Why the fuck does every single fucking normie in existence keep repeating "find your passion" "love what you do!"...

Why the fuck does every single fucking normie in existence keep repeating "find your passion" "love what you do!" "follow your dreams!"

Seriously what the fuck, I am trying to work for M O N E Y, right? How am I supposed to get any helpful information about career choices when everyone keeps telling me to do what I love to do when what I love to do is sitting on my ass playing video games and getting drunk?

Are all of these people delusional brainlets spouting nonsense about some fairy tale world where people love to work, or am I just a loser who is doomed to hate his job?

Attached: 4963073+_9c9d94f2aa28383e61613e267c3c3c0e.jpg (649x638, 40K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vaf_UMXiB3k
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It’s a low iq thing, unsatifies unfulfilled people are drawn to that shit like a moth to a flame. Also they don’t have Jesus so there’s that,

Just believe in yourself.

Attached: 1505221511473.jpg (720x707, 66K)

And another thing, every time I do a search regardless of the engine the first 5 pages are from worthless history and pol. sci majors who try to shove this shit down our throats VIA Medium, WA Post, NY Times, Gawker, and any other timewasting shithole that the filth of the world try to make a living in their "passion" congregate

Attached: 1514969955510.jpg (500x500, 44K)

>>what I love to do is sitting on my ass playing video games and getting drunk?

You must work to live, you must live to love, you must love to dream to become fulfilled & successful. Read your words above. Fix it. Baby steps fren. Working hard here right beside you, its doable and hopefully worth it. Sorry to get sappy frens

They're NPCs.

Attached: DTZPiONVAAAm62L[1].jpg (912x869, 187K)

Yes I get it, but how does a person change what they love to do?

Maybe I'm getting meme'd here but I'm desperate at this point to know what I'm missing. Google is of no help at all, and I have nobody else to talk to

>get an engineering degree
>go to law school for IP law
>make 6 figures out of school
>buy xsn
>live off masternode income
>play video games and get drunk

It's a different personality type, that usually correlates to intelligence.

Just as idiots can make it, Autistic people can enjoy wagecucking

Stupid consumerist ideology which benefits those in power, obviously. The idea is that you brainwash yourself into "liking" a job so that you accept doing it forever and spend every penny you get on shit. if you wake up and realize you're wasting your life working you'll immediately stop spending and start investing, which will both bankrupt schlomo's useless trinket factories and drive estate/gold/stock/whatever prices up before he can accumulate

Attached: 10289140.jpg (1156x1180, 202K)

>Are all of these people delusional brainlets spouting nonsense about some fairy tale world where people love to work, or am I just a loser who is doomed to hate his job?

Can't it be both?

The reality is, if you are not rich to start, get a job with high ROI that pays quick. Not doctor. union electrician at railroad would be better. 60K at 19, 80k easily with overtime. While everyone else is playing beer pong, you invest that cash into income producing investments (such as property) or flip houses. This can get you to a 100k passive income easily by 30, at which point you quit the railroad/union electrician, then pursue time intensive but low investment business schemes for fun.

Wish I did this. I am 23 and just starting to make money now (70k) more wage slave opportunities later in life with the degree, but I would be way better off with 2 investment properties and 60k low mental stress clock-in clock -out job. (None of this coding into the night for my boss bull shit)

I basically got fucked over by other people and my own laziness in life so I've only recently been redpilled to things like these, now I realize the world of shit I live in and have to start over from the start.

>25 in a few months
>no job skills
>no degree but 11k in debt

The short story is I did what everyone else told me to do, went to college out of high school took what I thought was comp sci but the advisers tricked my naive 18 year old mind into thinking IT and CS were the same thing. Before this I had essentially no contact with the outside world from homeschooling and teaching myself for 5 years.

I lost 55lbs to try and join the military after dropping out, got injured in basic and got kicked out, worked a couple jobs but had to move around 7 times over the course of 2 years. Now here I am, sorry for the essay it's the shortest I could make it without leaving details.

Basically I'm 25 with no skills aside from basic IT knowledge. My parents are more than happy to let me live with them as long as I'm doing something with my life but I have no idea what the fuck to do. I have no real interests, but I don't want to still be a loser in the future what do?
I'm not joking, you guys really are my last hope for information.

Attached: 1518068192386.png (540x404, 391K)

I WANT to do this, but I have no job skills I can market at the moment that pay beyond minimum wage, after calculating it up I could feasibly live on my own and have only $200/mo left over after (((taxes))), bills, and basic needs for living

>talks about iq
>brings up jesus

Attached: 1528736926826.jpg (348x350, 15K)

To be fair, a lot of self proclaimed (((athiests))) these days aren't much better

I will give you my IT skills copy pasta
1. Find linux customer service helpdesk job in the closest big city. They are always hiring and need people due to turnover (the workers move up and out) Google "cloud providers based in New Jersey" for example. Linode was trying to get me before I got a degree, seemed like a cool spot. There are dozens-hundreds of these cloud startups.

