/smg/ stock market thread - MU's Wrath Returns Edition

Sanjay guide us.

Popular brokers for stock trading:

Robinhood
>commission free and no minimum to open
robinhood.com

> It's been X days, why isn't my account verified yet?
Not being approved in 3 days seems to be the new norm. Nevertheless, call/email their support if you've been waiting more than that.

> When is it coming to my country?
The only "plans" are on an Australian and Chinese beta. Neither of which has gained much traction.

Interactive Brokers
>$1 commission per 100 shares. $10k minimum to open, $3k if 25 or under. Lowest margin interest. Free API access
interactivebrokers.com

TD Ameritade
>$6.95 commission per trade. No minimum to open. Fantastic data/charting through their free ThinkorSwim service
tdameritrade.com

Degiro (Cheap broker for Europeans)
degiro.eu

Educational sites:
investopedia.com/
khanacademy.org/economics-finance-domain

Free in depth charts:
tradingview.com

Premarket Data:
nasdaq.com/extended-trading/premarket-mostactive.aspx
money.cnn.com/data/premarket/
cnbc.com/pre-markets/

Earnings Report Calendars:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html
earningswhispers.com/calendar

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

S&P 500 VIX Futures (For SVXY/UVXY, higher is better for UVXY, lower is better for SVXY)
investing.com/indices/us-spx-vix-futures

CNBC Live:
livenewson.com/american/cnbc-america.html
Fox Business Live:
livenewson.com/business/fox-business-network-fbn.html
Bloomberg Live:
livenewson.com/american/bloomberg-television-business.html

Basic rundown on options:
youtube.com/watch?v=TBAQtjyqNHw
youtube.com/watch?v=SuTTzfa4ePE

Attached: unedited-picture-of-CEO.png (2400x1600, 1.18M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5jLxdZpGcZ8
equitystory.com.au/90-percent-of-share-traders-lose-money-in-5-years/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

AMD 40
TSLA 400

Gene editing is real
Self Driving is real

is this one still on?
i just deleted mine and the other user did too

>Gene editing is real
>Gene editing isreal
>Gene editing israel

Wtf does and have to do with that?
Did you mean EDITAS?

for continuities sake
last bread

BASED MICRON, I NEVER SHOULD HAVE DOUBTED YOU

mu going

last thread someone said gene editing was overhyped and that self-driving was a long time away.

>Lazy fucks won't make a new thread edition
It's after the bell, gramps literally no one except (((after hours))) investors trade. This isn't like Crypto where it is a non stop 24/7 worldwide trading platform. Go to bed, the big boys in Crypto are trading now.

Attached: 1471297862228.jpg (691x651, 104K)

Some kind of regulation that forces ETFs to file something and most of the ones outside of the EU cba.
I haven't really looked into it, it might just be a degiro thing.

does it worry you that the world seems to be splitting into three markets?

china keeps everything foreign out with heavy government intervention in the name of national security
EU keeps everything foreign out by creating well meaning regulations that slow business down and lock out small foreign business
US has complex immigration laws and is starting to mess with tariffs

Who else buying that SBUX dip? Run by Jews, too big to failx social justice and cucking to niggers is enforced by law now. You lads don't hate money, do you?

Attached: FB_IMG_1467732522600.jpg (1361x2048, 125K)

Guess which company is in the very bottom of the SP1500?
Spoiler it's big 5

Attached: guess2.png (655x618, 41K)

I believe that low earth orbit satellites and all the companies involved with them will skyrocket in the next 2-3 years. For this reason i’m loading up on $GSAT.

>US has complex immigration laws

your whole post was retarded

Nah, afterhours, weekends and holidays are great times to study and get fresh ideas on what to trade the day after

Attached: ROAD.png (485x90, 24K)

I saw that.

#1 EOY

>Go to bed, the big boys in Crypto are trading now.
In other words teenagers with $20 are trading shitcoins, and losing money while doing it.

Attached: 175844725.jpg (750x500, 30K)

didnt quite catch the bottom but still got a good price I guess

Attached: 97845456.png (636x516, 185K)

I just opened my first vanguard account. I want to put some of my savings into an index fund instead of the bank, since the bank is just sitting there losing to inflation.

