How can people live in suburbs?

how can people live in suburbs?
like what is there to do all day?

pic related, my neighborhood.

Attached: ptt.jpg (2560x1414, 1.11M)

I live in suburbs. It’s not bad. It’s quiet. I spend all of my free time playing video games anyways

how can people living here for example legit not go insane?

Attached: suburb.jpg (3467x2600, 910K)

I just chill in my house, playing vidya, listening to music or cooking. occasionally go for a walk or to a cafe with friends.
I have a soccer pitch, basketball court and bus stop within 2 mins walking distance so I'm pretty content if I ever want to play sport

I’d rather that than live in a tiny downtown flat. Suburbs are quiet and peaceful. It’s not crowded either

>euros think this is every suburb
this has to be bait, I doubt anyone on this board lives in a place like that

dats china

God I wish I lived there

You guys would all throw up if you saw the shithole Los Angeles neighborhood I lived in, its probably among the worst of all Americans on Jow Forums

>tiny
my apartment is not tiny, most apartments are not.

>it's quiet
because there's nothing to do or?

bost bic

>not one shop or neighborhood bar
>not one public service
>no public transport
>no leisure or sports structure
>not even a church

where are humans supposed to be meeting each other and form community bonds in this scenario? help me understand the philosphy of suburbia

Attached: CKMwJsc.jpg (923x731, 901K)

>because there is nothing to do or?
Because there aren’t cars honking, ambulance sirens every 5 minutes. I stayed in an apartment with a French girl before who lived in downtown Le Harve. The walls of her apartment were thin af and you could hear her neighbors too.

>manages to make a thriving community in the middle of the desert
based

I can hear my neighbors too sometimes because they are old and deaf and scream sometimes, but it's like so faint I can barely make out words, it's not so bad.

>cars honking, ambulance sirens
proper windows prevent that, and you get to live within human civilization.

What if people move to suburbs because they want to be left alone?

also. It’s not uncommon for suburb communities to host internal events called Block Parties. That happens where I live but I never go to them

But I interact with humans at my job. What’s so bad about me wanting to be alone and play video games when i’m not working?

You live in a legitimately cool place, pastabro.

did you ever go to the massage parlor

I live in a suburb actually, though it's a lot different from American ones.

Attached: 153.jpg (1200x800, 233K)

This is my suburb. There are schools, a big park, and a shopping and dinning center. There are also 3 public swimming pools but not visible in this picture

Attached: 95926C60-3DA6-446A-94C8-F78D934A0E6D.jpg (1534x1856, 3.19M)

>what is a car?

Attached: mumki.jpg (564x752, 42K)

>thriving
uhh, maybe economically speaking.

pretty sure we evolved as a species becuse people are naturally inclined to form cooperative communities.

>at my job
how can you stand that? I hated most of my coworkers at every job I had.

Attached: Markham-suburbs_aerial-edit2.jpg (2000x1490, 1.02M)

that looks like an american suburb without the ordnung

Suburbs are concentration camps for white people

I like it too it's comfy despite the "city" look.

how long does it take you to walk there?
I lived one year in the US as an exchange student and I swear I wanted to kill myself not having a car.
one day I walked home from school, which was two streets away and very close by american standards and it took me an hour.

went there once because I was drunk with my best friend and he bought me a shanghai massage for my birthday.
it's sketchy as fuck from outside but inside it's rather nice.

Attached: P1070734ccc.jpg (1600x1081, 569K)

>durr i need physical stimuli in order to feel satisfied

Fucking normie faggot.

Attached: 1455969039252.jpg (251x242, 11K)

>it's sketchy as fuck
did it feel like at any moment 4 chinese mobsters would come in and harvest your kidneys
I once went to a thai place but i felt too paranoid to relax

I don’t know. I drive. Why should I carry a bunch of bags of groceries all the way home, especially things like milk on a hot day?

If Uber existed when you were here you should have used that

there were only women inside but it definitely gave off that "illegal mahjong gamble room in the back" vibe, but I could relax because I was hammered.
would get """"massaged"""" again by that lady though.

>I drive for groceries and everything else
literally cannot wrap my head around this concept, you're a slave to cars.

i live near the centre of my city and in a subrurb. Also next to a park.
Those suburbs you see which are nothing but uniform houses 10 min on a highway from anything are the equivalent cheap commie blocks on the edge of a city

I grew up in the suburbs. It was built in the early 20th century, so the houses weren't cookie-cutter and it was designed with cars in mind. It bordered the city, so it felt more like a nice neighborhood in the city with good schools than its own distinct community.

What is the issue? Driving in the US is not as shitty as driving in Italy. I rented a car in your country before and it really sucked driving there

I never got in an accident in my life btw but let's not start bringing up unrelated stuff.
You literally can't go anywhere without a car, there's no communal spaces, humans live like recluses in their own house inside their isolated community, how can you feel alive in such a setting?
I much prefer to be able to go down my stairs and have everything within walking distance.
the dudes from the Ethnic shop have become my friends and so did the guys who ran the pizza shop and the lady who serves me coffee in the morning, it feels like community.
plus I don't have to find parking and pay insurance for my car or literally neck myself if it ever breaks down.

