People actually waste money on cars/watches/alcohol/designer clothes/"traveling the world"

>people actually waste money on cars/watches/alcohol/designer clothes/"traveling the world"

Why are normies so bad with money? Stay poor normalfags.

Attached: 1518920103635s.jpg (250x241, 7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

thesavvybackpacker.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=0vGZmNKaALc
youtube.com/watch?v=WtgXnl7nX_8
youtube.com/watch?v=UE1YUC379fc
nomadicmatt.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=Mp8l1mWtAGo
youtube.com/watch?v=37rbCnSvn7g
youtube.com/watch?v=hvbLb9yZAPI
youtube.com/watch?v=9VABfrd9SxI
youtube.com/watch?v=KjXSFpmT0Uw
youtube.com/user/vagabrothers
youtube.com/channel/UCFr3sz2t3bDp6Cux08B93KQ
youtube.com/channel/UCdRDNshQXxmr9DkcVVxjyag
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>traveling the world

this is the only one I disagree with you on

>not agreeing with himn on clothes, cars and watches
wow um like youre totally one of us now

Attached: 0e6.jpg (600x394, 24K)

Ignorance is a bliss.
Accept it you never will be as happy as normies. Also the lives of the normies are not completly dependent to some sort of internet ponzi meme and they also don't need to ''make it''. Their god tier social skills allows them to fit in everywhere and to see the good in everything.

Attached: quote-if-you-only-knew-the-magnificence-of-the-3-6-and-9-then-you-would-have-the-key-to-the-nikola-t (850x400, 76K)

>"traveling the world"
>not moving to a cheaper country while still making western wages and plowing the difference into crypto

Says the guy who dumped all his wealth into a ponzi

This:Traveling the world is the greatest thing you can do. I’m not talking about being a faggot who stays in 5 star hotels and eats these fucking crazy expensive meals- I’m talking about grabbing a fucking backpack and traveling as a minimalist, just enjoying life. It’s cheap as fuck too, 1 year in the developing world is like $20k, and the developed world is like $40-50k. Can’t stress how great it is for developing yourself or how much fun you’ll have

>travelling the world
OP confirmed for never leaving home. Going to new places and doing wilderness tours is awesome. Not to mention it can be cheap as fuck in some countries.

>posts a bunch of logical things
>posts one fucking moronic thing
>doesn't realize he's only going to be judged by the moronic thing

sage

>that boomer who travels the world so that they can 'find themselves'

Also $20k in the developing world, where the fuck are you spending that money if it isn't on expensive food and hotels??? You could go a year on $5-10k easy.

user your only scarce resource is time. Spending it slaving away sucks but being trapped in a bubble sucks as bad.

Oh yeah, I’m being very liberal with that estimate, also adding flights, visits to more expensive countries, visas/fees/the occasional mugging/etc. $20/yr and you’ll live like a king.

craft beer tastes good though. what is the point of life if you're not even going to indulge in your senses?

designer clothes are worth it because they fit well, last many years instead of falling apart in 3 months, and are made out of comfortable materials that feel good to wear. some are overpriced, but that goes for anything, you gotta be smart and not just buy things because they cost more. same goes for watches: good watches last a long time, are accurate, comfortable to wear, etc.

cars are essential if you have a job (which we all know you don't, dumbfuck). and more expensive cars are safer, more fuel-efficient, and last much longer.

and... travelling the world is a waste of money? jesus user... you sound like a NEET who's never been outside the state before.

tldr stop leeching off of mommy and get a fucking life you neckbeard

What the fuck is fun about that though? Taking a backpack and going places is fun to you? What do you do when you get there exactly? Dont give a retarded answer like discovering myself please.

>designer clothes are worth it because they fit well, last many years instead of falling apart in 3 months

What kind of bullshit is this, I buy the ~$50 dress pants/dress shirts and they last years, color and quality. That aside if you're talking staying fashionable within casual wear then I doubt you care about things lasting 3 years as that's going to be outdated.

>cars are essential if you have a job (which we all know you don't, dumbfuck). and more expensive cars are safer, more fuel-efficient, and last much longer.

More expensive cars are not safer, fuel-efficient, or last longer.. That's silly. Newer cars are, but if we're talking Honda vs BMW then nah..

Did you get lost on the way to Reddit, normal shit? Plus you don't need cars in big cities like NYC/Chicago, you know cites where most good jobs are located. Fuck off consumerist normalslime. All beer tastes like shit too and you know it. And designer clothing brands use the same material 99% of the time, you're just paying for the name, similar thing with cars but not as much.

