/smg/ stock market thread - Arcology Edition

AMD 40, TSLA 400

Popular brokers for stock trading:

Robinhood
>commission free and no minimum to open
robinhood.com

> It's been X days, why isn't my account verified yet?
Not being approved in 3 days seems to be the new norm. Nevertheless, call/email their support if you've been waiting more than that.

> When is it coming to my country?
The only "plans" are on an Australian and Chinese beta. Neither of which has gained much traction.

Interactive Brokers
>$1 commission per 100 shares. $10k minimum to open, $3k if 25 or under. Lowest margin interest. Free API access
interactivebrokers.com

TD Ameritade
>$6.95 commission per trade. No minimum to open. Fantastic data/charting through their free ThinkorSwim service
tdameritrade.com

Degiro (Cheap broker for Europeans)
degiro.eu

Educational sites:
investopedia.com/
khanacademy.org/economics-finance-domain

Free in depth charts:
tradingview.com

Premarket Data:
nasdaq.com/extended-trading/premarket-mostactive.aspx
money.cnn.com/data/premarket/
cnbc.com/pre-markets/

Earnings Report Calendars:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html
earningswhispers.com/calendar

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

S&P 500 VIX Futures (For SVXY/UVXY, higher is better for UVXY, lower is better for SVXY)
investing.com/indices/us-spx-vix-futures

CNBC Live:
livenewson.com/american/cnbc-america.html
Fox Business Live:
livenewson.com/business/fox-business-network-fbn.html
Bloomberg Live:
livenewson.com/american/bloomberg-television-business.html

Basic rundown on options:
youtube.com/watch?v=TBAQtjyqNHw
youtube.com/watch?v=SuTTzfa4ePE

previous

Attached: Arcology.jpg (858x536, 121K)

Other urls found in this thread:

timesfreepress.com/news/business/aroundregion/story/2018/jun/05/business-briefs/472416/
youtu.be/u8hg0kKfZbU
youtube.com/watch?v=Iak_rzewOt8
youtube.com/watch?v=ToR7NGRjEI4
marketwatch.com/story/what-walgreens-stock-replacing-ge-may-mean-for-the-dow-jones-industrial-average-2018-06-19
investopedia.com/news/waiting-exhale-case-cannabis-investing/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

poast

Attached: smo.png (1002x500, 495K)

AMD 40
TSLA 400

Seriously explaining these 2 predictions would require translation to low IQ which removes too much information. Ex. Think explaining your stock maneuvers to a dog with whoofs and body language, even if you try your best it doesn't work.

Day to Day predictions: Looks like market will recover as Asia isn't doing so bad.

Attached: download (6).jpg (259x194, 6K)

You think these bars can stop the bogs? Prepare to get JUST'd tomorrow, boyos.

Attached: bogged_behind_bars.jpg (370x370, 26K)

nth for RATSUCHAN

futures are green

Cramer: Tesla's stock still has more upside
5 Hours Ago
Jim Cramer and technician Carolyn Boroden use stock charts to investigate the recent action in shares of high-profile automaker Tesla.

HONK MAN just said BUYBUYBUY on TSLA

Don't you trust zany sound effects?

Attached: boomersoundeffects.jpg (600x600, 47K)

test post
did they really ban the word Milk

Attached: 0004190006921_A.jpg (380x380, 18K)

I heard that the issue is that the long term US treasuries have kind of been "capped" at a certain yield because of how they can compete with other bond investments.
I think it has something to do with why investors are dumping Emerging Market bonds so hard right now.

I have no idea.
It looks like a rehash of one from Jow Forums about Mother Jones telling Antifa that punching Nazis is "cool"

I'm glad jap market user is alive!

>I heard that the issue is that the long term US treasuries have kind of been "capped" at a certain yield because of how they can compete with other bond investments.
the "cap" is not a literal cap. it just that if we raise rates like how they used to be, we will break the whole rest of the worlds economy. EMs are getting dumped for this reason. strong dollar is BAD for EMs

I came up with a sick genius business idea when in the kitchen today. I'm gonna post it because I won't ever do shit with it and it's a bit stupid.

