Be British

>vote to leave the EU
>starve

With the benefit of hindsight: Brexit may have been a mistake.

Attached: britain.png (702x692, 646K)

Of course prices will be higher when they don't import shit meat from cheap countries, that's probably contaminated. If we can do it, so can the UK.

brexit is great

Can't wait the 29 march

Where else will Britain get their contaminated horse meat from now?

More likely we will eat chlorinated American chickens after Theresa presents her another glorious deal, this time with trump

It's pretty funny how Britain constantly railed on how "inefficient French farmers" are being protected from outside competition and how Britain could totally get cheaper food from Africa if not for the gosh darned EU keeping a brotha down, but when they leave it suddenly turns out that those "inefficient French farmers" are actually quite useful to them.

They constantly whine about "muh trade restrictions" but I'm willing to bet my left nut that the British will not implement a 0% import tariff for every single country on the planet. That'd be the ideal way to get around "muh EU": just put tariffs for everyone at zero. No need to arrange trade deals either, because everyone is just dumping their goods on your market anyway. The problem is that nobody will lower their tariffs to zero so you'll have a very had time exporting while your market is being dumped full of cheap goods. If only there was some sort of trade organization where every member was obliged to maintain free trade with all other members or something...

Based the US deal will be an even bigger trainwreck cause the UK has no leverage against them. These cunts even delayed your WTO application

French food is the best in the world tbf and most EU farmers need subsidizes cause their business is too small. But since they have strategic value and are reliable conservative voters they will get pampered for a long time

Things aren't as easy when you don't have an absurd oil revenue and tons of natural resources shared by just a couple of million people

No tarifs are risky cause the WTO doesn't allow you to rise them to the old level once you lowered them. Only even lower tarifs are allowed

Norway may be rich in natural resources, but we have very little arable land, unlike the UK. As far as farming goes, the UK is better off than Norway.

They're risky, but there's no reason to fear that if your big complaint against the EU is that it's holding you back from trading with others.

The funniest thing is that May constantly talks that Brexit will reduce immigration but India's prime minister Modi already declared that he will sign a new trade deal with the UK only if we agree to deregulate immigration procedures for Indians
This whole deal-making after Brexit will be a nasty mess, fuck the Tories

You can just eat nothing but salmon.

kek the numbers from the last months already showed that the EU migration was replaced by non EU migration. Let them have their Paki plumbers instead of poles

Yes, one of the longest coastlines in the world eats fish. The UK has a coastline too.

pretty shure British soil is very depleted like the rest of Europe. Norway is bad off because of the climatic conditions. Best soil is still in Russia and some parts of the US

Damn thatcherism looks like *THAT*!?

Why would things not be the same as before they were in the EU?

They did fine before it, they didn't need it back then.

But the EU negotiated fishing rights. No fish for Thommy scouser

That, and almost the entire country is one big mountain range.

Attached: nordryggen-616_kart-nordryggen-1609-2013[1].jpg (616x633, 52K)

They want it that way because they know non-EU migrants will agree to work for less and in worse conditions.
The whole point of Brexit is to deregulate labour market and make the UK a sweatshop for temporary foreign workers. The misery of Britons is just a price Tories are willing to pay.

Okay, but after Brexit the EU has no business in the UK's waters.

I doubt the temporariness of their stay, but otherwise it's not a bad idea. There's a lot of whining about "hurr durr muh corporations" but look at the other side of the equation: they'll be able to sell their products for lower prices, driving down the costs of living. That's the whole point behind free trade and specialization: getting cheap goods. There's a reason why we're all wearing € 15 jeans from Bangladesh and China rather than € 60 jeans from Germany or Italy.

it will work with first gen that will lower the head and take those jobs, you'll see with 2nd and 3rd gen when you'll have millions of shitskins born in the kingdom willing to have a normal life.

>no cheap south euro competition
>farmers get a better price for their produce
Why complain?

they have to feed their animals too lol

We haven't been able to provide enough food for our population since begore WWII. If we fuck up our imports, there will be shortages.

Good, fuck anglo scum.

I think the farmers are trying to point out a lot of their products go to the EU while a lot of EU products go to the UK.

