ETH stolen

Is metamask truly safe? I just got my eth and tokens stolen from it. It can't be phishing attempt since i didn't even interact with metamask in the last 24 hours when this happened. The only place i even interacted using this account was idex and giving the public address for morph's airdrop.

Attached: why.jpg (1000x600, 51K)

Your computer probably has malware. Do you download shit from shady sites?

Have bitdefender installed and it didn't detect anything. Guess i'll thoroughly scan my pc later but this is quite a fresh windows install.

>has windows

maybe too fresh if u catch my drift. Did u reset ur pc because that would explain why you lost ur funds.

look up the address where your coins went to in an explorer

I checked etherscan and saw my eth and tokens got sent to another address.

Fuck...how much did u lose?

When was the last time you unlocked wallet and for what

Bout usd200 worth total.

Don't think i unlocked it this past few days but the last time i actual did something prior to this was transfering tokens out of idex.

It's your computer that is compromised not metamask you stupid fuck, it's all client side.

Nobody has ever said metamask was "truly safe." You should be able to intuit this yourself, but even one of the developers developer said it was only suitable for small amounts for relatively short periods of times. There are known and obvious vulnerabilities to "hot wallets," though they obviously serve a useful purpose.

the post I referenced is on reddit. Just google how safe is metamask. Sorry you got your shit stolen, but no funds are safe in hot wallets ever.

Mightve been phishing in the past depending on whether the idex withdrawal went through or some malware on your pc

>don't think i unlocked it

But then what's the best option to store shitcoins and tokens that doesn't have their own wallets? Storing on exchanges with 2fa seems the next best method to me but then exchanges can get hacked too. I lost some coins at coinsmarkets.com last year too.

Buy a hardware wallet.

>uses windows
>doesn't know if he unlocked his wallet
>already lost coins last year
it's like you're not even trying

Did you save your seed phrase on a cloud storage site (Google Drive/Dropbox) or on a notepad document on the desktop?

I only use the official ethereum wallet - Mist. Takes a bit to synchronise, but feels very safe. Prefer it over hardware wallets even. Storing private keys on encrypted flash drives and paper.

boot from a hitman pro usb stick, and let it scan your system I am 100% sure you have some maleware.
Afterwards run adwcleaner and malewarebytes.

>bitdefender
garbage. malwarebytes + super antispyware = golden.