HAIL HOLO

Since Sky and EOS have literally committed suicide on themselves, I think it's time for daddy Holo to show you fuckin peasants what 'decentralized' really means.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-06-22 at 5.44.02 PM.png (887x852, 548K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aYiKrddu7BE
youtube.com/watch?v=hyCtYrHJebs
holo.host/whitepapers/
indiegogo.com/projects/holo-take-back-the-internet-shared-p2p-hosting-community#/
github.com/Holochain/holochain-proto/wiki/FAQ
medium.com/h-o-l-o/holo-the-evolution-of-cloud-computing-57a0a281b88b
medium.com/h-o-l-o/holos-erc20-token-hot-and-mutual-credit-cryptocurrency-holo-fuel-6d8b6d3938d6
medium.com/holochain/holochain-reinventing-applications-d2ac1e4f25ef
blockonomi.com/holochain-guide/
steemit.com/crypto/@elysium-renegade/an-extensive-review-of-holochain-a-different-kind-of-cryptobeast
hackernoon.com/wtf-is-holochain-35f9dd8e5908
cryptobriefing.com/holochain-code-review-and-distributed-computing-thoughts/
smartoptions.io/hodl-that-12-beam-me-up-holochain/
ouishare.net/article/fixing-the-internet-how-holochain-wants-to-change-the-way-we-interact
ouishare.net/article/holochain-the-beginnings-of-a-brave-new-internet-vol-ii
investinblockchain.com/holo-promether-partnership/
medium.com/juntolove/youre-an-individual-not-a-statistic-4e04408b3503
youtube.com/watch?v=iHn15fioMx0
youtube.com/watch?v=Ap7zAJS_-FI
youtube.com/watch?v=J1bKwUy1x1A
medium.com/holochain/hashgraph-vs-holochain-eb38d7dc1f8a
blog.p2pfoundation.net/what-is-holochain-and-why-does-it-matter/2018/02/15
imgur.com/a/1herUGK
thenextweb.com/hardfork/2018/02/15/anatomy-of-a-cryptocurrency-scam-in-the-wild/
thenextweb.com/hardfork/2018/03/08/exclusive-we-suspected-this-shady-cryptocurrency-project-was-a-scam-now-were-sure-of-it/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Sky's tech is still better than Holo's.

It'll be back soon.

What does it mean if I hold all 3?

Also >implying holo didnt also commit suicide

Its down 50% from a month ago you mong.

after a x10 pump
>chink scam

the same could also be said for both skycoin and eos. Both underwent at least a 10x pump.

I dont really understand this holo thing. If its totally decentralized and you dont need holo to use it and there is no accountability because each node is its own chain.... how is this different than a cloud server? How is this different from AWS?

thats my point, and we both know the post-ico pump is the actual massive one and that holo is currently in accumulation phase
things are already being built on holo, its not a hype coin like eos.
dyor, this project is not air like most of the others

It's actually not. Sky consensus algorithm is not even working. Verifications and confirmed by the developers. Devs control 90% of the supply. Skycoin is over.

no, you obviously don't understand. your questions don't even make sense.

it's different from AWS because AWS doesn't host holochain applications, and holochain applications can be anything from a distributed social network without a cryptocurrency (junto.love), to a market for agriculture, like producersmarket (either using it's own p2p currency, or using Holofuel as a currency). AWS can't do that shit.

>sour bagholder

aws can do that shit, what do you think facebook runs on?

and holo isnt decentralized. Each node runs their own chain, which means they can cheat, mint more money for themselves, double spend, whatever. No one keeps them honest. Without the rest of the network keeping an eye on everyone else, how is it different that a server really?

