On this day lat year, ETH was at it's highest ever sat value, at 0.15 BTC / ETH

On this day lat year, ETH was at it's highest ever sat value, at 0.15 BTC / ETH
It peaked at jsut under 400 dollars, starting at 10 bucks in January.

BTC was at its highest point in the year.
Now BTC is at one if its lowest points of the year.

ETh is the same. Eth is also 0.07 SATS today.

That was your last chance to make it anons.

Attached: Ethereum-vs-bitcoin.jpg (810x414, 120K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ethresear.ch/t/committee-based-sharded-casper/2197
poloniex.com/exchange#btc_eth
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ponzi_scheme
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Ponzi
investopedia.com/terms/p/ponzischeme.asp
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It was so close to happening last year. It will most certainly happen when hybrid Casper is released later this year. It will be front page news around the world. I hope biz is ready for it, it will be the greatest golden bull run the world has ever seen.

Attached: eth.btc.flippening.jpg (1920x1200, 210K)

fuck I'm still accumulating

Attached: ETH.jpg (444x567, 40K)

ETH is GOAT. If i had the investment i'd all in on it and sit comfy till my 10x happens.
but i am a poor fag and need shitcoins. cant believe i didnt buy more eth last year. still have the reminder popping up daily that says "buy ethirium" which is 600 days old. finally purcahsed in last august.

Speaking of which that was a brutal fuckign correction from the high, do you remember why exactly it happened? i cant.

Attached: 1522358862827.png (1000x1102, 433K)

The run up happened because of the Ethereum Enterprise Alliance press releases, pullback was because btc futures/etf speculation.

Ethereum went from an abstract nerd idea to mainstream corporation approved decentralized solution.

It will happen again as soon as scaling solutions and major DApps are released.

Ethereum will be bigger than the bronze age, bigger than the industrial revolution, bigger than the internet.

Attached: Enterprise Ethereum Alliance Members - members of EEA.jpg (589x1600, 144K)

Casper is not going to be released this year, they scrapped it.

BTC futures was in november? idont see how it cuased the huge pull back last July.
the pull back on eth started at the 0.15 rejection, and then BTC crashed in august which probably made ETH continue to plummet.

maybe it was as simple as a huge rally needs a huge correction?

Attached: 1525474162252.gif (480x366, 1.51M)

Casper FFG is being released this fall. It is in QA testing right now. It was discussed at length during the developer call last week.

You can read more here
ethresear.ch/t/committee-based-sharded-casper/2197

ETH is garbage holy fuck when did Jow Forums start unironically liking ETH. It's useless and you've just been meme'd by whales into believing the flippening crap. I don't even hold BTC, I hold mostly shitcoins but I don't delude myself that ETH is actually any better than any coin in the top 10.

>i don't even hold BTC, i hold mostly shitcoins

Literally KYS.
The entire bubble happened because of Eth you stupid fuck, not becase of BTC. every shitcoin that is good for the pump and dump it is, or even LEGIT coins with a future are only here thanks to ETH. And ETH is far from complete. Once it improves its technology it will make most of the "good" shitcoins obsolete anyway. I wont be surprised with the savant autism moves onto solving atomic swaps, financial problems etc as soons as he sovles the current bottle neck.

Still people this stupid floating around, unaware of what ETH is and does and waht it has done.

Attached: 1517436445944.jpg (1152x777, 59K)

I have read that link already and there's nothing about releasing in the fall.
Casper FFG _was_ supposed to be released in the fall, but this change moved ffg+sharding into 2019.
If you have an actual source that disagrees link to it.

I know this you dumb fuck, I think BTC is king but I need gainz. Either way anyone thinking ETH is unironically anything other than hot garbage should kill themselves. And I first bought ETH @ 40 USD.

You simply don't realise waht ETH is doing. i encourage you to research it. If it succeeds everyhting from ICX-WAN-ELastos and beyond is pointless.

If you have a sizable portion of BTC Eth as a hedge is just smart.

Sure things like ADA or IOTA might achieve too, there is room, but eth has first mover advantage and huge industry backing along with many, many years of competence and trust established on its network.
these shitcoins will have to start from day one and build their network and trust.

You realize that 94 out of top 100 blockchain projects run on ethereum right?

