Why generally speaking Americans are big heritagefags compare to Australians and Leafs?

Why generally speaking Americans are big heritagefags compare to Australians and Leafs?

Attached: yank grill.jpg (800x964, 334K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/84LnTrQ2us8
youtu.be/SA7hX-04iTo
youtu.be/_7OxepMSGLE
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scandinavia
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

In Canada it's the same, and in Australia most people are British

Europeans are the real heritagefags. It seems like every other European city doesn’t let you build higher than 10 stories so as to not overshadow “muh old cathedrals n shieeeee”. Not to mention, all your tourism is heritagefagging.

That's not heritagefagging, that's just based

Because most in canz are just anglos and therefore have no need to feel insecure

Americans threw away their national identity with Britain. After the American identity died with the industry revolution, people started identifying with their most recent migrant ancestors as a way to have some kind of identity. Meanwhile, Canada, Australia, NZ, etc. never made a big deal about separating from being British.

It's more like there's no heritage fagging because it's just assumed. If you're white people are automatically gonna assume your ancestors are from UK/France, thus eliminating the need to ask/tell.

How is that not hertagefagging?

Canada also has about 2/3 of the germans the us has
In their case they probably just get overshadowed by the french canadians

Attached: Screenshot_20181118-235449~2.png (694x1857, 147K)

>German math
>German education

American ancestry dna commercial
youtu.be/84LnTrQ2us8
Canadian ancestry dna commercial
youtu.be/SA7hX-04iTo

I have seen a lot of Americans larping as Irish or Italian and pretending it gives them superpowers, I have never met a Canadian doing it.
That said, I'm from the red part of the map (in fact I'm from the only province that's entirely red) where everyone is Canadian so it might be different in other parts of Canada.
67.4% of Australians are of British Isles ancestry. In Canada it's over 70% that are of British or French ancestry

You do realize the usa has 10x as many people as canada

Forgot map

Attached: Censusdivisions-ethnic.png (1388x1214, 89K)

numbers are actually lower than i would’ve thought. Where are the rest from? asia?

I think Canadians and Australians who aren't the standard Anglo-Saxon heritage are equally likely to be heritage fags as similar Americans
It is just less common in Australia, where most are Anglos
For example in the US, WASP types don't do any muh heritaging, instead identifying themselves simply as "American"

Attached: 2000px-Census-2000-Data-Top-US-Ancestries-by-County.svg[1].png (2000x1483, 1.2M)

what value is your experiences, really?

>Canada also has about 2/3 of the germans the us has
Idiot

I thought it was obvious i was talking %

as a % of pop

Those Germans aren't Germans, it's based on self-reported data and it's been proven wrong. In one of the biggest DNA studies ever conducted, published January 2015 in the American Journal of Human Genetics, it was found that British/Irish ancestry makes up a majority of European ancestry in America and is found at mean proportions of 20% in each state. This is also supported by demographic data that saw unaccountable levels of self-reported British ancestry decline and German increase. The study goes on to say that of the around 45 million Americans who claim predominantlyGermanic ancestry, only around 16 million actually are predominately German. Making actual German-Americans more rare by far than even black Americans.
People lie or get confused but DNA doesn't

Wtf is with all the bullshit that pops up in the American video
They are acting like this guy is related to James IV and the Stewart family?
Seems a bit exagerated

This is stupid, why do you have Finnish in that list even thought Finns doesn't make even top 10 European Heritages? No Poles or Scots either.

>Why generally speaking Americans are big heritagefags compare to Australians and Leafs?

The reason is that Canadians and Australians actually were mostly British/French. Americans on the other hand weren't for the most part. Some of their immigrant groups like the Germans got their whole heritage wiped out by interventionist and assimilating policies of their federal government. That's why they feel this faint sensation of rootless and innate inadequacy.

Yes, first nations and Asians, mostly Chinese and South Asian. We have a sizeable amount of Germans, Italians, and Slavs too out west.

OK but then why do 29 million americans pretend they are German?

It's people "with German ancestry." They're probably only 1/2 German on average if not less.

>This is also supported by demographic data that saw unaccountable levels of self-reported British ancestry decline and German increase.

I see this coming up a lot and it doesn't mean anything. This is just an expression of the declining stigma attached to German heritage in the US after the war.

>compare to Australians
theres plenty of heritagefags here

The map is by most common by county
Poles and Scots are not the most common in any county thus they are not in the key
Finns are concentrated in Upper Peninsula of Michigan and thus are most common heritage there

Americans smell like poo

Thank you for representing my flag. You make us all look really smart. Thank you again.

it's by county majority so some counties settled by finns even if it's only 10,000 people in the whole area is still majority Finnish.
1 more year and we'll get an updated version. can't wait. But you should post the 2010 version.

Attached: American ethnicity by county 2010.jpg (7129x3833, 3.93M)

because that sparsely populated area in Wisonsin is predominantly finnish whereas no place in the US is predominantly Polish.

I find it shameful desu.

They feel it is more special than being WASP, idk

Maybe but it doesn't change the fact observable in DNA that these people suddenly beginning to identify as German are wrong about it

He says it makes up the majority and then goes on to say that it's just a plurality of 20%. One sentence and already a contradiction.

Why did they start counting Finns as Scandinavian and combine Scandinavian?

He meant plurality the first time when he said majority

Because Finland is on the Scandinavian peninsula, dumb burger.

Finland is Scandinavian

>plurality

Wow it's fucking nothing if it differs by a few percentage points among the major ancestries.

because we're not allowed to have a white american identity so we're supposed to "love our roots"

youtu.be/_7OxepMSGLE
You're being a bit disingenuous

Finland is Nordic but not Scandinavian in typical usage
Scandinavian is Norway, Sweden, Denmark

>Australians
Many are descended from recent immigrants or convicts.
>Leafs
Are you high? They literally are the same as us. They have a whole province that won't shut up about being french.

Leafs are basically encouraged to maintain their culture/heritage/whatever whereas burgers are told their identities should be wiped clean or whatever with a fresh start. So I think most Canadians actually have a more traceable history.

>Finland is Nordic but not Scandinavian in typical usage

Incorrect usage.

>Scandinavian is Norway, Sweden, Denmark
Denmark is not in Scandinavia. Please stop.

>1:32
>Finland mentioned

Quebecers actually despise French people, they think they're all stuck up and lazy.

Thank you for representing my flag. You make us all look really smart. Thank you again.

>The term Scandinavia in local usage covers the three kingdoms of Denmark, Norway, and Sweden
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scandinavia
Look anywhere else you will find the same thing

>Canadian
Oh so your country also has retards.>WASP types don't do any muh heritaging, instead identifying themselves simply as "American"
Not true, if asked we say English but beyond that dont give a shit. The "Americans" are Scots-Irish sister fuckers.

>People with no family history butthurt over
>"Muh herritagefagging"
Lmfao

because preserving culture != larping as culture

uh no, scandinavia != scandinavian peninsula != fenno-scandia

That doesn't mean they lack German ancestry though, just that they identify with it more than their British ancestry.
Most people here originate from multiple places. It's not surprising that British ancestry is predominant but most forgotten.