Why are 2 out of 3 turds crossed out?

the only project that can still make you rich

thanks for the dip today kind anons.

couldnt resist to buy 200 sky for 2.5 ETH. also bought 70 NEO for 5 ETH.

am I doing it right?? started just on the april dip, spent 2,5k on ETH.

and you all will cry when skycoin gets on cb. kek at erc tokens.

facebook is centralized and isn't a holochain application, retard

you haven't done any research on this, have you? read the comments in this video: youtube.com/watch?v=aYiKrddu7BE

Ive done more than you it seems. Facebook runs on giant centralized servers, same as a holochain application would. Each node is its own chain. Centralized.

This is starting to remind me of ARK. I would go on at length about why ark was mostly smoke and mirrors and would never be used by anyone, assuming they could even get it working. Arkies spammed unrelated links and called me a retard over and over just like you are doing now. Arkies are now down 90%. Have fun with your bags.

Dude, do you even know how hosting works? It's literally just data hosted on a PC connected to other PC's. Holo doesn't do anything special, AWS can be used to run similar apps as those you mentioned lol.. it's just fucking data you dumb nut, the revolutionary thing about Bitcoin and blockchain is the consensus mechanism that makes sure you don't have to trust anyone else, but Holo doesn't have that so it's just like fucking aws

wow... each node is it's own chain, therefore centralized? wtf does that even mean? that is how an agent-centric, fully distributed (i.e., the absolute most decentralized you can possibly get) system works.

What Holo does is host Holochain applications. These are fully distributed apps. Running distributed apps on a centralized hosting service doesn't make any sense.

Yes, blockchain has universal consensus, and the paradigm shift of Holochain is that they say you don't need universal consensus for most applications. Look at Junto.love and producersmarket, for example. They have figured out that their products work better on Holochain. Lots of others will soon follow.

I'm too afraid to look at the price today it's been 3 rough weeks...

You haven't even watched the most introductory video have you? You obviously haven't even grasped the basics yet.

youtube.com/watch?v=hyCtYrHJebs

holo.host/whitepapers/
indiegogo.com/projects/holo-take-back-the-internet-shared-p2p-hosting-community#/
github.com/Holochain/holochain-proto/wiki/FAQ
medium.com/h-o-l-o/holo-the-evolution-of-cloud-computing-57a0a281b88b
medium.com/h-o-l-o/holos-erc20-token-hot-and-mutual-credit-cryptocurrency-holo-fuel-6d8b6d3938d6
medium.com/holochain/holochain-reinventing-applications-d2ac1e4f25ef
blockonomi.com/holochain-guide/
steemit.com/crypto/@elysium-renegade/an-extensive-review-of-holochain-a-different-kind-of-cryptobeast
hackernoon.com/wtf-is-holochain-35f9dd8e5908
cryptobriefing.com/holochain-code-review-and-distributed-computing-thoughts/
smartoptions.io/hodl-that-12-beam-me-up-holochain/
ouishare.net/article/fixing-the-internet-how-holochain-wants-to-change-the-way-we-interact
ouishare.net/article/holochain-the-beginnings-of-a-brave-new-internet-vol-ii
investinblockchain.com/holo-promether-partnership/

Correct. Do you even know how blockchain works?

Yes, I do. Do you even know how Holochain works? You can't take your blockchain thinking and apply it to Holochain.

I'm actually curious, how exactly do you think Holochain functions? I get the sense that you don't really have a clear idea of what it is at all.

This is EXACTLY like ark. You idiots dont even know what the things you are linking even mean. Half the stuff in these videos is flat out wrong. Ark 2.0, im calling it now.

Then please, enlighten me, what does the video I linked mean? You seem to be so much smarter than me, I'd love for you to prove how stupid I am by explaining it to me.

What do you mean half the stuff in the video is wrong? It is a basic explanation of Holochain by one of the core devs. You think he doesn't understand how it works?

How does this shitcoin expect to break beyond the Dunbar Threshold? No mathematical evidence of your "chain" to be stable enough to survive conflict.

The devs say they don't need a consensus algorithm, well good luck, you won't solve any conflict never and all actors will compete to outfork each other again and again killing themselves in the process.

