If I read 200 books, will I be filthy rich or just another dummy who wasted lots of lifetime gazing at sheets of paper...

If I read 200 books, will I be filthy rich or just another dummy who wasted lots of lifetime gazing at sheets of paper? My cousin has a net worth of 2 million $ and he suggested me Tai Lopez.

Attached: flat,1000x1000,075,f.u1.jpg (1000x741, 150K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UyW9AjplDfY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It depends if you're actually interested in what you're reading

whats your favourite book?

Knowledge means nothing if you can't apply it. So, apply it

Thus spoke Zarathustra.

lmao meme choice

Ah the classic “I like to read” pick

KNOWLEDGE

i have read over 100 books but im still retarded.

Attached: hi.gif (249x358, 42K)

I've read way over 200 books and I've written seven, where is my money?

>If I read 200 books, will I be filthy rich or just another dummy
Well as that Grant Cardone guy says if there's a million dollar insight in a book you spent $20 on that's a profit.
And Charlie Munger attributed his and Buffett's wealth to 6 hours a day of
>ass-siterry
>My cousin has a net worth of 2 million $ and he suggested me Tai Lopez.
Oh, in that case, just another dummy.

Nah but seriously I've been trying to figure out how to perform the financial alchemy of books into money and thus far it hasn't worked. Charlie Munger says you need a 'lattice work of mental models' which is basically programming in kind of short cuts to different broad theories about the world that are easily available rather than having to 'think' and 'search' for knowledge.

But other than that, no, booksmarts won't help you.

Maybe look up 'Personal Knowledge Management'

Attached: 1896995_10203185349698248_1099484935_n.jpg (941x960, 121K)

I like to read research papers within my industry for fun but sometimes it does help with forming theories and strategies to a problem

those self help books are usually a meme imo
>thus spoke zarathustha
kek the way he talks is too complicated for a brainlet like me

go to the websites of deloitte, world bank imf, wef and etc. and go to their research/publication section. There is quite abit of interesting content in there

Buy Link

None of it useful though unless you have a plan or objective already I've found

you'd definitely need to make journals of all the advice as you read, in ways you can apply it yourself.

most books are fluff and profficient readers will skim. for example if i download a new pdf, i dont read it all i skim it and read the sections that will be valuable to me in my current position, which will help my current systems.

as far as just reading in itself, improving you, yes it will give you more words to use in conversation, you can practice this better by reading aloud to yourself.

people dont like to read very much these days, especially important applicable non-fiction that wasn't assigned to them by an authority. so just by reading you are able to outcompete others in a lot of ways.

>you'd definitely need to make journals of all the advice as you read, in ways you can apply it yourself.
Doesn't work. I have something like 50,000 words of notes I've taken from varied readings over the past year, everything from Ramsey Sentences to Kurt Lewin's Field Theory to 'Brand Positioning'.
Now, when I say 'notes' what I really mean is summarized essays with emboldened keywords written in a logical progression - like my own personal encyclopaedia articles.

UTTERLY UTTERLY USELESS.
What am I doing wrong?

what are you expecting from the notes?

they're a refresher, they stoke ideas, all the various ideas when read together purculate in your subconscious and help your solve problems in creative new ways.

i don't expect much right away. it's an investment in yourself, building a toolkit to use for efficiencies sake.

say you have a marketing problem you open up your binder of your favorite marketing books and the journal notes from them. you review it, you think, you read more, you write a bit yourself brainstorming, etc.

this guy is fucking intense
youtube.com/watch?v=UyW9AjplDfY

>what are you expecting from the notes?
Something different from each - but overall I'm hoping for proven strategies and tactics that will allow me to succeed in my professional endeavors

>i don't expect much right away. it's an investment in yourself, building a toolkit to use for efficiencies sake.
It's been a year and 50,000 words output for no return. I've been a paragon of patience and persistence. Fuck this.

>say you have a marketing problem you open up your binder of your favorite marketing books and the journal notes from them. you review it, you think, you read more, you write a bit yourself brainstorming, etc.
My marketing problem is that I don't know what my marketing objectives should be.

btw. the only useful part of that video was at the very end where he says that he thinks about what he read during the day. I don't really give a damn about speed reading, I don't need to outsource my summarizing and retyping to the Philippines or India at this point. I need to learn how to APPLY information, not accumulate and internalize it.

bump

Ehhh one more bump.
Knowledge isn't power - gossip is power.

what's your industry?

>most books are fluff and profficient readers will skim. for example if i download a new pdf, i dont read it all i skim it and read the sections that will be valuable to me in my current position, which will help my current systems
This is good advice that people get weird about. I've skimmed some philosophers too. I skimmed kant as much of his stuff is disproved by modern science but his other stuff is essential to understanding the guys that follow him. So I skipped over a lot of the other stuff.

fool

tai lopez is a scammer my dude

Prove me wrong.

Pre Suasion by Cialdini, Poetics by Aristotle and the Bible. Thats pretty much all you need to be successful.