Social interactions with Finns thread

post your best stories

Attached: aB8xP2P_700b.jpg (700x525, 30K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=G8ECtWSeg3Q
youtube.com/watch?v=kks0sTtWFoI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

we are humans just like you
stop bullying us
those comics were made by a racist swede who hates finns

this is so cringe

autistic people are the ubermensch
papa varg told me so

Based Swede.

>One of my best friends from school was Finnish
>He was pretty shy at first, but then he started getting used to life in oz
>His family were still very Finnish
>Go over to his house for a sleepover for the first time
>excited.jpg
>say Hi to the parents coming in, they just sort of nod
>spend most of the time inside his room playing PS2
>Eventually it's time for dinner
>Go down and see the mean beautifully laid out, say thank you, his mum just sorta mumbles a reply avoiding eye contact
>We get digging in
>Complete silence
>Try to start a conversation about 2 times, get empty "please don't do this" stares from family, and just sort of make it worse by stopping and starting.
>Sit silently for the rest of the meal

Why do this? It just makes your dinners stiff and intense in the wrong sense.

I can't be bothered proof reading it so sorry for any mistakes

>anti social
literal cavemen

What are you, an NPC?

They're ok people they're just not confident talking to people, or at least people they don't know quite well

Attached: finnish-nightmares-introvert-comics-karoliina-korhonen-34-57cff9458ce08__700.jpg (700x660, 49K)

cringe comic

how so?

fuck i'm literally a finn

cringe posts

What would happen if I tried to cheek kiss a finnish person ?

Attached: ours.jpg (1170x1321, 183K)

Cringe

Not really. It is rude to bother someone with useless small talk.

I'm a Northener so I've had hundreds of interactions with Finns. They all seemed pretty normal.

why can't anglos shut the fuck up?
you are like faulty cd players that never stop

cringe all you want frog man, you're not forced to read these

Attached: finnish-nightmares-introvert-comics-karoliina-korhonen-33-57cff9440ec4f__700.jpg (700x520, 45K)

Average people seem quite similar everywhere you go. It's the small differences that matter and cause the stereotypes.

This.

it'd be funny

Attached: Finnish+Nightmares+Postcard+-+Nice+to+meet+you,+Matti!-4267.jpg (1024x682, 176K)

crinfe

he'd puukko you to death

Yep. Finns don't seem different to other Nordics to me in terms of shyness.

What if I tried to cheek kiss an australian girl (female) ?

some Southern Europeans who come over do that and we don't mind, it's a little bit awkward because it's not something we do.

I'd accept with open arms it if it was from a cute guy tbqh

It feels like these comics were drawing not only about Finland but also about half of the planet. About Russia so accurately.
What a funny coincidence.

How do australian boys and girls greet each other? Handshake? I wish it was the case here...

Is smiling and saying hi to people you meet down the street in your suburb okay? y/n

Silence is comfy, not awkward. If I don't feel like talking it's really annoying if someone is trying to make conversation, and even more so if it's meaningless small talk. I'm basically a walking stereotype, or at least used to be, I'm doing my best at opening up a bit, because I have so many foreign friends

I tried it once, I mean i didn't even think about it, thats's just how we say hi (we argies sey hi with kiss on the cheek between man, like a cheek-cheek contact, no lip contact with the cheeks, that'd be gay) it was probably one of the most awkward moment i ever lived, he moved his face away and after a few second of extreme awkwardness I just continued walking. never talked again.

I would cheek kiss you because I respect australians (no homo)

boy to boy - hand shake always
girl to girl - a kiss on the cheek if they're family / close friends, hand shake or hug otherwise depending on who it is
girl to boy - a hug or a handshake, kiss on the cheek if it's family

be glad he didn't kick your teeth in you gay fuck
i surely would have done that

Man to man = shake hands (except the bloody southerners who kiss)

Man to woman = kiss

Woman to woman = kiss

quite gay, we do it with opposite sex but with men? handshake is ok, or a hug if really close friend

back when i was a stupid loser i would walk around the city selling drugs to tourists at a larger price. best profit i ever made was off some french guys hehe

anyway, this one time i tried to sell this finnish guy acid. he didnt realise it costs more than 5 fuckin euro here, what a dickhead. anyway i asked him what perkele meant and he looked like he was about to fuckin cry as he explained it was comparable to hell or something. he then got stopped by the police a short while later as i was on my way out and waved at me as obviously possible, and both these police officers stared at me like what the fuck

he seemed fairly happy but i suppose he was also a hippy, had a shaved head and a beard but looked like a hippy for some reason i cant exactly remember

Wtf those comics are drawn by a Finn. Her name is Karoliina Korhonen.

I see.
Here, it's boys to boys => handshake (I think kisses on the cheek are allowed if you're close friend or relatives), girls to girls => kisses on the cheek (and possibly hug?) and boys to girls => kisses on the cheek (unless you want to greet your female boss, I guess)
I wish I could kiss people on the cheek like normal people

kek, he shouldn't have come here if he didn't want to have cheek to cheek contat with another man, it was his fault, not mine
he probably lived that situation more than once during his stay

>except the bloody southerners who kiss
gay

i thought you did it too

No. If you live in an apartment building you don't say hi even to your neighbours, or that's the case at least in bigger cities

Perkele means the devil. Originally god of thunder, but when christianity came her the meaning changed

Imagining interacting with outgoing, upwardly mobile surferboys in australia makes me anxious.

does it normally make finns want to fuckin cry? is it that scary? or was this guy some pagan and he genuinely feared perkele?