>decentralized

More like dead form the start.

Attached: holo.jpg (750x689, 66K)

How has EOS committed suicide? Are you referring to the emergency freeze orders? Cemtralized governance was always supposed to be a 'feature' of eos, so everyone in is happy.

Dunbar threshold applies to humans who are *keeping track of relationships in their own brains*. That's part of the point of having a distributed network that keeps track of things for you, to expand that capacity.

No, you don't need every fucking node in a network to agree to every change of data in every application. The application developors can decide what kind of censensus is appropriate to their application.

Junto.love is a social network, with NO currency as part of the app. Forcing universal consensus on this kind of app would be stupidly inefficient.

Producersmarket will be a agricultural supply chain, which will probably consist mostly of farmers and consumers (maybe direct consumers, maybe grocery stores, I don't know). That kind of network also doesn't require universal consensus, because you can only let verified and vouched-for participants join the app, and you can rely on the app DNA to enforce the rules of the app, and you can also black-list bad actors if they attempt to game the system in any way. Each app will have its own approach. It's part of the flexibility of the design.

Exactly, the junto.love doesn't need any kind of decentralization tech to work, it would work just as well on aws which what we try to explain to you. Holochain is a fucking meme, hurrdurr decentralized messaging apps that aren't decentralized and would work just as well on aws, but let's create a new system to get a shit ton of money in an ico hehe xd lol

Devs don't control any of the supply until its unlocked at a minimum over the next 14 years and up to 25 years depending on how the team votes.

Go read the concept for Obelisk. It blows the fuck out of what Holo is implementing. It'll be running later this year.

Also - no currency, no need to hold Holo, no need to have Holo to use Holo apps, shitcoin and memecoin dead on arrival for anyone with 80+ IQ

Oh I see where you're coming from now. You're not seeing the point of having a social network on Holochain because it doesn't *need* decentralization to work. No, it doesn't need it to work, but they are choosing it because they think it is better for social network users to own their own data, among other things. They wrote a blog post recently explaining why they are building on a decentralized architecture: medium.com/juntolove/youre-an-individual-not-a-statistic-4e04408b3503

What do you mean "aren't decentralized?"

Yes, every Holo app needs Holofuel, because that is how app providers pay for hosting. And even though an app like Junto.love won't be building a currency into their app, it will come the capability of processing Holofuel transactions within it, as all Holo apps will, making a kind of built-in e-commerce function for any app, even if they themselves are not currencies.

I thought transactions within the app were free and you only pay for hosting with fuel if you decide to host your hApp on Holo, and you wouldn't because the network isn't as mature as AWS. The coin may never go up in value.

Users dont need holo to use apps, there is a video of Mathew Schutte where he says this

"We dont have a business model for holochain" - Currency is useless

"It is a way of running applications that requires only the devices of the users themselves. My showing up as a user is also me showing up as a host and so I am paying my own way." - You dont need holo

Social network users can own their own data on a AWS server as well, it's just a matter of how the data is stored and who has the right to delete that data. Imagine if you are hosting your own profile on Holo and everytime your device goes offline your data is also offline, is that a good idea? So your profile only exists when you're online? This is why Holo fucking stinks, if you want to have your data online until you delete it then you need a consensus algorithm that makes sure that only the uploaders account can make changes to it, e.g delete, edit and so on.

Eos is already the number 5 most transacted on blockchain and it won’t be long til dan takes over steemits #1 spot. Fuck your faggot boomer feminist coin

Attached: 644FE4CA-D0F5-4F9E-A5EE-811AE8AE456C.jpg (600x600, 68K)

No, you still don't understand the basics of how it works.

Yes, they don't have a business model for Holochain, because Holochain is analogous to blockchain - it is merely an architecture on top of which you can build applications. The app for which they have a business model is Holo.

