Im 25 and know 0 programming. This kills me from inside on daily basis

Im 25 and know 0 programming. This kills me from inside on daily basis.

Should i quit my current job and learn programming?

Attached: 1519519284420.webm (640x800, 2.84M)

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.codinghorror.com/why-cant-programmers-program/
coursera.org/learn/mathematical-thinking
mooc.pharo.org/
businessinsider.com/peter-thiel-aspergers-is-an-advantage-2015-4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

software dev is a meme. you'll be nothing but a line worker.

Sir please i wanna rape her vegana

No, you shouldn't, for so many reasons. One of the main ones is that most people can't learn how to program. They simply don't have the requisite mindset and, frankly put, intelligence for it. You can maybe learn how to pass a few challenges by rote, but that's it. That's why you hear horror stories about programmers with degrees and everything not being able to program at job interviews -- they simply never learned how to program because they couldn't.

How many LTC to get a girl like this to piss on me?

To be good you have to be on the spectrum. NSA has the best programmers in the world and they’re all literal autists.

I also enjoy the television show Rick and Morty.

assuming someone was cut out for it, what’s the best way to learn without going to college? i’ve started teaching myself at night but i want to do it the right way not just learn a language

What are you talking about? Don't dismiss what I am saying so easily. It's a well-known fact that all the programmers being churned out aren't actually able to program.

blog.codinghorror.com/why-cant-programmers-program/

If you have academic education apart from programming you could combine both backgrounds and create specific apps or software

>what’s the best way to learn without going to college?

You have to solve problems, using programming as a tool to do it. Not only is that the best way to learn how to program, but it is the only way of learning how to program.

Here are a few classic problems for you to take a shot at.

Attached: programmering.png (1920x1080, 302K)

What language do you recommend to begin with?

Not everyone needs to be a programmer. The ability to properly operate a computer is already worth something, even when e.g. a bit of scripting can help tremendously with that.

That said, in your place I would look at some introduction books about programming first (even For Dummies books work for this, you don't have to fall for Jow Forums's memes and start off with SICP) and then have a look at some open source projects (preferably in a programming language like Python which is easy to pick up along the first step) to get a feel how easy it is for you pick up what someone else intended to do with their code, as that is a huge part of daily programming compared to coming up with algorithms of their own.

Afterwards, try programming challenges like if you think you're not already fed up with programming. If you're feeling productive doing these and actually get working results, then yes, it might be something for you.

be persistent beyond any reasonable measure because you have the insatiable urge to be RIGHT about every single thing in your life

You're hired

Python is what is often used to teach introductory courses.

source?

Fuck I want her to squat on my face like that, holy fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Thanks

>pay retarded indians who can't code the same amount as educated and practiced whites who can code
>wonder why people who can code stop showing up at your company for interviews
what a fucking mystery

This is bullshit. I've met my share of unqualifieds, but today's graduates are very qualified.
It's possible that was the case 11 years ago when that article was written, but lots of kids are learning javascript even in high school.
11 years ago dynamic websites were barely a thing. Now there are TV shows about nerds and entire cities filled with programmers.

I've been in many hiring interviews, and when people with education were sent to the interview they always did well. Sometimes HR would send us people who didn't even have a CS or related degree, who had no intention of going that route. Of course those guys failed.

then there's the 3rd problem of dumbass interviewers asking gotcha questions and feeling superior when the person fails them.

Just look at this asshole in the comments
> once interviewed a candidate for a VBA job whom I asked to swap two variable contents without using a temp variable
swapping a temp variable was a trick question I learned in school. It's a trick. it's useless for 99.999999% of programming. Yet there are some retard interviewers who think that's an appropriate question to gage someone's skill level.

My point still stands: far from everyone can actually learn how to program.

I despise these types of female gym goers. Every time they are near me and they see that I don't pay any attention to them they get all confused and waddle around to the next victim to feed their egos. Fucking harpies.