1-2 years as customer service ($15-$20 per hour) then move up to sys admin ($25-35 per hour)
1-2 years as sys admin, get your cisa and ethical hacking certs . You are now a cyber security expert and can ask for 80-100k salaried. You will hit a ceiling pretty quick without a degree but its a good job, companies will be hurting for these pros for decades imo.

Either that or become a tradie and do what I said before.

God is real. Any genius will know this. Christ on the other hand cannot be undeniably verified.

Some solid fucking advice, thank you user. Do you recommend any sites or other places where I can gather information?

I currently live in Vancouver, WA if that's any help. Not really looking for you to do my homework for me but I don't have anyone who can point me anywhere.

I have a mostly completed associates in IT from a city that is an hour drive from where I live, would it be worth it to finish this?

I suppose it would depend on what you defined a god as, none of us can truly know because in my opinion to know something such as this would be too big a task for our minds. Like asking an ant if it believes in cloud computing.

I like to believe however that living virtuously and for others will be plenty to satisfy any entity after death if they exist

If you can figure out which careers have what prospects for M O N E Y, then you're so stupid that you might as well be told to just "follow your passion, idiot"

I was serious actually. I don't have a solution. I think it comes down to finding that thing that you are so sure of that you dont turn to the normies for input though. You have to try tons of stuff to find it. I'm still looking but I'm hopefully getting closer. I can say you aren't finding it sticking to comforts. I guess I'll break it down to two things
>reward yourself
>try everything
Who knows though, maybe you just want to learn videogames or start a craft brewery. Dont overthink it. Just see what makes you smile.

Who said I didn't know what earned money? I was simply venting about how many useless platitudes people want to fill my brain with any time I try to search for more options

I wanted to confirm that jobs aren't something that you love unless you're lucky enough to get a good job. You know, the kind that doesn't involve working in oil fields in 120 degree weather, or entering data in a cubicle for half your life. Essentially I am trying to get solace in knowing I'm not alone with the frustration of being told these things when they inherently make no sense considering the basic laws of supply and demand.

Fair enough, also good advice

All I'll say is if you're going to start up a business have a practice run with a nonprofit. Everything is cheaper and easier to set up/run on the paperwork/management end + if it fails your next employer still thinks you're better than your run of the mill "good" person.
Be careful though with fundraising laws across states tho

>ree the normies
>i just want to get drunk and play vidya
Kys scum

I don't get it, is there something wrong with drinking and video games?

Drinking not so much these days, I got bored of it. We're talking about the mindset and attitude here, not the habits

Work has nothing to do with making money. Literally nobody works for money. It's amazing anyone ever thinks this. Why do you think employers care so much about how well you fit into the employee culture at interviews? Why isn't work a meritocracy? Why job politics? The answers to these Qs is that work is a lifestyle choice not a way to get rich. To get rich you have to be some combination of intelligent/aggressive/lucky/jewy/unscrupulous

Imagine you like writing, you can get paid to do it since you were gonna have it as a hobby anyway. If there's something you like, or don't hate, having a job will be a breeze.
If you only like getting drunk and playing games do it for the memes, get an office job and troll everybody, write scripts to automate shit, if applicable, spend all the time shitting in the bathroom, etc. Some times you'll get to actually have work done but think about it, you have to spend at least 8 hours a day doing something, might as well be something not stressful. It doesn't matter if you make it and don't enjoy it because you will get old fast, you don't wanna be the 30 year old boomer who buys a ferrari for his midlife crisis just to show off and waste 10 years of your life working, that's time you'll never get back.

That's sugar coating it a little bit, most likely having a job will suck a lot of times, but in a society things don't get done by themselves, you can always work in a farm and grow your own food and goods and don't even care about (((society))) as you say, but the work won't be any lighter, I guarantee you.

For me it's like a game, find a combination of not wanting to kill yourself, while making decent money and time to fuck around

>This can get you to a 100k passive income easily by 30
Easily save up 2,5MM by the time you are 30

delusion

Jesus died for your sins you stupid faggot, show some respect.

Attached: 615MHZOaq3L._SX355_.jpg (355x341, 28K)

>Mfw had an interview where I essentially said I enjoy this type of work and if I can put in 8hours towards doing what I like and building skills up that I need then that's what I'd like
>Pajeet interviewer is literally upset by this answer and essentially said he wants someone to work because they have to work.

