobs were taken by teenagers looking for a job. Nowadays, the majority of McD's jobs are actually middle aged people working there because they have nowhere else to go. This is why so many teenagers aren't working anymore because they simply cannot compete with those middle aged people coming in.

Most people who work at McD's don't learn too much about it, but if you're there long enough, you get to learn how deep the rabbit hole goes. Highly malnutritious food, ripping customers off, dust mites in the ice of their soft drinks, high fructose corn syrup and other bad ingredients, etc. Eventually, your pain doesn't come from working there, but it affects you at a subconscious level that you have no control over.

The memes on Jow Forums only scratch the surface, because the memes on Jow Forums only depict what those think goes on at McD's. The burger flipping notion is the most common misconception.

me too like 3 months.

Worked there a nightshift janitor/maintenance guy for a bit. Pay wasn't terrible for a summer job, and the fact that I worked nightshift and it was in a small town meant I barely had to interact with anybody.

how are they ripping me off when I only eat bigmac, dcb or fish?

I feel like I'm ripping of the entire world when I buy a bigmac for a coin desu

How much are you paying for a Big Mac where you live?

I barely passed highschool then I yolo'd into a shitty university and now I'm a research engineer on autonomous vehicle applications at 24yrs old. School doesn't define intellectual capacity it only strongly indicates how much shit you are willing to handle.

>Picture is how I feel everyday around some of the smartest autists around.

Attached: Gy0lbzk.png (610x330, 259K)

Thanks for the insight. I'm lucky enough to have never had to work fast food or other low-level retail jobs.
What items would you advise a consumer to never get at McDonalds? I think I read somewhere that the McCafe machine is never cleaned. And how do you feel when a customer asks for their fountain drink to not have any ice?

Attached: 1527605591923.jpg (310x163, 14K)

It used to be 2€ in Slovenia, recently they raised it to 2.20€ I think, but you can still get it cheaper with coupons or on special days

BK was kind of similar. They shot for 15% profit by the end of the night.

Horror story ish but with a little revenge

>One night its kind of slow at my store, so I get asked if I will use my car to take buns over to another store like 15 minutes away.
>So when I get back resume working only to be told 30 minutes later that the manager had clocked me out.
>Later I had it out with her and told her that wasnt cool.. she never fixed it
>She started having an attitude towards me and I finally up and quit.

>I run into her 10 years later and now she is working at a wendys.
>I made that 15 minutes of ordering absolute hell for her and kept sending the food back and finally got a manager there and told him that she was purposely screwing up my order ect.

>I returned 3 more times in the next 2 weeks to try and do it again but never saw her again.

If you have no choice but to go to McDonald's because there's no other place to go for miles, actually spend some money and buy the highest quality items possible. Artisan Chicken Sandwich, Angus Burger (if they don't carry it, Quarter Pounder), a Chicken Salad (surprisingly high quality), etc. Buying cheap crap like Chicken Nuggets or a McChicken will get you what you paid for: Cheap crap.

At the place I worked at, those who dined-in got their own drinks, and we had an automated drink station for the drive-thru. The really annoying people are the ones who ask for LIGHT ice. Yeah, they exist, and there is NO way to please them. For that, we'd ring up the drink as no ice, dump out some of the drink, and put in a couple ice cubes.

Oh, didn't know you were there. By comparison, how much does a McDouble cost?

Also I worked at McCucks for 4 years in between school it's actually good life motivation because you can see how bad it can be if you don't try at anything ever

That story doesn't add up. If you went to deliver buns then come back working, that would imply that you still had time left on your shift. How could the manager have clocked you out if your shift wasn't over with yet?

Nigga said WORK!

exactly, its illegal and it pissed me off I went there on my shift, it wasnt an act of kindness or anything on my part I expected to be paid for it..... but being a dumb 16 year old I couldnt do much about it.

Damn, 10-piece McNuggets with large fries is my favorite menu item.. I get it once or twice a month after a really hard day at work.

star = star of david. bucks = money for the jews.

it's 2€ now

tfw a big mac meal is starting to cost almost 10$
15 cents for the fries
a couple of cents for the drink
how deep does the hole go user?

Attached: 1519011160972.gif (280x358, 2.53M)

To be fair, I also at a lot of junk while I was there. Tasty food is a great way to make you forget about things, and when you're young, your body filters it out pretty efficiently, but when you get older, you can die trying to live on that stuff.

Yeah, that literally doesn't make any sense. Delivering buns with your car is the same thing as actually being at work. That's like being in the middle of your shift in the drive-thru, then you get told "by the way we clocked you out 30 minutes ago just go home :^)" which is HIGHLY illegal. You could have sued them for thousands of dollars easily for what they would have done. Of course, since you were 16 and in school, you were pretty much screwed, so it's a good thing you quit.

So it's 2€ for a McDouble and only 2.20€ for a Big Mac? In that case, where you live, that's a pretty good deal. In the United States, it costs $1.75 to $2 for a McDouble and $4 to $5 for a Big Mac. If you realize that a Big Mac is just an upgraded McDouble, you can understand how big of a rip-off that is.

it was a good life lesson, another good lesson I learned there was that if I didnt buckle down I was gonna end up like my co workers most had 2 jobs, one of them worked BK and carls jr.. I saw that man break down crying one day.

Yep I agree. Big Mac is priced very fair here. And to my taste it's also a bit better than in the US (the bread is different), but you would probably feel the opposite.

back in your boomer days flipping burgers was a chit chat job at a local diner for nearly 40k in wages in today's money.

Now it's quicktime events in a sweltering hellhole for 15k a year.

Who else unironically /enjoyedretail/? If you’re young and work with cuties it can be fun.

Attached: 2F915781-ECC6-4176-97A5-B4D69CAD8B3B.jpg (2400x2400, 890K)

I have a full beard and hairy chest and her arms are hairier than mine

Working retail in highschool taught me the importance of not coasting in life.

That was the one nice thing about it being a teenager and hanging out with other people my age while dicking around.

worked at a wendy's in highschool. flipping burgers. the fumes coming off the grill made me vomit green bile. i quit.

it paid $5.40/hour (this was 20 years ago)

Dust mites in the ice? Is this very common?

They're in every single ice maker and ice holder in every single fast food restaurant. It's completely unavoidable, although harmless.

If it wasn't for a few reasons I'd rather work at McDonald's than my current office job.

One of my leaf friends just got a job there. He was working at a bank before that and has a degree in finance so his education sure is helping.

Show us ya
Github

Shift manager gang

Worked at Dominos for a bit, was pretty chill outside of peak lunch hours. We would get free pizza all the time too due to order/delivery/customer fuckery.

checked.

true story, i worked at a mcdonalds for literally 1 day.
i never came back it was that bad.
i have no idea how they even keep ppl hired at those places