JUST XOR YOU IDIOT

t. Lead distributed systems engineer

you're talking out of your ass. "well known fact"

yeah... when was the last time you used that in your job?
honestly tell me.

>learning "programming"
yeah just go to a programmer school and learn programming language and go to a programmer store and sell yourself to programming company

Attached: _i4Zn50oq2I.jpg (478x600, 65K)

Nono, you haven't refuted my central point. I won't let you off the hook.

i'm not talking about your "point". i'm saying you're not in the industry and have no clue what you're talking about but are pretending to be an expert.
there's actually a few programming roles where you don't have to have the mindset to succeed.

>programming vs copy/pasting
imo, better give this course a try at first:

coursera.org/learn/mathematical-thinking

Even if you come from background in math, it's a very nice refresher on the logical approach to solving problems.

If you find it interesting, then move on to some programming lessons and the begginer chalenges at projecteuler.net

Its not about using it, its about knowing it. It shows experience; these are things you just pickup up over time either from other engineers or just by thinking about it while working. I would never ask something like this for an interview nor would I agree its a good question to ask, but this is very very rudimentary knowledge.

Frankly, in my years of being a software dev, 30% of the time is writing code. I spend more time thinking, testing and documenting.

>i'm not talking about your "point".

You cannot ignore it and go off on a tangent about some classic blog post that I referenced out of convenience (and a bit of laziness), calling my competence to speak on the matter into question. You have to actually say something about the point that I am making, otherwise all you've done is defeat a straw man.

>i'm saying you're not in the industry and have no clue what you're talking about but are pretending to be an expert.

I'm not pretending to be an expert. I'm just telling people what I know to be true.

So tell me if you agree with me or not that most people cannot learn how to program due to lacking the requisite mindset and intelligence. You should have an opinion on that.

>there's actually a few programming roles where you don't have to have the mindset to succeed.

Please explain which mindset you're talking about here, for the sake of reducing equivocality, and talk a bit about which roles you have in mind.

True. Its so cerebrual I love it. Been at the same company 6 years currently so lots of my time is also spent mentoring and answering questions.

this.

She is also not using the machine properly, she just does it to show off her yet attractive body.

She will ride the cock carousel for a couple of years and travel the world or do some job, where she sucks at, but gets all kinds of credit anyway.

Then when beauty fades, she will marry some rich douche, who falls for her.

And tbqh I'm fine with all that, as long as I am not the douche.

Dear god,
thanks for balls and brain.

Just imagine how her little pussy would feel on her cock

yes goyim, get into programming, more room for people in fields that actually do things for the world

that would be?

Dat turbo whore

Keep current job and learn programming. That's the best thing you can do.

your cock*

Yikes, been thinking about trannies lately

Imagine being such a pajeet that you find this attractive.

mooc.pharo.org/

your wwelcome

Dude. Don't quit your fucking job until you KNOW it's something you want to do. Study at night, instead of staring at a chart. Some people just aren't gonna be coders. You might be one of them. There's so much free shit online you can use to learn with. Do the beginner shit online, get a feel for it, then decide.

This. Plus, you have to logical, and a numbers person. If you hated math, you won't get far in programming.

can you elaborate a bit on this?

kill billions of pajeets and chinks with smalltalk

Imagine being such a basedboy that you don't find it attractive

I see his said all the time But its wrong.

Programming is similar to lesrning an actual spoken language. If you are good at picking up other languages you will get programming naturally. Your brain ka wired for it.

Its like a music instument too. The standard maths comparison is just shit and not true.

Don't bother learning coding now if you don't know it.

Starting now you'll be mediocre at best by the time coding becomes so automated there won't be much of a market.

I'm considering learning the classics.

In an age of automation, memes and culture are what distinguish people.

those are some very fit butts

I'm good at languages and I was good at maths and physics in HS and I suck at programming. It does take a unique type of autism to be anything more than a code monkey.

