DJT - Daily Japanese Thread #2107v2

DJT is a Japanese language learning shitposting thread, for people that are interested in shitposting about the Japanese language, anime, manga, visual novels, light novels and Japanese video games.
Japanese speakers learning English are welcome, too.

Read the Guide linked below before asking how to learn Japanese:
itazuraneko.neocities.org/
djtguide.neocities.org/
Check the Cornucopia of Resources before asking where to download X or Y:
itazuraneko.neocities.org/library/cor.html
djtguide.neocities.org/cor.html

Archive of older threads: desuarchive.org/int/search/subject/Daily Japanese Thread/

Previous Thread: >99554270

Attached: 1545645712524.png (1200x1087, 1.22M)

Other urls found in this thread:

japanese.stackexchange.com/questions/15270/why-are-points-used-where-furigana-would-be-normally
nicovideo.jp/watch/sm29900712
twitter.com/tkasasagi
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Nevermind the broken link in the op.
Also don't let this one die as shamefully.

Americans are bad at keeping this thread alive

Attached: 1744927i.jpg (300x328, 27K)

Attached: suite2.jpg (1000x1500, 411K)

Americans don't really post here

Attached: 珍しい邪丸先生のしゃしん.png (689x366, 325K)

アメリカ人がやってきたぞー!

Attached: 1521668150139.jpg (1280x951, 315K)

Anyone know where I can read One Piece untranslated in good quality? All the scans I've found are dogshit.

I feel I'm getting significantly faster doing Anki these days. I did 180 reviews in 20 minutes today. When I started my review time on roughly the same stuff was over an hour somehow.

Feels like new words are also sticking more easily these days. Is this the magic of getting used to learning after a few months?

Attached: 1544299515509.jpg (415x415, 28K)

Sounds like you just got used to deal with kanjis.

慎重にね
金玉を捕らえるぞ

Attached: f537380d.jpg (594x317, 27K)

Attached: Dv3-UMxUUAAo5iD.jpg (705x1000, 178K)

I can't attest to whether the quality is good but manga-zip.net seems to have collections of One Piece raws as well.

私有名実況者になります

You have no idea what poor quality scans are, spoiled teenager.

you OK reatard?

What did the dots on top of some parts mean again?

Attached: harutoyuki_2019-01-02_13-48-11.jpg (1280x720, 535K)

>Adding these dots to the sides of characters (right side in vertical writing, above in horizontal writing) emphasizes the character in question. It is the Japanese equivalent of the use of italics for emphasis in English.

japanese.stackexchange.com/questions/15270/why-are-points-used-where-furigana-would-be-normally

>風呂場
>浴室
How many words do you need for bathroom?

バスルーム
トイレ
手洗い

>>風呂場
You wouldn't ask for this if you need to go to the toilet though. The bathtub is also usually in a separate room than the toilet as far as I've seen. Not sure how it is for really small apartments they might not have that luxury. So that word makes sense. No idea about the use case of the other one.

>It is the Japanese equivalent of the use of italics for emphasis in English
I think I read in Tae Kim that they use Katakana as Italics equivalent

It's both katakana and bouten you shitters

海水浴
浴槽
浴室

I think using Katakana is a bit more slangy and less elegant. I guess that if the dots are italics, katakana is ALL CAPS

Sounds like you've got some issues.

Kill yourselves

便所

Now Japan is night of time.
Other country people are working at this time, I think.
I have learned “night” and “knight” are same pronunciation.
Where is “k” pronounce?

Charlie fuck my finger and that really hurt.

Here's a quizz:
Is the k silent in Cock

Attached: 檄を飛ばす.png (531x1464, 754K)

>be *ast *sians
>dont have souls
>be utter subhumans
like poetry

>Is the k silent in Cock
Is this your country's proverb?
I don't understand this sentence.

Is the cunt silent in Cock?

I'd like to answer this but I am not sure if you are really learning english or just spamming djt.

The post above yours makes it clear that it's just a retard thinking he's making some jolly funny posts.

Sorry. I still cunt read your post, so you unnecessary to answer.

With boutens, (staccatos, dots) it’s like capital letters. In katakana, it’s even more emphasized, like argots or cants, as it focuses on their sounds rather than meanings.
>You’ll see them in Kaiji or something.
>nuances of italics and caps
If you say so, it’d be so, however.

FUCK YOU
That's emphasis

How about
>Are you gonna “be a rude guy” this year as well?

Attached: A80AD89B-0BA3-4570-A936-977343403078.jpg (512x287, 38K)

In reality he's a tsundere.