I deposited $3100 to buy into their index fund, is that enough or am I gonna get fucked on fees because I can't afford to do the $10,000 deposit thing?

Attached: brainlet.jpg (989x1000, 65K)

I think it's probably better that way, protectionism gets too much of a bad rap.
Although I can't pretend to understand too much of these things.

cryptocoins are going the same way as every meme. Endless copies that suck ass trying to cash in on the originals growth. Eventually overtaken entirely by dumb people just copy-pasting with no brainpower behind it.

ask the 1,000,000 H1Bs standing in line.
if you're from Mexico, its easy just walk across and drop an anchor
if you're from overseas, its extremely difficult to migrate to the US

Sure, but as a whole it's pretty much open borders relative to the world. It has a stupid system, I wouldn't say it has too many barriers.

Guys have you heard about these things called Bitcoins?

>too much
>too much
Fuck am I bad at posting. I did this last thread too. I'll just return to lurking.

FUCK MU!!!!!!!!

TOP FUCKING KEK

The last time I saw SBUX has nice margins and a clean balance sheet

I wonder if they gonna make a new concept and leverage their geographical presence
SBUX still has the potential to spend money to create growth

NOT GE NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

WE'LL GET BETTER AND MAKE MONEY WE PROMISE JUST LET US STAY REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: 1529288280224.png (628x719, 347K)

planned population replacement, not even trying to hide it anymore balkanization of the US

nothing personal
Sorry thats just business

Attached: 1504323820417.jpg (482x482, 28K)

IM RUINED

Attached: 1F062003-6504-48DF-A28F-3D5FC75083ED.jpg (374x374, 33K)

every thread you get a new chance as an user
you get no new chances with namefagging

you'll get there

pretty much same thing in europe, all jewish plan too.

Where are my /weedbros/ at. Weed stocks are at the highest they have ever been. Good thing I invested early on.

Attached: 1529526263136.jpg (499x499, 72K)

Spic Injection is funded by Pepsico
Who buys cheetoes, fritos, doritos, the most? think about it

Attached: 220px-Pepsilogo.png (220x225, 64K)

Vanguard's total stock market index fund (VTSMX) has expense fees of 0.14% and it automatically converts to the admiral shares (VTSAX) at $10,000 which has an expenses of 0.04%. At the amount you're investing the difference between 0.04% and 0.14% is going to be single digit dollars so I wouldn't worry about it

yes, the plan goes much deeper than I thought

>yfw only 10 or so of the INDUSTRIAL 30 are actual industrial companies
>motherfucking GE, the definition of an industrial company, got replaced by a fucking pharmacy store
>the DJI index whored itself out so much that it lost its meaning completely

If you wanted to make an index of the bottom 20 on the SP1500, here's the list. If you have an extra 200 dollars kicking around, excellent investment!

Attached: Bottom_20.png (614x632, 26K)

Uhh...virgin neckbeards?

In at 52.01. I'm hopeful

times a changing
Soon the DOW will be replaced by all tech stocks

Attached: 380789-bleach_urahara0197.jpg (400x300, 24K)

Tech has it's own index (QQQ) though.

one of my friends (legally) waited for 15 years to get citizenship
she had sponsors in the community and everything

What part of 'times a changing' dont you understand?

Recovered lost ground from yesterday and gained like 60 bucks. Traded BZUN bounces all day long, currently have a buy order set for $63.20.

Attached: June20.png (785x382, 15K)

lol
MU is going because they make semis for fucking everything and they print money. theyre getting hype from self driving cars, but they have a shitton of really profitable things that they actually do, and they beat ER estimate by 3 cents. whats not to love?

Don't jinx it user! I need my OTM calls to moon tomorrow still so I can buy ITM calls with the funds!
Plz don't crash tomorrow at open

GO MICRON GO

Your calls will be worth even less now that IV has dropped. Even if it goes up a few percent.

could flash-crash to profit takers then that gap'll get gobbled up; it's happened before after earnings with MU
that would increase iv right?

Nay, I shall certainly break even tomorrow!