Merci beaucoup. :)
Moi aussi, je te respecte les français beaucoup

One time I was in a camping spot in Croatia.
Some of my belongings ended up in the space behind mine, and when the (very handsome) finnish man who occupied it saw it he threw a bitch fit saying in broken english: "what is this?! What is this?! This is my space and you do this?! What is this!!!", urging me to pick up my items.
I just stood up and collected the few things that ended up in his space without saying a single word, I just glanced at his girlfriend with the most annoyed look a man could possibly have and she shrugged.
After that I never saw them again, they literally only used the spot to park their car.
Literally the most autistic people on earth.

Attached: 1529365775597.jpg (598x415, 60K)

I live in the biggest city so obviously not in the streets but I greet my neighbors in the stairway

I resent to be called med but I am southern european, this is how it usually goes, sometimes tou do two kisses and the kiss on the cheek extends to family friends or closer friends with not zoomer adults.
t. zoomer 18yo ""adult""

Why would you want to touch or exchange saliva with someone you don't know, fucking disgusting

Attached: 1409398505313.jpg (500x375, 43K)

>things that didn't happen

It happened last year.

>How are you?
>The right answer is "I'm fine".

I once told one murican guy how I really was and he got scared and anxious. Didn't even say anything that bad. Something like "Oh it's winter so I'm tired all the time and cant sleep very well but Christmas was fine.... Bla bla"

If finn asks you how are you doing, it's an honest question.

>smalltalk
>smiling all the time
>greeting strangers

Attached: henkilökohtaisen tilan mallintaja.jpg (400x268, 71K)

No, I think he was just somehow fucked in the head
youtube.com/watch?v=G8ECtWSeg3Q

>not even your neighbours
how do you know what's going on in your little slice of the community? How do fend off crime and solve other issues by helping your neighbour and your neighbour you? What if you have a cat / dog that needs taken care of due to an emergency?
it sounds cold

>Staying in a country town near the coast in QLD for a month
>Men don't wear shirts for weeks on end in the summer, women very little too
>People go up to whoever and just start having conversations with strangers about everything and anything under the sun
>very strong bogan accent
that's what I've heard from family at least

you sound nice, is it reciprocated?

Attached: nightmare9.png (660x520, 38K)

Can you guys stop?

he's the actual autist
unless you shower him with a 10 mins monologue about your cancer dying mom or your ex that cheated on you with a nigger it's ok (if not mandatory) to whine a bit
the "fine thanks" is for strangers that you dont like at all, so that even small chit chat would prove too tiresome

>No. If you live in an apartment building you don't say hi even to your neighbours, or that's the case at least in bigger cities

LMAO not true. I greet with my neighbours all the time when I meet them in the staircase.

what the fuck is with that guys teeth

dentures

>Hi, how are you? (Hi, I can't be bothered thinking of anything to talk about, how are you?)
>I'm fine, you? (Hi, my dog died and I'm sad but I'm coping, you?)
>Fine, thanks. (Going through a divorce and it's tearing me apart, thanks.)

there's definitely a time and place for it but the finnish way of responding is better imo

Attached: 0faf4b47147441b79ce8abafe3854c06.jpg (1240x921, 63K)

>is it reciprocated?

They greet me back but that's it. Should I expect something more? It's not a community as such, we just share the same building and recognize each others existence

I've lived in five different buildings in four cities and only in one we did that with couple of people. But I've also lived in couple of row houses and in those it was completely different, got to really know the neighbours

you guys are cute though

>this chad of a man shows up and starts giving you a hug, what do you do
youtube.com/watch?v=kks0sTtWFoI

nah only as much as you're comfortable with getting close to man, it's different where I live because it's houses next to each other, rather than apartments.

Dunno whether it'd work there but over here in my family we'd just bake some brownies or cake for the neighbours before greeting them. Some nice easy going food you put the time and effort into making. Either get to know them a little bit more then or later.

wait, I always try to think of a hollow up to that answer or else the conversation just dies. What do americans do after saying "I'm fine"? Awkward silence?

whining about cold and being tired is pretty standard, also depends on the level of intimacy

>levels of intimacy
fairo

wouldn't it be fun for a day just hearing the real deal with these sorts of questions? even stuff like "do you think I'm beautiful / handsome", go straight to the real nitty gritty shit

haha wow im so socially awkward and shy hahaha im so finnish !!

not sure about that, but men often find a bond in sharing their hardship
i whine about the jew mechanic that ripped me 500 euros and the car still sucks while you whine that you have to go to a nightmare dinner to your gf's parents house with all the relatives
as long as it's kept with the right degree of banter it really helps the small talk
being straight with talk is fine, but the life from honest to rude is thin, not sure how the "how beautiful i am" question would end if you are an uggo

I would tongue kiss you because I respect australians (turbo homo)

based af

dude so relatable omg

I live in Pori and I never greet my neighbors. They don't greet me either.

if you're not a cute girl stay away from me

Had a chat with a couple of blue-collar Finns by a pool (not gay) about sauna and local food. One of them was definitely less outgoing but the other guy was perfectly cordial and pleasant to talk to.

My other Finn experience was in Chiang Mai (not pedo). Went to a nice rooftop bar alone and saw a Finnish software developer who was alone after his Thai date went away for a long time. He'd probably be a little spergy if not for the alcohol but we had a great conversation about women. Turns out his Thai date was a married former colleague whom he wanted to bang for the longest time.

They're not quite as autistic as the stereotype goes.

NOT IF I BASED AF YOU FIRST

>add finnish guy on steam
>we play with voicechat, hes a little wierd but i assume thats just his character when hes trying to be funny
>add another finnish guy
>realize they are all like this
>realize they can't show affection and they are all clueless in conversations
>realize this is basically an entire nation of people that dont know how to interact with other people

Attached: 1446500258977.jpg (184x184, 9K)

I smile at foreigners because I don't trust them.