Holochain is a way of running apps that only require the devices of the users themselves. Correct, you don't need Holo if users are running Holochain apps natively, however it is extremely unlikely that people will actually do that from the beginning, especially normies. But normies can click on a link like Junto.love and sign-up for a new account without even realizing it is running on Holochain and Holo.

Social network users don't own their own data if it is hosted on a centralized server. Sure, it does matter how it is stored and who has the right to delete it, but if you really want to own it, you have to be the one who has access to the keys.

The distributed network holds redundant copies of data. Your profile exists even when you're offline.

Have you seen this one: youtube.com/watch?v=iHn15fioMx0

and this one? youtube.com/watch?v=Ap7zAJS_-FI

Normies aren't making the apps though and devs don't need Holo to use Holochain. Your fuel will be worthless.

Devs need Holofuel to pay for hosting on the Holo network. And Holofuel can be used as a built-in e-commerce plugin for any Holo app that requires it.

Sure, devs can and will build Holochain applications that will work purely p2p and won't be hosted on the legacy web through Holo, but there are plenty of devs that will want their apps to be accessible to normies via regular URLs

The fuck are you talking about? The gossip protocol provides consensus, it’s just not global, when you host an hApp a set number of nodes also hosting the same hApp will record your data, so when your offline your changes can be seen by other users but no one can alter your data in any way, but they can ensure you’re not malicious there’s no need for nodes not hosting the hApp to redundantly record your actions and slow everything down, holochain will be beautifully balanced.

Sigh. Apps are ment to be downloaded by users, so no your argument is faulty. And as he said "my SHOWING UP as a user (NOT DOWNLOADING) is also a me showing up as a host. You know a dapp doesn't require you to download anything, you are merely just distributing data while connected like a bittorrent for example, as fast as you close it you're not sending or recieving data anymore, ala holo. So once I'm off so is my data/profile/photos whatever. This sucks.

Yes they can own their own data on a centralized server in a way that no one can access it except for the user who has the key, this is why blockchain is revolutionary in the first place, as it doesnt require you to trust for example facebook as you know that they have no right in the blockchain to tamper with your data that you uploaded while it can still be online.

You know that the first video is an video of the guy I quoted earlier?

I havent watched these videos and I cant do it right now but my points still stands, otherwise feel free to write down what I've missed.

Why would anyone ever want to take an Uber when the Taxi network is far more mature and established?

No, as I said, the network holds redundant copies of your data. I believe it is sharded in the DHT. So actually it is similar to how you describe the benefits of blockchain - only you have the right to modify your data, AND it can still be online even when you're not. That's what they mean by intrinsic data integrity in a distributed network without the need for universal consensus.

Yes, I know that's the same guy. If you watch all his videos you'll see what the true value proposition is of Holo fuel.

Also, I am just a retard who doesn't know anything, so if you want to get good answers to your questions, you should go to their Telegram and ask the admins, or join the Mattermost server and ask in the tech channels or something.

So then holo doesnt offer anything new, great. And holofuel is still as useless as before as users do not need it to use the apps, great. I was correct on both of my points then.

Users don’t need holofuel to use apps - they get PAID in holofuel, please do more research.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-06-22 at 5.08.55 PM.png (868x495, 576K)

You're retarded. Who cares about supply when they can just freeze your coins going to the exchange? It's a fucking permissioned ledger and only brainlets who entered crypto in January hold Skycoin.

Most ERC20s are unironically a better coin than Skycoin, you fucking pleb.

Wow amazing, so I buy holofuel now and then everyone gets it for free? Who the fuck wants holofuel then?

>Sigh. Apps are ment to be downloaded by users, so no your argument is faulty. And as he said "my SHOWING UP as a user (NOT DOWNLOADING) is also a me showing up as a host. You know a dapp doesn't require you to download anything, you are merely just distributing data while connected like a bittorrent for example, as fast as you close it you're not sending or recieving data anymore, ala holo.