What else would you spend your money on?

>people actually save all their money and live in their dark empty rook with no intention of ever buying anything nice for themselves
what's the point of money then
you can live like a hermit for free

travel and investments are the only good uses for money

also OP is a massive faggot

Attached: 1526272923050.gif (175x177, 463K)

>muh NYC and Chicago
>calling anyone else a le reddit normal fag
Lmao

Have you ever gone down rapids in a kayak, climbed a tall mountain, visited a hotel covered in gold or tasted foreign food?
You know, the kind of things we tend to do in video games.

do you really have no sense of exploration? why are basement dwellers so cucked

>normies
>happy
You must be 18 to use this site

Half the watches ive bought have out performed the S&P500

>normies spending on X vs autist wagecucking until age 60 to (((retire))))

don't waste your time user, he's already made up his mind, let him live in his basement

It isn’t for everyone. You have to really want to do it, and that generally means you need a strong sense of adventure. I love going to new places and meeting new people, I think that the point of life is to enjoy yourself and connect with others. You can do whatever you want really. I backpacked Europe for a couple months, and Asia is next on my list after I graduate college. The general framework is you pick a town, book a hostel for a few nights, make friends, see what the city has to offer, eat the local cuisine, and head to the train station for your next destination when you’re ready. I went 2 years ago and I still talk to the friends I made there all the time.

Also, “discovering yourself” isn’t always a meme. Okay, it is in the context of some thot flying to Bali for 2 weeks to take ass shots on a beach with daddy money, but when you travel alone like that you’re really forced to come out of your shell and grow up a lot. It’s a great way to hit the reset button on your life if you don’t like where you are. Backpacking helps you discover what makes you tick and brings you closer to the things that really matter. I unintentionally did no fap when I was backpacking. I went from being shy and awkward when I left to feeling uncomfortable not making conversation with strangers. The list goes on and on. I encourage everyone to try it, it’s the greatest experience I’ve ever had.

Do you have any resources I can read to learn more about backpacking?

what's wrong with you normies? I have a good time traveling when I don't have to talk to other people. it's even better when I'm far away from everyone else.

>people buy things they cant afford
WOOOWEEEEEEEEEE THATS A BIG OL REVELATION RIGHT THERE

>not traveling the world
it's like you want to live in your sad little box for the rest of your life. if you can't do anything else, you should at least see the world from a new perspective through travel.

just do it. what do you have to learn? get the needed visas, take a fairly big backpack, put in some clothes (preferable fast drying ones), take some money and your passport and off you go. english, hand gestures and some words in the local language will be enough to get by.

The "traveling the world" meme is the normiest normie thing you can possibly do.

Not reading a single post, every post in this thread is coping and looking for validation, just don't reply.

sure thing buddy:
thesavvybackpacker.com/ - good for helping you plan and budget everything
youtube.com/watch?v=0vGZmNKaALc - great video explaining the basics
youtube.com/watch?v=WtgXnl7nX_8
youtube.com/watch?v=UE1YUC379fc - this is more about an around the world gap year, but it's nice
nomadicmatt.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=Mp8l1mWtAGo - if you feel like going crazy minimalist (not recommended for beginners)
youtube.com/watch?v=37rbCnSvn7g

here are some youtube vids and channels that really got me pumped to go (sorry for the normie music):
youtube.com/watch?v=hvbLb9yZAPI
youtube.com/watch?v=9VABfrd9SxI
youtube.com/watch?v=KjXSFpmT0Uw
youtube.com/user/vagabrothers
youtube.com/channel/UCFr3sz2t3bDp6Cux08B93KQ
youtube.com/channel/UCdRDNshQXxmr9DkcVVxjyag

cheers!

the "anything normal people do is stupid" meme is the most retarded contrarian faggot meme you could ever possibly fall for
do you also refuse to eat healthy and exercise because it's popular among Normies? fat ass basement dwelling fucker

I used to be stupid like OP. Then I realized money isn't shit if you don't use it to enjoy life. Enjoy your depression though

I can do that for a while, but when you're on your own in a foreign country living out of a backpack you can get pretty lonely. Being as social as possible (but based) is a must for me, just gotta stay away from normies, shady people, etc and you're fine. I'm impressed it's so easy for you to be on your own though.

also do more youtube searches for "backpacking europe" and things related to it and you'll find a ton of info

I guess everyone is different. I just happen to enjoy nature and silence. haven't been traveling for more than 1-2 month per trip though, maybe I'd feel different when I'd do it for a year.

