What is your country variation of rice and beans? in italy we have panissa...

what is your country variation of rice and beans? in italy we have panissa, a risotto (usually arborio/carnaroli) with borlotti beans, salam d'la duja (a salami cured covered in lard) and lardo (which is not english lard, it's like a very very fat bacon)

Attached: sc-food-1017-risotto-20141013.jpg (1978x2048, 760K)

in brazil we have rice and beans

interesting, which bean/rice type?

mämmi

Attached: mammi sauna.jpg (796x827, 150K)

Red beans and rice, from Louisiana creole cuisine. Basically kidney beans simmered with onion, green bell pepper, celery, and some kind of pork product (e.g. sausage, ham hock, bones) then served over white rice.

I'm curious if non-Americans have heard of this.

yes, it's pretty well-know amongst people interested in cuisine, otherwhise prople here don't know what creole cuisine even is

white rice and red beans, tho in some region black beans

Creole cuisine is hyped a lot in certain popular medias like VICE

C'est bon, baw

Attached: 4564047.jpg (720x405, 66K)

That's because it's the only food worth seeking out in the US. And my state desperately needs tourist money (pls come it's tax free with a foreign ID).

What on earth that's mad, all VAT?

do some other country make rice and peas (risi e bisi)? my mum always made this when i was sick as a chils

Attached: risi-e-bisi-horiz-b-1400.jpg (1400x933, 152K)

If you say 'rice and peas' to a brit it will actually mean rice and beans. For some reason Jamaicans call beans peas, and a mix of rice and beans is their usual side dish with meat. Caribbean food is relatively common here

If you go to the boardwalk or mall in Shreveport, Louisiana it's tax free but outside it's taxed. You'll hardly notice though since it's one of the cheapest states to visit.

Attached: sekihan.jpg (800x800, 623K)

Macarylls and ketchup

Attached: 20130215_141016_12.jpg (1600x1200, 281K)

SMALL
GOOK
BEANZ
:DD

Well that would be nice, hate the yank habit of not including tax in prices. I have wanted to go there desu, the south definitely seems like the most interesting bit of the US to me

probably beans on toast

that pasta doesn't even look it's made from durum wheat, it looks like those gluten-free rice pasta ""celiacs"" eat

Attached: pasta-e-fagioli.jpg (640x480, 119K)

Should be something like this, arroz con judias pintas, it's something to eat at home not for restaurants

Attached: judías-pintas-con-arroz.jpg (1500x1000, 201K)

the thing on the side is a very thin flatbread

Attached: lapskaus.jpg (1000x667, 100K)