Pets.com

Pets.com

Attached: 1517827724785.png (1280x720, 57K)

Other urls found in this thread:

etherscan.io/address/0x048717ea892f23fb0126f00640e2b18072efd9d2
sia.tech/
youtu.be/g6iDZspbRMg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Probably

Centralized p*docoin also

the funniest shit is that there's no real demand for dapps.
Ether exploded because it disrupted onerous regulations on securities. The only dapp that's actually in demand is a dex.

People wanting decentralized twitter/facebook/whatever don't realize this already exists, it's called the internet and having your own site.
Almost nobody does that today because centralized services are cheaper. It's cheaper because they use people's data for marketing.

The supposedly decentralized steem is actually one site that's subsidized by speculator buying steem. How many steem users would be able to access steemit if steemit.com was down? 0.01%? Dapp my ass.

I may be wrong but so far I haven't seen any example of a dapp not involving tokenized assets of some kind that would be in demand.

Status token?

Decentralized gambling is actually one. Etheroll looks like shit, and is still popular. Centralized gambling site operators are scammers and thiefs.

Check out EOSBet.IO on EOS. This project could actually be big

yikes

>People wanting decentralized twitter/facebook/whatever don't realize this already exists, it's called the internet and having your own site.
except you site can be censored by governments
memo.cash is uncensorable and literally unstoppable. also you are completely ignoring the network effect, the whole point of social networks. everyone running their own site/blog/twitter in a haphazard way (like before myspace/fb/twitter) yields zero benefits of network effect

>the funniest shit is that there's no real demand for dapps.

There is always demand for shit that doesn't suck.

>it's called the internet and having your own site.

You can be shut down. A properly designed dapp cannot be shut down.

>The supposedly decentralized steem is actually one site that's subsidized by speculator buying steem. How many steem users would be able to access steemit if steemit.com was down? 0.01%? Dapp my ass.

Steem has tons of fucking dapps you moron. Dlive and Busy are superior to steemit in every way. Dapps are not some fucking "product" people sell. If one goes down 2 more pop up and the cycle continues.

Dapps are flat out the most important shit EVER. They make it possible to profit without being the owner of a service that provides real value. The encourage communities to grow with the goal of raising the value of the currency the dapp is formed around. And they make censorship much harder if not impossible.

Nothing is more important that this mechanism.

dadapt or die

Well it's not really popular. I guess it could.
etherscan.io/address/0x048717ea892f23fb0126f00640e2b18072efd9d2
>memo.cash is uncensorable and literally unstoppable
it abuses nodes. Nobody pays nodes for data storage. If it ever gets popular it would either make downloading bch blockchain impossible, or make blocks full at some manageable number which would stop growth of the app.
>You can be shut down. A properly designed dapp cannot be shut down.
You can't store big data on the blockchain, all decentralized solutions use ipfs which require some hosting anyway. Eos allows data storage (although it's still relatively very expensive) but data and app can be easily deleted. If you publish something that you have 'no right to' (read: illegal) you break eos constitution.
Everything is going to be worse when decentralized, so any dapp that doesn't need it is going to fail anyway.
>Dlive
Where are those videos and who pays for storage?

>>the funniest shit is that there's no real demand for dapps.
Kek brainlet.

There's no dapps because they're impossible to make with the shitty Ethereum blockchain.

There was also no demand for websites before the internet existed.

There was no affordable, high throughput, unfederated blockchains.

Until EOS.

This is why I'm about to be rich, and you're about to stay poor fucking brainlet.

where can i deposit my eos

>Until EOS.
Eos is a much more expensive version of amazon aws. It's a hosting provider.
Read the eos constitution.

Attached: 91MqYTE25pL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1500, 177K)

You are telling that in crypto, the value and the profit is directly correlated to the actual technological value of the coin and the universal justice applied to the project? Buy some EOS once deposits are open just in case.

voting, storage, computing, prediction markets, copyright/proof-of-ownership, there's plenty of dapps that dumb people like you don't see but that doesn't mean they don't exist. it just means you have to wait to see them used to finally understand cause you're dumb

>You can't store big data on the blockchain, all decentralized solutions use ipfs which require some hosting anyway.