Attached: 1542659414922.jpg (550x550, 34K)

Quotes are for a different kind of emphasis that you will probably see like 5 times in your life, same with italics. Jow Forums also has ironic reddit emphasis like *this* sometimes but only fags use it. If you want to emphasize just use CAPS LOCK because you just can't go wrong with that, the other methods are really situational and rare.
Probably

There is also the emphasis for ((((these)))) that you will see on Jow Forums mostly. Its used by ネトウヨ to say someone is a jew.

get a feeling so complicated

*****((((((((((היהודי))))))))))******!

ネトウヨ and Jow Forums are different. ネトウヨ is a made up term by Japanese leftists. They are normal Japanese people who just love Japan.

Who just love shitposting about Korea*

That would be Japanese leftists or Zainichi. They like to falsefag like that.

Isn't that the case for 99% of RAWs out there?

>Probably
Btw, when she calls him “センパイ”, she is not using that word in the manner that is supposed to be, which means “with proper politeness“. It rather implies violation of social hierarchies or her personal affinity, which is “her implicit feeling”.
And when somebody calls him “先輩” with dots, it rather emphasizes the meaning of the word, which means “behave as elders are supposed to be”, maybe in an intimidating manner.
>However, the former one could be used as the meaning of the latter. But the latter is not likely to be interchangeable.

Attached: DA1B4AB8-E391-4FB1-B2D5-0744581FB1CF.jpg (539x569, 38K)

Seems that way.

センパイマジッスカ

For what it's worth at least Hentai has lots of decent scans.

Didn't know you can scan a video

Just point your Phone Camera at the screen

I'm gonna put my scanner on top of my monitor and close it

>scan
When you don’t have enough time to watch it, you can check the contents in double speed mode.

Better the other way around

Attached: YLr8clT.jpg (437x340, 18K)

Attached: vocaloid120.png (1920x1080, 650K)

引き立て役 describes me pretty well

Attached: Meriones_unguiculatus_-_Wilhelma.jpg (3798x2778, 3.84M)

「音楽に合わせてボールをついたり、お友だちと転がしたり、受け取ってみましょう。」

「ボールをつく」は「ボールを弾ませる」(bounce the ball)という意味ですか?

yup, it's the 突く つく

then again, it's probably less bouncing, but more nudging it, like billiards or something, maybe somebody can explain it better

そうです。

Attached: まりつき.jpg (737x766, 49K)

nicovideo.jp/watch/sm29900712

ありがとう

>カワセミ
Thought it would be a fish or another cicada

Attached: 8304A68C-09D2-4FE9-9B1C-9B143D3976CC.jpg (659x466, 27K)

かっこかわいい

Attached: twintails147.png (1280x720, 1.35M)

自動販売機

永代使用料

自動販売機は故障しています

自動販売機は故障中

駅の前の自動販売機は故障しています

多分駅の前で自動販売機が複数あるんだからどの自販機は故障中?

The audio file in this gave me goosebumps wtf. I will never cut anything in japanese.

Attached: IMG_20190102_185447.jpg (2448x2189, 1.44M)

ミーティング

清涼飲料自動販売機は何処

It's a pity, because I like those drawings and calligraphy cut out from paper. I forgot how they're called though.

駅の前でアホさっき言っただろう

>tfw hear it inside my head
she really stressed those syllables

It may be too early given that I just learned that kazu means number, but how do you acquaint with older literature once you have a firm grasp on current Japanese? Are manyougana and hentaigana a common issue? How do you deal with kanji used with different readings and meanings? Can I read old japanese manuscripts in public to look smart and attract women?

Attached: la_liseuse_-_felix_vallotton_1922.jpg (1544x1200, 280K)

ロボット

Feel free to join.

but why

The short answer is not at all.

I actually looked into this before. I can recommend the following twitter account.

twitter.com/tkasasagi

Attached: 1542658587742.png (881x764, 651K)

Oh gawd I just found that one. It's like they're keeping this girl chained in their basement so that they can use her to register random japanese words.

I feel betrayed. I liked mammipizza.

This one is appropriate because it sounds like a robot, and the other voice is very warm and sensual.

I'm deleting these. They're easy katakana words anyways.

>Deleting the meme
Can't learn japanese

She is very cute litfu and was learning python in 2017. I can relate to that. Thanks.

Actually I've moved it to a separate deck with that single card only, so I can review it a hundred times a day.

Attached: IMG_20190101_023758.jpg (720x914, 60K)

What's a pressure pad called other than the minecraft 感圧板 name

Attached: hatsunenegame1.png (788x558, 186K)

What are they saying on this page? Translate pls!!

I just hit easy on (nearly) all katakana words, can't be bothered to delete them