Attached: 1523391566349.jpg (600x438, 68K)

oooh the dump fake out. looks like holding through earnings pays off sometimes

set an order to sell on the bell if youre super scared. unless its down again for some reason in premarket. i realy doubt it though gven how techs been doing.

honestly though, it seems damn good. youll be looking at a happy green number tomorrow. and if you flip those calls, you can maybe buy some on the morning dip. set a limit buy way too low and see if you can sneak in. then you dont have to futz around w options and can just hold a solid ass stock instead.

i only do the ITM calls thing cuz im poorfag and am impatient. if i ad 40k to pop in single stocks, id just do that

hes got a point though actually, what is vega on options, what length expiry do you have, when did you buy them, what strike etc??

Yep, in big crashes calls can actually have made profits from this

hehehe, it doesn't matter, lets just wait till tomorrow

ive done this by complete accident b4
i sold on opening bell, while the stock was way up when i had really longterm (hi vega) calls. but i didnt get to sell them immediately cuz shit broker, and on open the stock crashed like 12% immediately. it sold them while way OTM and i still made some money (just not as much).

i was just an options noob tho and had no fucking clue what happened

im just saying lemme know so i can try and see if you should sell on the bell or HODL for a little while longer. but ur right. ur not doing shit with them till markets open

what do you do for that existential dread of knowing you started too late and will never make it/retire?

Let's suppose they are very far out of the money and expire in august? Would you sell them first thing in the morning and use it to buy some closer to ITM?

date and strike? i gotta check the greeks. if ur spooked, post it in teh bunker

and did you buy them today, or a little while ago?
if you bought them today, youre likely gonna lose a little to vega. but two months out and OTM shouldnt have too much vega

aw shit nvm, youre gonna be fine. you will lose something to vega, but hopefully your delta will counteract it.

Behold, my ultimate tard buy:
Date: Aug 17
Strike: $90
Greeks:
Delta .0245
Theta -.0057
Rho .0022
Gamma .0049
Vega .0139

Attached: 1486256304231.png (225x225, 47K)

lol
i was just gonna say i hope its not past 80
youll prolly break even tho. lesson learned

next time, try and go for ones with higher delta than fucking 2 lol.

the problem is, your vega is the amount that the option gains if IV goes UP. but you bought at a kinda high IV, so for every percent that IV goes down, you will lose 1*vega. since it could moon tomorrow, you will lose some to that.

if you bought some higher delta ones, you would be able to counteract it, but since yours is only 2, you can expect 2 bucks per dollar move in MU (now subtract however much IV is going down times vega). not so good. when i go OTM i look for ones that are around 30 delta and i only buy em at low IV.

its your call (literally), but id take what i can get and chalk it up as a lesson learned

sbux inching it way up

Attached: 1528134871914.jpg (644x591, 97K)

Thanks for the good advice, I'll wake up tomorrow at open and try to unload them with as little loss as possible.
May Allah bless you

PBUH

AOBC sent me through a crazy ride of joy and pain. One of the more nuttiest AH i've experienced in awhile. Glad calls were only $60.

the dow has already been replaced by punk rock
youtube.com/watch?v=5jLxdZpGcZ8

>bought $550 of MU when it was $53
Feels good man

Now I have to wait until my DF calls and BKS puts get retarded valuable. What's the chance BKS shareholders get JUST'd?

Attached: 1517946691325.jpg (573x430, 84K)

very high, satan
i cant see a future where barnes and noble exists at all, much less a future where theyre profitable

Honestly, I think the future of bookstores lies with cute small business bookstores. Probably better that way too, however, I'm really gonna miss the Barnes and Noble special edition books with the bonded leather binding and shiny pages.

If y'all live near one go get a few before they stop making them. Only 10 to 20 a piece for a hardcover of real classics. Got a hardcover Mark Twain tome with his best stuff for 15 once.