WRONG. You showing up as a user doesn't make you a host. That was Matt talking about an ideal case where the whole web runs on Holochain. That's some scifi bullshit that is at least 5-10 years away. For you to show up as a host you need specialized software like the ones in the holoports.

Holo is a hosting platform that connects dapps built on holochain to the web. You using a holochain app from a normal browser doesn't make you a host. Developers who want to have their apps available for non-holohost users need holofuel to pay for that hosting.

>So once I'm off so is my data/profile/photos whatever. This sucks.

WRONG. It was already explained.

People who wanna buy low and sell high? You understand that any user can determine how much holofuel their hosting power is worth right? And that as more hosts compete with each other to provide more hosting the more value holofuel has? And that holohost will provide a fiat and crypto exchange for holofuel? And devs will create their own exchanges that you can get paid to host?

>For you to show up as a host you need specialized software like the ones in the holoports.

The software you’re referring to is already available on windows, but takes some know how to setup holoports are normie friendly plug and play, a windows/Mac gui and mobile apps are in the works and will be required to use hApps as I understand it, therefore from the beginning all users will be hosts

He has reffered to it using technology similar to bittorrent which means that when you're online you are uploading/downloading data. Which is why he said "My showing up as a user is also me showing up as a host" so yes you're wrong.

Holo is a shitplatform that connects apps with no consensus and it doesnt need holofuel either, there is no reason to use holoapps if you cant do it with a regular device, facebook isnt going to fucking pay to have "normal" users you fucking idiot.

Yeah so its distributed and you're not the only one holding the information, just like blockchain just less distributed, woa amazing, this has been done before its not new you cuntling

Dude, idk what the fuck you're smoking but think of what you've just said and apply some economic sense to it and you'll understand how much of a illiterate retard you are. Economics doesnt work that way.

So enlighten me, how would increasing demand for hosting affect the value of holofuel?

You are 100% retarded and did 0 research on this. Dumber than literal shit.
>facebook isnt going to fucking pay to have "normal" users you fucking idiot.
Yeah, because hosting is free and grows on trees. Reality check: everyone pays for hosting one way or another. It doesn't make a difference if you pay Holo or any other hosting platform. You still have that cost.

>as I understand it, therefore from the beginning all users will be hosts

You're understanding is wrong.

Once mainnet is live, developers build their dapps. These dapps can be accessed by hosts for free because they pay their way. They can also be accessed by normal users that are not hosts. For these users the devs need to pay for hosting in holofuel. All users will be hosts is incorrect because not all users will run the software to be hosts.

As for paying for hosting, like that retard above implied it won't happen, it will totally will. Holo doesn't prevent you from monetizing your dapps. Sure you probably wouldn't want to monetize hosts cause they pay for their own hosting, but you can monetize normal users since you're paying the hosting to reach them. Just like any fucking app in this world does.

Anyway, I'm done. This thread is way too retarded and too uninformed for my taste.

Your*

Fucking Brilliant.

I am so glad we are starting to see the intelligent minds fight back these zombie retards. So tired of this garbage blockchain ponzi.

HOLO Chain 10 cents EOY. This is AT LEAST the next EOS vaporwave scam coin. We all bought EOS knowing it was shit and made out well. I have to say, Holochain seems like if it is a scheme, it will attract more buyers and it will actually come closer to making a real product.

10 cents if Holochain is a failure.

I think we go to $1 to $3 if holochain looks promising and works.

I am a poor fag and put 3 ETH into this.

You do realize that nobody will buy "fuel" for a hosting site that's merely complimentary to a shit blockchain alternative that doesn't even use concensus, right?

Why do you have such a fetish for "consensus?" Their whole point is that "consensus" itself is a sham, inefficient, and an ineffective way for communities of people to do collective sense-making and decision-making.

What do blockchaintards mean when they say consensus? They actually mean a lottery system that decides which node will decide the SINGLE perspective on the ENTIRE state of the network. That isn't actually consensus by any definition of the word.

