Jow Forums feels thread - new year's edition

Now that 2019 is almost upon us, we must take the time to talk about our feelings about the year that was and the year that will soon be. Share your feels, and don't bully each other.

2018 was supposed to be my year lads. I applied early to a university abroad where I could take my master's degree, get friends and a girlfriend and prosper as a person. In preparation of this I started a process of improving myself, I stopped drinking, ate healthy, lost weight, read books. Then I didn't get accepted to the university I had applied to, now I've regained almost all of the weight I lost, haven't read a page in months, and have started drinking daily. I will start 2019 with the same plan, I have a diet set up and a new university where I will apply, and if it doesn't succeed this time, I will literally have no other choice but to kill myself. I'll be 29 next year, and have tried since I was 16 to improve my life to no avail. I can't just keep fighting a losing battle my entire life.

How was 2018 for you, and what's your plans for 2019?

Attached: 1503274733871.png (5000x5000, 378K)

i will finish my degree and hopefully begin my career. I've been speaking with my uncle who has business ties in Sweden and Finland, hopefully something will work out with that, I would like to live abroad for a few years.

Sounds good user. Keep in mind though, Sweden and especially Finland will be way more introverted than you are used to.

Thanks. I'm extremely introverted, so I think it's a good fit for me.

Good luck with getting accepted by the way. What country have you chosen for your masters program? And what field if I may ask?

If you're introverted yourself, Scandinavia will suit you just fine. We're like a thermos, cold on the outside, but warm once you get us to open up. Alcohol helps in that regard.

I haven't yet decided definitely on the country, but I think it will be the UK or the US. I like mountains (I live in Norway, but in the flat part, I haven't seen real mountains ever in my life), so the University of Denver caught my attention. Don't know if I can figure out the admission requirements though, shit's confusing as fuck. The field would be International Relations, I fell for the "study what you love and you'll never work a day in your life" meme and now I have a literally useless bachelor's degree in humanities. IR seems to be the only realistic progression if I ever want to actually get a job.

>travel frequently
>often overseas and in developing country
>sometimes forget that Jow Forums is retarded
>constantly get told to "poo in the loo" or asked about street-shitting

>mfw not even Indian, either ethnically or by birth

I'm tired and good posts don't get replies.
I'll just call you a dumb snownigger and call it a night.

My son attends a college with a fair amount of Norwegians and Swedes, He claims that the Swedes are much more adept socially...is this generally true?

Remember when I said 2018 would be the year of the gf?
Haha I meant to say 2019..

Attached: oththoptyu.jpg (506x844, 246K)

Have you reached out to admissions departments? At big universities they have offices full of people dedicated to bringing more students in. They should be able to make you aware of any documents that will be required for entry. Denver would be cool, I would also check out University of Montana and University of Colorado if mountains scenery interests you. I can't be sure they've got the particular field you're looking for, but given that they are large state universities, I would be surprised if they didn't.

Any anons planning to suicide on NYE?

>my son
>college
fucking kek

Difficult to say, I don't know every Swede or Norwegian. Generally I would say we're the same, with lower class introverts who need alcohol to speak and upper class extroverts who'll walk up to anyone in the club and buy them a bottle of champagne to pour in the sink just to impress girls.

Also how old are you? Just curious.

I'm 44 and this is my youngest son(18)

Are you a milf?

Attached: 1544763869569.png (4000x2000, 75K)

Nah, haven't done much, it's all on my "To do for 2019" list. My main confusion is what the hell a GRE is, if I even need one as a European, and if so how to get one. Thanks for the suggestions on Colorado and Montana, I'll check it out :)

Why are you still on Jow Forums though? Not judging, I'm old myself.

dilf

Attached: 1534801710179.jpg (2448x3264, 2.88M)

How do I meet a woman and start a family? Share with me your wisdom.

Attached: 1542599972094.png (658x662, 59K)

>Why are you still on Jow Forums though?
Genuinely enjoy it here and there and once you spend a few years immersed in it, it's like where do you go to from here?

hella bitches
hella money
hella new countries

Attached: 1545321111800.jpg (400x399, 24K)

the GRE is a standardized exam for acceptance to graduate schools. i'm not sure it'd be required of you. also, i meant, university of Colorado boulder, it's literally at the base of the rocky mountains.

I started REALLY young and my oldest just turned 26. We went for it right out of high school and it failed pretty bad. I left her for somebody else and married her but she an heroed. My wisdom is admittedly limited, take you time and try to find a reasonable girl that you relate well to.

>and once you spend a few years immersed in it, it's like where do you go to from here?
Kek, I hear ya. I don't really think I'll ever leave this place even if I become a normie. Any words of wisdom to a guy in his late twenties who feels he has wasted his life?

>also, i meant, university of Colorado boulder
I knew that, Boulder is only like 30 minutes from Denver, it's why I looked into it in the first place. I'll send the admissions office an email next year (i.e. tomorrow) and figure out what I need to get there.

Also, Americans, is uni life in the US as bad as in the memes? Will I be prosecuted for rape if I look at an SJW the wrong way?

jesus christ

No, it's blown out of proportion quite a lot. If you do eventually go to school in Colorado, it will be super chill.

You are still young, and have time to find the right direction. The 40's fuck with you and make you settle in and focus more on your past than your future, that being said DON'T stall too MUCH and try and put some effort forth to bring about the life that you want for yourself

Cool, that's my only worry really. Apart from that, uni life in the US seems kinda cool, people seem to be much more outgoing than here. In Norway people can attend uni for years without even speaking to another person. I'm introverted myself, but I'm not THAT introverted you know?

Thanks man, it's easy to loose perspective when you've been going down the same road for too long. Next year I'm gonna fucking make it.

Also Americans, is a 29 year old boomer considered too old in US universities? Here it's not that strange, average age here is 27 or something, but judging from US movies, it seems most people are 21 year old chads. Will "old" people like me still be able to make friends is what I'm trying to ask.

2018 was as unstable a yr w/ ups n downs as ive ever had. lookin at my 30's now, have had more jobs and lived in more places than ur avg person and im tired, even tho im looking to hit reset and move once again. this yr really hurt me. i had and lost the love of my life. i have no idea where i am, completely uncharted waters mentally w my depression and my foundation of belief that things for me/the world can change for the better is dead. dont see a future worth living for myself or the world really (whatever u think abt real power/influence, the climate/environment, etc...it really is bad out there). i hate how human nature has an ingrained positivity - oh there's gotta be bison over the next hill! just keep going! - bc it's proven out to be a cruel lie. fuck 2018