What should I do with my money?

What should I do with my money?
>have around 1.2m bongs (1.5m burgers) from an inheritance
>26 year old loser with no university education, little skills, no driving license, and no job.
Spend most of my day on Jow Forums, gaming, or with my gf.
I am currently learning how to code javascript, sql, and some other stuff. So maybe I can buy a cheapish internet business and try make something of it. If it goes to shit, well, I won't starve.

Heads up, not going to buy meme coins.

Attached: pepefroggie.jpg (800x450, 36K)

found the larper, he made another thread

I’d life coach the fuck out of you. I’ve pulled myself up by my own bootstraps with far less resources my fag.

you're a pussy if you dont even have the balls to put 100k in BTC/ETH. Not gonna make it

All of your thinking is wrong. Buy some Bitcoins and send them to me you twat. Digits confirm.

Hint your plan at the end sucks shit, and you know it. I can smell the lack of passion from across the pond.

I’d wish you good luck but you sound like you’re already planning to squander and self sabotage

honest question: do you enjoy wallowing? The biggest secret in mental health is a high percentage of people are CHOOSING depression.

And I don’t care if b8 nigger a lot of you need to read this shit.

Attached: 7F606864-A1E1-412B-AE81-67F18E964391.png (569x701, 340K)

>or with my gf.
ya blew it op. back to le-ddit

Buy a house and live off like 10k/year

Ez.

Not larping.

That money will slowly run out.
That's true, I haven't found anything I'm completely passionate about. My main motivation now is just to create an income and some marketable skills, irrespective of whether it's my passion or not.

And then you’ll just have less financial worry (which if not larping, you already have). Essentially you’ll accomplish nothing and fulfillment will elude you.

When was the last time you took joy in anything. Not blowing a load into your waifu pillow, or eating really yummy tendies, those aren’t real joys unless you’re basically a one cell organism.

Seriously when was it? As a child maybe? You sound young so it shouldn’t be a long reach to find that. Not so long ago what was it that made you sincerely content and happy.

>don’t say “nothing” you fucking badass edgelord katana master

>not going to buy meme coins
fuck off

Playing video games was my earliest passion.
It's still that and weightlifitng. Being a personal trainer sucks though.
My main goal is to have a family, which is why I want to achieve a normie level career.

Your larp is discarded. You are terrible at this, I Fucking tried but you gave me nothing realistic to work with. Lurk moar and try again after summer you shit eating faggot

Not larping.
You asked me what I'm passionate about, which to me means what I enjoy most, and I told you. I don't like working, especially for someone else. Nor am I motivated by money for its own sake. I want a family and to not have to rely on others. That's it. If someone paid me a decent amount of money to clean toilets, I'd do that.

Out of all the subjects at school, I enjoyed mathematics and IT the most. Which is why I am trying to learn coding to a sufficient level. In addition to that, I think being a web developer or something similar would be very suitable to my goals (having a family and being self sufficient).

Phone posting now so have a different id.

>That money will slowly run out.
You're a fucking idiot. He buys a house for 100k, puts the remaining 1.5k in stocks or bonds and then lives off interest for like 10k

Wow, not hard. OP is set for life.

remaining 1.4m*

Congrats on the inheritance mate. You can easily make £100k passive income from rental properties with that. I have three so far (worth about £400k collectively) and get over £30k net per year from it. Just choose the area wisely.

I was thinking (among other things) about buying a building and converting it into student apartments as I live in a big student city

how much of that $30k do you have to spend on the mortgage for each house tho? unless they're all already paid off somehow?

>100k house

Attached: 1527297562520.jpg (250x246, 7K)

I don't have any experience of conversions personally, most people who do that kind of thing have experience working in that area already. It would give you something good to focus on if you don't have a lot else going on though.

There was a student place in Worcester up for about £3m a while back, not sure if it's still on Rightmove or not. Looked like it was built from scratch specifically with students in mind. You can always try and get a mortgage on top to increase your % yields, so don't let prices put you off. Obviously more profit in doing it yourself as long as you have the relevant permissions, etc.

you're a retard with no skills. you can't even drive. you will 100% lose all that money, because you are an absolute dipshit.

The £30k is net man, my mortgages are minimal nowadays.