Sia coin is a dapp for decentralized data storage I thought. This has been solved already.

sia.tech/

> Everything is going to be worse when decentralized, so any dapp that doesn't need it is going to fail anyway.

Not true. First of all the difference between centralized and decentralized is going to continue to get smaller and smaller as the tech improves. EOS is already looking at tens of thousands of transaction per second and maybe even more than that. So its pretty much going to be at visa level TPS. Many other coins are like this now too. So the performance difference is MUCH smaller now.

So on top of that dapps provide a new profit model where someone can generate a new coin and airdrop it out. The create a dapp that is 100% free and open source and be able to profit without having to actually sell the product. Simply holding a chunk of that coin and having a dapp people value is enough to make considerable profits.

So its actually a completely new KIND of system. Centralized profit models depend on selling a product or ad revenue. Dapp profit model simply means releasing something completely for free and hoping the currency gains value.

> Where are those videos and who pays for storage?
There are options for hybrid variations of the above system. But Dlive may not be a TRUE dapp in that sense yet it still allows for some advantages a centralized system doesnt. So Dlive is a centralized company using steem power to pay people to generate content for their platform.

Twitch could never be bothered to drop 10 dollar upvotes on almost its content creators. But with Steem power its basically doing exactly that. If the platform continues to grow then the value of steem SHOULD go up and its possible to make considerable profits that way.

If you are not thinking of dapps in terms of new profit models you deserve to be poor.

>Eos is a much more expensive version of amazon aws.

Amazon cant do dapps. Nor will the company ever really want to.

That’s pretty damn popular for a Dapp. EOSBet and other gambling platforms also have a lot of volume. Etheroll made 100 ether profit yesterday

>voting, storage, computing, prediction markets, copyright/proof-of-ownership, there's plenty of dapps that dumb people like you don't see but that doesn't mean they don't exist. it just means you have to wait to see them used to finally understand cause you're dumb

Boom, this is dead on accurate. Most people have no fucking idea how this shit works until they can chimp the fuck out and mimic someone who does it first.

MOST people I talk to about this topic are still focused on the performance debate as though ETH is the only fucking coin in existence. The "shitty database" debate is fucking retarded and old. It doesn't apply anymore.

Most people are going to be completely blindsided by the up sides of what a dapp is. But rather than think this way they will just compare a dapp on meaningless metrics like performance like fucking monkeys.

Moon from baseless hype requires euphoric stage of the market
>Sia coin is a dapp for decentralized data storage I thought. This has been solved already.
What do you mean by 'solved'. Yes there's decentralized storage but it's inherently more expensive. Decentralized means using unreliable providers like home pcs, so to obtain reliability equivalent to a datacenter you would have to duplicate the data several times more.
Even if it's cheaper now due to users underpricing fundamental economy always becomes visible at scale.
>Dapp profit model simply means releasing something completely for free and hoping the currency gains value.
That quote would be a perfect example of the 'new paradigm!' phase from the meme chart. Did you miss the end of the bull market?
Somebody has to pay for resources, during bubbles it's possible to make speculators pay but it's not sustainable
>Twitch could never be bothered to drop 10 dollar upvotes on almost its content creators. But with Steem power its basically doing exactly that
Where do you think that money comes? Magical tree? Steem has no model other than relying on 'investor's' money.
>voting
lol. There's no worse platform than blockchain for voting. Anonymous voting protocols are extremely hard and in practice unsolved.
>storage, computing
No. Anything decentralized is always going to be much more expensive than centralized solutions. Centralization is inherently more efficient.
>prediction markets
Fair enough, this one I can see
>copyright/proof-of-ownership
that's tokenization of real world assets which I agreed with in the first post.
>Amazon cant do dapps. Nor will the company ever really want to.
Look up AWS Lambda. That's EOS, only cheaper and can do much more.

In an ideal dapp environment. People will buy a coin when its down in value then create a dapp with the hopes of generating hype and demand for the coin to go up in value.

Some one piggyback an existing coin like Dlive, while others will airdrop a new coin like Ever pedia.

Get a big chunk of a coin then releasing a fucking badass dapp on that coin to reap the rewards of it going up in value.

Its really not that complicated people! In Jow Forums speak, dapps are like the ultimate shill thread where you get people to buy your bags.

