>It is an investment of money
This is a lose definition, we use promissory notes as 'money'
>There is an expectation of profits from the investment
Check internet forums, ppl expect a profit from form the purchase
>The investment of money is in a common enterprise
its a project with a stated goal
>Any profit comes from the efforts of a promoter or third party
thats us the speculators

Let me know if you want me to explain it to you, you will obviously believe anyone off the internet, but i can prove it to you!

>your a fuckin tard

you are a fuckin tard

who cares i typed it up quick time, fuck off my point is still way vaild!

Ripple never sold XRP as investment to anyone you fucking retard.

It does not matter if it was sold as! The product fits the Howey test! Meaning it is a unregistered security! Did you read about the Howey case? In Howey it was also not sold as a security, the SEC stepped in. It was ruled a security!
Don't call me a retard at least i can look up information!
Please read this, come back ask me more, i can provide more answers.
consumer.findlaw.com/securities-law/what-is-the-howey-test.html

Brainlet, again:

1) XRP was created before Ripple, if Ripple disappears XRP and ledger are unaffected.

2) Ripple never sold or advertised XRP as an investment opportunity of any kind.

3) Ripple want's to utilize XRP in a liquidity solution in cross border payments.

Clearly a utility coin.

I can tell you did not look @ the Howey case.

>1) XRP was created before Ripple, if Ripple disappears XRP and ledger are unaffected.
XRP will still be a unregistered security
>2) Ripple never sold or advertised XRP as an investment opportunity of any kind.
Read the Howey Case
>3) Ripple want's to utilize XRP in a liquidity solution in cross border payments.
You mean a security

Evidence the Chairman of SEC doesn't care about your definition of 'utility coin'
cnbc.com/video/2018/06/06/sec-chairman-on-investing-cryptocurrencies.html

Start @ 2 min in. i doubt you can watch a whole 15 min video

I was studying Law/banking/securities before 2008. I did not buy ETH @ ICO as it looked like a security, the only reason why it can argued its not a security is a lot of tokens are PoW.
I can tell by your simplistic view you have no clue, quit having such arrogance of your ignorance.

I guess we will need to wait out for the ongoing trails / SEC to conclude about all of this.

Ripple themselves said it multiple times, it's not a security, they are working with SEC for numerous years.

I know ripple have said its not a security, but it in their own interest to let this play out as long as possible!
> they are working with SEC for numerous years
but still it remains unregistered....

Please inform the rest of this board, you guys are awful to deal with i nearly did not explain myself. I hope I have made my case. If i am wrong thats fine, but show me why, I have shown you my evidence.

I hope you know that the SEC unsuccessfully argued that BTC was a security, but your to new to know that. The CFTC controls BTC, b/c its PoW!!!!!!! It is a struggle between gov. depts. for more funding.

*MY Opinion* Satoshi knew securities law, that is why BTC ended up in the CFTC hands & not the SEC!

So according to this, the howey test would declare all cryptocurrencies securities?

>It is an investment of money
Loose definition I agree with here, as a purchase of anything could be seen as an investment of money. E.g. buying a banana

>There is an expectation of profits from the investment
Same could be applied for Bitcoin. There is an intended purpose or utility, but people still expect the price to change (which they hope they can profit off of)

>The investment of money is in a common enterprise
When you buy XRP, you're not buying a part of the company Ripple. The company Ripple just use the XRP token in their products. Just like when you buy ETH, you're not buying a part of the EEA, or any companies which use the ETH as part of their business.

>Any profit comes from the efforts of a promoter or third party
There may be a correlation between the Ripple company's success and XRP price, as the ecosystem is being utilised more. There are other factors at play here as well. BTC price has increased all these years from utility as well, it's the exact same scenario.

this

>the howey test would declare all cryptocurrencies securities
NO, PoW coins are not!
Copy pasta from above
I hope you know that the SEC unsuccessfully argued that BTC was a security, but your to new to know that. The CFTC controls BTC, b/c its PoW!!!!!!! It is a struggle between gov. depts. for more funding.

additionally,
See all words are colourable, meaning lacking in reality. The US does not torture ppl, it uses 'enhanced interrogation'.
Words can & do get changed. The law society has their own words, its called legalese. These words look like english words but have a different meaning, any law fag that says this does not matter is a ambulance chasing tier.

What i am sayin is you use one definition, i use another, if its close the SEC will have a go. they get more funding that way. But seriously have a look into the laws and cases, changing IPO to ICO does not mean that it is not a security any more.

>The CFTC controls BTC
CFTC is the U.S. COMMODITY FUTURES TRADING COMMISSION btw, The CFTC successfully argued that BTC is a commodity as it takes WORK to make it. SEC BTFO
oh, & i am not a mutt

The consensus algorithm doesn't make a difference to what the asset type is. At the end of the day, an LED TV, LCD TV, Plasma TV are still TVs. A small part of the technology really doesn't change this.

A SEC official already stated that BTC and ETH were not securities. This stands by my previous post in (I'm now on my PC, as I wrote that post on my phone whilst having a shit).

This probably isn't an official SEC statement, so we will have to wait a bit longer to see what the verdict on cryptocurrencies and tokens are.

