DJT is a Japanese language 勉強スレ for 人々 interested in the language, anime, manga, visual novels...

DJT is a Japanese language 勉強スレ for 人々 interested in the language, anime, manga, visual novels, light novels and Japanese video games.
Japanese speakers learning English are welcome, too.

Read the Guide linked below before asking how to learn Japanese:
itazuraneko.neocities.org/
djtguide.neocities.org/
Check the Cornucopia of Resources before asking where to download X or Y:
itazuraneko.neocities.org/library/cor.html
djtguide.neocities.org/cor.html

Archive of older threads: desuarchive.org/int/search/subject/Daily Japanese Thread/

Previous Thread:

Attached: durarara24.png (1280x720, 1.36M)

Other urls found in this thread:

dlsite.com/
dmm.co.jp/top/
vndb.org/
ankiweb.net/shared/info/932119536
itazuraneko.neocities.org/
djtguide.neocities.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

DJT - Daily Japanese Thread #2108
Fuck anyone that thinks this is important

Now that I've done the sacred ritual, does anyone have Japanese translation of Harry Potter in some PDF or some other (free, nicely pirated) format.

Go read something actually good instead of garbage

fucking retard

Attached: gabrieldropout41.png (1280x720, 1.3M)

It's not garbage, they're fun books to read and are simple enough. Just because the writer is garbage doesn't make her books are garbage as well.

I remember reading somewhere that the Japanese translation is shit

>我が神聖な精子ですべての悪魔を妊娠させることで世界を守る
or
>我が神聖な精子ですべての悪魔を妊娠させることによって世界を守る
Just really holy texts though..
Are you gonna use it in your sermon or something?

Attached: DF58F4A2-0722-4810-A3DC-AA184F38AAEF.jpg (554x554, 37K)

>DJT is a Japanese language 勉強スレ for 人々 interested in the language
What the fuck is this garbage OP?

t. been here for 2 threads

I'm the one that changed it to more accurately show what this thread is about.
Faggot.

御拝でーびーる

>News Web Easy hasn't been updated since 一日

It's all 鬼 now, that was a useful resource damnit

我が神聖な精子ですべての悪魔を妊娠させることで世界を守る
不思議なヒーローセメンジャスティスと呼ばれている

ザーメン*

不思議なヒーローセーメンジャスティスと呼ばれている

だからザーメンだ
ザー・メ・ン

but Harry Potter *is* garbage. it's an inconsistent mess with poorly-thought-out worldbuilding, awful treatment of a magic system, shallow characters, and main themes that are basically an abomination of confused, vaguely-calvinist religious rambling.

Attached: Capture.png (730x147, 4K)

でもお前はセーメンが書いた

我が聖なる子種を以って悪魔の輩を全員身ごもらせてこの世の救世主となる

Ah fuck.

仮面をつける不思議なヒーロー サーメンジャスティスと呼ばれている

いいえ、別に。
ほら、英語も教えるつもりだ。TOEFLに98%以上取ったけど、モッブ達にとって構わない、大雑把な英語をもった人に感嘆するはず。実は色々な糞先生がいる。間に合っている先生よりだと思う、子供の頃、英語の授業で何回も検定を持った先生のとてつもないアドバイスを聞いて、無視しないといけないと分かっていた場合が多かった。

日本語の場合、まだ流暢していなくて、JLPTでさえ取ったことがない。でも初心者にもう沢山教えられることがあると思う。生徒が俺のレベルに達した時、俺の短所が見えるぐらいでも、俺も練習してきたのおかげでまた距離を作って、もっと教えられることを持とう。

そして、俺の能力はあんなに大事じゃない、なぜなら言語より、言語の勉強自体を教えるつもりだから。豆知識の堆積より、原則と方法。DJTは多分ネット中の一番成績した日本語勉強の組だ。理由は先生より、自分の努力があれば、結果が来るから。
いつも渋るの生徒達には助けられないが、すこしだけ、ゆっくりと教えられる。積極的な人なら、俺の能力より、俺のアドバイスを大切にする奴だな。