Around your age and started programming/CS two years ago. Depending on where you come from you should refresh at least your high school maths and also try to learn some discrete math. Strictly speaking it's not necessary at the beginning when you're for example learning simple programming concepts, but it will help your understanding later when learning things such as data structures and alg. When you've covered the basics and you know in what direction you want to go, then just learn and practice that. If you don't know yet then my advice is to just learn different things and become a well rounded programmer until you know what you want to do. Read and learn things such as networking, OS and architecture, design patterns, web dev, embedded systems etc.

Study machine learning, thank me later.

>cs major was too hard at my shit tier uni
>but somehow I know I'm good at programming anyway
No fuck off

>machine learning
>not deep learning

I'm in the same position as you, user, except I don't have a job and I'm 24. I've learned in a month about linux and I'm basically working now from command line, now trying to learn python and thinkering around. I think programming languages are not that hard, once you get how they work and their structure, you're gonna make it.

Im 22 and know 100 programmings. This kills me from inside on daily basis.
Should I quit my current job and program for a living?

Deep learning is part of machine learning user.

yes, that was stupid, my bad

he could just jump into deep learning specialization though

33 year old programmer here. Programming is a lonely job, I wouldn't recommend it for everybody.

Attached: gym.webm (480x600, 570K)

Did she sue the gym?

No its a waste of time top tier programmers are programming software that makes software, sorry user but the best you can hope for is to get into server technician its literally booming, another thing literally booming is bomb forensics, no joke my dads mate banked 80K over 10 years 20 years ago.£ not $ so probably 120 K over 10 years.

yeah right
the only pussy youve seen is on your computer

I'm prematurely ejaculating from just watching this webm.

120k over 10 y is horrible

>2015+3
>iphone still doesn’t support webm
lurking in bed is half comfy, half suffering.

keep in mind it was 20 years ago when the dollar/pound was much stronger. also different cost of living in different parts of the world, i wouldn't sneeze at that kind of money

the real question is how he can thing bomb forensics is booming if he is thinking about something that happened 20 years ago. unless it was a joke (bombs do go boom)

Attached: machine3.webm (640x360, 2.78M)

ur not gonna make it

that piece of shit OS still doesn't support flash either so im not surprised

>>pay retarded indians who can't code the same amount as educated and practiced whites who can code
Hahahahah this delusion. I can smell you redneck.

Did the first one in python in like 20 minutes
This is nice, thanks user, saved

you guys make it sound like you need to dedicate your entire life to programming to get a job and make a decent wage in it.
simply isn't true. are yo all talking about 300k google jobs or something?

Pajeet offended about pajeetes

Thanks, just bought 100 programs

Is this how you cope with the fact that your programing education is useless?

Are you willing to spend most of your life(around 10-15 hours a day) programming? If the answer is no then you shouldn't quit your job. There's a reason most good programmers seem pretty autistic. It requires an autistic focus on that one single thing all day every day for years.

>he thinks that every single programmer making a decent wage spends 10-15 hours of their time a day hardcore programming, and even doing it in free time.

DO YOU EVEN KNOW? how common autism is? the percent of population with it vs the number of programmers making a good wage is in comparable. You are talking out your ass and projecting your own failures.

we are not talking bout 300k google jobs.

Yea even Peter Thiel says autists code best.
It's pretty obvious if you look around.

>Peter Thiel: Asperger’s can be a big advantage in Silicon Valley
>businessinsider.com/peter-thiel-aspergers-is-an-advantage-2015-4

Well, do you know any actual good programmers who get hired that do less than 10 hours of programming a day and never program in their freetime?

comparing the 99.9th percentile to anything above 70th.

this binary thinking is your problem. In anything, the 99.9th percentile is order of magnitudes above even the 90th in terms of what they possess in skill or have practiced to achieve it.
take a world record sprinter. their training is 10x as involved as someone who is even 90% as good as them.

you faggots are obsessed with extremes. "i cant be extreme best so no point" mentality. average is pretty fucking easy concept to graps yet most cannot. being above average is not difficult if you want to be, but being 99.9th percentile is fucking hard.

in other words, to make a good salary as a programmer you simply need to be above the median which is very dooable without 24 hour a day autism coding.

too ad its like saying "i have 135 Iq, but i can never be as good as the guy with 140 so there is no fucking point.

its so fucking retarded. thats not how bell curves work.

the best programmer i know finishes all his work in 4 hours and then does random shit for the rest of day

Do you want to become a programmer? There are better paying jobs.