SpiceCar App. You have an automated vehicle full of a huge variety of dry spices and an automatic dispensor. People order the spice mix they want to use for dinner or cooking, the car drives by and delivers (drone) the spice mix to the people. The exact mix they want.

No more need for a spice pantry, can do all fresh daily since herbs are so small and easy to grow anywhere.

You could run it in a whole foods. With a vending machine style thing giving out exact dry mixes to order for each recipe. People will choose it over buying a spice bottle, as most never use the whole spice bottle before it gets too old and the low initial price is more competitive.

The app could help people with spice recomendations like "roast chicken" and then ideas like lemon paprika dry rub, or mesquite etc. If they click a premade it lets them customize it like adding more or less of each.

Then boom, they show up, get the spices however much they need per recipe, and no waste. It's advantage in being better demand responsive (exact amounts they want) and fresher than traditional spice models. Can be scaled from a vending machine in a grocery to an automated delivery model (roaming) since spices don't generally require refrigeration or heating.

E Z money.

Attached: winner.jpg (660x405, 63K)

its also a good entry point for the Nikkei

Attached: rat.png (822x650, 486K)

for maximum meme prolly name it robo spice and have it some meme shit like "May the spice be with you" after you get your order. Dumb people love that shit.

>Burn gas to sell sub-dollar amounts of salt

Sounds like Jow Forums.

Attached: 621740._UY395_SS395_1.jpg (395x395, 57K)

I like it. It follows the trend of less work for the middle class consumers. The less they have to work or think the more monies for us.

Attached: IMG_1926.png (1200x1600, 1.09M)

at a health food store I worked at we used to have barbeques in the front parkinglot with a tent with all the types of peppers and spices, people came in droves throwing their money

It's not the greatest idea. You'd have to run it in stores. Like touchscreen, tons of diff spices. The good thing is the "spice section" is pretty big and you have hundreds of singular products. You'd be competing with all of it.

Also spices and herbs aren't that cheap. A lot of grocery stores don't even have fresh basil.

This.

>the "cap" is not a literal cap.
I'm aware of this
>it just that if we raise rates like how they used to be, we will break the whole rest of the worlds economy. EMs are getting dumped for this reason. strong dollar is BAD for EMs
WSJ had some pretty solid graphs on this and said that it was unsustainable.
I don't really understand what they mean by "unsustainable," but my impression is that investors will eventually stop dumping those bonds when the yield is sufficiently attractive on them... which would mean that they'll start dumping long-term US treasuries and buying emerging market bonds instead.
There was another indication on there that some institutional investors were concerned about a "bond market bubble"... the verbiage was giving me more confidence that it could absolutely be justified to go long (like, load up on January puts long) on the TLT puts

Also spices don't break

For developing a drone network in a city and getting into that technology spice deliveries make a lot of sense. You can basically bomb that shit in front of their door and not worry. Make it literally a fucking bomb design that you just drop from 10 feet into the concrete walkway. Who gives a fuck it's spices.

They already sell premixed spices in stores. Not convinced it's that good of an idea, but I'm a cynical fuck and a miser.

Bomb-Spice

Shape the delivery capsule like a bomb
Stuka that into the driveway or on their property somewhere.
App mesage "You GOT BOMBED BRO" when it's landed.

Then mark up the cost of spices 3x and they won't notice since they are used to buying bulk and not one time use.

one trillion dollar bomb-spice business idea posted on /smg/ for all the LOW IQ people to lap up. Your welcome riff raff low IQ low cognitive ability "people"

Can you have middle eastern spices play "Allahu Akbar" and the ISIS theme song upon delivery?

I-Isis has a theme song?

nah I wouldn't pay for the speakers. Just have the gay millennial meme messages sent via app.

"WARNING WARNING" "The SPICE BOMB IS COMING" "RADDDD TUBULUR YOU GOT BOMBED BRO"

etc

Attached: 1529308830037.png (689x795, 67K)

>Then mark up the cost of spices 3x and they won't notice since they are used to buying bulk and not one time use.
This is unfortunately super true.
Normies do NOT do math.
I noticed a while ago that WalMart sells 12 packs of my protein bars for 11.48 and 6 packs for 4.84... so, I can literally buy 2 6-packs for less than a 12-pack, and always have.
To help avoid the normies noticing, they switch units on the two, from price per 100 count to price per bar, price per ounce, or some other shit.
WalMart has the absolutely most competitive prices on most products, but still do this kind of trickery within the store's most competitive prices and best deals on many products.

