I dropped out of college last semester to run my SaaS business...

I dropped out of college last semester to run my SaaS business. You anons always gripe about not knowing what to do when starting a busines, so ask away. If I'm here forever I might as well help some of you out

Attached: vsco5b1f3c924a6f0.jpg (2048x1365, 383K)

Other urls found in this thread:

doingbusiness.org/data/exploreeconomies/russia
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

How to go about registering company name and setting up a website? Also taxes

Attached: 1522453259093.jpg (555x445, 36K)

Is it possible to make it as a brainlet?

Attached: let.jpg (250x231, 7K)

Show us your business card or GTFO.

Attached: cards.jpg (1224x720, 192K)

How did you get your first customers - were they people you knew or did you do marketing or cold calling or what?
How did you 'survive' at first, did you need to work a day job or did you have some cash from somewhere else?
How did you identify your value proposition? And has it changed much since you started?

doingbusiness.org/data/exploreeconomies/russia
It will tell you teh cost and forms of registering a business in every country in the world.

If you have to ask - no.

Legalzoom, or have a lawyer friend.
>website
Before this business I did digital media, and a big part of that was web development. Just go on fiverr and find someone for a fraction of the cost of a US web dev. We outsource our work to them anyway.
>taxes
It's pretty self explanatory. Also look into delaware S corps
Absolutely. Look into dropshipping fren
I'm absolutely not connecting my own business to Jow Forums so fuck off. I can explain excatly what my software does but in no way am I going to post a pic of my business card.

I usually dont get distracted by those types of pics but that might be one of the most attractive woman I've ever seen.

LARPing faggot kys

Not OP but I just sold my amazon FBA business (PL health supplement) I started a year ago with $500 investment for 90k and I score double digits on online IQ tests. The secret is to start businesses that are entirely supported by other more competent businesses. That way you can focus on the marketing angles, since most people are retarded and respond to other retards, marketing can only be successfully performed by brainlets.

For example, I would have failed if I had to figure out eccommerce, but amazon was there with FBA so it was a breeze -- even easier than drop shipping ecept for product investment. OP says he started a SaaS business, but if he was dumb he should have started a whitelabel SaaS business off a successful company's product. Then he would have been free to focus on marketing.

snailking.github.io/snailfarm2/

>acorn price can only go up

wew faggots why are you not in on this action?

Attached: fpLR5mkRr5-12.png (300x250, 20K)

>How did you get your first customers - were they people you knew or did you do marketing or cold calling or what?
Affiliates. The software is $40 a month and I pay them $10 per sale monthly. That way they have an incentive to keep people in the program.
>How did you 'survive' at first, did you need to work a day job or did you have some cash from somewhere else?
I ran a digital media business before this. My need to find a better way to automate the onboarding process gave rise to me building the software I sell.
>How did you identify your value proposition?
See above. It was born out of necessity.
>And has it changed much since you started?
Not really, I've added a few features but not many.

>but if he was dumb he should have started a whitelabel SaaS business off a successful company's product.
That would be smart if I wasn't a dev - why would I pay someone to do work that, as a broke college student, I could do quite easily considering I had all the time in the world?

Then the question is how did you get your affiliates? How do you find affiliates willing to make a sale for only $10 guaranteed then maybe another $10 next month? Or did you train regular people to be affiliates?

Tell me more about how you marketed these supplements - did you use affiliates, facebook ads, facebook/instagram profiles, SEO?
How did you figure our your customer profile and who to market to since it's a generic product? How did you differentiate?
How much of the investment was on the stuff like registering a domain, ads etc. and how much of it was inventory?
How long did it take before you started making a profit? Was it ever consistent?

Thanks, so basically you wrote this software, realized other people could use it, and paid affiliates to shill it for you?

>Then the question is how did you get your affiliates?
So again the product is in the digital marketing space - it generates leads and will automatically create and send a personalized email(followed up with a drip campaign) to a number of leads that you find in a certain niche and location. The idea is that the software pays for itself, and that once you've landed several clients through the service, you'll be more than willing to stay on. This has worked so far(I'm 6 months in and we only have a 6% cancel rate).

As I started in digital marketing, all of the affiliates I have are just friends of mine that have followings and know a lot of other people in the space.
I also offered them free use of said software for life.

>so basically you wrote this software, realized other people could use it, and paid affiliates to shill it for you?
That is correct.
Before I had this, I would spend hours every day going through google and scraping information myself - or paying a filippino $5 an hour to do it for me. Now, if I could only pay $40 a month for that to all be automated, I'd do it in a heartbeat. So I built software that did it for me, and started marketing it to other epople in the space.

I currently have just under 1500 subscribers. With 90-95% margins not including affiliates and seeing that I take home $30 worth of each sale monthly, you can do the math on what it's making.

fuck off with this spam shit

>How much of the investment was on the stuff like registering a domain, ads etc. and how much of it was inventory?
$300 inventory, $200 ads
>How long did it take before you started making a profit? Was it ever consistent?
It was always profitable.

Those other questions don't sound like the kind of thing a brainlet would ask, the reality is you don't need a "customer profile" or even differentiation to sell impulse products or trending health supplements. You just have to be there when the customer wants to buy and be willing to show them a pushy ad.

>So again the product is in the digital marketing space
That is like selling shovels at a gold mine, much of the advice in that vertical can't be translated to others.

>That is like selling shovels at a gold mine
That's exactly what it is - because sifting through google yourself is like panning for gold.

It can also audit programs sites based on SEO, Schema, and if it's mobile-friendly or not. From there, you can send that audit as part of your email and create a shit ton of value for your client.

>the reality is you don't need a "customer profile" or even differentiation to sell impulse products or trending health supplements. You just have to be there when the customer wants to buy and be willing to show them a pushy ad.
Fair enough. Any tips on optimizing your funnel?

Brainlet here what does your software do?

So basically it works like this
>user inputs a niche and location(e.g. "search for dentists in miami")
>program scrapes google and yelp for business names, emails, phone numbers, and social links
>shows you all of the best leads for your desired service(social media management/marketing, web development, SEO, PPC, mobile sites, etc)
>lets you audit each website/social media channel so you can create value for the client
>sends a personalized email with customizable tags that correspond to the contact in each specific email, to make it more personal
>follows up with a drip campaign
a shit ton of other features but those are the basics of my proprietary software, so pls dont steal my shit

Why does my foreskin tingle after a good trade on binance?

No-foreskinners btfo. You will never know the feel.. JUST

Attached: imfriendly.jpg (384x384, 42K)

based user
americans will never get it

My God
> drops glasses

i dont get it