>generating hype and demand for the coin to go up in value.
You realize you're talking exclusively about bubble conditions right? I'm asking about actual demand to use something

WHAT PEOPLE DON'T REALIZE...
is that nobody gives a shit about decentralization in the real world
nobody cares or knows what a DAPP is.
they won't care in the future either.
you're saying this is going to take off, it's not.
not that the tech isn't awesome or the idea or whatever, but it won't take off.
BECAUSE PEOPLE DON'T CARE

What you retards don't understand is that normies don't need to care about decentralization or crypto or blockchains. Only developers do, and as a developer myself, we care very much about having reliable and censorship resistant systems that aren't subject to US copyright laws or UK hate speech laws or Amazon's code of conduct.

>Decentralized means using unreliable providers like home pcs

Like I fucking said, you can involve hybrid solutions. The trade off is performance with a higher chance of getting pinched by the government vs decentralization and much lower chance of being pinched.

> That quote would be a perfect example of the 'new paradigm!' phase from the meme chart. Did you miss the end of the bull market?

It depends on the situation and how the dapp works. You are having trouble with this maybe because you cant see the bigger picture and think cryptokitties is the only dapp ever made. In that case I would agree with your argument lol

> Somebody has to pay for resources, during bubbles it's possible to make speculators pay but it's not sustainable

Again you don't understand. Its a profit model. Dapps platform means the cost of the using the platform is spread accross the entire userbase evenly. Everyone gains when the coin goes up in value and everyone loses when it goes down. That is paying for the cost of the platform.

> lol. There's no worse platform than blockchain for voting. Anonymous voting protocols are extremely hard and in practice unsolved.

He was talking about staking power leading to actual generation of new coins for profit. Upvoting is common now. Look at the steem model. If you have X steem power you can upvote people to pay them money.

> No. Anything decentralized is always going to be much more expensive than centralized solutions. Centralization is inherently more efficient.

Not true, dapps spread the cost to everyone.

> Only developers do, and as a developer myself, we care very much about having reliable and censorship resistant systems that aren't subject to US copyright laws or UK hate speech laws or Amazon's code of conduct.

This guy gets it.

We can literally be having the same argument in the 1980s about how dumb windows is. That is literally how dumb this "debate" is.

I'm a normie, definitely not a retard.
Ok you're a dev, cool, so you're heavily invested in the idea.
I get it.
If you fucking autists actually got out of your houses once in awhile and talked to people, you'd understand what I'm talking about.
Back in the bullrun, what did people want?
Oh, XRP?
Why?
It's the bankers coin.
ffs man, EOS is never going to amount to anything.

>If you fucking autists actually got out of your houses once in awhile and talked to people, you'd understand what I'm talking about.
What did the normies say about the internet in 1992? This is a retard tier argument.

Decentralized crypto networks aren't censorship resistant. It's trivial for any state to completely filter out any cryptocurrency communication from the network, especially China with their firewall.
Some networks can run on tor or i2p which is actually uncensorable, but it's only inheriting the property, not having it by itself.
So if you need censorship resistance you still have to explain how a dapp that runs on a blockchain, that runs on a network of tor/i2p nodes, is better than one single hidden service.
Such a dapp would be inherently more expensive and somebody has to be willing to pay the cost.
>He was talking about staking power leading to actual generation of new coins for profit
It generates new coins but it doesn't generate any wealth. Do you understand that?
It's a simple question, where does the money comes from. Upvoting people clearly doesn't create any wealth by itself.
>Not true, dapps spread the cost to everyone.
?!?
Things don't get magically cheaper from spreading them.

I'm all in, don't really give a shit about your opinions family

>If you fucking autists actually got out of your houses once in awhile and talked to people, you'd understand what I'm talking about.

But you arent talking about anything. You are just saying shit because reasons.

Normies dont fucking need to know what a dapp is. All that needs to happen is people releasing cool things that do shit people like and you are done. All the crypto shit is under the hood and nubody gives a fuck.

Stay at home moms are now making hundreds of dollars a week playing super candycrush because it was built on the blockchain.

Teenagers are posting on this new social media page where their favorite content creators were forced to go because Youtube and twitter banned them for saying nigger.

Nobody even knows what a fucking dapp is. They just know making money for posting stuff is fun and cool.