Retail's the place to be faggots. The winners are separating from the losers

timesfreepress.com/news/business/aroundregion/story/2018/jun/05/business-briefs/472416/

youtu.be/u8hg0kKfZbU

Gonna need some Depends for the rest of the week.

Attached: peepeepants.png (303x566, 163K)

>dropping 50 cents of spices on some ledditors yard
>the fact you just randomly fucking drop it somewhere in their yard is "cool" because they got "BOMBED BRO"
>picking it up and paying the $4.50 for the FRESH spices.

it suxxx
hezbollahs is waaaaaaay better. pretty catchy

check the virgin ISIS theme song
youtube.com/watch?v=Iak_rzewOt8 (10hr version for maximum effect)

and the chad hezbollah theme song
youtube.com/watch?v=ToR7NGRjEI4

Attached: kittenkickgif.gif (240x135, 1.72M)

>3M sells fiber optics business to Corning
reeee what the fook

Preddy gud.
Clapped like a true American.
It's called "Clash of Swords"
You'll hear it in the back of most of their beheading videos

Is it time to sell?

Weed will be high volatility tomorrow. There will be some sell the news (bill officially passed today), some retail fomo from the news articles. I expect a few dump fake outs that lead to short squeezes and also some nice low entry points on the stuff that dumps for real.

Going to see how level 2 looks at open before I commit to any trades I think. Could be screwy.

Attached: AnimuLeaf.jpg (320x207, 28K)

Wat?

How the fuck did Corning afford that? Also, Where did you see that?

just because your future is red doesn't mean everyone else has to be.

Of course

Commercial scene: Black Afro Woman that smiles and then grates a big block of salt. "The spices are made fresh, instead of those boring rotting diseased spices you have STEWING in your disgusting filthy kitchen, Watch as Shaniqua makes fresh salt for gourmet flavoring."

Serious though I'd do the youtube ads like that.

No. Only niggers buy high and sell low.

If you've been buying beaten down stocks the whole time, your downside is logically much less than that of the market

Market research, does /smg/ make fresh salt or use disgusting stale cupboard salt that's been sitting out for months?

Attached: make.jpg (900x900, 53K)

directly underneath the thing you posted
Im no expert, but 870 million seems like 3m got the short end of the stick
>it will raise the shares 40 cents
Aww siiick

he thinks it would be 50 cents of spices lmfao. no it would be more like 5 cents

I didn't read the actual article. Kek. I read something else the other day about it and just linked the first thing that came up in google news

has anyone played the witcher games?
i bought the first two last night on GOG b4 the summer sale ended. anyone knw if its a thing i should try modding/patching for maximum leisure and comf? i know it was put out by a real small studio, like stalker, and those kinds of games usually need a little extra to get to run smoothly

prolly

"Sure once you scale. If you started off though you'd just buy shit from whole foods. The costs wouldn't matter compared to selling it to investors and then scamming away with a big sell eventually. You'd never care about margins.

>reluctant kneepad girl
>future

Attached: 1522556307867.jpg (531x717, 298K)

what else

Attached: iirr8.png (250x201, 73K)

I'll confess i'm just acrypto idiot but I'm interested in which weed stocks are good picks and why

Also just to get extra bite, come up with some story about how you only use the highest quality spices and really love the idea and are doing this out of passion. Make sure they think "Once I start pushing it towards profitability it;'s going to be way more valuable than when this hippie retard young fuck is running it"

Nikkei pumping to close
BOJ is back, get in

Attached: divin.png (348x350, 106K)

try /v/ nigga

SSEC 1 year graph is amazing. Trump killed them.

Attached: 1483989931703.jpg (464x416, 115K)

;_; yes does

me have fancy salt but...
problem with salt is really easy for mess stuff by over / under salt

factory salt most exact performance way for use salt

Attached: f89e00e2407ca091bd1b8ad7a94deda5.jpg (992x720, 268K)

For entry right now? I don't know. Tomorrow is a big question mark for me. Canopy has run up a lot and may pull back. Rest of the sector may follow. Or it could go like December last year where everybody says fuck the TA and financials, let's pump everything to the stars.