>There are better paying jobs.
like what user?

The problem with coding is the bar constantly moves higher. This is partly due to people coding on their free-time, raising their skill-level (and skill-bar) even on break/vacation, unlike other jobs.
The harder people compete, the higher the bar goes and more hours everyone has to give their employer.

It's like the tragedy of the commons problem, where acting individually makes the common goal (wages) harder to obtain.

Nerds would be smart to form a cartel (syndicate/consortium/union/etc) to pool their interests.
Or simply stop competing so hard against each other. Competing on # of hours doesn't end well, like in Japan where people sleep in their office and die of exhaustion to work more than others.

But then there's the prisoner's dilemma where you can't be sure others will cooperate, so a binding cartel contract might work better.

I'm assuming US. Healthcare (RN, Physician Assistant, Doctor) all pay vey well and you will never be laid off for Pajeet. For example, physicians assistants make 100k starting guaranteed and you will max out at 150k. You can make that much in programming, but you have to be ahead of the curve. If OP is personable, corporate sales can pay. There are other positions in business as well.

Being a programmer is a meme. You're just another wagecuck that makes 30% more while working worse hours. Unless you plan on starting your own business, then go ahead.

nice analysis, I'm dead serious

The problem is globalization. To your typical Deloette MBA hiring 10 Indians or Philipinos is a better choice, since by the time the project crashed and burns he's out of there anyway

how dumb would i have to be to drop out of college? starting cs degree and scared

Don't drop out.

Everyone should know programming, so yes.
The future will be nothing other than computers running shit, I thought everyone knew this.

ill try not to. i havent started college yet but i hear so many ppl say that like half the class dropsout of csmajor

Superintelligent AI will make casual programming skills moot.

That is because colleges have dropped the standards for admissions. I'm almost done and except for online quizzes, the class average in every class is a low C to D. Just don't be a degenerate and actually study.

I'm a Senior Developer, no college degree, self-thought. Here's my take on it: If you don't have other skills, investment money or connections don't hesitate and start learning code. Front End Development would be a good start or maybe WordPress. Sure, there's downsides such as:
> Work that encourages autism. If you wanna progress get ready to spend all your time in front of the computer, diving deep into computer science
> You'll always be just a pajeet working for a startup, bigcorp or some asshat that's getting rich off your work.
> It's an insanely frustrating job at times especially because of broken recruitment systems and incompetent managers.
> It takes a long time to get good and a lot of sacrifice
> It's an 'uncool' profession, girls will think you're a neckbeard as soon as you mention it, most programmers are beta as hell

With that being said, you should still do it. Upsides are:
> /comfy/ job. If you're smart about it you can even go the freelancing route and work from home. I did for a couple of years and it was great.
> Good to great pay, plenty of benefits, great job stability
> Ability to learn how to actually build something useful. This is a world in which idiots, functional retards and useless whores all have jobs. Their jobs usually consist of paper pushing, making themselves seem useful and standing in your way. Being a Software Engineer is an exception to that rule, you will find joy in building complex stuff that impacts the lives of people. Just make sure you work for the right company, project or person. For every good project out there there's 3 that are soul crushing. Be careful of cucked companies ran by women and outsourcing sweatshops that put an emphasis on quantity over quality.

Get on it, no one should have to work at McDonalds. If you're smart you'll be a junior developer with full time employment 6 months from today.

>LY2YB3eD
Wrapping up my phd in the field. We are decades away from that. Not wise to plan with that in mind

"random shit" is something programming related right? What does he do in his free time? Program perhaps?