会社とか、学校とかに就職したら、勿論検定が必要だけど、個人指導では大丈夫だよ。

Attached: 1540195491490.png (596x720, 280K)

>It's all 鬼 now, that was a useful resource damnit
This is terrible

>セーメン
As he is telling, it’s “ザーメン” (maybe derived from German word).
And for “不思議な”, as 不思議な is a really basic word,it might sound bit childish (but you can keep it, as being called “不思議な” by someone else(呼ばれている) is quite natural while to proclaim oneself to be so sounds quite childish).
>just in case, for those cases a word “謎の” is the cliche. But, it’s really a commonplace..

Attached: 2169B698-373C-4689-A622-C94D62BCD234.png (480x567, 99K)

Attached: kongou.gif (853x480, 1.54M)

What is a better word than 不思議

it's in the library, you probably have the "Hide books translated from English" box checked

That depends on what you want to call the hero

>仮面をつける不思議なヒーロー
In compound phrase like that, “仮面の” sounds way natural than “仮面をつける”.
And “仮面の不思議なヒーロー” sounds kind of redundant so that it’s unnatural to be uttered out of people’s mouths.
So “謎の仮面ヒーロー” would be a natural option.
>>sounds really cliche as well, though..

Attached: 1A1450AC-1C4C-4284-A6F7-90FCBBD1C21E.jpg (480x520, 28K)

Stop wasting everyone's time with your existence.

Attached: khorosho.png (814x720, 299K)

Thanks. I'm hoping to sell my idea to one of the Japanese TV networks. Semen Justice will be everyone's favourite hero.

地震が起こったらどうすればいい

Attached: earthquake.jpg (566x594, 60K)

I finished the first 3 volumes of Yotsuba and I can't stomach another page of it. Any recommendations for what to read next? I've never been into manga so there isn't anything I'm dying to read. A simple VN might fun too.

Found it. You were right. Thanks bunches.
We'll see. I hope not.
It's written by a woman, you honestly can't expect much. And you could say the same about pretty much any fantasy/sci-fi literature with very few exceptions. When I read these types of books, I turn off my brain, they serve as enjoyment and not much else. I don't expect the depth of Chekhov or Goethe when I buy a book about a boy who waggles around a stick while speaking Latin-like words.

駅前の自動販売機の中に化け物が住んでいると聞いた

>いや、別に
>まあ、英語も教えるつもりだ。TOEFLで98%以上取ったけど、モブどもはそんなことには関心がない。適当な英語力を持ってる奴になら誰にでも感服するはず。実のところ、いろんなクソ教師どもがいる。子供の頃、英語の授業で何回も検定を通った教師のしょうもないアドバイスを聞きながら、無視しないといけないなとわかっていた場合が多かった。
(I didn't get your intention in "間に合っている先生よりだと思う"..)
>日本語についてはまだ流暢じゃなくて、JLPTでさえ取ったことがない。でも初心者にはもう沢山教えられることがあると思う。生徒が今の俺のレベルに達して、俺の短所が見えるぐらいになっても、俺もさらに勉強してきた事のおかげでまた進歩してもっと教えられることを持っているようにすればいいんだ。
>>そして、俺の能力はそんなに大事じゃない。なぜなら言語より、言語の勉強自体を教えるつもりだから。豆知識の堆積より、原則と方法だ。DJTは多分ネット中の一番勉強した日本語学習者のグループだ。理由は教師よりも、自分の努力さえあれば結果が伴うから分野だからだ。
>>いつもやる気のない生徒達は助けられないが、すこしづつ、ゆっくりとなら教えられる。積極的な生徒なら、俺の能力より、俺のアドバイスを大切にするだろうな。
>>会社とか学校とかに就職したら勿論検定が必要だろうけど、個人指導ではこれで十分だよ。
I appreciate your posting long comments, as most people here just can't be bothered to do so.
But I think it'd be better idea to post here more frequently hopefully before you come to have to check texts written by your students...