If you're new to the sector, go to bnn.ca and click on the marijuana news tab. There is a list of the about 75% of the most popular companies in the sector at the moment.

Attached: AnimuQuestion21.jpg (1280x720, 91K)

you should know better. the best place to get advice for a topic is on the board that is unrelated to that topic. /v/ doesnt into vidya. they just bitch about shit they dont play and talk about e-celebs

Isn't the fact that it's fresh the major selling point on that $500 juicero shit from Silicon Valley?
As well as Whole Foods and basically all that organic and farmer's market shit that all the hipsters love?
>3M
>fiber optics
Why the fuck did I think 3M was a mining company?
>Wikipedia
>Minnesota Mining and Manufacturing Company
What the fuck.

Is this one of those companies like Citigroup, which was literally originally a component of the Dow Jones as "American Can Company"?
No larpo, Citigroup, the massive bank, literally used to be just a fucking tin can manufacturer.
The biggest success story of sticking with the times and remaining innovative that I have ever read in my life.

good lord

What is your opinion on the tax strategies. It seems to me like the gov is being fucking low IQ by immediately taxing it so much instead of a progressive tax. Aka first year the tax should be significantly lower so the legit businesses take market share and push out illegals.

Right now it seems like all these legal states still have large black markets due to the high initial taxes keeping existing black markets in business.

If they copied competitive business models (low initial price till competition is dead) and did low tax initially would that be better? Or would it have been too hard to legalize it without the immediate "but we tax it"

So do you have like a guro picture for every situation or what? What if user was to ask if you use a fancy egg beater?

yeah the point is you'd be selling dried spices and saying "made fresh" because you just ground it that morning but it's equivalent taste/everything wise because it's fucking dried spices and not meat or produce.

just gimmicks.

(basil and herbs might matter though)

3M is a fantastic consumer conglomerate, and div aristocrat. Probably was many many things before

You may be familiar with SCOTCH TAPE
Those YELLOW AND GREEN sponges

Attached: pingpongatMariahs.jpg (1600x900, 183K)

Well, mega tax monies was the driving factor behind going legal in the first place despite what all the politicians claim. Probably correct assumption that an attempt to make it legal with low tax would have resulted in a failure to pass the bill.

Legal US states appear to be the best way to judge how that goes. Cali taxed too much and stifled the legal market a bit. Nevada taxed less and their rec market is booming. Dunno about the rest.

All this is beyond the scope of my trading style though. Long term industry strength and growth is meaningless to me. I'm just in to ride bubbles and get out before the pop.

;_; stop it
what? never filladed fishies before!?
>mfw holding BTC & FUN atm

kek
you am REALLY not want see egg beater pics
of trust me on this one

Attached: eggbeater.png (247x481, 83K)

humans were a mistake.

Holy shit thats what this is, now I feel dumb. I've heard that dozens of times.

3M face masks are great. Bought some for swine flu.

Experts, including the WHO, have agreed that an estimated 284,500 people were killed by the disease, much higher than the initial death toll.[30][3]

Attached: 3m-6000-series-low-ben-_i_lbf38011_01.jpg (600x600, 79K)

>they own Dave and Busters tokens in the current year

Attached: 1529172933572.jpg (200x200, 4K)

I no larpo don't enjoy hearing the terminally ill stuff.
I do want to know about it though, in the same way that I want to know if my company is going to fire my pathetic ass way in advance of it actually happening

>So do you have like a guro picture for every situation or what?
I've been wondering this for so long. Where the fuck does she get all this shit from?
>What if user was to ask if you use a fancy egg beater?
This interests me more than it should.
You should lurk on Crystal's Cafe. Fucking hardcore redpill shit about girls on there.
It's basically Jow Forums with genders flipped.

It's definitely an interesting concept.
I've always been horse shit at marketing though.
Had a really profitable cybersecurity product idea, even nailed down VC funding, but quit because I realized the whole thing depended on business to business marketing skills.