I'm the same age as OP but have worked since 18 and saved pretty much everything along the way, and made some profit from Bitcoin also.

I've already made money just by keeping it in the account, so you're wrong.
And I can drive, but never bothered to get a license as I have never needed a car.

I was thinking of older Victorian era type buildings. They're usually around 500 - 600k where I live and are usually already converted into apartments. I wouldn't do the conversion myself obviously.

Honestly dude you do need to invest it properly ASAP though, the interest from the bank will not be outpacing inflation. Good job on keeping it intact though, lots of people would piss that kind of money away in no time.

Honestly I'm jealous as fuck, £1.2m is my exact retirement figure. Invest it wisely man.

get an IQ test so you can assess how likely you are to be able to expand that money instead of squandering it. I am serious. At the very least do a raven's progressive matrices test online.

Attached: nicole-meyer-coleccion-romanticos-3.jpg (1365x2048, 197K)

How many bedrooms in those buildings? Just be wary about maintenance considering how old they are. Capital growth could potentially be higher on those types of buildings though, just need to weigh up if you want more rental income or for your investment to appreciate more rapidly.

It's currently above inflation. But I am looking into diversifying it.
I am a natural scrooge. I haven't bought new clothes in 3 years.
Only thing I bought is a new pc (built it) and a laptop. My main expense will be a decent home and private school education for when I have kids.

Lol.
I've scored 126 on the online mensa.dk ravens test.
I've learned maths up to multivar calc so I'm not a complete retard. Zero chance of squandering it as I have no expenses beyond meagre living costs. Unless society collapses, then I'm fucked.

Good god you are projection personified

OP,

Im in uk, have an online biz making about 100k a year profit. Some investment of money and time would help push it to next level. Interested ?

Well then you have two choices. You can try to make something of yourself or you can just play vidya until you die. You should do some introspection and see how likely it is that you would be able to motivate yourself and also to see how badly you actually want to make something of yourself. The NEET life is tempting.

Around 6. And they're separate apartments inside the building accessed by a shared hallway.

And typical rent is around 500 - 700 per month

Really? Do you have access to preferential rates with that kind of money?

The best rate I have right now is with TSB however you can only throw £2k max into it - that's about 3.75% at the moment but obviously meaningless considering the deposit cap.

Sounds like your priorities are spot on, your goals are easily doable with your funds except maybe if you had your sights on London or something.

Give me £200k to set up my woodworking / metalworking workshop. I'll make lamps, furniture, furnishings 8 hours a day and sell them online or in a shop for the next 40 years. You can have 20% of the profits. You'll get your money back in like 5 years. All after that is profit for you.

Oh, I would also recommend buying index funds and stuff in case of financial catastrophe, like gold, guns, land, food, etc. That way if the economy collapses you're not fucked, and the index funds will also see your wealth grow.

Those yields are decent but you might want to consider part-mortgaging with mortgage rates being so low at the moment - can potentially double your returns %-wise that way. Negotiating with agents on their fee will be easier with so many separate tenants as well, unless you plan to manage it yourself.

I definetely want to do something to earn money. As I said I am learning coding right now. I'm either going to get some certificates for it with a code camp or go do comp sci at uni (can use a gubmint loan for it, which does not affect bank loans).

Yes I do mean by using equity/mortgages. Not planning to pay it in cash. The only problem is that
I will need a job before anyone gives me a decent mortgage. My gf earns a decent amount of money, but probably not enough.

Why you need so much money? A decent unit will be 800 quid a month

I don't think you should learn coding. It's not likely you would be able to make anything of value with it. At best you'd be a code monkey for someone else, but someone with your level of wealth doesn't need a wagie job. You should learn how to invest properly so you can sit back and receive dividends while also playing your beloved vidya.

Do you have any assets at the moment? They usually take other properties, etc, into account. Alternatively, if you have any relatives willing to co-sign the mortgage that could work too.

He needs it for the exit scam bruh

As long as I can make 25 - 40k a year with it, I'd be a content. It also doesn't interfere with the other stuff. I can get the investment/dividend ball rolling and do the wagecucking on the side or buy a business for freelancing.

you can neet it it up with 1.5m easily, hire a money manager

>Do you have any assets at the moment
Nothing.
I don't want to neet it up.