Gay

all those people traveling pics on facebook trigger the fuck out of me because Im broke AF

>wat

But he did agree on those things, you fucking degenerate, illiterate subhuman scum.

>not putting all your money towards investments, guns, and alcohol and the occasional vidya

Meanwhile everybody I know is buying new $15k cars, the newest iphones, nice clothes and dumb shit they don't need and saying they don't get paid enough.

Worst yet I'm in the military so food is free and they pay you to live off base, normally you can pocket an extra $400-500 a month if you have a roomate, and people still don't know how to save money in here.

you can go for crazy cheap dude. I cost me $4,000-5,000 for my 2 months in Europe and I splurged on a lot of shit... normies spend that kind of money for a 2 week vacation but you can go MUCH cheaper if you really want to. I can break it down and estimate a price for you if you wish.

As someone who moved a fuckton as a kid and lived in multiple countries I never got the traveling meme.

Na man, eating healthy and exercising actually makes sense. I lift 4 times a week. Besides normies only exercise before summer to "look good on the beach" and eat pretty shitty diets and get drunk etc.

You only live once, or "YOLO" as I guess the kids say

Yeah, let me spend my money on some gook shitcoin like Icon instead.

Because it's so easy for them to get it OP. All they need to do is go to the same building to gossip and engage in enjoyable activities with their friends each day. In return for their patron the benevolent shekelstein will as regularly as the clock copy valuable fiat currency into their accounts to ensure they can continue to enjoy themselves during the hours his building is closed.

Please tell us how should a NEET spend his money?

all the butthurt reddit normie itt

Traveling the world is just a dumb fucking normie thing. Who gives a fuck where you go it the same bullshit everywhere

women at my work say they get their guy friends to buy them that stuff. Why are so many men cucks?

Why do you care? Enjoy your life, let people do what they think will improve theirs.

>other than flight it is probably cheaper for you to go travel in asia/southamerica/africa/middle east than to live in your depressed first world shithole

hello cynical depressed user
if you genuinely think swimming in the great barrier reef is the same as trekking through the Swiss alps or going to Peru then Lmao bruh

>mfw have never owned car with working A/C
heh stupid normies wasting money at bread and circus ... haha

Attached: 1411450674723.png (1600x1200, 2.67M)

Hello! Judging by your post history it appears you got lost, but don't worry we're here to help. I believe you are looking for Jow Forumseddit. Don't be ashamed, many other people make the same mistake.

Traveling the world is a meme but nothing beats walking inside the Colosseum or visiting a hospital bunker in Budapest

Alcohol is the thing that bugs me the most. The amount of money people spend to get headaches and dizziness is unreal.

why are you poor user?

Blackpill time: all cities are the same, all biomes are the same, all women are the same

Meaning once you have seen your first metropolis you have seen them all. Seen your first jungle/tropical beach/mountains you have seen them all/fucked your first 'liberated travelling chick you have fucked them all.

Travelling is pointless after you have covered your bases, and if you grew up somewhere like California with a mix of literally fucking everything including arctic glacier, then congrats you saved yourself about 80k worth of travel since its the same shit everywhere.

Hobbies are how you stay sane once you realize this is true. Take up skiing, biking, camping, diving....whatever, and then go somewhere cool to do that thing. Don't just walk around like a fucking drone and snap a few pics.

Materialism is disgusting

>all biomes are the same

you are retarded

Attached: IMG-20161003-WA0001.jpg (225x286, 20K)

no matter where you go, there you are

>enjoy your saved money

t. Hermit

Attached: The_habitation_of_a_hermit.jpg (1841x1400, 655K)

I’ll never understand the traveling thing. Humans are humans . They are selfish douchebags no matter what country you go to. People are awful by nature, and sadly people are everywhere. If anything it’s depressing seeing the extreme poverty and lack of education present in the rest of the world as you travel. Once you’ve been to a museum or a club, or a church , you’ve seen all there is to see. Save yourself the time and effort and just go downtown and have some Thai food if you want to experience another culture. Travel is pointless

>huur duur reddit

this

What the fuck is the deal with normies and backpacking?
It sounds like the epitome of virtue signalling
>unlike you rubes I wandered the developed world, made many friends and fucked many whores, I am an enlightened person because of this

Prove me wrong. Difference between Swiss alps and Sierra Nevada? Difference between Tahiti and Palawan? Difference between New York and London? Difference between Mojave desert and Gobi? Not significant.

Looks comfy, would recluse myself from society in.

Only if you’re a social media faggot who posts pics in every city with witty captions. I love sharing my experience with backpacking with people because it helped me get out of a rut in my life and really opened my eyes to a lot of shit

Why do you cryptofags squeeze pennies tighter than (((them)))?