It fucking sounds like it. I watchlisted that shit.
They've been around for many, many decades and seem to have the staying power that GE has maintained for so long.
I think GE is going to prove to be wickedly oversold btw -- they are literally profitable. They aren't even at risk of bankruptcy.

ik right?
i wouldve just taken the loss and GTFO a while ago. i sincerely think that BTC is gonna go to 1k at some point in the future

AMD headed back down to $9.

post your puts/short

good. i can buy some now, and lowIQanons ego can pullback as well

The state of GE

marketwatch.com/story/what-walgreens-stock-replacing-ge-may-mean-for-the-dow-jones-industrial-average-2018-06-19

my ego isn't dependent on AMD or TSLA doing what I predict. My ego is from the underlying reason why I can predict them.

I bought some 3m today, I always buy when it goes below 200, they having a correction but its like the same power as JNJ, so its a good buy

1 hour to nikkei close and its still pumpin
Its not too late, BOJ is gonna keep blasting every top on the minute like they always do

Attached: 1528335582076.jpg (225x234, 54K)

kek

Attached: 52c1bf3a484dc302c13c0a273f9d45af6c21f2174524be1c74611ffd628a2d37.gif (320x253, 995K)

sweet i'll check it out. I just wanna watch things for entry points. I assume diversifying into like 5-10 or so stocks would be appropriate given my confidence is in recreational weed in general but not picking a certain company

Investopedia put up an editorial on the cannabis sector and market climate you might be interested to read. It isn't about tax, more about broader potential of the market beyond the recreational drug use crowd. I think it's a pretty fair estimation of where things could go from here:

investopedia.com/news/waiting-exhale-case-cannabis-investing/

Im proud of walgreens

CAD tickers below with basic reasoning. Do your own deeper DD, bb.
APH - Undervalued and one of 'the big three' producers. International deals with Colombia, South Africa, Germany and maybe more soon, along with one of the lowest cost per/g when it comes to production.
MPX - Solid company in the states dealing with extracts mainly. Based in Canada and are apparently raking good dough, expected to double by next year. I'd say this is also undervalued.
HEMP (hempco) - It hit 2 dollars at one point today, but I think it'll jump in SP soon due to being able to utilize the 'whole' (no roots and shit though, so maybe whole isnt the best term) hemp plant and being majority owned by Aurora Cannabis is a good sign. One of my favorite stocks to date, although I got in pretty late to the sector.

US has some good room to grow, and CAD market will start to rely on fundamentals come 2019 (imo) where we'll see lots of companies fall off the wagon.

Attached: file.jpg (956x960, 72K)

>pump it

Attached: phones.png (697x551, 550K)

Tomorrow is green right?? My calls on MU are green, RIGHT???

Empty desert is the next ocean coast

No natural disasters
No population
Clear Natural views
perfect for Arcologies
Perfect for future tech (sat internet, solar power, etc)

One of the best long-term investments right now is empty desert land that is absolutely worthless due to infrastructure problems. especially if you can buy huge amounts in nowhere places

Attached: desert_landscape_by_mumle-d316jb5.jpg (1092x731, 237K)

yeah, Nips just saved the markets

Now I can sleep safe, thanks Japan :)

I don't see people who didn't sell off yesterday deciding to sell now without some news or reason. Asian Green pretty much confirms this.

Did you mean to respond to my post? or is this something cryptic about pot sector companies who focus on deserts?

NOTHIN BUT GREEN

theres a reason people dont live there....

accidental

but it's nice that pot technology actually slightly helps arcology technology because indoor growing is so huge.

There's a reason right now.

There's different reasons when you have different environment technologically. No one lives remotely because the infrastructure sucks. Shit internet, shit water, shit power, shit food production.

When those variables all change to deserts being one of the most easy to live in places it won't be as shit on.

Im referring to the intense heat

more heat = more sweaty female feet
oh god yes!
nice get

Really depends. If your power generation (per sq foot) is so much better it really wouldn't bother you much to have AC blasting.

I'm also just talking relative value for a long-term investment. You may not want to live there but if you are looking for a niche spec you will be in on the basement floor of.

no water. fix the water problem and people will move there