Stfu, I've been in this space for nearly 7 years. I was out here shilling ETH back in '16. I lost more money in MtGox than most people here have. But I've also realised (((smart contracts))) are a pipe dream.

First I thought smart contracts were pointless, then I did research and thought they were brilliant, then more research and realised they'd never succeed to fundamental concepts behind *why* our systems are designed the way they are. The key to understanding crypto isn't understanding programming (though it helps) but game theory and economics.

Long term the only coin that is safe to have is BTC because of basic game theory yielding it to be the most reliable choice.

Do you realize that 94/100 blockchain projects DON'T DO ANYTHING.

Market cap of 50 BILLION, most transaction volume is to exchanges to buy MORE TOKENS lmao.

>key to understanding crypto isn't understanding programming (though it helps) but game theory and economics.
my god. this hits the nail on the head user. this is the ultimate truth.

Ethereum is disrupting financial markets and you're calling it a failure because of the first bubble
Bitcoin is useless and a tulip past its prime

I understand that view of crypto, relaly do. i fell the same way. thats why BTC is my coin too. i use shitcoins to get more BTC.

But smart contracts do have a future, and we are increasingly seeing evidence of it. You are just borderline silly not to stash a way a bunch of ETH even as a hedge. the upside is really large at this point. eths not going to die unless crypto dies. but it could moon to high heavens if it succeeds within 5 years.

I'm always skeptical of those who say tehy were here "7 years ago". why are you not rich as fuck then? you aren't the onyl one pal. I was trading BTC for runescape gold back in 2013, but obviously to my 17 year old self it was just a way to get around using a paypal account. I know of BTC long after i stopped playing runescape too, but didnt buy again till 2016. you aren't some sage here, plenty of ppl who have been in this space as long as you disagree.

Biggest retard of biz

Try slip.gg, it's a roulette game and you can have 0.00007448BTC for free with the code "Mesper"

literaly reminds me of this tard. exactly actually.

Attached: 1528739668931.png (1756x208, 27K)

No serious Smart Contracts will EVER, EVER, be used on a decentralised block chain. If you believe a bunch of NEET ICO buyers are gonna get rich off future US Gov't contracts and shit you're fucking D E L U D E D and your desire for gains has turned your brains into swiss cheese.

Bitcoins value I won't get into entirely now, but basically it's to do with long term use for 'dark money' like panama papers shit, avoiding gov't sanctions etc, plus its slowly deflationary and fundamentally is the only non printable currency that didn't do an ICO or premine or bullshit 'captcha' distribution. Game theory dictates that an equilibrium will form will people will naturally 'trust' one currency for moving large sums of money, that currency will be BTC because if you had 50 million on the line you'd be fucking nervous transferring it with NANO. Sorry but there's this idea of 'good as gold' and BTC has it de facto. Not going to argue this point.

ETH pumped because it was new and exciting and like a versatile flexible BTC and because people's imaginations got ahead of them. No one is ever gonna actually sign transactions to play a game unless the purpose of that game is to take money from someone else via some ponzi mechanic. This feature has been MILKED (pun not intended) and isn't going to stimulate much more.

>inb4 'MUH DECENTRALISED SMART CONTRACTS ARE SAFER'

Guess what? Everything is decentralised and everything is not decentralised because decentralisation isn't a fucking binary option, it's a spectrum. On one end you have a SINGLE human making every decision, on the opposite ALL HUMANS VOTING ON EVERYTHING. Now societies used to lie FAR more to the central side, with monarchies and shit, and now they're more decentralised with corporations and courtrooms and trials and international accountability and shit, but no ONE...NO ONE is actually concerned that we are so centralised as to be unsustainable. ETH solves (if even that) a problem that doesn't exist.

www.mymilkers.xyz

Attached: IMG_0825.jpg (500x750, 69K)

>'Game theory dictates'
>Not going to argue this point

Why even say anything you verbose motherfucker. Just STFU GTFO and take your RETARDED C A P S with you.