Attached: 1528728979449.jpg (375x289, 48K)

so according to this chart, you should GTFO of the SPY and GTFI the IWM. wouldntve thought that, but i guess thats what happens when US equities market gets too big for its own good.
>pic related
anyone got any other cool things i can compare charts like this? like sector vs sector?

meh overpriced books are whatever. i like books that are broken in

Attached: SPY_IWM.png (1403x690, 179K)

silver wedge getting to the tight zone

Break down imminent to 0

How is this not an ETF? I want to invest NOW

DUDE CANADA

When you have 10,000 invested in a single vanguard account, or a single stock ETF?

>All this MU celebration

Feeling pretty happy with my 40 shares at 40$. Think I'm gonna have a beer tonight.

Good luck fellow MUgicians, and HODL on.

>tfw LOCO #2
hell yeah I got some of that

Attached: LOCO.png (522x614, 140K)

so i guess im not the only retard betting on oil going up in spite of OPECs FUD. check this chart. its the spread between the july futures contracts and the december ones. it called the reversal, so now lets see if it can call OPECs bluff. if this keeps working, this will be invaluable to trade commodities with

i was waiting for a rally to go short again, but i think youre right. it cant even muster that.

Attached: CLN8-CLZ8 jun 20.png (1400x659, 92K)

Steal from those who are worse off

AKA be a banker

Hey comfy, I was curious but unsure; you were the one who wanted to make an /smg/ hedge fund didn't you?
What are you learning in college, something in economics?

Attached: DcNUlJCXcAAnxFn.jpg (464x464, 36K)

This chart is practically meaningless

Stock price = EPS + growth expectations

That’s all you need to know for long-term investing in the index fund world.

I am up roughly 80,500% since 1978.

Here's my plan:

Work my self to death to make as much money for my future kids to have a headstart.

If I'm not gonna make it, I'm gonna make sure my kids do. My dream is to build a dynasty of sorts (the best part is I'll dead before it can be realized, I'm basically living for a beautiful dream, and I'm OK with that).

LOCO + BIG 5 = HUUUGE GAINS

Yeah, i tried with Autism Incorporated, then realized I was going to lose everyones money and sent it all back. One generous soul let me keep the money, which is insane but i took the shekels.

I'm majoring in Econ right now, so one day we can all /make it/ through our collective autism

You people were shilling it in 2014-2015 and now it’s only up 10% inflation adjusted since then. + shitty dividends

interesting. i'm glad you have a motivation that works for you. i have no plans to have children so it doesn't really do anything for me

Big if true

equitystory.com.au/90-percent-of-share-traders-lose-money-in-5-years/

Jow Forums btfo

Moot always said he would not make an investment board because underage faggots would lose their mom’s money and complain

He was right.

Attached: 2AAF5CED-CCDC-4FFE-9BA1-7EDBABE436AA.png (1050x671, 97K)

$AMD > $TSLA EOY
It all makes sense now.

Attached: putting an end to the menace.jpg (308x230, 19K)

>gold at 1269
that is one two six nine people
stalinists destroyed yet again

Attached: 1520056025009.gif (839x453, 1.51M)

Robots will replace the bottom 99% of humans by the time they are grown up and ready for the trenches.

W-w-we are the 5%?

SSSSSSCCCCCUUUUMMMMMGGGGGAAAAANNNNNGGGGG

>believing data from a "financial advice" scam company

No thx m8

No. I am the 5%

so lets try this futures spread thing with silver now

seems much less clear than the crude oil one. the spread is nowhere near as wide. it is pointed downward right now, but it also seems to be inching ever so quietly up. perhaps this could mean that futures traders are anticipating silver will fall into next year on continued hikes. im saying its got another leg down in the near term though.

im gonna try gold since its more heavily traded and see if it has a clearer signal for me. not too often when silver breaks free of gold crashing. im sure itll follow

>This chart is practically meaningless
i bet. idk wat im doing. im just testing out this type of shit to compare things that i normally wouldnt think of, then posting it with a guess so that i can check back in a few days and see if it was accurate. the spread charts for futures seem to be pretty handy so far though.

what it DOES mean is that IWM has been outperforming the SPY this year so far. but any old retard couldve told ya that. now if i had this chart at the beginning of the year, it mightve come in handy. but im not too worried about it. just trying to test some charting ideas out w out putting real money down

Attached: SIN8-SIZ8.png (1360x657, 96K)