Check the resources in OP. There's recommendations for visual novels.

I think I know the better places than that..
dlsite.com/
dmm.co.jp/top/
>unless that "networks" are those venture ones which broadcast only on the web..

Attached: sakura.jpg (192x240, 10K)

Go to vndb.org/ and just start something that interests you and isn't too long.

Don't worry about difficulty, even はなひら can be difficult if you don't enjoy reading and it's a chore.

>Semen Justice will be everyone's favourite hero.
You know about that rapeman anima ye?

Thanks, the people in the /jp/ thread said every VN chart was shit so that's why I asked, guess there's no recourse but to just pick something.

間に合わせ、姑息、まあまあ、makeshift, barely good enoughとか…

And I saw some mistakes in my post, but my main point stands - by the time the student gets good enough so that my current ability would interfere with teaching, I will also have learned a lot and be able to help him.

I won't lie, though, I won't offer conversation practice in Japanese, input will be the main program. If they are really rudimentary, then cramming kana, kanji, vocabulary etc. will keep them busy for a long time.

There could be a crossover episode.

I am asking, what it is that differentiate those VN and Comics?
I had regarded VN to be a substitute concept for mangas or so-called "light novels", but I found they are called the same name as they are called here..
Or does it simply mean EROGE?

VN are games you read and play, Eroge are part of VNs

So you meant
>間に合わせ程度の教師だったと思うんだが、子供の頃、英語の授業で何回も検定を通った(はずの)教師のしょうもないアドバイスを聞きながら、無視しないといけないなとわかっていた場合が多かった。
And "先生" usually involves feelings of respect and affinity to some extent, so if they don't suffice it, you can call them "教師" in front of other people, unless you are in front of those 教師.

As for your job, if you say so, it'd be so.
However, how much are you gonna be paid for that, if we could ask?
なるほどお

Attached: AceAttorny.jpg (636x636, 72K)

Perhaps you can do better to practice Japanese than with one of the dullest franchises in the history of cinema. Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though

"No!"

The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

Attached: 1457203605861.jpg (1744x2976, 1.43M)

Eroge also don't have to be VNs, if there's more gameplay elements and less reading then it's just a normal game but also an eroge as well.

this is still fucking funny

Well, I liked my English teachers, despite them being terrible at the language. But I understand, I generally use 教師 when using teineigo.

I'll be charging 50 monkey bucks for 90 minutes (~14USD); if too many people show up, the price might go up.
I can't vouch for my Japanese classes, but they'll learn better English than they do at school for sure.

>The Lord of the Rings in shit tier
Are the books really that bad? I enjoyed the movies a lot and without them being popular I think we wouldn't get to enjoy all the different fantasy races nowadays.

They're not bad it's a meme perpetuated by wannabe intellectual incels that get off on only wanting to read "high literature".

read delivery cinderella

theyre good but theyre kids books

Yes, 先生 would rather match polite form than the other, and 教師 could be used even to express your tacit contempt for damn teachers.
(You can say バカ教師 often but we usually don’t hear バカ先生).
>14us$
I can’t exactly tell how much it is effectively worth there, but I would have dropped my jaw if it was like 150us$/hour or so..

150 an hour? What the hell, mang.

Nice wall of text. Also idk if the entire post is supposed to be ironic or some pasta, but that picture is god awful and if you honestly think like that you should kys.

Books written for adults nowadays are always about some half Native American bisexual woman reconnecting with her father or some bullshit like that.

