Wat do?

Setting up my humble mining rig (if you wanna call it that?). It is a single gtx 1060 6gig. What should i mine? I am debating between ravencoin or maybe AIQ. It can mine ETH which is nice but the difficulty is high for just a single card. I almost really thinking of finding a coin i can get a good number of easily (low difficulty).

Attached: 51T1GaSIVLL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg (350x350, 28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nicehash.com/
nicehash.com/profitability-calculator
whattomine.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Wat do?

Well you certainly shouldn't try mining

Can This mine shitcoins like 0xbtc? Have the same one but 3gig

i already have the stuff to do it with. it is spare parts i have cobbled together from an old pc and a gpu i was able to get at the normal price. was going to upgrade my 2nd pc but realized that it may not really be worth it (it is dying so why put a new gpu in a pc that maybe has a month of life left?)

my main pc has a 3 gig version. i can mine it but the returns were pretty crap. i wouldn't recommend it especially compared to ravencoin which i can mine pretty easily a handful per day (dont remember exact amont)

0xBitcion mining is extremely profitable.
You'll be a millionaire in one year.

Attached: 1-xwdwyVpzM0AcNCK6N9dc1A.png (366x366, 32K)

>It is a single gtx 1060 6gig
you can mine ETH @ $8 a week. Not even worth the cost of elec, as u'll net about $2 after factoring that in avg kw/h rates in us.
You might be able to pay for some of the cost of the card by mining ETC before it hits kikebase and timing the selling right. I've got a shitty 3 card setup with Radeon 380s i got for free that I run on free elec via solar at work. I've been mining ETC exclusively on it for months. It's shit though, gets about 1 ETC a week. Was set up more or less as a hobby.

TRTL

thats what this is. the card is already paid for and i have the pc to put it in so why not. i am really kind of hoping for the next big thing which is what every one wants. i just dont want to waste my time either is all.

im not gonna lie. i tried oxbtc on my main pc and i didnt really have any luck. for what ever reason all of my shares were failing which leads me to think my set up had something wrong with it. do you have a calculator or anything to give a rough idea on what i should expect?

use your CPU and mine HEXX

;) already do my trtl fren

XMR then? Price is pretty suppressed right now so thats good for the future but you would probably only get about .007 coins per day (guess).

I am seeing digits here. This sounds more and more valid. maybe what i could do is this. i only have 80k TRTL. finish a stack of 100k. Then move on XMR. Its an idea which is more than a had earlier ;)

Come minerfags, spill the beans. Jow Forums has been purged of pajeets.

This plox

Don't bother honestly. Get into masternodes and PoS coins, that's the future anyway.

Yo. Actual miner here. My recommendation for beginners is to start with NiceHash. There are profitability charts on there for damn near every card out there. NH will always choose the most profitable algorithm for you.

nicehash.com/
nicehash.com/profitability-calculator

If you want to get fancy you could use something like AwesomeMiner & choose which pools/algorithms you'd like to mine with. You will definitely need to DYOR in this scenario... You're going to need to check your electricity bill to see if it's even worth mining.

I have the best luck mining Lyra2REv2 & X16r with Nvidia cards. Honestly I wouldn't recommend getting into it at this point, I've already reached ROI & electricity is relatively cheap in my region ($0.045/kWh) so I'm probably going to keep going until my cards crap out or I feel like selling them.

cool. thanks. im going to look into this some. from what i see i would earn roughly 18$/month which really isnt much, at the same time i dont have much of a miner. im going to have to double check my electric cost though as it may make it completely a moot point. Thanks for the links again.

Just install nicehash and get some bitcoin.

Mine ethereum classic, I use fairpool because their site has a config for any mining tool you use

If you do the math you would have to mine on nicehash for 3 years and hope btc hits 50k to make a profit

NVIDIA cards aren't good for mining cryptonight coins. AMD cards of the same tier of your 1060 will have 2x more hashrate mining TRTL, LOKI and etc.

those digits dont lie
what is nvidia best for?

Take a look at whattomine.com/
Put the number of cards you'll use (1x 1060 in your case) and it'll show your hashrate projection for each algo. Then you choose a coin from that algo.
Nothing says you cannot mine cryptonight coins (I'm mining LOKI with a 1070 just because I like the fundamentals of the coin), but it's a fact that NVIDIA cards are more efficient mining other algos

>What should i mine?
ebay-coin

Np bud. If you're buying cards still, go with 1070tis . They have the best hashrate-power usage ratio.

Thanks. I have really been thinking about raven for possible future gains. Im looking for the unicorn, and i know it. I dont know if it is it or not but seems ok.

miningbro, thanks again. you should start a post every few days to keep us noobs up to date. some day i hope to know a bit more than i do. right now its just a hobby with the hope of hitting that one that will take off hard.

use whattomine. 1 1060? Id wait and at least get a 1070