>On one end you have a SINGLE human making every decision, on the opposite ALL HUMANS VOTING ON EVERYTHING.
>thinking that democracy is decentralized

Attached: 1528854531303.png (657x539, 110K)

in the first big bubble at least 20% of the mcap will be eth so around 4-5 trillion

>holds mainly shitcones in the middle of the crash
>wants to be taken seriously

>Missing the point entirely

Decentralisation is about degrees. So BTC is more decentralised than say XRP, but BTC still has SOME degree of centralised entities controlling it (e.g. blockstream, mining cartels etc) all these scamcoins will promise you decentralisation to your hearts content and then slowly become centralised the exact same reason if we eliminated central government and created an anarchist utopia, slowly but surely new governments will form because these centralisation of power is a result of incentives that are fundamental to existence. So then the real question is where the equilibrium of centralised to decentralised lies. I unfortunately am unable to understand why corporations and individuals would feel uncomfortable beyond the current degree of centralisation to actually be driven to WANT to use crypto. The only centralised institution that actually breeds widespread hate is the FED, and inflation etc. which is why BTC as a concept will succeed long term. But no one needs a smart contract with their Uber driver because they don't trust Uber to automatically handle disputes. So then smart contracts are clearly not a consumer instrument, but government will never undermine it's own appetite for increased bureaucracy because that would be biting the hand that feeds them, and corporations ALONE can't get governments to adopt contracts built on ETH if gov doesn't want them to. Finally B2B can just rely on private blockchains where all the corporations involved act as block generators, thus providing enough decentralisation within their own world.

Just admit it, you're lured in by the gains, you were skeptical before and now that it's gone 1000x and then crashed 70% you're a believer, because you're late to the party. You want this great big revolution but deep down you know if there was no financial gain for you to have, you know the incentives for adoption of ETH just aren't there.

You assholes please don't bring back 2013 or "6" or "7" years ago. I was here back then too... I'm not rich AF. There are retards who found out about BTC years after I did (like literally last year) that made hundreds more than I did. It's not fair man.

*Hundreds of TIMES more, not hundreds more LOL..

poloniex.com/exchange#btc_eth
The only Vitalik and foundation do - reinvest money to Bitcoin,
Vitalik cannot use fiat for keep this criminal money.
The only "investors" have - passwords of fake money and 150000 lines of opensource code.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ponzi_scheme
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Ponzi
investopedia.com/terms/p/ponzischeme.asp
Vitalik (and ETH foundation) don't have money to buy back from all scammed people. So sell now, while you still can.

Attached: PONZI.jpg (964x995, 412K)

I think everyone knows it's a ponzi at this point but what can you do?

The opposite is not humans voting on everything but unanimous agreement, ie. the state in which the system as a sort of physical law. A system is decentralized when you can't be compelled to change the rules. That's how a hard fork works.
>The only centralised institution that actually breeds widespread hate is the FED
The democratic state is centralized by itself and the reason of enormous social welfare, enormous taxes and illegal drugs.
>But no one needs a smart contract with their Uber driver
Ethereum is going the platform for the global financial market: the place for stocks, bonds and derivatives. A collateralized bond becomes a smart contract that manipulates tokens representing assets. Lawyers and real world courts get reduced to enforcing the connection between tokens and real world assets, not enforcing execution of contracts.
Listing a token on ethereum is several orders of magnitude cheaper than listing a bond or stock on a normal exchange. Ethereum works 24/7 and is global.
The efficiency gains are going to be enormous. So many markets are closed, separated and hard to access. It's going to be possible for someone in Japan to buy fractional ownership in a building in New York just by buying a token on idex. Later he could use that token as a collateral for a loan to buy a new phone. You can't do that today, not in any practical way.

I'm not sure if dapps not involved in tokenized real world assets have demand. Possibly not but that's irrelevant. I'm very bearish on steemit/eos style shit 'decentralized twitter', 'decentralized reddit' and similar BS. Financial market use case is big enough by itself.

>ELASTOS
You misunderstand Elastos big time.

>in which the system as a sort of physical law
in which the system acts as a sort of physical law*
>Ethereum is going the
Ethereum is going to be the*

Remember, we are the early adopters.

Attached: 11334iC6CBC8D2ED202FAD.png (554x237, 157K)

But not bigger than link tho.

see the volumes, the ponzi is near crash

>when did Jow Forums start unironically liking ETH
m8, Jow Forums, apart from the BTC maximalists, started liking ETH long before you arrived with the new wave of shitcoin-chasing normiefag redditors in Q3 2017.

>vitalik spiderman chart

this always makes my laugh hard

Attached: 1425260533494.jpg (250x241, 11K)