So my auntie and her boyfriend came to our house today...

so my auntie and her boyfriend came to our house today. they know i do programming and her boyfriend was actually quite interested. anyway, he asked me what i was working on and i said "smart contracts on eos" thinking that he would then ask me what that is and the conversation would go on. but to my suprise... he said "oh, I know what that is".

hang on. i should probably write this whole thing out in greentext. let me switch the format.

>him: oh i know what that is
>shocked.jpg
>really?
>yes user i hold a few cryptocurrencies. neo, ethereum and bitcoin
>wtf.png

Keep in mind this is the first time i met the guy but he seems tier 1 normie. says he bought A LOT of bitcoin options november and sold most in december but kept on hodling some coins.

anyway, today was the first time it really hit me that bitcoin and crypto had really gone mainstream in 2017 and that we may actually never get to those levels again. everyone who would have bought in, has already bought in. he is an insurance broker btw.

>t. an user who bought his first buttcoin in 2015

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-06-22 at 02.07.22.png (514x308, 34K)

I'm def bullshit on BTC.

Dunno about EOS man, I think you may be wasting your time.

Dev here also, working on a cryptogame - started off with ETH, but actually migrating to ETC.

Not saying EOS is total garbage, but I'd wait about another 8 months for it to mature. Too many breaking changes.

Your frame of reference is small and you're confirming your bias based on one interaction.

Normies still think Bitcoin is snake oil beanie baby tulips. In their eyes they were right all along every time they hear about BTC crash, not even realizing it is up 1000%+ from the first time they probably heard about Bitcoin. It makes them feel better for not getting involved.

When even stupid boomers like warren buffet are buying into crypto then it is over.

i like it because i can write smart contracts in c++. also, solidity is quite annoying in that it doesnt support floating points. why are you swicthing to ETC btw?

Is 1 guy visiting OPs basement really a big enough sample size?

cool story bro.

>now back to redit

>Solidity doesn't do FP maths
FFS, really? I did not know this. What a pain in the ass.

Attached: 1514581737353.jpg (641x530, 36K)

its retarded. to get around it you have to multiply everything by like 100 and then when you do division you can get a more accurate answer. but division is still like (int)1.3/(int)1.6 == 1

Bitcoins are tulips though.

Yea, don't get me wrong, I follow EOS VERY closely. I'm keeping tabs on it, and I'm actually very excited to start working with it next year.

I started playing with the EVM and whatnot last year, and I really dug it, but I'm choosing ETC for a more political reason when the dev tools mature a bit. I don't think ETH can scale, I think Vitalik is trying to squeeze too many things into it, and I am I bit of purist and would rather play via pre-DAO.

But taking a break at the moment and mainly working on my arbitrage bot (nodejs/REDIS). REDIS is a great key/value store for set operations when dealing with realtime data and analysis I've found - you can also run set operations and messaging. Love me some REDIS for this stuff.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-06-22 at 5.02.10 PM.png (1084x627, 235K)

even EOS holders don't know what EOS smart contracts are, this guy is far from normie/mainstream tier

im all in link and i dont know how smart contracts work lol

Smart contracts are old news.
The new hotness is secure real-world oracles that are tamper proof.

RE: Auto insurance. Mechanics for example have locked down oracles that remotely verifiy collision data and share photos and what not. When all oracles verify the smart contract automatically releases the policy funds to the holder.

Oracles are where it's at, but very very few companies have working prototypes.

exactly, OP is nocoiner slinging bullshit

There are 2 companies working on this, BTW. If you can find them you'll make it, easy ;)

what the actual fuck. this is literally the exact same thing that he said. when i asked him why he bought eth and neo he said because he thinks it will revolutionise the way in which insurance is done. i.e. you can have oracles within smart phones etc. that feed trustless data to be analysed so that they can calculate rates accordingly and more accurately.

Yep. $$$$$$$$

Companies and policy-holders will want this because of the transparency and reduction in fraud. Fraud can easily be identified when oracles report they have been physically compromised (tampered with).

>he is an insurance broker

Aren't those guys like looking for edge in trading or gains 24/7? He may be normie in a sense he doesn't like degenerate animu, but definitely not wrt to money, investment, speculation.

>smart contracts

Attached: 1510702219984.png (404x274, 246K)

A hint pls sir for my familee

this is the worst thread ive read all day.

log off

nothing to be confused about op
insurance brokers are literall boiler-room pajeets who do weid sidethings for money all the time
be it used-car sales or forex

does this mean link really is a good investment?

No. Sorry. Unless there is an existing oracle prototype I'm unaware of running via Link.

WORKING prototypes.

congratz, you're six months late to the party

>says he bought A LOT of bitcoin options november
nice larp. futures arent options and were only available to accredited investors of which i doubt your family is.

well i dont see why he would have a reason to lie to me... pretty sure you can trade options on deribit anyway

>OP finds 1 person who bought crypto thinks crypto is mainstream
>OP thinks a global market cap of less than 1 trillion means mainstream

I'm sorry OP but there's a very high propability that you won't make it.

>less than %1 of the total population was in crypto at the height of the december bull run

let that sink in for a moment

Attached: 1519119580345.png (810x793, 576K)

this is such a bullshit statistic. coinbase has 13 million account registries on it alone. binance alone does nearly 10x the volume of gdax during the bubble.

1% of the global pop is 73 million. 13 million on Coinbase. 9 on binance. Around 2 on Bitfinex. Assuming these are all unique users (THEY'RE NOT), where are the other 50 million? What even is your point user?

Attached: brain do.png (645x729, 82K)

It's only mainstream in South Korea and Japan maybe. If you honestly think it's over 1% anywhere else than Asia you might be slightly retarded bro.

yeah if tulips could be chained around the world to magically control the thoughts and actions of every sentient being on earth

user why do you migrate to etc?