Don't be a pussy all in LINK

25-40k a year is a drop in the bucket compared to what you'd be making investing with your level of capital. You're going to quickly ask yourself "why am I wasting my time with this wageslave job?" and regret all that time you spent learning to code. I guess it's wise to have a skill but at this point you could just put everything into index funds and make more. You need to find a way to utilize your wealth to your advantage instead of grinding out shekels like a lower class. Newsflash: working sucks.

The thing is, I need some sort of skill now. Think of it as a contingency.
The wage cucking/working would also be for living expenses, so I never need to tap into the other money or mitigate doing so. I'm definetely going to put a good percentage of it into index funds, some into bonds, and some into property of some kind.

Well then computer science is a good bet. If I were you I would be focusing on learning how to swing my wealth around though.

What sources? I've been reading finance websites. I'm wary of going to see someone in person for advice.

Don't buy financial advice--it's a waste of money. I don't have any good sources to tell you about, because everything I've read has been trash. The best way to learn is to use your own mind, if it's a good one.

One more thing, don't buy bonds. Bonds are fucking awful. I'm not saying you shouldn't put risk-averse things into your portfolio, but if you want to do that then just buy gold. Gold is down now and it's a good time to buy. A combination of oh-shit investments like gold, land along with optimistic ones like index funds will put you in a good position regardless of what the future holds.

>That money will slowly run out.

Yeah, in 100 years.
You'll be dead by then.

What's wrong with bonds?
Can't think of anything safer than investing into a country like Britain, Norway, Switzerland, etc

And what about mutual funds? Some of the good ones have return data for close to half a century.

The interest rate of bonds barely keeps up with inflation, but people still use them as a staple. This is why I'm saying don't believe everything you read, because most people are stupid.

>Can't think of anything safer
Yes bonds are safe, but gold is even safer. Why? Because gold will still have value in the event some 08 thing happens. Whereas with bonds your investment has the risk of getting inflated away. Index funds are a bet of optimism, and gold is a bet of pessimism. If you buy both extremes you'll be better off than most regardless of what happens, and you cannot predict what will happen, even in today's times. There's always a risk of financial collapse.

OP, I think that if you don't want to take a small part of your money, for you that would be like 50k and learn / try to trade crypto (making only the safest trades), you should at least wait a little longer. Might be one, might be three years, but at some point the stock markets will turn around. And you should wait for the crash and scoop up cheap dividend paying stocks / ETFs. With that kind of money you're gonna make enough with the dividends to live off of it AND have your capital grow.

What makes you think there will be a crash?

There's a credit bubble. The student loan bubble is already bigger than the sub-prime mortgage bubble ever was, for one.

Do the gubmint loans in the U.S. work differently? Here any unpaid loan is written off after a few decades.

First of all the mere fact that markets don't go up in a straight line forever. Look at the chart for the DJI or the SPX. The markets have been in a bull trend for more than 9 years, despite what the general population feels about economy or the financial situations.
A lot of tech stocks are once again extremely overrated. The prices have gotten too high - once again. It's as if it's always the same story. And every time we're up there people remain in denial, acting like "this time it's different".
Furthermore, despite what Jow Forumsthedonald and other fanboys may claim, Donald Trump is playing with fire. There's a high chance of a lot of bad news coming if he actually starts a trade war and it backfires. How long until the high confidence in the market starts falling?

However, I'm not telling you to short the market. I'm telling you to sit and wait. If it happens, good for you. If it doesn't you will not lose anything.

CAlls projection then begs for money, you are a fucking lowlife bruv.

Fookin Fire me I’ll ram me foot up yer arse and wear you as mi shoe.

You wee little cunt.

I am selling the domain PepeFrog.com. make me an offer and use it to create a pepe forum

In the US student loan debt is basically impossible to remove in any way aside from payment.

After buying a house you would have 1 million dollars you retard, pay out the tax on the inheritance and then just invest it into a safe blue chip stock. Enjoy making 40k~ after taxes on a 7~ ROI per year.

You earn over 7% net on property? Wtf teach me

>I'm telling you to sit and wait
Wait in what? Usd? Eur?

bump