Do Americans really hate reading?

Do Americans really hate reading?

Attached: reading is for faggots.jpg (500x500, 144K)

fsfhdsijsif sdfjdsifjsidjf ifjlkvmv
djfsdofsdfdfs dfsijn3432#////

The only book worth reading is the kjv bible

I read threads on 4channel everyday

Not when a lot of famous /lit/ is from the US

No. Actually most people here read somewhat regularly and it's not seen as nerdy. Unlike in Germany when you stop reading and work as a mechanic after age 16

>Not when a lot of famous /lit/ is from the US

Is that due to immigrants and jewish authors?

>Jews born in the USA aren't American!
>btw Schoenberg and Einstein are German :^)

Well they have German names.
Do they have american names?

We are all immigrants.

Lot of famous anglo-American authors as well

Attached: kinda.gif (500x195, 1.74M)

Mutts love Dostoevsky lol

Isnt barnes and noble one of the biggest retailers?

No they don't. Nobody here outside of literature majors knew who that was until Jordan B. Peterson publicly worshiped his feet.

90% of my high school peers have German surnames
t. 18 year old high schooler

reeding is ghey as fuk

It's a meme started by those that want to discredit Americans in general, on the internet or greater world in general. It's low hanging fruit for the politically weak to bolster their own sense of righteousness over what they perceive as mightier than themselves. Simply put, it's the opium of the insecure, but I welcome it, an enemy that underestimates your capability is a good thing.

It really doesn't count if you live in Pennsylvania

Americans don't HATE reading but typically Americans don't read. Still, reading is a large business even if the majority isn't engaged in regularly. Millions of readers live in the country.

Pennsylvania was colonized by D*tch though. The Midwest is where the Germans are

Almost every person that I can think of that got the "Great American Author" title was neither Jewish nor an immigrant. Most of the American artists who are of Jewish descent are the transgressive edgelords.

PA was not colonized by the Dutch you ignorant dunce.

Attached: william penn beckoning colonists to america.jpg (2037x1009, 387K)

Why are they called Pennsylvania Dutch then? Pennsylvania is unironically the worst state in the US, second behind only California due Almost all of them being Dutch babies

Only right wing Americans.

Maybe ten or more years ago.

Florida is the worst state. It's our IRL containment board.

Dutch was a catch-all term for Germanic peoples back in the day

Well, they did invent comics, after all.

you are stupid on so many levels I would have to invent a new one just for your use

"They" would not encompass all Pennsylvanians for a start, those you refer to as Pennsylvania dutch are Germans, and not actually dutch, furthermore, the first settlement of those Germans were those from the Palatinate invited by William Penn himself to this commonwealth. Those Germans did not constitute a majority of settlers, and in fact never did. PA was tolerant as regions went in those days, and had no religious expectations for admission to the colony in its charter. Catholics, Lutherans, Quakers, and even the rare jew were among those that came to seek their fortune here. More germans of course streamed into the region in the 19th century, as did russians, lithuanians, latvians, italians, poles, etc. etc.

The first settlers to the region were not uncommonly Presbyterians, even those straight from Ulster.

pewds made a video about reading 721 books in 2018 so i think i'm going to read some in 2019

I think he must be counting a magazine as a book if he's managed the time to go through so many volumes in only one year's time.

Florida is based
The Australia of the US