Attached: 58f8d6b42600001700c46bc3.jpg (800x600, 213K)

OP you live in a shithole, this is what peak urbanism is like

Attached: home.png (1319x869, 2.57M)

>humans live like recluses in their own house inside their isolated community, how can you feel alive in such a setting?
But I like this. I just want to play vidya.

There is communal places though. Called Town Centers. They are full of people on Friday nights.

also interested in hearing the opinion of americans or australians who lived in both a city and the suburbs, which one is better?

yikes

Attached: Boston-MA-Street-Corner-Building.jpg (1140x610, 800K)

>yikes

Attached: 1528625773246.png (1291x925, 2.08M)

>soyposting
yikes

feels a bit artifical 2bh, also what's the deal with these kind of spaghetti suburbs? what's the utility?

Attached: uxu8h5drwca11.jpg (1920x1080, 1.01M)

wow it's almost like people prefer different things.....woah

I lived temporarily with a friend who had a downtown apartment in Washington DC. He didn’t own a car because he took the metro everywhere. It was extremely expensive to live there. The streets were always packed with people. Homeless people sitting on side walks. The smell of shit in the air occasionally. crowded metros during rush hour. Yeah, he lived less than a 2 min walk from a big bar district and good restaurants. But I don’t do that shit anyways.

corners prevent people from speeding, it's why (when it's possible) here before roundabouts there are small corners

They were designed like that to break up the monatomy of having repeating and continuous rows

I've been to Washington DC and it felt so much more familiar than that god forsaken suburb I lived in in Michigan (pic for reference), never smelled shit in the streets and I felt like I was a person again, people were walking and interacting and I could see life taking place around.
that was in May of that year, after going back to the suburb I almost had a nervous breakdown and wanted to go back to Italy so bad.
not saying the US sucks, it's just the suburban life that is utter misery.
like it's not even private, people watch you, one time I smoked a sigarette on the porch and someone told my host family and I got in trouble for it, neighborhood watch is insane.

Attached: Schermata 2019-01-09 alle 13.12.57.jpg (2362x1330, 1.2M)

I've lived in both city and suburbs.
City is better if you get a calm place.

But still both are shit compared to the countryside, where I'm from, fucking depressed atm

Well you just had shitty neighbors then. Mine never speak to me. Never been a single issue ever.

they never spoke to me either, that's the problem.

Attached: crtl+c ctrl+v motherfucker.png (2536x1344, 3.7M)

That doesn’t look too bad. The thin about suburbs, they are intended for families. In the US, people don’t want to raise families in apartments. They want to have a house, and a yard for their kids and pets. As a single person living in a suburb you are out of place.

fuck that looks dope

yeah having a backyard is nice, but for me it's either have my kids grow up in the city or in the countryside, I don't want them to grow up with that backstabbing NPC suburban mentality.

countriside is also nice I agree, I spend quite a lot of time in a house surrounded by woods and I love it for the first days, then I inevitably want to get up to some mischief and I miss the city.

that really wasn't, it felt like a creepy simulation.
plus I was stuck there unless my host family drove around or some friend came to pick me up.
to smoke a cigarette or a joint by myself I had to go to the fucking woods half a km away.

The vast majority of suburbs are not like that.
It's nice. You have your own yard, plenty of vegetation, very little traffic, plenty of space. You have your own little corner of the world.

I was baiting with that first post, it's China.

It’s not like that everywhere. I just took this picture for you, it is probably hard to see, but in that green space there are benches, grills for cook outs, and a playground (just out of view in the picture) for kids. Every weekend there are families out there socializing and all of their kids going wild on the playground. Our community even has an organized swimming team which competes in the summer against other communities in the area.

Attached: DD50742C-995A-4D31-92AF-5040DBBF8268.jpg (1827x1352, 654K)

>countryside
But then you will have to drive a car to go anywhere. You won’t have any restaurants, bars or anything to do close by

that's nice, looks more "compressed" than other suburbs though, like a more tightly knit little community.
>benches, grills for cook outs, and a playground (just out of view in the picture) for kids.
there was nothing like that where I stayed despite it being somewhat upper middle class.

yeah that's why I would miss the city I guess, on the other hand you are living inside nature so it's by default way nicer than a blob of houses that never ends and that have nothing cool in between.
also here most townships have rural bus routes so you can hop on one and go to the center.

pic related, the country house where I spend a lot of time.

Attached: sss.jpg (2438x1358, 1.11M)

Well it’s a townhouse community. So it is more compressed. But at least it’s still quiet and not like the city

Suburbs are nice, I like American suburbs, not the ones plopped down in the desert though.