Seems like the worst lowiq response ever. He's the type of fag that spends 8hours a day somewhere he'd rather not be just to get the remaining few hours with his family.

That is the ultimate wagecuck mentality.

>Why the fuck does every single fucking normie in existence keep repeating "find your passion" "love what you do!" "follow your dreams!"
its because that's what they themselves lack, as they continue with their wagecuck normie life

Search engines are dead and overrated, I hope people realize soon how shitty their results are for non trivial queries.

what I love to do is sitting on my ass playing video games and getting drunk?
Monetize it

>get an engineering degree
>go to law school for IP law
Tell me more

Follow your dreams is a complete retard meme. It's what boomer parents, who grew up in an economy with infinite possibilities, spew to their kids. That's how you end up with fucking music or dance or theater majors in college racking up 100k debt.

However, work life balance is incredibly important. Money isn't everything. I absolutely love my current job, so much that I don't even mind being a wagecuck. I spend about 2/3 of my time in the comfy office (where a lot of time is spent shitposting and not doing much of anything) and 1/3 out in the field driving all over the place doing inspections, which is good because I like driving. I'm on the clock till 3:30 but I'm usually home before 2 everyday. Its not a strenuous job so i still have plenty of energy and time to do my hobbies after work.

I only make 65k but that's enough for me, I have friends making 95k doing the same job but in private companies where they are worked to death, 9-12 hours a day, 5-6 days a week, and because they're salaried they don't even get paid extra. I would absolutely not want to be doing that for an extra 30k.

They are lying to you so you wouldn't become their competition. Most people do this subconsciously.

You should understand that "find your passion" "love what you do" and "follow your dreams" all apply to the desire to accrue wealth.

Drop an email. Maybe your passion is as simple as making money, we can talk more.

maybe you should stream yourself playing videogames and getting drunk u fag

OP should follow his heart. Look around you you can be anything you want, even president one day. If your employer matches 401k contributions be sure to add to it.

What other dumb normie shit do people say

Nothing bad about it. I love movies, that's why i became a DP. Maybe one day i will direct my own movie, so i'm glad that i keep following my dreams.

You have two options in life.

Job: Way to make money, but you may hate it or just not really care

Career: A job that you enjoy and are passionate about. Your first choice should always be finding a career you can enjoy that you look forward to going to.

>what I love to do is sitting on my ass playing video games and getting drunk?

you are an NPC, do whatever you want because it honestly doesn't matter

I wrote a script that keeps the mouse active by moving its x,y coords over a random number of seconds. Am I doing what I love? Or, am I going to Jow Forums hell?

Those things are bullshit said by wishy washy fucks. What you need to know is that: ALL JOBS SUCK. This is the main axiom.

All that bullshit about how "passionate" you are to work on field X or Y and how "keen" you are to learn and work is just virtue signaling to get jobs (granted that there are exceptions, but that goes without saying). Even if you work in a field or a job that you are initially excited about, it will get boring and, after that, soul-draining. This is due to the bullshit required 40 hours of work per week, which doesn't make sense most of the times nowadays given that in most jobs you could condense the work to be done in 20 hours or less.

However, there's a spectrum of suckyness. You have jobs that really sucks and jobs that don't suck that much, but either way all of them SUCK! The sooner you accept this truth, the better.

So what can you do? Get a job that:
- Doesn't totally suck;
- Is immune to automatization, outsourcing and ageism (hint: blue collar work meets these 3 requisites);
- Has a real possibility to allow you to retire early;

Now go and be happy with this newfound knowledge.

This is a good post. I just sent it to my girlfriend who started a new job 2 weeks ago and she hates the tedious office work and isn't happy. She's getting her first taste of proper wageslave life. I told her everyone feels like this and all jobs suck but I guess she doesn't believe me.

It isn't entirely virtue signaling. Think about it from the perspective of people who already have a job. Do you want to work with the new guy who just whines and complains about the job and doesn't put in any effort since it's just a pay check for him? And puts in no effort to improve since he thinks it's just bullshit? Why would you want to work with someone like that?

There's a healthy medium.

Of course there's a healthy medium, but having to learning X in order to do a job is different to be "passionate" wrt X (being "passionate" means that you would deal X even if it didn't pay you).

This banal use of "passionate", "keen", "grit" and other buzzwordy words that look good in a resume or LinkedIn is what really rustles my jimmies.

This video is for you (about YT creators specifically but still relevant to this topic).

youtube.com/watch?v=vaf_UMXiB3k

>when what I love to do is sitting on my ass playing video games and getting drunk?
ez. become an entertaining drunk video game streamer

Jew programming on normies to keep them poor