Biomes are a large category that excludes more specific differences between each area

I've lived in the UK all my life but I'd still love to experience a "cold" winter in areas that still exist within the same biome.

You have a point if someone just wants to go skiing, but people travel for many reasons besides this.

This. I suspect most bizlets who don't get travelling are somewhere on the autism spectrum.

Not significant, lol. Okay, Tiger. If that's what you believe, the differences would be wasted on you anyway. You stay in your basement and rot.

>"traveling the world"
don't say that, you're going to trigger all the failed normies, they need some kind of reason to strive to generate wealth

>waah, stop enjoying things that I don't enjoy
tbqh, OP's post is massive cope. he's obviously a broken human-being.

only thing I agree with is not living beyond your means.

butthurt normie cope. back2reddit

"traveling the world" is a great indicator of who is cum slupring faggot with no direction in life.

No, I do not want to lower my standard of living for x amount of days just so I can post pictures on social media. Kill yourselves, you fucking faggot dick sucking homosexual fucks.

Is age 24 too late to travel?

No thats fine, you'll just be slightly on the older end. Still lots of hot grils/goys/whatever you're into. My interest in backpacking (thats what you really mean, obv there is no age limit on going on vacation) fell off sharply after 27, now Im too old. Dont wait much longer.
t. 30 year old boomer

lol I started at 27

maybe you just got fat and ugly

Yes shitposting on Jow Forums is better
I cant wait to be on my death bed and reminisce the times I spent my young adulthood posting pepes and losing money in crypto.

There's always one or two divorced 50 year old dudes hanging around hostels in Europe. Wouldnt appeal to me, but you do you.

>be me
>24

>stay poor normalfags
lol

>people actually waste money on cars
feels pretty nice to drive around in my F80 M3 everyday desu

>watches
maybe spent a couple grand on watches, nothing too fancy like a patek phillipe

>alcohol
I have a bordeaux collection with an assortment of vintages from some of the most renowned châteaus yeah

>designer clothes
I primarily shop at Bloomingdale's and Nordstrom, I suppose my favourite brands are Ted Baker and Topman, they're p aesthetic

>traveling the world
Been to every continent except Antarctica & Africa (lol), and about a couple dozen different countries

Give me suggestions as to better things to "waste" money on? Oh also I own my house already if that was to be a suggestion

Attached: IMG_5930.gif (128x128, 152K)

Why are you well adjusted enlightened travelers such passive aggressive assholes?

OP is right and you all the rest are fucktards

any book recommendations on the topic? i really wanna do that shit but no idea how.

Comsumer culture =/= happyness
You are more likely to be depressed than him. Yes money should be used but for the important things

>I have a bordeaux collection with an assortment of vintages from some of the most renowned châteaus yeah
Pleb anglo-tier taste, Bourgognes are better.

Traveling just for the sake of traveling is a meme. Traveling with a specific goal in mind is good though. My hobby is bicycling but I live in a place that sucks for that, so I have to travel so I can ride on 20+ miles of nothing but road through the mountains. It's an amazing experience.

Travel is the ultimate normie bait. Seriously just try talking about travel with a normie they freak out about how much they wish to travel kek. While I sit at home eating tendies wearing a 12k watch and watching all my money melt away on LINK. But I’ll be fucked if I spend a dime traveling like some cuck. Also piece of advice bros, never date a woman who “loves travelling” it means she’s bipolar/easily bored etc and incapable of being happy.

>Difference between Swiss alps and Sierra Nevada
The cheese.

Traveling for reasons like finding yourself is normie tier. If you're into skiing, bicycling, or rock climbing that usually requires traveling and that's the best reason to travel.

I'm for sure not a "normie" , but I think the idea of travelling sounds cool, it would be interesting to see different historic locations, museums, different animal speicies etc. Also I can't shoot guns here so id like to go to some shooting ranges in the usa too.

Travelling to experience other cultures/architecture/gastronomy/art de vivre is pretty legit too.
Well, there's a fuckton of reasons to travel

>getting shitfaced in hostels
>making shallow connections with strangers that you will never see again in your life
>moving on after a couple of days to rinse and repeat in a different city

wow much adventure very self discovery

Fuck drumpf and fuck laws n shit the post.

Yeah, most normies aren't into niche hobbies though, they just take pictures and post them on social media and forget about it when they get home.

>worthless NEET rages about how people he perceives as lower than him are richer and more fulfilled than him

Fuck off, frog faggot.