I'll take orcs and talking trees, thanks

Oh, if you liked him, using 先生 is a very good manner.
“教師” is a word from very objective point of view, it focuses on it’s function of profession, while “先生” involves personal feelings (usually positive) of students and politeness.

it's a meme on /tv/
whenever there's a discussion about harry potter someone posts this pasta with an slightly changed opening sentence and this pic

what books are you reading? that sounds more like "young adult" books

>precise definition of Eroge
Oh, thanks.
I haven’t been so familiarized with those stuffs, anyway. Sounds you are an expert in that category..aren’t you?

Attached: 625F2CAD-13D5-46F9-93FD-4C0623AB3B03.jpg (739x415, 22K)

the picture is right although i never could get through atlas shrugged. i always buy books and never end up reading them, but atlas was a different beast all together

Attached: gabrieldropout168b.png (882x916, 810K)

Okay well it's probably not as bad in Japan, but what is some good modern literature in English that won't make me start menstruating?

How do I get out of this trap where I can't read without putting every single thing I don't know in my Anki deck? It makes reading much slower and takes all the fun out of it because I'm not even paying attention to what's going on anymore but otherwise I can't help but feel like I'm not being diligent enough and "missing out".

Attached: 1538990336977.jpg (700x800, 91K)

Read something that interest you enough that you don't want to stop all the time

how modern are we talking? plus literary greats still exist, its just like with music how its drowned out by the ariana grandes and stephen kings

By the way, I might add that when I was starting to learn Japanese people the 'real literature' that people would recommend as the first thing to read was キッチン by 吉本ばなな

Here's a character summary:
>Mikage Sakurai ? Young Japanese woman. Main character. Struggling with the loss of her grandmother, who was her last surviving relative.

>Yuichi Tanabe ? Son of Eriko Tanabe. Main character. He lives with his loving transgender mother and supports Mikage in her time of grieving. He eventually loses his mother, and relies on emotional support from Mikage.

>Eriko Tanabe ? Supporting character. Transgender woman. Eriko owns a nightclub, which is where she is killed by a man who feels as though she is tricking him by being a transgender woman.

this sounds like shit. read sao lmao. if you want some actually good japanese books read i am a cat or no longer human

sounds like a really good book :)

>read sao lmao
冗談としてもそんな勧めをやめろ。

Attached: 1539978566411.gif (189x163, 164K)

Attached: umineko80.webm (768x256, 2.17M)

なんか違う無名さんを引用してしまいました。どうか、お許しを

thats the joke. although tht said i have most of the sao books for some reason

Comedy gold lad

>minna no nihongo
>how to use this book
>it's all in Japanese

Ah, the good ol' "swim or drown" approach.

公園のあたりに怪しい外国人を見たらさっそく警察を連絡してください

Does anybody here use Anki on (Arch) Linux? I installed everything needed for mecab support with the "Japanese Support" plugin, but it still doesn't work.
It's needed for ankiweb.net/shared/info/932119536 , currently only the manual lookup works with it =\

works fine on manjaro for me

I see, thanks!

Fuck linux shitters

Where we dropping boys

Attached: shiro19.png (1300x731, 1.91M)

where do you live?

Shithole

where to get yotsuba scans? what other easy manga are good

I actually looked at /jp/ DJT for the first time and my god it's actually worse than I expected.

Attached: 1545346655165.jpg (1280x720, 158K)

>what other easy manga are good
マンガ家さんと

Attached: モム.jpg (906x325, 93K)

Attached: kurione8.gif (400x340, 2.37M)

>Check the Cornucopia of Resources before asking where to download X or Y:
>itazuraneko.neocities.org/
>djtguide.neocities.org/

惡の華 is very beginner friendly

>矢でも鉄砲でも持って来い
this doesn't actually mean "bring me an arrow or a gun"...right?

Oh I just noticed that 日's ニチ reading is 音読み . 初日 always threw me off because I thought ジツ was it's only one.

Sounds more like a challenge come AT ME with guns, arrows or whatever. But context would help.

it's literally a set expression

*its

Attached: vocaloid356.png (1089x2554, 1.14M)