This desu

Attached: 80b55b6b2f574ca76bd93b7e30ce66bb5d9c760a73d43fc84dbd893cb0e9c7bd.jpg (799x650, 78K)

That "cheap south euro competition" is precisely what keeps food cheap in the UK and in turn keeps living costs low. Farmers can get a "better price" for their products which means food becomes expensive. Anyone who doesn't work in the agricultural sector (and even in France that's only 5% of the population) will become poorer for it as their monthly expenses will increase and they'll be left with less money in their pockets in the long run. That southern European competition is cheap simply because they're better able to produce food against lower costs.

This too, so perhaps even the farmers won't end up better for it.

Most of our food exports are luxury goods like whisky and Scottish fish. Most of our imports are basic necessities, vegetables and fruit.

Personally I believe in emergence of slow fashion but due to Brexit our costs of living have already increased: the pound lost so much of its value that most goods imported from abroad are approximately 20% more expensive than they used to be. I doubt it that lower labour costs will compensate the fall of exchange rates.

Speak for yourself and your Hamlet, Hans.

Why can't you just do whatever you did before the EU?

People still have food to sell, you still have money to buy it.
This seems like fear mongering to me, nothing to panic over.

>t. 0 (0) idea boot int trade

>People still have food to sell, you still have money to buy it.
But against what price? Within the EU there's 0% tariffs. This means that if grain is cheaper to produce in Poland (due to lower wages?), it's also cheaper for the British to buy. Outside of the EU, Britain will have to deal with tariffs, which drives up the prices. There's still food to sell and money to buy with, but you'll need more money for less food. The average Brit is going to end up paying the price for this.

Unless Trump manages to #ArtOfTheDeal Britain into signing a deal with America where they put 0% tariffs on American agricultural goods. Or, as Brexiteers love to whine, cheaper food from Africa. You know, the continent constantly dealing with starvation where most of the farming is subsistence?

Attached: 1420327954848.jpg (232x232, 15K)

spanish soil is more degraded than german you pleb

>they didn't need it back then

Is that why they applied 5 times to join before getting accepted?

A lot of the countries we used to import our food from before the EU are now part of the EU, or were our colonies.

>make the UK a sweatshop for temporary foreign workers

To be fair everyone is doing this these days.

only in no deal, it was part of mays deal

Make new deals, make bilateral deals, negotiate, you have shit to sell too.
I don't see how things will be that much different.

This. Why the hell does that burger even think colonialism was a thing in the first place? It is to acquire resources.

>Make new deals
I'm going to ask you a very difficult question, so hear me out and take your time to think all of this through. Would a country with 60 million inhabitants and a relatively small industrial sector have a harder time in arranging trade deals than the largest free trade block on the planet with nearly 500 million inhabitants, yes or no?

That's what we're trying, and failing, to do!

Theresa may seemsnincompetent desu

That didn't stop the Incas, why should it stop you?

Attached: incaterracefarming.jpg (700x436, 131K)

High quality of posts so far maybe some of the more economic literates want to participate in

I don't live in the central ""sea"" our the southern desert. The spanish north is lush with vegetation.

Oh, well keep trying.
No reason you can't work things out, not much will change, you'll see.

Is this true? I just can't imagine the logic here. Why would brexiteers want pakistanis and indians over poles?

Where can you see that?

There is reasons it won't work. We already have the best possible deal, and the people doing the negotiating are insisting on red lines that mean they can't get any of the other next best deals.

wouldn't farmers be happy to see the nation starve?
they could hike up the prices and become rich
people would sell themselves as slaves for food and they could claim the depopulated areas

A lot of farmers in the UK are dependent on EU subsidies. The government are unlikely to find a replacment.

That's why they want to leave. Donno why the average cities livers would think it will benefit them. With a liberal majority society it's unlikely they ban migration. Maybe they really do prefer paki and Indian over poles and other European. They don't see themselves European after all

The Incas could probably grow shit all year round in their climate, so there was an incentive to make more farmland. In Norway even the best land is completely useless half of the year, so there was more focus on animal farming. Just my guess.

Brits deserve to starve.

>they could hike up the prices and become rich
You can't draw blood from a stone.

