So I heard through the grapevine that they purposely give all the FIFA games to US-based game studios because Euro...

So I heard through the grapevine that they purposely give all the FIFA games to US-based game studios because Euro programmers might rig them to give their national/local team an unfair advantage.

That's amusing if it's true desu.

Attached: ps2_fifa_2006-110214.jpg (640x905, 98K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=smwj7ISnwXM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Wouldn't surprise me.

After all those numerous FIFA scandals, you bet your ass!

I always kind of imagined the player ratings were just driven how a given player's agents paid the studio.

Just let them make the game in EA's Liverpool studio. Not like they will ever win a league any time soon.

^This.

I thought they moved fifa production to vancouver because vancouver did NBA Street and SSX Tricky and those were A+ games, but apparently they've had it forever

FIFA player rankings never made much sense to me. Why would you even give them the portrait rights if they make you mediocre as hell anyway?

SSX series was so fucking good.
Anyway FIFA are super mediocre games and have always been. Never liked them even back when I played football myself.
Probably the biggest milk cow in the gaming industry

did you just say FIFA?
youtube.com/watch?v=smwj7ISnwXM

FIFA Norf FC edition?

Japan would work too. They don't really care about soccer there and probably have few biases.

Japs make weird anime games and some rpgs. I can’t see them make a normal game for a western audience

both posts incorrect, never talk about football again until your countries get to the world cup.

Pretty sure we defeated your shithole in your own shithole for 3rd place

It's practically tied with sumo for second most popular sport in Japan, baseball being first.

Also because Euro developers can't make games.

Oh well, at least they fucked and impregnated thousands upon thousands of Russian thots.

Europe makes best simulators (except flight)

Which has been true going back to the 80s when they couldn't make anything but crummy knockoffs of Jap arcade and console games on home computers.

>Anyway FIFA are super mediocre games and have always been. Never liked them even back when I played football myself.
>Probably the biggest milk cow in the gaming industry

Welcome to EA, enjoy your stay. There used to at one time be a lot of licensed sports games until they outbid everyone else and created a permanent monopoly on it.

Yeah it’s pretty bad. There used to be PES but ever FIFA became the biggest one EA stopped trying. Unsurprisingly PES is slowly making a comeback but it will always be the weird knock off with fake players

How the fuck is some american fatass going to accurately rate every single player from the polish, swedish etc. leagues, retard?

They don’t. FIFA by now is an extension of the tv rights of all clubs and their skills get influenced a lot by marketing

>How the fuck is some american fatass going to accurately rate every single player from the polish, swedish etc. leagues, retard?
How would a Finn? You don't really have much of a soccer tradition desu.

I thought they only care about baseball and their national sports like sumo wrestling.

Give it to a German studio and they'll give the Israeli national team an unfair advantage out of guilt.

>go to any thrift store im America and find those EA sports games stacked like cordwood
Even most used game stores won't take them.

*does worse than the year they got 7-1'd*