"General agreement among the members of a given group or community, each of which exercises some discretion in decision-making and follow-up action."

Holochain is actually designed to allow for discretionary decision making by individual agents, meaning it is an ideal technology for building fully decentralized apps that are way fucking more interesting than stupid-ass crypto-kitty tokenization bullshit, because the entire premise of blockchain is retarded.

People will use Holo to host hApps

>For you to show up as a host you need specialized software like the ones in the holoports.

actually they're finishing up a rust code refactor that will pave the way for hosting holo happs in your own browser.

That's why the mozilla partnership is so important, firefox runs in hundreds of millions of pcs and mobiles, a single update can turn them all into holo hosts making it the largest distrubted processing platform in history in the blink of an eye.

BTW the partnership with Mozilla is not official yet, just hints so far.

This won't happen. It's just the whispers of telegram pajeets.

nice try retard

youtube.com/watch?v=J1bKwUy1x1A

Attached: cf302938ef0fcf42a668493890e5b1a4.jpg (900x675, 88K)

Special Olympics podium

You niggers spam a clip where Mozilla said they think Holochain sounds neat. Remember when that video came out of the Coinbase guy playing with Nano? Now look at Nano. Nothing came of that and nothing will come of this.

big if true, but I doubt it will happen, and if it happens I don't want it.

The only scenario where holofuel is useless like dipshits in this thread seem to think, it's when everyone is a host. That future is very far off. As long as Holo doesn't have a monopoly, holofuel is valuable as fuck. It's like crypto in reverse. The more adoption it has, the less holofuel is worth.

Let me get this straight...

No blockchain
No currency
No consensus

I am genuinly asking, is this a scam?
Because holochain seems like a vaporwave clouds because is full of neologisms to try and pass a server as a cryptocurrency.

It's not descentralized because just for having more than one source, look up the definition.
Read on game theory, basic economics and behavioral models online, you can learn a lot for free.

No, no blockchain. Holochain works with each person having their own hash-chain for their own data, and then the public space is a validating, monotonic DHT.
Yes, currencies. It is a platform that is ideal for mutual credit currencies, not tokenized assets. But apps do not HAVE to build currencies into their apps, like Junto.love have chosen not to do.
No *forced* universal consensus when it is not required. It is still an "eventually consistent" data structure., and app developers can customize the type or extent to which additions to the DHT require peer validation. In other words, if it is just to validate that you "liked" someone's post on a social network, this should not *force* every single fucking node in the network to process it and agree to it. It is stupidly inefficient to do that. If it is to process a mutual credit transaction worth millions of dollars, then it should require extensive peer validation before the network accepts it as a valid transaction.

No, it is not a scam. The devs are basically currency and community building activists who have been working on the ideas behind it for like 15 years.

What the fuck are you talking about "not decentralized"??? The DHT is FULLY DISTRIBUTED you fucking retard. Each node has it's own hash-chain, yes, but each of those chains acts as one node in a fully distributed Holochain network. You are the biggest fucking retard in the history of biz if you think that is centralized, holy fucking christ.

>No blockchain
yes
>No currency
it's mutual credit; look it
>No consensus
consensus is used when it's needed
medium.com/holochain/hashgraph-vs-holochain-eb38d7dc1f8a

>I am genuinly asking, is this a scam?
No, you're just a genuine retard that assumes he can understand 10 years of work by reading snippets on Jow Forums and reddit without doing any actual research.

Attached: consensus.jpg (768x591, 103K)

where is this info from? I make my daily research on sky, since I sit on many skyz, and all I know is that Obelisk - and I am sayin this with total honestly is waaay better than pow and pos and it will replace it big time.
I keep an eye on it though and I am waiting for an official skyminer machine which I bought before all this crap happened. Having 90% of 1btc in skycoins keeps me interested in what developers are saying

The telegram?

how can you say this given the current obelisk has already be debunked and the purposedly "superior" obelisk is nowhere to be seen while they claim they want to patent it first?