Let's face it, Theresa might hang if she gets one of her horrendous Brexit compromises through.

I get UK wanted to be more independent but Jesus, their politicians are fucking incompetent. Did the average brit was unaware of that?

>leave the e""""u"""" and you'll FUCKING STARVE
the absolute state of eubot damage control

I don't think you understand the mental retardation of the average brit.

Cause UK>EU.

>Did the average brit was unaware of that?
Probably, considering Cameron instantly stepped down and Theresa May (who was a fucking REMAIN activist) blundered her way into dumb decision after dumb decision. That's why you don't send a woman to do a man's job. Her biggest mistake of all was initiating the article 50 procedure and THEN starting negotiations, rather than starting negotiations and only waiting until after they were nearly complete to initiate the procedure.

This isn't deliberate, you economically illiterate dimwit. The EU would be violating WTO rules if they didn't implement their third country tariffs on Britain as soon as it left (without a trade deal, that is).

Pay denbts

Anglos will starve and people from north Germany and continental Denmark will repopulate that island.
Like in the old days

>Her biggest mistake of all was initiating the article 50 procedure and THEN starting negotiations, rather than starting negotiations and only waiting until after they were nearly complete to initiate the procedure.

In fairness, Corbyn was pushing for that as well.

Don't worry bongs, we'll take good care of you

Attached: 1545919181741.jpg (600x760, 59K)

I feel bad for you. Your alternatives are a borderline senile granny and comrade Corbachev.

Brexit is a real life example of the horseshoe theory in action. No-dealers are either communists who want the current system to crash or out of touch upper class elitists who want poor people to starve to death.

>This isn't deliberate
But it is. eurocrats would love to see bongs suffer as much as possible.

Attached: CjK1WMfUkAESDla.jpg (600x507, 53K)

Nice headline. Now can you get me a direct citation of Juncker's words?

Find the article

>implying there are countries that didn't wan't see the Perfidious Albion to suffer

See the picture text. "Not handled gently" aka. No special treatment.

No

Nah, I'm Scottish.

Attached: images.jpg (246x205, 13K)

I feel bad for you. Your alternatives are a borderline senile granny and comrade Corbachev but you don't even get to choose.

They want neither but british economy wouldnt work without them, you always need people for cleaning toilets or picking vegetables e.g. cause no locals would do it. We also have a global shortage of qualified health care personal which means that even more Indian doctors will come while those from the EU will choose other countries

They say this rubbish all the time to scare the public into having another referendum.

Not till the next indy ref. There have been rumblings, if it all goes as bad as I expect it will we'll probably have one in the next year or two, and have a good chance of winning this time.

Only the big farmers probably but those arent that dependant on gouverment money anyway

t.

Attached: 1511143995415.png (640x1136, 124K)

or buy wheat produced in us with us taxpayer subsidy with 0% tarriff after fta deal with trump

its mostly low earning workers who have no clue about economics, the poorest regions all voted for brexit while ironically getting the most gibs from brussels before

its called project reality

>that's probably contaminated
Yeah all those plagues in Poland and Romania are really deadly. Also OP is retarded, because they can buy American food.

your country tried to block britain from joining the WTO also with Trump as self styled master of deals why would he give Britain a fair trade deal ??

>cause no locals would do it at the price 3rd world shithole migrants accept to do it

here, it's more accurate

up until you notice that the chinese outcompete you not only in jeans, but in increasingly advanced electronics -- and ultimately everything

It's reality in the eyes of lefties and other EU loving scum.

this

fuck Siemens and their retardation

1. trump is a britboo with muh special relationship fag (mummy issue, i reckon)
2. britain is in wto member. tried to block?
worst come to worst, uk's food price will increase by 10% max, and they are not gonna starve. its just project fear mk2

>You know, the continent constantly dealing with starvation where most of the farming is subsistence?
partially because subsidized eu exports ruin local markets

>Britain is a full member of the WTO, but its membership is bound up with the EU, meaning it has to come to an independent agreement with the trade body.
US, Moldova, China and NZ were among the countries who prevented a fast deal between Britain and the WTO

?? britain is already a member of wto. what time frame are you talking?