Another part of the securities regulation is 'of sole benefit'
So cause ETH is not of sole benefit, i.e anyone can make a token, the tokens were not central made and sold for a profit by one beneficiary

>A SEC official already stated that BTC and ETH were not securities.
I know but this is still not the official stance, as you said.

as you can see from above, i don't see ETH as a security, but it did start that way, so the SEC might try to say so, just for the budget increase & power.... probably worth a try on the SEC part...

Xlm isn't a security so wouldn't think xrp is. Ny regulators already weighed in on xlm.

>signed an agreement with fincen
?????

according to this definition everything that can be traded is a security

>Ny regulators already weighed in on xlm
Sweet user, did not see this. I will have to see if i can find more details. possibly why XLM has been given away....Not of sole use then, maybe the niggers saved XLM....
But the SEC is the federal branch, federal & state don't see eye to eye often. Again, more funding for the dept. I can't imagine the SEC letting this go...The SEC has to stay relevant, get more funding.

See
Just read the thread basically

Attached: download (2).jpg (225x225, 9K)

Xlm is more of a currency, like btc in some sense, and likely why.

The SEC will argue that ICO part makes it a security...but good view, but please see PoW coins are here to stay

Basically, the SEC will find only crypto-based securities are securities. That is things such as TaaS, Modum and all those exchange based tokens

See
(You)
(You)
(You)
Just read the thread basically

this

op is a fag

bump for visibility!
Please read the whole thread! ffs

Agreed, OP is a Fucking Awesome Guy

bump

the newfags don't know this information but argue anyway /thread

Last bump for newfag visibility
please read the whole thing, most of the comments are repeats

it actually is a security tho. and subsequently all of the kikes buying this shit are going to get burned and most likely kill themselves.
im loving this timeline

sec has already come out to state that the only shit that will be labeled as a security are ICO's

It a CURRENCY
It marketed and used as CURRENCY

Your HIV test pathetic

Attached: 1522017782038.jpg (750x560, 170K)

look here nigger
xrp WAS a security in the beginning, but now since it has a utility with ripple it is no longer a security

go read a book published after 2008 grandpa

>used
kek

please look at the Howey case, the info is already in this thread, as it says in that thread you linked. You did not look at the howey case or you would not say what you said, i even provided a link ffs

securites law have been around since '33, your utility definition is just this , watch the video in this

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-06-16 at 14.02.25.png (1502x1018, 2.52M)

NOBODY CARES ABOUT THE SEC

HI newfag

you americucks are delusional

See
i hate repeating myself, i pre-empted this. ffs

XRP is not a security, but it's a centralized piece of shit

Who cares, its never pumping again anyway

let me explain your delusion
>SEC and their global jurisdiction

Can you guys ppl read the thread ffs

When the fuck did i say it was global???? don't assume!

>calls user newfag
>is newfag
you got a lot to learn about who controls this market
hint: it's not america

Not going to expain it, you know everything! No need, BYE

>ETH isn't a security
>Doesn't pump
>XRP isn't a security
>????
fill in the gap
then ask yourself why

>XRP is the only coin where this could be considered an insult

Me looked at this and NOTHING, absolutely nothing about XRP makes it security. Me have no clue what you thinking. The only point you have is people bought XRP with expectations of profit. But...

>To deal with these charades, courts look at the economic realities behind an investment scheme, rather than at its name or form, to determine whether it is a security.
The reality behind XRP is it a currency used for settlements of bank transactions.
YOU are the one trying for twist XRP into being a security.

The pure reality of XRP is it's a currency in the strictest sense!!!!

Attached: 1527861555557.gif (540x361, 827K)

Currencies don't need ICOs....
Does XRP fit into Does the SEC care about what way its marketed?
NO, they don't, read the Howey case!

>To deal with these charades, courts look at the economic realities behind an investment scheme, rather than at its name or form, to determine whether it is a security.
I think its easy to prove most are buying XRP as an investment, not many transitions. lots of post about it rising in value.

>Me looked at this and NOTHING
you need to read this thread a bit closer...

>i think its easy to prove most are buying XRP as an investment
It doesn't matter what you think, or why people are buying XRP.
You are under mistaken idea that every investment is a security.

You plain wrong. You not even reading your own article well.

Attached: 1522422961573.png (540x301, 132K)

>(ID: urAHbV33)
>22 posts by this ID
>50 posts total
it is obvious that someone is paying this guy to talk trash or there is a hidden interest

Attached: larper.png (1785x228, 32K)

Ripple CEO Bashes Bitcoin

Brad Garlinghouse, Ripple CEO, answered candidly during an interview about crypto’s prospects for the future. Among other criticisms, he stressed blockchain technology is mostly hype, and that bitcoin core (BTC) is controlled by Chinese miners and has no hope of being a world currency.

An under-reported story, Ripple’s CEO insisted, is how BTC is “owned by China.” He noted, “The smartest thing you’ve done is not have ‘bit’ or ‘coin’ in your name. I’ll tell you another story that is underreported, but worth paying attention to. Bitcoin is really controlled by China. There are four miners in China that control over 50% of Bitcoin. How do we know that China won’t intervene? How many countries want to use a Chinese-controlled currency? It’s just not going to happen.”

Attached: C__y48xXYAAVF8p.jpg (900x1200, 190K)

bitinfocharts.com/comparison/transactions-btc-eth-ltc-xrp.html#6m
xrp is more used as a currency than bitcoin ethereum and litecoin

>You are under mistaken idea that every investment is a security.
I did not say that, ever @ no point did i think that or say that!
Read &