>It generates new coins but it doesn't generate any wealth.

Are you fucking retarded? No seriously, why are you even talking about the topic if you still think having 2 bitcoins is the same value as having 1.

>Things don't get magically cheaper from spreading them.

LOL its not MAGIC HAHAHAHA
*sigh* I am arguing with a guy who thinks crypto is magic...

babbys first emotional investment

>Decentralized crypto networks aren't censorship resistant. It's trivial for any state to completely filter out any cryptocurrency communication from the network, especially China with their firewall.
They are censorship resistant on the app level, meaning the only way to censor them is by censoring the entire network at the ISP level. Of course countries like China can and will do this, but that doesn't prevent the rest of the world from using them. Governments/corporations can't outright censor the content itself, unlike your normal AWS based apps.

Attached: 1528854531303.png (657x539, 110K)

>babbys first emotional investment

Seems like people dont know what the technology does. We can very safely look at this thread and see that the arguments are basically people struggling with the concept still.

This shit is stealth phase.

>having 2 bitcoins is the same value as having 1
these days, it is. and SOON having 3 bitcoin will be just like having one NOW.

>these days, it is. and SOON having 3 bitcoin will be just like having one NOW.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
Yo dawg, I got this argument I am use on interwebz!

youtu.be/g6iDZspbRMg

>This shit is stealth phase.

This is exactly how I felt when arguing with people about Bitcoin being able to hold any value at all so many years ago.

We are literally seeing history repeat itself right now.

dapps are stealth phase. John Oliver didnt even mention dapps he talked about cryptocurrency. He didnt even know what a dapp is.

We are literally going through the entire fucking process all over again.

> Windows operating systems are dumb! Nobody wants anything more than just Dos!
> The internet is a fad!
> Bitcoin can never hold real value!
> Dapps are dumb! Nobody wants anything more than Facebook, twitter and youtube! Nobody likes making money from playing video games!

Governments can't censor your hidden service too, and if they can then there's really no uncensorable layer at all. I don't see many people willing to pay for every post on a blockchain than runs on tor.

Always go long on whatever the liberal establishment FUDS. If you had taken this advice back when that episode aired you'd still be up 2x on your investment while everything else has tanked even further.

>the government has the power to censor the whole internet
Wow amazing. Do you really think this is some sort of unique insight?

>Governments can censor your hidden service too

They cant censor cryptocurrency. Or they would have by now. You guys do understand that dapps are just more robust cryptocurrencies right? Or am I still arguing with the guy who thinks 2 coins is the same value as one coin.

that sentence was meant to have 'can't' in the first position
>2 coins is the same value as one coin
LOL inflation doesn't create wealth.

> People who mine crypto currency never made money.

Gotcha senpai, best argument. This is how logic works people.

Is the quality of Jow Forums so bad at this point that there are people who think that mining crypto doesn't provide additional value?

I am getting a little worried here because this is like BASIC FUCKING SHIT levels of argument here. Is this nocoiner fud? What angle is being worked here.

What the fuck is going on here with this shit?

you just don't understand the argument of that guy. if supply increases and demand stays the same, then value per coin decreases. in steemit people are paid via inflation so holders lose value unless they convert into steem power to be provided some sorts of influence over the content. i cba to argue with either sides tho

eos is king

Steem and EOS both use the same system though.

Also the quality of the dapps and demand for the currency is a greater influence than inflation. Holders are not inherently fucked. The entire crypto profit model is contengent on quality content driving demand for the currency.

Otherwise you go out of business. It is just another way to make money. Sell ads, sell a product or service, give it away for free and hope it sell itself.

>Steem and EOS both use the same system though.
nope. eos pays for computational resourcs

The EOS token has a lot more utility and can be rented out. The STEEM token as far as I understand has no utility aside from staking?

steem does to but its not as robust in its design. I don't disagree with you that EOS is king btw. I am just saying steem still has potential.

>Pets.com

le pets dot com meme xdddddddddddddddddddddddddddd
i read it on le reddit

>may be wrong but so far I haven't seen any example of a dapp not involving tokenized assets of some kind that would be in demand.
You're not wrong because the ChainLink mainnet hasn't launched yet.

nailed it. speculation can only take crypto so far, eventually they'll have to directly fill a market need or they'll be discarded.