Realtor

I'm thinking about doing a $4K course to learn the basics of being a realtor. I don't even know if I'm really going use it short term tho. It's just intersting and gives me more options. What do you guys think. Any realtors around here. Is it hard out there.. Should i take the 1 year parttime course or what why can I learn?

Attached: download.jpg (274x184, 9K)

$4K course lmao

Attached: B841F133-26C1-4240-A4D6-FF557219D6C9.png (474x711, 90K)

I think that sounds like you getting robbed when you can just buy a book for $50, study for the exam and pass and have your license.

Come with better suggestions. I'm not poor and very young. I don't mind investing in myself. Study Law as main study so who cares, if all goes wrong i can be a wagecuck for a few months and pay everything.

>dear diary
>Today I had an idea
>Maybe I should spend 4k to learn how to sell people's homes

Thanks for reading!!!1

Where I live you don't even need a license. Didn;t think about that. I can just look up the books and buy them myself.... Genius. Can't put it on my cv tho.

Honestly. It's not about that but i need to have basic knowledge of taxation and be able to read a fucking map. Don't focus too much on the money i didn't all in skycoin like you did. I bought ans at 2
and sold at 130

We should make this a course on bitdegree and fuck over massive amounts of single moms

Real Estate is a meme. Choose another niche, its way oversaturated. You know how something is oversaturated? When a fuckton of women enter the space, and that's exactly whats happened to Real Estate. Tons of thots do Real Estate now.

If I were to do Real Estate, I would specialize in a niche that is not the housing market. Some other niche. But I am not sure how would you do it.

That's actually a great idea. Kek. Just buy few books teach them the basics, record once. Constant income stream

> i didn't all in skycoin like you did
Could we like, not talk about crypto for once in a non crypto thread? Come on biz

Every late-20s woman I know that failed in their first career choice is now a realtor. It is legitimately a backup career for dummies.

Mmm, while I agree. I think i can outperform all those horrible women. It might be very competitive tho... Not that my goal is to be a realtor. But i think it's fun. Also, if you get in on the right project you can get filthy rich.

They earn nice money tho

Kek, this. Tons of women in their late 20s do it. It's actually fairly profitable if you are in a good area. If you are good looking that will help. Just being honest.

>4k
Sounds like you're paying for some fuck's new house

I know nothing about the field, but isn't it dominated by rich housewives who do it part-time?

Well not the right project, but if you are in a good area, you can make good money. One of my friends' parents did real estate and he did really well, he managed to dominate the upper middle class suburbia segment in NJ. Now its oversaturated, alot of women do it. Remember that real estate is all sales.

I forget that people are so dumb that they literally buy houses based on how much fun their day with the realtor is. Sometimes i forgot.

Yeah im above average at least so that helps.

Actually I've been thinking about doing it part time while I invest and trade in crypto. But I would target areas which are hot right now, and I would move to them. So hot markets would be places like Charlotte NC area, DFW TX, Florida, Nashville, Denver. Pretty much all the South and West, because everyone is fleeing the Northeast and Northwest liberal shitholes.

I might also specialize into just doing rural land sales.

You dont just take a course then become a realtor. You would have to work under another realtor in an office first to build up experience. But in general, like this guy saidRE is a meme, especially the housing market.

>No license needed

Where are you OP?

You do realize that RealtorĀ® is a trademarked term for a US trade association/lobbying group, the National Association of Realtors? It's become a somewhat genericized term, but unless your are a member of NAR or a foreign affiliate (like AMPI in Mexico) then I wouldn't call myself one. Also read some books and talk to brokers in your area, you might find an opportunity to take their training for free or at least learn the ropes.

most realtors are attractive people
most male realtors are above 6ft

those are the people who you are competing against

You wont make much if you do it part time. The ones that make big money work everyday and long hours.

How smart are you? How presentable are you? How good with people are you?

I've bought 3 homes and my parents are real estate investors. My experience has been that 90% of realtors are uncommitted chumps looking for short term sales. I've dealt with 4 realtors and they were all dumb, slow or unwilling to answer their phones, lazy, and left me 100% unwilling to recommend them.

The last guy I used was recommended by someone else. He was 100% professional, ansered his phone or texted right back 99% of the time, and knew his shit. He could answer any question and never pushed anything. I could tell his goal was to close the deal in whatever way I wanted and get me to refer him to the next guy. I asked him and he said he sold over 30 houses in 2017. Houses where I live are about 450k on average so before tax if he made average 2.5% that's well over 300k. No flashy car or clothes, no promises, no bullshit. He saved me big on recommendations and collected on my sale (430k) and purchase (525k) and made it look easy. Now he's my guy for life.

He only sells in my area and knows EVERYONE. He knew my wifes family and our neighbors. He knew 75% of the realtors showing my house and followed up with them, and he knew the investor I bought my new house from. We wanted to look at houses in the next town over and he recommended against using him because he didnt know the area well enough. That scored points with me because he walked away from over 10,000$ commission to do the right thing. He used to be an attorney so he had a good idea of what's legal and how to protect myself.

So OP, I think you'd better be smart, clean cut, committed, and insanely conscientious if you want to make it. If you approach it like the housewives who want an easy buck, you'll fall off a cliff.

Realtor 5 years here.
To make it you have to be able to work your ass off. Not just dabble in it. If you are young. It is the best career. Takes about 3-5 years to build up clientele but once you have it. It is a lot easier. One big key is to be able to save money for tough times and be a go-getter. If you can't do either. Forget it.

All these brainlets ITT who think that real estate is just single family residential sales by Agent Chad and Stacy.

I don't know where you are but the average age for a real estate agent in the US is about 55. Most are women, and most do less than 3 sales a year and treat it like a part time job. If you are good at sales and motivated you could do much better. Not all agents are just residential sales. If you are good at paperwork and dealing with bullshit then try property management. If you know basic finance then consider commercial real estate sales.

Most thots don't make it in real estate. Usually last a year or so and then go back to using the pussy pass and milking their husbands, again.

Oy

>be able to read a fucking map
I know a lot of realtors. In no way is this a prerequisite.

I agree. Not sure where the 4k number came from but you should be able to get good schooling for 5-700 and pass the exam.

Well, I am smart, good looking and tall. Commitment is a problem for me in general tho. But well you nee dit for everything.

Very interesting read.

I am always trying to be real with people. I don't like selling garbage, i was afraid that would hold me back. I'm good with people but not so slick as these narcistic motherfuckers that appear nice to everyone.

I think i should be able to just be nice and passionate and help the client. That should be better than a whore or slick dude trying to sell it like it;'s a car... Just thinking out loud. Thanks user.

I know that. My father always did a lot of stuff but also some real estate. And crisis hit fucking hard here at home. It's just cycles. Thanks for the tips tho.

I like to be somewhat good at what I do. Or I would be ashamed kek.

4K was some school in my country. But your right. I'm going to look for a place that just let's me do the exam and that i can home study

Netherlands. Oh yeah, sorry i'm not that good at english. But I want to do the same as realtors do, but than not in that organisation.

>I don't like selling garbage
Then dont get into RE

np

If I was going to become a realtor, I'd go to like 20 open houses and walk around and listen to people and shake hands and pretend like I was a potential buyer and check out the people. I think you need a real passion for it because of all the other retards. Like the other guy said I think you'll need to plan on making next to nothing for the first few years while you struggle to get known and know how to answer every question.

Oh and the super successful realtor I described is a short Italian guy who's average looking. It was how he carried himself. No nonsense, sharp, confident, friendly.

cant you learn it online for free!?

^^

Ok, interesting. ty

I mean, it should be. But where?