How true is the stereotype that British people love tea?

How true is the stereotype that British people love tea?

Attached: cup-and-cake-download.jpg (1698x1131, 1.52M)

Very

Pretty true, but only ever in a private setting. Most people drink coffee in public.

I love tea, most of my co-workers do. I only know 1 person who dislikes tea. She still likes green tea.

if you want to be a british citizen they test you on how well you make a cup of tea lol

That's kind of interesting. Can you explain that at all?

Do you lose your status as a bong if you drink your tea plain without any additives?

Combination of costa and starbucks from you guys along with the general trend from the continent has made coffee more popular on the highstreet. I guess that it's quicker is helpful too, along with the energy meme.

Tea is still really prevalent in a home setting, tho. Like, it is required etiquette to offer people a cuppa when you have guests over and my workplace has a regular tea round every half hour or so. Tea rooms for a public setting exist, but they're seen more as upper class thing and are dying out.

Speaking entirely out my ass, I'd say people view coffee as something you drink when you're on the move and tea is something you drink if you're going to be in one place for a while.

Yes, milk is mandatory

How does one get into drinking tea? What kind of tea do I start with?

it's pretty true. I generally have at least 5 cups a day

Twinings English Breakfast Tea or Tetley's

I'm fond of chai and darjeeling, myself. Earl Grey with lemon is also great. Most everybody in the UK drinks English Breakfast, to the point it's what most people think of as tea, but they have to add milk and sugar to it because otherwise it's just a really strong, bitter taste. Which is a bit like adding ketchup to every meal -- if you're overpowering the natural taste, then what's the point?

Get a ball infuser and some loose leaf tea -- you get the convenience of a teabag with the actual taste that loose leaf gives you.

There's a regular tea thread on /ck/ if you want to know more.

>tealets

Attached: TeaConsumption.png (819x460, 29K)

Is it specifically English people, or does everyone over there love tea?

>wikipedia

yikes.

>Most everybody in the UK drinks English Breakfast, to the point it's what most people think of as tea, but they have to add milk and sugar to it because otherwise it's just a really strong, bitter taste.
This is exactly why I like English Breakfast. It has body. I'm primarily a coffee drinker though so I guess strong is my thing.

I always drink coffee black so maybe I would like English Breakfast?

Yeah I drink mine black too and yes, I think that if thick and bitter is something you enjoy, you should def give that tea a try.

Attached: 1476991967785.gif (393x379, 84K)

Wow and Turks also drink a lot of coffee too, don't they? Or is the Turkish coffee sometimes seen here in America just a meme?

>Most everybody in the UK drinks English Breakfast, to the point it's what most people think of as tea, but they have to add milk and sugar to it because otherwise it's just a really strong, bitter taste.

I disagree, it's really not that strong or bitter. Can vouch for loose leaf though, I do that at home. Been drinking pic related lately. Some Chinese Oolong i copped from the chinese supermarket too

t. brit

Attached: cardamom_20-count_product_400x448[1].png (350x392, 143K)

Pretty much the whole of GB does

very
youre obligated to offer people a cup of tea when they visit your house.
even when you have builders or repairmen around to fix something in your house it's like really rude if you don't keep offering them cups of tea while they're working

>this kills the anglo

Attached: 1542083555319.jpg (634x436, 51K)

yep true. i didn't even like tea but started drinking because you're offered it so much. best decision of my life

this sounds heavenly and very polite

brits sound friendlier than canadians

Attached: D084C742-5BE6-42C6-BC10-6AD4AB04025D.jpg (750x553, 244K)

That sounds like a really annoying custom to be bound to.

A mild green one like Gyokuro. Expensive as fuck though (starts at about €20/100g), but it doesn't have the bitterness of others, especially black ones

I think even an average green tea would make a good first, honestly.

to be friendly to people and offer them tea? yeah what a fucking put out

Regular Chinese gunpowder takes some getting used to desu, quite bitter even for a black coffee drinker

What if you don't want to have tea on the stove every moment of every day?

>on the stove

Attached: bradley-walsh-1493116385-herowidev4-0.png (618x298, 265K)

lmao

leccy kettle mate

>not one for every waking hour
fuckwit

Oh.......right.

AY UP PLONKER ALERT

Attached: basil_major.png (1402x1080, 1.23M)

They love shitty tea and prepare it horrendously badly

Ni hao, Zhang.

Asians also butcher it

What country's tea do you like then?

Hello Mr.Patel

Not buying bags, not steeping it for a fucking hour and not using boiling water. It's not hard

stfu

Don't be mad because you're doing simple things wrong

Pretty true
I drink about 3 cups a day, my mother who came out here drinks around about the same but with 2 extra strong black tea bags with little milk.

People here drink tea sometimes outside but Australia's also has a bretty good coffee culture, your starbucks didn't go well here because the coffees you served were in our own words "too sweet and too shit".

What's tea drinking like in your cunt?

I'd say it's true, but not actually specific to the UK. Met so many people from other countries that are either more or equally obsessed with it

Russians love tea even more.

Reminder that Britain literally got the Chinese hooked on smack and started two wars to meet our never-ending thirst for tea

That's pretty Chad, knowing how to get what you want like that.

Do Bongs really drink tea before bed?

Attached: Vruj2I4.png (296x249, 23K)

I also want to know this. I drink coffee daily but rarely later than noon.

Nah generally you'll have a morning cup, several throughout the working day and then one (or two) when you get home. Rare to have one after your evening meal but if you do it won't be any later than 8ish.

I'm sure some people have some later but it's not that usual

No that's silly
I've had chamomile before going to bed sometimes though

is russian caravan something you cunts actually drink?

yes, but usually with desert or after some dinners
-pom family

>russian caravan
What is that? We drink black tea mostly.

fuck having tea out because its just a 2c bag in water. It's not comparable to coffee because there isn't that much caffine so you just drink it throughout the day as much as you feel like

Tea consumption per capita in the current and former Commonwealth Dominions and USA
2.) Ireland 2.19kg/4.82lbs
3.) UK 1.94kg/4.28lbs
6.) New Zealand 1.19kg/2.63lbs
11.) South Africa .81kg/1.79lbs
13.) Australia .75kg/1.65lbs
20.) Canada .5kg/1.12lbs
34.) United States .22kg/.5lbs

So on average Brits consume almost 9 times as much tea as Americans

Attached: images.jpg (225x225, 19K)

Pretty sure the only reason it isn't a lot more than nine times as much is that the deep south chugs an insane amount of iced tea.

Virtually everyone I know drinks tea if they are offered it, and I make tea for me and my friends when we are passing time. That being said, not everyone is like this, and I know very few "tea drinkers" (instead of, say, coffee drinkers)

That's the only problem with Serbia. Beautiful cunt, greatest people. But nobody drinks tea, literally nobody. Everyone drinks coffee. To buy some tea is a challenge.

>he doesn't drink a whole pot of coffee before bed
lmao caffeinelets

Lol I really don't know how you do it.

I used to drink 1 or 2 cups of earl grey, no milk, no sugar, every day but i prefer instant coffee with milk and no sugar now, about 2 a day

It really isn't good. I drink too much desu and now I have headaches when I don't drink a couple pots a day.