You do know Skycoin has been reduced to a trashfire, right? You should know that because you keep checking on it.

>Fully distributed
>Each node has its own hash-chain

>Everyone that has an apple has an apple
>Everyone that has an apple has an apple until everyone else decides he doesn't.

I really don't want to shit on your life project but watch out for the outforking man. I warned you.

Non binary cloud server got it.

The SEC is going to have a field day with this shitcoin holy shit.

>fork
If you fork into a new app you isolate yourself from the rest of the network in the original holochain's DHT. You still obviously don't even understand the most basic elements of how this works.

wtf are you even talking about? they have lawyers specializing in securities law advising them and have been doing a far better job of taking care not to give the SEC any excuse to bother them.

You still obviously don't even understand the most basic of human behavior.

This shitcoin will be dead on arrival because there is no mathematical, computational or behavioral tool that allows every member to sustain, engage and overcome conflict.

>We disagree, we fork

Can't you not see this? Are you for real?
This will end up like the fucking tower of babel, everyone for themselves and not usefull at all.

You boomers felt for the dApps meme ignoring that solutions to what you want to solve ARE ALREADY IMPLEMENTED RIGHT NOW.

Forked apps can be interoperable on Holochain, by the way, and they can fork and merge again later on. Forking is a feature, not a bug.

Read this: blog.p2pfoundation.net/what-is-holochain-and-why-does-it-matter/2018/02/15

and this: medium.com/holochain/holochain-reinventing-applications-d2ac1e4f25ef

I assume you haven't read satoshi's whitepaper. He explains it very well.

>muh consensus
>General agreement among the members of a given group or community, each of which exercises some discretion in decision-making and follow-up action.

When people talk about consensus they mean between agents all right, but not individuals MACHINES. Strip that away from whatever scamcoin you're using and you just have a DATABASE.

You think proof of work consensus is inneficient? Well it is, but only under the circunstances where the users and miners have brought themselves into.

Now tell me, if Bitcoin managed to fuck it all up even having the technology behind it, how do you expect HOLOshit to survive without the only thing that made bitcoin valuable?

Dialogue and cute words and ideas don't translate to machines. That's why even with the best intentions in mind, holo is going to fuck up. Not tomorrow, not in a month or a week. But eventually, you will se the userbase divided over the most petty things and everyone going their own way. This was my second and last warning.

I assume you're one of the devs because everyone here already sold their bags so I advise you, end this bullshit, call it a day and go home. Holochain is going nowhere, not without consensus that is.

Holochain is not trying to be Bitcoin, I think that's what you don't understand. It was started before Bitcoin started, and the goals are totally different. The closest comparison in the crypto space is Ethereum, but even that comes from totally different premises, and has different goals too.

The main difference is that it is not trying to tokenize everything. It is trying to give tools for people to build GENERAL PURPOSE distributed applications, including but not exclusively peer to peer mutual credit currencies, that allow them to have control of their own data and agency over how the app ecosystem works and evolves.

And yes, it is taking the focus away from machines and putting it back onto humans.

Holy shit, yes, proof of work is disgustingly inefficient if what you want to do is build general purpose applications. If you want to build digital gold, then sure, PoW it is a secure way of deciding who wins the lottery and gets to make their perspective of the data the only perspective of the data. But general purpose applications that HUMANS will find useful should not have universal consensus.

Do you realize that Holochain is not a single network? Do you realize that Holochain applications are all their OWN Holochain, with their own DHT? It is not like Ethereum. There will be no Ethereum Classic fiasco x100, because Holochain apps are intended to fork, interoperate, and interact to form a complex ecosystem. Did you read the articles I posted above? No, you didn't because otherwise you wouldn't still be this obstinate about a moot point.

No, I'm not one of the devs. I am pretty sure the devs are not spending any of their time on Jow Forums arguing with retards.

Actually, I said the closest comparison was Ethereum, but on second thought something like Safe Network or Elastos are more comparable, most likely. If you don't like Holochain's approach, maybe you'll like those ones better.

They won't because this isn't a security, or a "coin".

HoloChain is simply a grammar like HTML, and the coin that runs on top of it has the potential to be the future currency of the internet. Although, this is a pipe dream of course. But a very possible if this network succeeds.

Thanks bought 1k

From a team building on Holochain, in response to a question about why they choose it instead of hashgraph:

"Yes - and here's why - why would the entire network of agricultural buyers and sellers need to know everything about everyone else's transactions? What if some wanted to keep some of the data innate to their transactions (or the transaction itself) private? From a data and collective decision making perspective - as a way to track the total number of certain crops - it would be great if everyone openly shared everything, and we believe we must get to that point, but right now that's not how the industry works. Agriculture is a consumer driven market - the more market pressures drive transparency, the utilisation of more sustainable agriculture practices, the more we will see those things. The question then also becomes - how do we incentivize transparency in this context?

From a technical perspective, because holochain doesn't force consensus, it can power a billion person marketplace with an unlimited number nodes to process in parallel to achieve millions of transactions per second. Also, the method of cryptographic accounting that holochain presents is an amazing tool for agriculturalists. Imagining something like a credit union that utilises cryptographic accounting...that might be a step towards a global ledger that can accurately account for the agricultural commodities contracted and produced in real time."

Reasons not to buy Skycoin 101:

>imgur.com/a/1herUGK
>thenextweb.com/hardfork/2018/02/15/anatomy-of-a-cryptocurrency-scam-in-the-wild/
>thenextweb.com/hardfork/2018/03/08/exclusive-we-suspected-this-shady-cryptocurrency-project-was-a-scam-now-were-sure-of-it/

SKYCOIN WILL BE KING

King of what? King of scams? I dunno about that I doubt they can outdo Bitconnect.

Attached: poor synth.jpg (900x1247, 182K)

>26 posts by this ID
hahaha someone's bags are getting heavy. although it's good that you're very knowledgeable of your investment, so i have a few questions.

>Holochain is a way of running apps that only require the devices of the users themselves
>Junto.love is a social network, with NO currency as part of the app.
Ok then why not just build on IPFS? why involve a meta-blockchain architecture?

>holochain applications can be anything ... like producersmarket (either using it's own p2p currency, or using Holofuel as a currency)
>That kind of network also doesn't require universal consensus
how do you imagine p2p currency to work without consensus on the distribution of said currency? the whole idea of decentralized currency (or any currency for that matter) relies on the consensus of who has what, otherwise balances are meaningless.

i sort of grabbed quotes from a range of your posts. feel free to refute and insult me, but just saying "did you even read/watch/understand" defeats the point of discussion.

My understanding is that IPFS would be fine if you wanted to build a static webpage or simple web app, or store large files, but for more complex apps like a social network or supply chain app, then Holochain would be much better. The devs have said they like IPFS though and see it as complementary to what they are building, with possible plans to incorporate it into their ecosystem for large file storage (something Holochain is not really ideal for).

Currencies on Holochain make the most sense to function as mutual credit, not as token/coin based. The system doesn't track the location of a "digital asset," which is what blockchain is designed for. Instead, in an agent-centric architecture, payments occur via mutually countersigned (i.e., both parties agree) transactions that are then verified on a shard in the DHT. The network is still "eventually consistent," it just doesn't require the entire network's permission to perform a transaction. Also, what I have described is just one possibility. Devs can decide what kind of system they want to use for their app. You could even rebuild blockchain on top of Holochain architecture, if you really wanted universal consensus. It would just have the same problems and inefficiencies of blockchain. But it has that flexibility.

thanks, that was very informative.